Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) (51924 Views)

Ogun Rice: Pyramid of Deciets! / Dino Melaye's Constituents Protest To INEC Office, Demand His Recall (Photos) / "I Stand With Buhari" Protest To Hold Alongside 2face's Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Toks2008(m): 5:45am On Feb 24, 2017
Ishilove:
The sheer wickedness is mindboggling. I am yet to find the justification for this commando style thievery.

The custom service needs serious restructuring.

You may find it hard to believe that these bags of Tice came in through idiroko border while this same custom allowed it after being bribed by the smugglers.

So why go into people's stores to carry the same bags same custom service allowed in?

They Also need to go into people's homes to start seizing bags of rice or better still carry the ones in our pots.

Foolish and clueless customs.
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by smoooty11: 6:03am On Feb 24, 2017
Na wah hmmm
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Jermat20(m): 6:28am On Feb 24, 2017
This customs are mad so it's only rice that they could see while animations are coming into the country everyday.
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by kosisokosi48(m): 6:56am On Feb 24, 2017
Bring back the rice or ?...........

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by WOCKHARDI(m): 7:01am On Feb 24, 2017
Until I see where the seized rice will end up, I reserve my comment. Is it the lagoon, incinerator or the IDP Camps .
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by breezeng: 7:05am On Feb 24, 2017
This Government is useless. Have we produced enough rice locally that will meet our local consumption. If no. Why is the Government banning the importation of rice. This is share wickedness
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Mrjo(m): 7:09am On Feb 24, 2017
doctokwus:
Buhari has not learnt from his archaic economic measures of d military era.
Its all these banning and forceful seizure of legitimately bought goods that has led us to this sorry pass.
I always ask:if Nigeria is producing enough rice as claimed with no duty paid,how come imported rice with d hefty duties paid,cost of sea transport,losses at sea,etc,but it still costs almost same with rice planted,harvested and processed inside Nigeria!
I wud rather eat imported rice,that tastes better,has passed thru some safety standards,stays longer after cooking and comes out better when cooked at occasions, if i av to pay same price to purchase it,as with local rice.
bro ur head dey there, even cheaper than our local rice and better. I have told them if we hav as they claim nobody will cross border.
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Olu317(m): 7:13am On Feb 24, 2017
sunshyne20:

I work at that border route, dear it's mind blowing knowing the quantity of rice imported daily by these guys, and they were all passed by same custom officers after collecting bribe.
I even went to that idiroko border and drove into Nigeria without anyone checking my trunk.
These women should be responsible, buy naija to grow naija dem no gree.
I am not in support, but daily these women spend NLT #150m on that border alone.
They call it "firework"
I disagree on this issue for truth and fairness sake. The first question you as individual need ask yourself is; why were Nigerians not forced to love Nigeria's musicians? The answers aren't farfetched because when you start producing something close to original and seen as a suitable alternative, people naturally follow such direction. Even you seeing the locally made rice and in comparison with the foreign rice will never dare go after Nigerian rice because to large extent, they are not properly produced from consumer's perspective . The point here is that, if rice production and treatment to near south East Asia's standard then be rest assured that Nigerians in the business of rice importation will gradually stop. Despite the discriminatory attitudes of Religious People against alcoholic drinks, it still sells in geometric way and they are largely locally made of near world or let affirm here as world standard. Yet the largest percentage of Nigerians drinking alcoholic drinks drink BEER despite drinking locally made gin consumption. What about 1000+1 mini herbal drinks made of local gin that you find every one or two (1 or 2) drive or walking distance? The reality is that Nigerian government don't have concrete plan for Nigeria's citizens survivals. So therefore, people look for means of livelihood at all cost. It is a survivors series...
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Zubbycol: 7:22am On Feb 24, 2017
ustoms Service is a Federal Institution!
Amosun's Power does not extend beyond STATE Agencies, he cant do jack about Customs.
What they should do is send a strong Petition to the National Assembly (those ones will be happy to get their pound of flesh from anyone appointed by Buhari ) and ask the NASS to summon the Customs Controller General, to explain which law they have broken and how this seizures are legal and lawful.
But l just wonder how those women imported those foreign Rice into the country.... with the same Customs Officers manning the Idiroko Border?
#CORRUPTION loading.......

