Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) (33302 Views)

Adoki Joy, UNIPORT Student, Raped And Killed By Kidnappers (photos) / Gunmen Hijack Corpse, Demand 1M Ransom In Ahoada, Rivers State / Man Kidnaps Cheating Girlfriend’s Mother, Collects 300k Ransom (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by dre11(m): 9:26am On Feb 23, 2017
Juliana Francis

Operatives of the Inspector-General of Police (IG), Ibrahim Idris’ Special Intelligence Response Team (IRT), have arrested two men, Patrick Koyi and Chituru Ferdinand, for allegedly kidnaping a lecturer.

The suspects also beat the victim to death after collecting N1.1 ransom.The IRT operatives, led by Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP), Abba Kyari, also arrested Sunday Ogbonda (24), who shot a retired Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) several times and still not satisfied, drove a nail into his head to ensure he was dead.

According to police, Koyi and Ferdinand were arrested for kidnapping and killing a lecturer, Emmanuel Chinasa Obi, working with the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) in September 2016.

A police source said: “The lecturer was murdered by his kidnappers after a ransom of N1.1 million was paid in two installments to them.

The kidnappers first received a ransom of N700,000 from his family while he was alive, then they paid an additional N400,000 after he was killed.

When the kidnappers refused to release the lecturer, the family became worried. The family sent a petition to the IG on the matter. The IG instructed IRT operatives to investigate the abduction.”

The source added that Koyi was arrested in Port Harcourt in possession of Obi’s Techno phone.
Koyi confessed to the crime and led operatives to his home, where Ferdinand, whom he fingered as the mastermind of the abduction, was arrested.

Narrating his role in the abduction, Ferdinand said his friend, Akika, from Akwa Ibom State, suggested they should abduct the lecturer.

The lecturer attracted the suspects’ attention after they discovered he was building a duplex in the village, at Rumuji Town. Ferdinand said: “We talked about it.

I told Akika that we needed a gun; he invited Omega, who also called in Koyi. On the day the lecturer was kidnapped, I wasn’t around.
I went to Port Harcourt. When I came back, I learnt the man was dead. I was given N50,000.

Koyi told me that it was Omega that beat the lecturer to death, while they were in the camp.

“When they realised the man was dead, Omega and Akiki moved his corpse out of the camp, to another site for burial.

I don’t know how the police came into the matter, but it was Koyi that brought them to arrest me.”
Speaking on the arrest of Ogbonda, a suspected cult member connected with the murder of the retired DSP, police said the suspect and his gang had been terrorising Rivers State.

The police added that Ogbonda was arrested for allegedly taking part in the January 9 murder of retired Deputy Superintendent of Police, Mr. Ikechi Dornata. Dornata died after a gang of cultists attacked him in his home town, in Kono-Boun area of Khanna, Local Government Area of Rivers State.

The cultists allegedly shot him several times, before driving a nail into his head. The reason the cultists targeted Dornata is yet unknown. Before his retirement, Dornata was the officer-incharge of the Rivers State Police Command Armoury. He held the position for 10 years before his retirement.

Like Koyi and Ferdinand, Ogbonda was tracked through the phone of the DSP, which he allegedly stole after killing him.

“He was tricked to a hotel in Port Harcourt, where he was eventually arrested. When the phone was searched, a photograph showing Ogbonda posing with an assault rifle was seen in the phone,” said the police.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/crime/metro/kidnappers-beat-lecturer-death-collect-n1-1m-ransom/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by madridguy(m): 9:29am On Feb 23, 2017
Evil people.

7 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by hopeforcharles(m): 9:33am On Feb 23, 2017
Crime rate in Nigeria is going up oh.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by Chikelue2000(m): 9:50am On Feb 23, 2017
D penalty for Kidnapping should be death by firing squad. Dis idiots won't stop until they see a treat to dia lives

16 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by MosakuAW(m): 1:15pm On Feb 23, 2017
Am happy some state are creating death penalty laws for kidnapper.

What is the federal government waiting for?

