Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) (51922 Views)

Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! / Dino Melaye's Constituents Protest To INEC Office, Demand His Recall (Photos) / "I Stand With Buhari" Protest To Hold Alongside 2face's Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
[quote author=Talk2Bella post=53999875]they do it in Lagos all the time

that's how my step dad became a stay at home dad because of these customs

I feel for the man day and night

thank God for farming [/quote

Stay home dad. What type of qualification is that?
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 23, 2017
priceaction:
My question is these so called customs allow these traders to pass idiroko- seme border easily by collecting the bribe from them. Last time i passed thru idiroko border, late last yr,I saw a lot of customs and military vehicles buying and loading rice at the other side of benin republic without sweating, (people that are familiar with that road can bear me witness) they will still come and sell it to stores and shops, and later come and re-carry it in the name of contraband.
Go to ota - idiroko road at mid night, you will see loads of cargo trucks, ready to dispatch their goods . Who passed them? Some with even Benin republic numbers, Where are they going to? what are they carrying?
If you happen to be at the winners chapel HQ around 1 am, same people everywhere. Those traders are just victim of circumstances and their own ignorance by allowing these officers to use them and dump them.
Useless people that cant stop indians from importing indian garri until it got to stores because of their so called greed. Nigerian forces need a long way to go. As someone said earlier, that some of their officer might need huge rice to replace the one they stole from IDP camps.

I wont be surprised if we soon see CHINA BOLI , SOUTH AFRICAN SUYA or LEBANESE KUNU in shoprite and spar supermarts.

I work at that border route, dear it's mind blowing knowing the quantity of rice imported daily by these guys, and they were all passed by same custom officers after collecting bribe.
I even went to that idiroko border and drove into Nigeria without anyone checking my trunk.
These women should be responsible, buy naija to grow naija dem no gree.
I am not in support, but daily these women spend NLT #150m on that border alone.
They call it "firework"

1 Like

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
The customs are right, my people these rice that they sale are worst than sh*t, they are all expired and they have a plant/silo where they use for storage mixing stallion and caprice etc.
When I saw how they handled the rice, I decided to eat just local rice.
These things are poison.
Fact: if the rice is expired, then they would change the bags and retain the contents. It's an eye saw
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by bossrillboss: 10:49pm On Feb 23, 2017
SmartMugu:
I already know its some corrupt people driving this mass. What happened to eating locally-produced rice? Customs only interfere with imported products, not locally produced ones. Our people, certain things only require common sense. We have all it takes to serve our local rice needs. These ones parading naked are paid to do so.
..guy shutup if u dnt av anything beta to say joor...

1 Like

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by kenyad: 11:03pm On Feb 23, 2017
priceaction:
My question is these so called customs allow these traders to pass idiroko- seme border easily by collecting the bribe from them. Last time i passed thru idiroko border, late last yr,I saw a lot of customs and military vehicles buying and loading rice at the other side of benin republic without sweating, (people that are familiar with that road can bear me witness) they will still come and sell it to stores and shops, and later come and re-carry it in the name of contraband.
Go to ota - idiroko road at mid night, you will see loads of cargo trucks, ready to dispatch their goods . Who passed them? Some with even Benin republic numbers, Where are they going to? what are they carrying?
If you happen to be at the winners chapel HQ around 1 am, same people everywhere. Those traders are just victim of circumstances and their own ignorance by allowing these officers to use them and dump them.
Useless people that cant stop indians from importing indian garri until it got to stores because of their so called greed. Nigerian forces need a long way to go. As someone said earlier, that some of their officer might need huge rice to replace the one they stole from IDP camps.

I wont be surprised if we soon see CHINA BOLI , SOUTH AFRICAN SUYA or LEBANESE KUNU in shoprite and spar supermarts.
I'm tired of this my country, nothing is working. All agencies of government had failed in exercising their constitutional and statutory obligations. I had concluded that greed, which bred corruption had killed Nigeria cause civil service is dead of corruption. Things and situations are too bad.......... everywhere and in every market what you see is India, Thailand rice, how did they get here? What's custom officers doing inside a country mounting road blocks? and so on and so forth........... CBN too making stupid policies that don't help forex hence, killing Naira and thereby killing d economy.............. may God help us!!!
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Mosaku147: 11:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]
priceaction:

