Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,136 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu (5102 Views)

Checkout This Throwback Picture Of El-rufai And Wife / I Will Sign More Death Warrants — Oshiomhole / Jonathan Asks Governors To Sign Death Warrants Of Condemned Criminals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 4:47pm On Dec 10, 2009
http://ngex.com/news/public/newsinfo.php?nid=8698
xNigeria issues international arrest warrants for el-Rufai and Ribadu
x | December 10, 2009

The Nigeria Police Force has issued international arrest warrants for the former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Malam Nuhu Ribadu and the former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Malam Nasir el-Rufai.

The Force Headquarters issued a signal for their arrest and said that Interpol was contacted because of a court order requesting the men's extradition for failing to appear in court over EFCC cases.

On November 20, 2009, the Code of Conduct Tribunal ordered the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Ogbona Onovo, to arrest Malam Nuhu Ribadu for refusing to appear before it to answer charges of non-declaration of assets filed against him by the Code of Conduct Bureau.

The tribunal’s Chairman, Justice Constance Momoh, issued the order after she was told that Ribadu was not before the tribunal to answer charges of non-declaration of assets filed against him by the Code of Conduct Bureau.

The Force Headquarters signal titled, "Watch-Listing of Nasir Ahmed el-Rufai and Nuhu Ribadu,” asked Interpol to arrest them “immediately.”
It read, “We are watch-listing the above-named persons for acts contrary to sections 96, 120, 123 and 124 Cap 532, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 1990 and some provisions of the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act 2000,”

Critics say the cases against Nasir Ahmed el-Rufai and Nuhu Ribadu are politically motivated
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by kokoA(m): 4:51pm On Dec 10, 2009
Shameless people.!
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Jaybee2412(m): 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2009
Whatever happened to those named in the Halliburton Saga.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by ud4u: 5:22pm On Dec 10, 2009
After enjoying the sweeter side of the power now they are enjoying the bitter side of it.

Nigeria will never cease to be Nigeria.

They are all same of same, meaning that those that want to arrest and those they want to arrest are all birds of a feather.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by linuxuser(m): 5:23pm On Dec 10, 2009
To hell with all of u -  Ibori, Yardua, AGF, Waziri and dishonourable Justice Momoh.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Depilot(m): 6:53pm On Dec 10, 2009
ud4u:

After enjoying the sweeter side of the power now they are enjoying the bitter side of it.

Nigeria will never cease to be Nigeria.

They are all same of same, meaning that those that want to arrest and those they want to arrest are all birds of a feather.
You're a good man
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by bawomolo(m): 7:30pm On Dec 10, 2009
Jaybee2412:

Whatever happened to those named in the Halliburton Saga.

our AG said he would release the list in 100 days. 100 days have passed and the list must have been shredded or something.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by 9ijaprince(m): 8:02pm On Dec 10, 2009
the list will come maybe in next decade.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 10, 2009
It's sad what we allow happen in this country. There is every reason to believe that if Ribadu had accepted all the bribes and taken all the corners, he'll perhaps be considered for PDP presidency come 2011. Who knows?
What morals do we have in this sick nation?
Sometimes, I find it hard to believe that we haven't created our own morals, our own good and evil, especially suited for us. A moral philosopher should be able to explain all of this to us (from logic)

To me, Ribadu remains a truly Nigerian icon
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Akaraiwe(m): 8:21pm On Dec 10, 2009
@ud4u
Dear,i share the same conclusion. Why is that they only find faults when these public office holders leave their positions. Nuhu Ribadu has suffocated the biggest of fishes. I just believe those holy cows he made to face the law are the part of this crusade to tarnish his image and rubbish his person
None of them holy pass!!! angry
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by SamMilla1(m): 8:26pm On Dec 10, 2009
i guess this is to derail their ambitions of running for public offices , at least for now,
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by tundewoods(m): 8:37pm On Dec 10, 2009
Now this should be a laughable statement being issues by our beloved Nigerian Police Force. Or please correct me if i am wrong,is it not the same Nigerian Police Force that Amnesty International accused of grievious human rights abuses such as extra judicial kills at will.