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by freeborn76(m): 1:15pm On Feb 23, 2017
This is one of the reasons some of us who live abroad are scared of visiting home; even your so-called relatives, friends and/or neighbours can organise kidnappers for you. I have said this before, DEATH PENALTY FOR KIDNAPPERS in all of Nigeria's 36 states...no trial.

17 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by coalcoal1(m): 1:17pm On Feb 23, 2017
very wicked people
Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by eleojo23: 1:17pm On Feb 23, 2017
The suspects also beat the victim to death after collecting N1.1 ransom. The IRT operatives, led by Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP), Abba Kyari, also arrested Sunday Ogbonda (24), who shot a retired Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) several times and still not satisfied, drove a nail into his head to ensure he was dead.

These guys are worse than animals sad

10 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by fuckboys: 1:17pm On Feb 23, 2017
i and my family needs to leave this country ASAP!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by veacea: 1:17pm On Feb 23, 2017
May God keep our teachers
Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by mrgreen4real(m): 1:18pm On Feb 23, 2017
We are parrots.

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by theway83: 1:18pm On Feb 23, 2017
you will hear wiiiii
Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by jesus247alive(m): 1:18pm On Feb 23, 2017
The other lecturer's should take note and treat students right....

Rest in peace.......
Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
I think it is high time Rivers state was split off from the rest of Nigeria......

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by Biggty(m): 1:22pm On Feb 23, 2017
The level of crime related issues in Rivers state is just too much

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by MrGreenMavro: 1:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
angry angry

too bad...Buhari must hear this
Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by Yyeske(m): 1:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
RIP to the lecturer, Rivers of blood and am I surprised? No

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by jiinxed: 1:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
Nigeria Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by rusher14: 1:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
Can you imagine these two skeletons that any able- bodied man would disfigure without much effort kidnapping because they have access to pistols?

Can someone tell me how Amaechi managed violent crime in Rivers state while Wike seems to be faltering.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by kinngie(m): 1:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
I weep for my people cry
Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by Richy4(m): 1:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
WOW!!! So someone with his hard earned money cannot build a house anymore in peace without attracting hooligans...The Goodbook says forgive and pray for someone that wronged u...How can one or the Family forgive this kind of absurdity...It will be too hard.. sad

5 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by Omooniya1: 1:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
No wahala!! the way they kill innocent people... let same apply to them, by beating them to death and drove nail on their fucking head, bastard nigga!!
Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by dustmalik: 1:30pm On Feb 23, 2017
Abba Kyari is really good at this job.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by abelokanlawon: 1:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
GreenMavro:
angry angry

too bad...Buhari must hear this

Go meet am 4 hospital
Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by cezarman(m): 1:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
But what's the reason for killing him after they've collected the money?
Wickedness!

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by ODUBEZE: 1:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
You killed a man who is likely to be the breadwinner of his family because of a duplex he was building

Why nailing him on the head again No no no. There is more to this.

To the dead...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by abelokanlawon: 1:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
I tell u
hopeforcharles:
Crime rate in Nigeria is going up oh.
Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by webincomeplus(m): 1:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
jesus247alive:

Rest in peace.......
Did you read the post? What has attitude to students gotten to do with the lecturer's death? He became their target because they found out that he was building a duplex in a village.

3 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
Prayer to the Almighty before you go out pray that evil minded people will not cast the mind on you.

Meanwhile Abba Kyari is doing a great job. May God protect you as you risk your life to keep our environment save.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by seunlayi(m): 1:39pm On Feb 23, 2017
ok

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by Tokziby: 1:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
Selfie Mode in police custody, see his facial expression grin grin Oloshi somebody Na there u go die, after collecting 700k, u killed the man and collected 400k join.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Beat UNIPORT Lecturer To Death, Collect N1.1m Ransom (Photo) by emmabest2000(m): 1:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
jesus247alive:

Rest in peace.......

Hmmm ...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ghana Policeman Shoots Wife & Kids To Death, Shoots Himself In Ghana: Graphic / Fulani Herdsman Accidentally Stabs Colleague During Robbery Operation . Photos / Gay Pastor Ezuma Chizemdere Attempts To Molest Suspect In Cell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.