Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,796 members, 7,802,541 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) (51915 Views)

Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! / Dino Melaye's Constituents Protest To INEC Office, Demand His Recall (Photos) / "I Stand With Buhari" Protest To Hold Alongside 2face's Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by dre11(m): 8:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
.............Customs, bring back our rice

Kunle Olayeni

With chants of “bring back our rice,” scores of traders at the Sango-Ota Market Thursday appealed to the Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, to help retrieve their seized bags of rice from the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS).

Some of the aggrieved traders, who stripped naked, mounted a human blockade at the main entrance of the Governor’s Office, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, demanding his immediate intervention.

Customs operatives from the Federal Operations Unit, Ikeja, Lagos had in the early hours of Wednesday raided the Sango-Ota market, carting away thousands of bags of rice and jerry cans of vegetable oil.

Miffed by the seizure, which they described as “injustice,” hundreds of rice sellers and youths barricaded the Abeokuta-Lagos Expressway in protest and paralysed traffic and commercial activities for about 14 hours.

Some of the traders, under the aegis of Sango Marketers Association, stormed Amosun’s office Thursday and called for his intervention over the alleged invasion by the Customs men.

They were armed with placards bearing different inscriptions such as “Customs bring back our rice;” and “Our rights are being trampled upon by Customs officers of FOU, Ikeja,” among others.

The rice sellers, who were led by their coordinator, Alhaja Wakilat Salako, said some of the affected traders have been hospitalised due to the huge losses suffered from the raid.

Salako said 4,200 bags of rice were taken away by the law enforcement agents contrary to earlier reports that 18,000 bags were carted away.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/crime/metro/customs-bring-back-rice/

4 Likes

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by chriskosherbal(m): 8:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
Like seriously.....am short of words here.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by greatgod2012(f): 8:05pm On Feb 23, 2017
Strip unclad kwa lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Amosun eyes don see saw today!!

Abeg, bring back their rice o!

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by anibi9674: 8:06pm On Feb 23, 2017
abeg make dem give them back their rice. una want make hungry kill us the more.

29 Likes

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by sekundosekundo: 8:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
Why Was their rice seized?

18 Likes

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Ishilove: 8:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
The sheer wickedness is mindboggling. I am yet to find the justification for this commando style thievery.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Epositive(m): 8:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
sekundosekundo:

next time, read before you comment. i'm just joking ni o. everywhere just dey boring

#positivevibes

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
My question is these so called customs allow these traders to pass idiroko- seme border easily by collecting the bribe from them. Last time i passed thru idiroko border, late last yr,I saw a lot of customs and military vehicles buying and loading rice at the other side of benin republic without sweating, (people that are familiar with that road can bear me witness) they will still come and sell it to stores and shops, and later come and re-carry it in the name of contraband.
Go to ota - idiroko road at mid night, you will see loads of cargo trucks, ready to dispatch their goods . Who passed them? Some with even Benin republic numbers, Where are they going to? what are they carrying?
If you happen to be at the winners chapel HQ around 1 am, same people everywhere. Those traders are just victim of circumstances and their own ignorance by allowing these officers to use them and dump them.
Useless people that cant stop indians from importing indian garri until it got to stores because of their so called greed. Nigerian forces need a long way to go. As someone said earlier, that some of their officer might need huge rice to replace the one they stole from IDP camps.

I wont be surprised if we soon see CHINA BOLI , SOUTH AFRICAN SUYA or LEBANESE KUNU in shoprite and spar supermarts.

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by doctokwus: 9:50pm On Feb 23, 2017
Buhari has not learnt from his archaic economic measures of d military era.
Its all these banning and forceful seizure of legitimately bought goods that has led us to this sorry pass.
I always ask:if Nigeria is producing enough rice as claimed with no duty paid,how come imported rice with d hefty duties paid,cost of sea transport,losses at sea,etc,but it still costs almost same with rice planted,harvested and processed inside Nigeria!
I wud rather eat imported rice,that tastes better,has passed thru some safety standards,stays longer after cooking and comes out better when cooked at occasions, if i av to pay same price to purchase it,as with local rice.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by ItzHoludex(m): 10:22pm On Feb 23, 2017
taking from d poor

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by EWAagoyin(m): 10:22pm On Feb 23, 2017
eyesore
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Benjom(m): 10:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
It is well with our dear nation.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Talk2Bella(f): 10:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
they do it in Lagos all the time
that's how my step dad became a stay at home dad because of these customs
I feel for the man day and night
thank God for farming

11 Likes

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Chidex2442(m): 10:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
Them no dey nakked Na........ Ppl wen still wear bra..... Na unclothedness b that? But give them their rice sha
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Morhziez(m): 10:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
person mama

1 Like

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by SmartMugu: 10:24pm On Feb 23, 2017
I already know its some corrupt people driving this mass. What happened to eating locally-produced rice? Customs only interfere with imported products, not locally produced ones. Our people, certain things only require common sense. We have all it takes to serve our local rice needs. These ones parading naked are paid to do so.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Flexherbal(m): 10:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
E don set

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by DonHummer(m): 10:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
Thank God for democracy

1 Like

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by ifycent2: 10:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
I think dat custom....

They ar de highest Criminal I never see....
Dey corner my guy *car...
ship from Uk to Nig...

The car still missing till now via Nig Custom....

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by ifycent20: 10:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
kiss

1 Like

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Jabioro: 10:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
Who are to be blamed, those Corp, the custom officers that permit the passages of those goods into the country..

1 Like

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by sandraanakebe(f): 10:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
Pls give them back their rice ohhhh
#Team bring back our rice

1 Like

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by serverconnect(m): 10:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
too bad. naija custom are too greedy, they will meet their waterloo one day.

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Nellybank(m): 10:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
Where is d unclad? E remain small I for say God purnish fake news journalists but for noe god damage NL
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Segadem(m): 10:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
sekundosekundo:
...because rice is essential commodity in most Nigeria's dinnig table cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by ekeroyal(m): 10:29pm On Feb 23, 2017
brace up for sharp increase in the price of rice.

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by lastpage: 10:30pm On Feb 23, 2017
greatgod2012:
Strip unclad kwa lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Amosun eyes don see saw today!!

Abeg, bring back their rice o!

Customs Service is a Federal Institution!
Amosun's Power does not extend beyond STATE Agencies, he cant do jack about Customs.

What they should do is send a strong Petition to the National Assembly (those ones will be happy to get their pound of flesh from anyone appointed by Buhari grin ) and ask the NASS to summon the Customs Controller General, to explain which law they have broken and how this seizures are legal and lawful.

But l just wonder how those women imported those foreign Rice into the country.... with the same Customs Officers manning the Idiroko Border?

#CORRUPTION loading.......
undecided

Lastpage!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles / Man Who Praised Buhari In A Salon In Benin Gets A Hug / Photo Of Kwankwaso And Peter Obi Having A Good Laugh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.