Please lets face more serious issues than taking this so called Interpol Warrant of Arrest for Ribadu & El Rufai seriously. We all know that the our NPF is nothing but Hounds of witch hunting,
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by edoyad(m): 8:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
Nigeria the JOKE LOLs. Did you think Hilary Clinton was kidding when she implied we were a FAILED STATE during her visit ? Nigeria is like the Simpsons on Tv. I'm sure anytime govt officials visit foreign countries the govts receive them smiling cos of what they're thinking. They're thinking,"Oh It's these jokers again. They never cease to entertain us with their drama, what bunch of i.diots "
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 10, 2009
Nigeria is the only country of the world where you arrest a man in other to declare him innocent.

Justice constnce momoh said she has seen documents confirming Ribadu did actually declare his assets but claims except Ribadu is present she wont throw out the case.

[size=18pt]BIZARE!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Depilot(m): 8:52pm On Dec 10, 2009
Nigeria is a failed state without any question, now the question is: how do will improve our standard? what do we need to do to revise this failed state?
I think we can start the process by asking these dudes (El-rufai And Ribadu)  to return home to present their cases.

Pretty soon everyone of us will start escaping to another country whenever our action is questioned. Akingbola is already tasting the same water and he can not be blamed for it.

I honestly think Ribadu should present his conditions and return back home as soon as possible. Running or hidding makes him look like a thief and a hypocrite.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Depilot(m): 8:53pm On Dec 10, 2009
Hey Mikeansy, my good friend. How life?
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Akaraiwe(m): 9:02pm On Dec 10, 2009
My worst pain is that,both guys must have declared their assets,because if it is truly a 'must do" for any public office holder,they should and must have declared their assets. Now they can only be wanted for interrogation ONLY if there is a case of false declaration aside other crimes.
These guys would not willingly want to come here to clear the air because here in our Naija,its GUILTY until proven INNOCENT!!!
Dem go so mess up whats left of their reputation
Wait a minute!!! i no say dem no do anything sha grin
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Depilot(m): 9:11pm On Dec 10, 2009
Akaraiwe:

My worst pain is that,both guys must have declared their assets,because if it is truly a 'must do" for any public office holder,they should and must have declared their assets. Now they can only be wanted for interrogation ONLY if there is a case of false declaration aside other crimes.
These guys would not willingly want to come here to clear the air because here in our Naija,its GUILTY until proven INNOCENT!!!
Dem go so mess up whats left of their reputation
Wait a minute!!! i no say dem no do anything sha grin
@Akaraiwe:
Bros, both guys did not declare their assets before and after. Besides that, both guys are not only wanted for assets declaration, they are wanted for other things.
For example: El-rufai got rid of several government properties to his family and friends at a ridiculous among.

Believe me, the best thing for these dudes is to immediately present their conditions and return home as soon as possible.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Fhemmmy: 9:23pm On Dec 10, 2009
Why now, so many has been arrested and nothing happens.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Akaraiwe(m): 9:26pm On Dec 10, 2009
Depilot
 Bro, those government properties  you did say El-rufai did get rid of,they were sold isnt it?,and i believe such properties are for the 'high class' right?, and if they are legitimately sold off with govt consent, then u should know that most of these buyers will have a connection with him or his office,like it or not.
   When banks and Govt offices,NDlea dey auction cars or other properties,do you ever get to hear of it or even participate,na within that dem clique.
  If we keep talking about these people we would go on and on,none of them are clean !!!
Fhemmmmmy i tire oh!!!
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by TmeD0(m): 9:27pm On Dec 10, 2009
naija, we hail thee!

no be the same thief people wan carry dem go court?

let's be realistic, did anyone really think for a second that these guys are really going to get a fair hearing if they come back?

abi, no be the same naija we dey talk about. . .guilty regardless proven innocent.  

i hope interpol no take all these corrupt jokers serious sha.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 10, 2009
Depilot:

@Akaraiwe:
Bros, both guys did not declare their assets before and after. Besides that, both guys are not only wanted for assets declaration, they are wanted for other things.
For example: El-rufai got rid of several government properties to his family and friends at a ridiculous among.

Believe me, the best thing for these dudes is to immediately present their conditions and return home as soon as possible.

