Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Why We Must Get Electricity Right - Rocket Science - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Must Get Electricity Right - Rocket Science (424 Views)

Remember When Osinbajo's Favourite Phrase Was "...it's Not Rocket Science"? / "Nigerians Now Enjoy Better Electricity Than In The Past" - Babatunde Fashola. / IPOB Member Buried In Rocket Casket (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Must Get Electricity Right - Rocket Science by ariesbull: 9:29am On Feb 23, 2017
Sometimes, I wonder why the rocket scientist who is , the minister is making electricity generation look like a Mars probe are NASA probe to Jupiter and Uranus. It is now I understand what my dad used to tell me that “talk is cheap” oh, he blamed it on the rascals from the creeks and they have been busy lately blowing pipelines, be it gas,fuel, kerosene, diesel etc, once it is in the pipeline, let it blow. Well, I learnt that when the Abacha ( that man that the dude in London that is sunbathing there said that he ain't corrupt, in short Abacha is the next best thing that happened to mankind after St Anthony of Padua, my patron Saint and Tansi is not even close to him, so our Lord Rahl implied. Maybe the best thing after the discovery of sliced bread) now these fellas from the Niger delta went to Abuja then, this was like decades ago to agitate for their rights, the goggled one in Abuja to them to go back that their help is in the pipeline. This statement was symbolical but unfortunately for us, these boys from the creeks didn’t understand the difference between symbolical, figurative and literal meaning of words, just the Indian cant understand the difference between Garri Ijebu and Garri Igbo… though they we are importing garri and ofe onugbu from India as it stands today. So they went back to creeks and started blowing up pipelines and hoping that their help is in there. Maybe they were correct, it gave us the likes of BoyLoaf, Tompolo, Asari and the newest kid on the block Avangers in collabo with Igbos.

Now, let me go the lawyer cum rocket scientist some free consulting services, he shouldn’t bother to pay. I am a patriot all I want is to be decorated( though people from my side are seen as anything but not patriots) well, I can be labelled anything just that this is my service to humanity. Posterity will judge me, even if it doesn’t, Oh, we don’t each history…. Facebook will remember me.
Lagos, as a state is Littoral (Littoral states are states related to the shore of the sea or a lake) and has a beach which generates enough sea breeze from Badagry to Lekki then to Apapa, we know that tourism is dead and buried in lagos. Area boys won't let us take our families to beaches. So we give up. At least the Rocket Scientist has governed Lagos before, he can put these beaches and Omo Nile boys in good use, the breeze can generate electricity via wind farm and these urchins or rascals will man the facilities. Gentle breeze 8–12 mph ,7–10 knots,3.4–5.5 m/s. Generating electricity is a breeze... when you harness this clean and renewable ... amount necessary to produce 1,000 kilowatt hours (kwh) of electricity. An airborne wind turbine turns sea breezes into electricity.This applies to other states like Ogun, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom. They should forget pipeline blowing, We can use their help there and this gave us their brother Jonathan that ended up messing us up and bequeathing to us a tradition of incomptentency and kleptomaniacs . we have seen that oil is down and even if it is up, we just cannot refine it… so at least let us generate electricity.

Rocket Scientist aka minister of darkness can think of this. I will look at how the North can give us electricity using Sun rays f sunlight I that desert region at least,we can encourage them over there to man the solar pannels rather than manning the IDP camps.
He should also understand that coal in Enugu region can give us a minimum of 100 years uninterrupted power supplies.only,that the folks in Enugu cant mine. Maybe due to exclusive list laws or some errant laws.

Is common sense, common? As we pray that oil rises back again without thinking ways out of the dead end to salvage the dying economy, so are we praying that they stop blowing up pipelines.Offices run generator Making the OPEX (operational expenditure) skyrockets and buying litre of fuel for 145 (PMS) x50 = 7250 x10 = 72500 naira just for 10 days. How can this be sustained in a depressed,recessed and erratic economy.

Yet, the Rocket Scientist isn’t doing these calculations, I am not even talking the domino effects on the economy, environment ( carbon emission,footprints and contributing to global warming)

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Get Electricity Right - Rocket Science by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 23, 2017
Niger Delta militants have stop pipeline vandalism.Yet,we are still have power outages.
Re: Why We Must Get Electricity Right - Rocket Science by Nobody: 11:40am On Feb 23, 2017
Love Machine:
Niger Delta militants have stop pipeline vandalism.Yet,we are still have power outages.
That they stop vandalism doesn't mean electricity will improve over night. If a house is destroyed, you can't build it in one day
Re: Why We Must Get Electricity Right - Rocket Science by djeasy(m): 1:35pm On Feb 23, 2017
Even before they started destroying pipline, NAPA NO DEY GIVE LIGHT.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Dave Umahi Emerges Chairman Of South-east Governors Forun / Fg To Enforce Buying Of Made-in-nigeria Products / Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa - What Is Wrong With The Black Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.