I wont be surprised if we soon see CHINA BOLI , SOUTH AFRICAN SUYA or LEBANESE KUNU in shoprite and spar
supermarts.
inasmuch as what this customs guys have done is totally wrong considering the fact that these rice in question passed through our borders with the same custom men/women manning them, but does it mean that if a thief steals from you and gets it to the market and you go to that same market for another purpose and somehow identify your property, you don't have the right to call the police because the thief succeeded in taking it out of your home and as such you can't apprehend him even with the marking on your property?
Those bags of rice are contraband and there is no court in Nigeria that will ask NCS to return them period.
I am from Ogun state, the best Amosun can do is to give them money.
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Sunnyja: 11:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
SmartMugu:
I already know its some corrupt people driving this mass. What happened to eating locally-produced rice? Customs only interfere with imported products, not locally produced ones. Our people, certain things only require common sense. We have all it takes to serve our local rice needs. These ones parading naked are paid to do so.
Did the rice dropped from the sky?
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by theway83: 11:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
Federal govt and Ogun state should listen to them and talking to customs to releases their are rice for them,because most of are used loans to trade
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by theway83: 11:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
Federal govt and Ogun state should listen to them and talking to customs to releases their are rice for them,because most of are used loans to trade.Omo Ogun ise ya. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Enemyofpeace: 11:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
See that woman in white, abeg who get Vaseline?
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by mindtricks: 11:42pm On Feb 23, 2017
Please let the oppression and suffering continue, until it gets to the level where virtually everyone on the street becomes radicalized such that govt can no longer take citizens for granted.

2 Likes

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Smoke080: 11:48pm On Feb 23, 2017
hmmmmm
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by obomobo: 12:09am On Feb 24, 2017
I see corruption everywhere
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by dokyOloye: 12:19am On Feb 24, 2017
SmartMugu:
We have not achieved self sufficiency in d production of local rice.An average quality 50kg bag of my dear Abakaliki rice sells for at least 16k,then add transport and other logistics.
The best quality goes for abt 20 to 22k.
But sha,I man never buy any frigging foreign rice in d last 17 yrs I started living on my own.
The aroma/taste alone is enuf incentive to go local.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by rafcrown(m): 12:35am On Feb 24, 2017
GIVE THEM THEIR BAGS OF RICE.GO INSIDE COOKING POTS TO SEIZE GRAINS OF RICE.
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by tammie24: 1:19am On Feb 24, 2017
How about the northern rice merchants

They should also seize rice from them too o!

They plenty for Abuja!
Even Kaduna
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Emanodimo(m): 1:36am On Feb 24, 2017
adamx237:
shocked

Hello Bro, it is the mtn promo real like seriously?....
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by vigasimple(m): 1:47am On Feb 24, 2017
3 quick questions,

What would happen if this 'act of burglary" where to happen during GEJ administration ?

Secondly, why did the customs came in the middle of the night like a lawless thieves ?

And lastly, how did those goods makes its way into the country with all the custom and police checkpoint?

1 Like

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by SmartMugu: 2:07am On Feb 24, 2017
bossrillboss:
..guy shutup if u dnt av anything beta to say joor...
Why are you abusing me on my comment? Was anything I said offensive to you?

1 Like

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by jamjam1991(m): 2:26am On Feb 24, 2017
lol... rice shotage in asorock... biko give them bck that rice
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by breakeven: 2:34am On Feb 24, 2017
The custom have a sadist and fundamentalist as their leader now, what do you expect from them but to inflict undecided pain on innocent people.
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by 4tune490(m): 2:39am On Feb 24, 2017
You r a confuse fellow. We r whr we r today because we have ppl wit your mentality at the top, But Nigeria will be great again n our home products will be appreciated.

doctokwus:
Buhari has not learnt from his archaic economic measures of d military era.
Its all these banning and forceful seizure of legitimately bought goods that has led us to this sorry pass.
I always ask:if Nigeria is producing enough rice as claimed with no duty paid,how come imported rice with d hefty duties paid,cost of sea transport,losses at sea,etc,but it still costs almost same with rice planted,harvested and processed inside Nigeria!
I wud rather eat imported rice,that tastes better,has passed thru some safety standards,stays longer after cooking and comes out better when cooked at occasions, if i av to pay same price to purchase it,as with local rice.

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by grandstar(m): 3:09am On Feb 24, 2017
SmartMugu:

Nigeria has no comparstive advantage in producing rice hence the high cost of production vis a vis Thailand,Vietnam and India. It is much cheaper to import than to grow it here.

Countries do best when they focus on where they have comparative advantage. You dont shine at something you suck at.

Nigeria has comparative advantage in cocoa,cashew,cassava,plaintains etc.

Cssssva if properly exploited can supply probably all the forex needs to import other foods.

