Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? (1695 Views)

Do You Like To Eat TIGER NUTS Or Drink It, See The HEALTH Benefit / What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? / Coca-Cola Launches First Alcoholic Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 6:17am On Feb 23, 2017
I was contemplating which section is right to write this. I was considering health or food section.

For the love people have for food I decided to post it in this section.

Food is considered to be any substance consumed to provide nutritional support for the body. It is usually of plant or animal origin, and contains essential nutrients, such as carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, or minerals. The substance is ingested by an organism and assimilated by the organism's cells to provide energy, maintain life, or stimulate growth.

Some people prefer organic, natural or junk food.

Inasmuch as food is important for the nourishment of our body there are certain foods and drinks our digestive and body systems react to. There are individuals who can eat any type of food irrespective of its origin.

At age 16 I noticed my system always react to eba. Anytime I eat it I usually have a sensation in my throat like blood is passing through and I end throwing up. I stopped eating eba not until last two years when I started eating it and I noticed that the sensation has stopped.

Sometime last year, I noticed my system reacts to beans, no matter the form it is prepared (beans cake, akara, beans, rice and beans). Anytime I eat beans I usually have stomach upset throughout that day. Ever since I noticed the reaction in my digestive system, I have removed beans from my menu and food shelf till further notice.

I just want to ask Nairalanders what food their system react to? I know for some people anything goes while some are selective. Tell us what you react to. Let's hear your view.

Cc:
Redbeans
Lefulefu
Benita27
Whitehousechick
Anuoluwapo23
Friedplantain

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Smhart1(f): 7:02am On Feb 23, 2017
All carbonated drinks and eba

1 Like

Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 7:34am On Feb 23, 2017
Smhart1:
All carbonated drinks and eba

What effects do you have when you take them?
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Smhart1(f): 7:54am On Feb 23, 2017
Dextology:

What effects do you have when you take them?
indigestion, belching and ulcer complications.

1 Like

Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 23, 2017
My body reacts to food that has too much pepper in it.i tend to purge so i dont like too much pepper.If there"s no too much pepper i wont react.op that pix of the food u just posted is my best meal oo cheesy.
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 23, 2017
Smhart1:
indigestion, belching and ulcer complications.

Awwww, I guess you avoid them. Sometimes we can be tempted to take them.
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by flashinglights: 9:22am On Feb 23, 2017
Most brands of milk and also beans, they send me purging spree.
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 23, 2017
lefulefu:
My body reacts to food that has too much pepper in it.i tend to purge so i dont like too much pepper.If there"s no too much pepper i wont react.op that pix of the food u just posted is my best meal oo cheesy.

Boss, too much pepper no too good but some people love pepper wella. Your best meal de plague my stomach seriously. grin
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Smhart1(f): 9:27am On Feb 23, 2017
Dextology:

Awwww, I guess you avoid them. Sometimes we can be tempted to take them.
I don't get tempted at all. I've been avoiding this things for nothing less that 4years

1 Like

Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 23, 2017
flashinglights:
Most brands of milk and also beans, they send me purging spree.

What other source of protein do you take in place of beans?
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 23, 2017
Dextology:

Boss, too much pepper no too good but some people love pepper wella. Your best meal de plague my stomach seriously. grin
haba beans? beans no dey do me anythin oooo and i love am wella.. though i know most ppl run away frm beans cos dem say e too dey make persin mess grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.there"s another beans i love wich na olele beans.i no know weda u know dat one.na boiled yam dem dey take eat am or garri cheesy cheesy
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 23, 2017
Smhart1:
I don't get tempted at all. I've been avoiding this things for nothing less that 4years

That's great, being committed to your decisions. It's better to avoid it than face the repercussions
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 23, 2017
lefulefu:

haba beans? beans no dey do me anythin oooo and i love am wella.. though i know most ppl run away frm beans cos dem say e too dey make persin mess grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.there"s another beans i love wich na olele beans.i no know weda u know dat one.na boiled yam dem dey take eat am or garri cheesy cheesy

I know am wella but anything made with beans na wahala for my system
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by flashinglights: 9:41am On Feb 23, 2017
Dextology:

What other source of protein do you take in place of beans?

Let's see, meat eggs and fish. I love fish without the skin though
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 23, 2017
flashinglights:

Let's see, meat eggs and fish. I love fish without the skin though

Same thing here, especially fish.

What do you mean without the skin? I am kinda interested grin
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 23, 2017
Dextology:
I was contemplating which section is right to write this. I was considering health or food section.

