Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,440 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Beware Of Fake Facebook Job Vacancies - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Beware Of Fake Facebook Job Vacancies (1004 Views)

This Is The List Of Fake Job Addresses Collated (not Exhaustive). / Beware Of Fake Foreign Agencies That Promise Work Abroad. Disturbing Photos/Vid / Beware Of Fake Customs Recruitment (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Fake Facebook Job Vacancies by oluspicy: 2:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
Dear Nairalanders and Job seekers, I know that it's not that easy to come across a good job in this time of recession. But some fraudsters are using such to inflict more pain and frustration on graduates and job seekers.

It is obvious that some of these fraudsters are now using the popular Facebook to advertise their fake and non-existing job.

Just some weeks ago, I came across one of this fake job opportunities and quickly debunked it after doing some background check on it.

But not quite long, a friend of mine who has been in search for job came across one of it and applied. According to her, she applied and an interview invite was sent to her. She and a friend went for the interview and what they experienced was a different one.

As she recounted their experience, over hundred people have already registered their details in the register book when they got there. Some of them came all the from the Eastern part and neighbouring states. She became suspicious about the activities going on in that place. Then she began to take pictures. Later on, an argument started and they were asked to delete the pictures or forfeit the phone used. They were not allowed to go in and later turned back because they've been tagged as bad market for the scammed job interview.

But she was able to keep a picture as an evidence.

Kindly let us ensure to expose these scammers in our neighbourhood.

God will surely answer our calls soonest.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Fake Facebook Job Vacancies by ammyluv2002(f): 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2017
Jeez! I'm speechless
Re: Beware Of Fake Facebook Job Vacancies by Beautycj(f): 9:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
oluspicy:
Dear Nairalanders and Job seekers, I know that it's not that easy to come across a good job in this time of recession. But some fraudsters are using such to inflict more pain and frustration on graduates and job seekers.

It is obvious that some of these fraudsters are now using the popular Facebook to advertise their fake and non-existing job.

Just some weeks ago, I came across one of this fake job opportunities and quickly debunked it after doing some background check on it.

But not quite long, a friend of mine who has been in search for job came across one of it and applied. According to her, she applied and an interview invite was sent to her. She and a friend went for the interview and what they experienced was a different one.

As she recounted their experience, over hundred people have already registered their details in the register book when they got there. Some of them came all the from the Eastern part and neighbouring states. She became suspicious about the activities going on in that place. Then she began to take pictures. Later on, an argument started and they were asked to delete the pictures or forfeit the phone used. They were not allowed to go in and later turned back because they've been tagged as bad market for the scammed job interview.

But she was able to keep a picture as an evidence.

Kindly let us ensure to expose these scammers in our neighbourhood.

God will surely answer our calls soonest.
I was a victim,what they do is vocational training but they use the job advert to lure people into joining them.
Re: Beware Of Fake Facebook Job Vacancies by Janeyinspires(f): 9:29am On Mar 01, 2017
Look well before you leap.Tnx for sharing,Oluspicy
Re: Beware Of Fake Facebook Job Vacancies by Iseoluwani: 10:40am On Mar 01, 2017
Re: Beware Of Fake Facebook Job Vacancies by oluspicy: 11:49am On Mar 01, 2017
Janeyinspires:
Look well before you leap.Tnx for sharing,Oluspicy

You're welcome dear Janeyinspires.

(1) (Reply)

FREE Oracle Training For Unemployed Graduates And Final Year Students / Ongoing Job Opportunities Apply / Urgent Job Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.