You must know something the Code of Conduct Bureau and Justice Constance Momoh of the Code of Conduct Tribunal do not know. The government agencies who hold the records in issues of this nature have confirmed Ribadu declared his assets.

For El-Rufai he is being accused of 32billion pounds mis-appropriation. Aliyu Moddibbo was used to hatch this baseless allegation but during the few times Remi Babalola spent conducting the affairs of the FCT. He confirmed the money is actually in FCT account.

so I don't know what other things you mean El-Rufai has been accussed of. But the fact remains that every week Aondoakaa keeps making uo baseless acccusations while defending corrupt ex-Governors with  proven cases of corruption.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Fhemmmy: 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2009
Akaraiwe:

Depilot
 Bro, those government properties  you did say El-rufai did get rid of,they were sold isnt it?,and i believe such properties are for the 'high class' right?, and if they are legitimately sold off with govt consent, then u should know that most of these buyers will have a connection with him or his office,like it or not.
   When banks and Govt offices,NDlea dey auction cars or other properties,do you ever get to hear of it or even participate,na within that dem clique.
  If we keep talking about these people we would go on and on,none of them are clean !!!
   Fhemmmmmy i tire oh!!!

Pathetic that we keep going around in circle . . . . now they wanna arrest the dude cos his name is in the air to run for 2011?
They actually think we are fools, but then, we must have been fool to keep quiet sha
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Depilot(m): 9:30pm On Dec 10, 2009
Mikeansy: I said: how life for your side?
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Igwe9(m): 9:31pm On Dec 10, 2009
what goes around comes around sad
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 10, 2009
Depilot

The Justice System where you want this men to come and defend themselves is one in which Bafarawa was innocent untill he started to openly criticise the Government and became a key player in the formation of NDM.

Bafarawa left office 2 years ago. why was he not corrupt all this while? He had no immunity, the only immunity is to keep quiet at the lack of leadership in Nigeria. The moment he began anti-Government political activities he became corrupt.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Depilot(m): 9:34pm On Dec 10, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Pathetic that we keep going around in circle . . . . now they wanna arrest the dude cos his name is in the air to run for 2011?
They actually think we are fools, but then, we must have been fool to keep quiet sha

We do not know the right from wrong, I think this is one of our major problems in Nigeria.
What do you expect?
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Depilot(m): 9:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
mikeansy:

Depilot

The Justice System where you want this men to come and defend themselves is one in which Bafarawa was innocent untill he started to openly criticise the Government and became a key player in the formation of NDM.

Bafarawa left office 2 years ago. why was he not corrupt all this while? He had no immunity, the only immunity is to keep quiet at the lack of leadership in Nigeria. The moment he began anti-Government political activities he became corrupt.

Mikeansy: Believe me, I see your point very clear. Infact, I still can not believe that Tinubu and Odeli are still walking freely in this country. But never the less, we must first understand that El-rufai And Ribadu are simply parts of our problems. These people are the same.

I am not proud of our system in Nigeria, but I will never allow Ribadu to play me for a fool.
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Depilot(m): 9:43pm On Dec 10, 2009
They can all go to hel l together holding hands, and allow real people real leaders to take control of this country.

Ribadu do not care about Nigeria, he only cares about himself, his agenda and also to proof to his enemies that his ego is still big and active.
It is his personal fight and not a fight for Nigeria.

Trust me!
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Depilot(m): 9:47pm On Dec 10, 2009
Do you guys know that Ribadu was supporting the implementation of the 3rd term?
I bet you, 99% of these people supporting Ribadu did not know.

1 Like

Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by Depilot(m): 9:54pm On Dec 10, 2009
Ribadu will break down at the court of law if he ever shows up; there are too many questions that will reveal too many illegal actions.

Mikeansy: Do you honestly believe that Ribadu is staying away from court because someone is after his life?
Re: Plolice Issues International Arrest Warrants For El-rufai And Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 10:03pm On Dec 10, 2009
this is very true. he was supporting 3rd term in order to prolong his term as the efcc boss and eventually retain the position of the igp. report also suggested that he badly wanted the igp position more than anything else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu / Your President Doesn’t Seem To Understand A Whole Lot About Governance. - Obama / You Won't Believe This Road Was Commissioned 3 Months Ago [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.