Food is considered to be any substance consumed to provide nutritional support for the body. It is usually of plant or animal origin, and contains essential nutrients, such as carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, or minerals. The substance is ingested by an organism and assimilated by the organism's cells to provide energy, maintain life, or stimulate growth.

Inasmuch as food is important for the nourishment of our body there are certain foods and drinks our digestive and body systems react to. There are individuals who can eat any type of food irrespective of its origin.

At age 16 I noticed my system always react to eba. Anytime I eat it I usually have a sensation in my throat like blood is passing through and I end throwing up. I stopped eating eba not until last two years when I started eating it and I noticed that the sensation has stopped.

Sometime last year, I noticed my system reacts to beans, no matter the form it is prepared (beans cake, akara, beans, rice and beans). Anytime I eat beans I usually have stomach upset throughout that day. Ever since I noticed the reaction in my digestive system, I have removed beans from my menu and food shelf till further notice.

I just want to ask Nairalanders what food their system react to? I know for some people anything goes while some are selective. Tell us what you react to. Let's hear your view.

Cc:
Redbeans
Lefulefu
Benita27
Whitehousechick
Anuoluwapo23
Friedplantain
oga lecturer... Your essay is not up to 450 words.

To the question... Mine would be egg, beans, spicy and sugary tins. Gives me stomach upset. Can't stop eating them though...
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Anuoluwapo23(f): 9:59am On Feb 23, 2017
Bean tho sometimes efo, sometimes garri cool
Dextology:

Cc:
Redbeans
Lefulefu
Benita27
Whitehousechick
Anuoluwapo23
Friedplantain
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 23, 2017
redbeans:
oga lecturer... Your essay is not up to 450 words.

To the question... Mine would be egg, beans, spicy and sugary tins. Gives me stomach upset. Can't stop eating them though...

Sorry examiner, I would make it up in the next exam.

Only you? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 23, 2017
Anuoluwapo23:
Bean tho sometimes efo, sometimes garri cool

As per my sister from my state you know we can't do without efo riro grin grin
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by flashinglights: 10:38am On Feb 23, 2017
Dextology:

Same thing here, especially fish.

What do you mean without the skin? I am kinda interested grin

Lol, the skin of fish has this weird feel in my mouth so I just 'peel' it off the flesh of the fish.
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 23, 2017
My system reacts to too sugary things and too milky things.

I once had a combination of indo-mie and fried plantain. Only God saved me that day cos I fell ill and was throwing up, since then have not tried having same combination. grin
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 23, 2017
flashinglights:

Lol, the skin of fish has this weird feel in my mouth so I just 'peel' it off the flesh of the fish.

That's interesting, I will give it a try one of this day. Hope you'll be available to put me through? Beside I love those things on your profile pic wink
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 23, 2017
Benita27:
My system reacts to too sugary things and too milky things.

I once had a combination of indo-mie and fried plantain. Only God save me that day cos I fell ill and was throwing up, since then have not tried having same combination. grin

Hehehe, are you a scientist? grin grin grin You wan carry out experience
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
Dextology:

Hehehe, are you a scientist? grin grin grin You wan carry out experience
Wasn't carring out an experiment I just felt like eating something different that day. grin
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by flashinglights: 12:58pm On Feb 23, 2017
Dextology:

That's interesting, I will give it a try one of this day. Hope you'll be available to put me through? Beside I love those things on your profile pic wink

Sure no problem smiley
You love cookies too, that's cool cheesy
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 23, 2017
Benita27:
Wasn't carring out an experiment I just felt like eating something different that day. grin

I can't fit try it, my stomach is fragile.
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 23, 2017
flashinglights:

Sure no problem smiley
You love cookies too, that's cool cheesy

Any day, any time but not in the dream grin
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by flashinglights: 1:29pm On Feb 23, 2017
Dextology:

Any day, any time but not in the dream grin

Funny you
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 23, 2017
Dextology:

I know am wella but anything made with beans na wahala for my system
have u tried boiled beans with no palm oil added and eaten with rice? its tasty and dat might not affect ur stomach cheesy
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 23, 2017
lefulefu:

have u tried boiled beans with no palm oil added and eaten with rice? its tasty and dat might not affect ur stomach cheesy

Boss, there is no type of beans i haven't eaten in whatever way it is prepared, maybe na wetin de affect my stomach be that
Re: What Food Or Drink Does Your Digestive System Reacts To? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 27, 2017
Benita27:

Hey, it's been awhile. Hope you're doing great?

(1) (Reply)

The Only Juice Made By Nigeria For All Nigerian, Best Season Business / COVID-19 Lockdown: Residents Kill, Eat Baboon In South Africa (photos) / Thai Green Curry With Rice- Ramadan Kareem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.