4 Likes

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by grandstar(m): 3:15am On Feb 24, 2017
sunshyne20:
The customs are right, my people these rice that they sale are worst than sh*t, they are all expired and they have a plant/silo where they use for storage mixing stallion and caprice etc.
When I saw how they handled the rice, I decided to eat just local rice.
These things are poison.
Fact: if the rice is expired, then they would change the bags and retain the contents. It's an eye saw

The import duty on rice is punitive so that Nigerian rice can compete againt rice from countries that comparative advantage in it which are India,Thailand and Vietnam where its cheap to produce.

If duties can come down to reasonable levels, a lot of nefarious activities will stop.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by SmartMugu: 3:18am On Feb 24, 2017
grandstar:

Nigeria has no comparstive advantage in producing rice hence the high cost of production vis a vis Thailand,Vietnam and India. It is much cheaper to import than to grow it here.

Countries do best when they focus on where they have comparative advantage. You dont shine at something you suck at.

Nigeria has comparative advantage in cocoa,cashew,cassava,plaintains etc.

Cssssva if properly exploited can supply probably all the forex needs to import other foods.
Oh got it. Thanks for the explanation.
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Nobody: 4:39am On Feb 24, 2017
doctokwus:
Its all these banning and forceful seizure of legitimately bought goods that has led us to this sorry pass.
I always ask:if Nigeria is producing enough rice as claimed with no duty paid,how come imported rice with d hefty duties paid,cost of sea transport,losses at sea,etc,but it still costs almost same with rice planted,harvested and processed inside Nigeria!
I wud rather eat imported rice,that tastes better,has passed thru some safety standards,stays longer after cooking and comes out better when cooked at occasions, if i av to pay same price to purchase it,as with local rice.

Spot On
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by islandmoon: 5:05am On Feb 24, 2017
probably, some officers who were not part of the deal got angry for been side lined , most custom wife now deal on rice and turkey business!

and its the custom officials they usually give this same smugglers time to pass in the midnight, they will say, you are to pass between 1 to 2 A:M
they will collect bribe, and share it with their colleague from the FOU patrol unit, anytime they didn't share with the Federal operation Unit, the importer suffers it! that is the game, they should be throughout investigated.

Nigerian custom officers are the richest! richer than politicians! very coded
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Caveatemptor(m): 5:28am On Feb 24, 2017
Ishilove:
The sheer wickedness is mindboggling. I am yet to find the justification for this commando style thievery.

Are you justifying economic sabotage?
The government in its wisdom said no bags of rice should be imported through the land borders. These women went ahead and broke the law.
I doubt if you know Ado Odo local government area of Ogun State very well. Smuggling is a thriving business in that community and it is carried out blatantly.
Smuggling is carried out with impunity in that area because of the various creeks and rivers Cris's crossing the area. Security agencies fear the volatile nature of the people in that area.
Do your investigation. Almost all indigienes in that local government are into smuggling of rice and vegetable oil in one form or another including their traditional rulers. You can quote me on this.
In that local government you can go missing if you speak against smuggling. No security agency ventures into that area.
The customs did the right thing in going there in the night or else there would have been a blood bath.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Solozzo(m): 5:28am On Feb 24, 2017
doctokwus:

Yes, looks easier to import rice than to produce locally. But we waste a lot of foreign exchange -almost two billion dollars a month to import rice. Especially in recession time. Local production of rice saves forex, create jobs and boost the economy. Without banning imports, our local rice producers will be outcompeted by foreign imports and never grow. Nigerians pls learn to be patriotic.

1 Like

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by doctokwus: 5:37am On Feb 24, 2017
4tune490:
You r a confuse fellow. We r whr we r today because we have ppl wit your mentality at the top, But Nigeria will be great again n our home products will be appreciated.

Rather,we are where we are today because of d greed,and stupi dity of your type.
U dont pay import duty,u dont incur any huge shipping cost,u av advantage of d laws of economies on your side,yet u sell products that are fractions of d cost of imported ones,at d same price.
Add myopia to your utter stu pidity and u av d reason why dis nation,peopled with thoughtless fellows at d top,wud remain at d bottom:u like think we shud eat what we grow,and that ends there.Contented with Nigerians alone buying our products at inflated cost,no plan of export.That is why u cant compete outside because if rice for eg where to be exported,u av to sell at about 1/3 of d inflated cost its sold here,after incurring additional cost for improved processing and packaging.
U wud sell to outsiders cheaper,just to compete,but reap off your fellow country and want to force me to indulge and patronize your greed.U must be an mpi.
So buffoon btw us both,who is more wicked,foolish and greedy?
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Nobody: 5:45am On Feb 24, 2017
Flexherbal:
E don set
lol wetin set? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Who Praised Buhari In A Salon In Benin Gets A Hug / Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN / Gallant Happy Soldiers Cook With Stones In The Jungle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.