Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,776 members, 7,831,495 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Fg To Enforce Buying Of Made-in-nigeria Products - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg To Enforce Buying Of Made-in-nigeria Products (427 Views)

Order Police IG To Enforce Benue Anti-Open Grazing Law - Reps Tells Buhari / More Trouble For Nnamdi Kanu As President Buhari Moves To Enforce Forfeiture Of / Time To Enforce Laws Banning Smoking In Bars & Restaurants - Minister Of Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg To Enforce Buying Of Made-in-nigeria Products by voiceoftheupcom: 8:02am On Mar 01, 2017
FG TO ENFORCE BUYING OF MADE-IN-NIGERIA PRODUCTS
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/02/fg-to-enforce-buying-of-made-in-nigeria.html

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SAYS IT HAS PUT PLANS IN MOTION TO ENFORCE THE BUYING OF NIGERIA PRODUCTS BY GOVERNMENT AGENCIES.

THE MINISTER OF INFORMATION, CULTURE AND TOURISM, ALHAJI LAI MOHAMMED, SAID THAT THE ACT ESTABLISHING THE BUREAU OF PUBLIC PROCUREMENTS WOULD BE REVIEWED TO ENFORCE THE BUYING OF NIGERIAN PRODUCTS WHICH, WOULD IN TURN, BOOST THE ECONOMY.

MOHAMMED SAID THIS ON MONDAY AT A TOWN HALL MEETING HELD IN UMUAHIA.

HE SAID, “TALKING ABOUT MADE-IN-NIGERIA PRODUCTS, LET ME USE THIS IMPORTANT NATIONAL PLATFORM TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE FEDERAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL HAS ALREADY APPROVED MEASURES TO SENSITISE NIGERIANS TO PATRONISE SUCH PRODUCTS.
“THESE MEASURES INCLUDE THE APPROVAL GIVEN TO THE BUREAU OF PUBLIC PROCUREMENT TO INCREASE THE PATRONAGE OF MADE-IN-NIGERIA GOODS AND SERVICES THROUGH A REVIEW OF ITS ACT.”

Re: Fg To Enforce Buying Of Made-in-nigeria Products by MrMaestro: 8:09am On Mar 01, 2017
It should have happened long ago, but i'm glad its happening now. I wonder how widespread it would go. Innoson will probably see an increase in sales. Glo as well if they plan to expand it to cellular devices.
Re: Fg To Enforce Buying Of Made-in-nigeria Products by peteregwu(m): 8:26am On Mar 01, 2017
Why will I be forced to buy made in Nigeria goods? Bunch of ignorance and imcompetent government.
Re: Fg To Enforce Buying Of Made-in-nigeria Products by Lanretoye(m): 8:36am On Mar 01, 2017
I'm beginning to dislike this man...
Re: Fg To Enforce Buying Of Made-in-nigeria Products by thesicilian: 8:44am On Mar 01, 2017
It is a welcome development. But you don't "enforce" such things, you "encourage." After all we are still in a democracy.

(1) (Reply)

Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa - What Is Wrong With The Black Man? / BREAKING: Court Strikes Out Six Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu, Others / Dangiwa Umar – Osinbajo Making The Change APC Promised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.