They should just forward match to National Assembly immediately before the18,000 bags of rice become 2,000 bags. Those custom officers should explain the source of the rice they enjoy with their families daily. thieving thief's
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Wizzyblack3(m): 7:23am On Feb 24, 2017
SmartMugu:
I already know its some corrupt people driving this mass. What happened to eating locally-produced rice? Customs only interfere with imported products, not locally produced ones. Our people, certain things only require common sense. We have all it takes to serve our local rice needs. [s]These ones parading naked are paid to do so.[/s]
* SmartMugu but you ain't smart at all. You're too dull.
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by plainol(m): 7:24am On Feb 24, 2017
Customs might start bungling into people's house looking for rice. I fear for my house.

That was the most foolish "sting operation" nee BULGLARY /ARMED ROBBERY I have ever heard in my life.
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by oweman: 7:30am On Feb 24, 2017
I would have love they demonstrate completely naked not what is in this picture by the way is the OP dreaming saying this one unclad !
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by kowa1(m): 7:39am On Feb 24, 2017
If like niked una self completely noting go happene.Damagers.
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by go4success(f): 7:45am On Feb 24, 2017
The biggest rice store in my area is now filled with cartons of indomie noodles. The woman stopped the rice business when customs officers almost made her sink into generational debt.
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by olash: 7:46am On Feb 24, 2017
doctokwus:
Its all these banning and forceful seizure of legitimately bought goods that has led us to this sorry pass.
I always ask:if Nigeria is producing enough rice as claimed with no duty paid,how come imported rice with d hefty duties paid,cost of sea transport,losses at sea,etc,but it still costs almost same with rice planted,harvested and processed inside Nigeria!
I wud rather eat imported rice,that tastes better,has passed thru some safety standards,stays longer after cooking and comes out better when cooked at occasions, if i av to pay same price to purchase it,as with local rice.

Where is ur brain, how can u talk like this. So ee should continue to import rice, maize, palm oil, garri.
Jesus Christ
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by jide219(m): 7:56am On Feb 24, 2017
Person mama
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by heysquare(m): 8:41am On Feb 24, 2017
doctokwus:

this got nothing to do wt Buhari its a smuggling issue which I believe u av no knowledge of. dey smuggled good through a river infact dey also cross vehicles through river. its smth I witnessed myself in my hometown. no duties being paid on t and Smtimes dey engage wt customs in shooting. pls lets support buy nigeria grow nigeria.
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by 4tune490(m): 8:44am On Feb 24, 2017
my brother I can't help your grievance. I can see you r ready to cavil at all cost, But I have decided to be smart in dealing with your type as you r long gone from redemption, Any further attempt to savage your long gone patriotism will result to more calamity on my side.

Note: I learnt that wrestling with a pig will get me dirty n pig like dirts, I Don't. grin grin

doctokwus:

Rather,we are where we are today because of d greed,and stupi dity of your type.
U dont pay import duty,u dont incur any huge shipping cost,u av advantage of d laws of economies on your side,yet u sell products that are fractions of d cost of imported ones,at d same price.
Add myopia to your utter stu pidity and u av d reason why dis nation,peopled with thoughtless fellows at d top,wud remain at d bottom:u like think we shud eat what we grow,and that ends there.Contented with Nigerians alone buying our products at inflated cost,no plan of export.That is why u cant compete outside because if rice for eg where to be exported,u av to sell at about 1/3 of d inflated cost its sold here,after incurring additional cost for improved processing and packaging.
U wud sell to outsiders cheaper,just to compete,but reap off your fellow country and want to force me to indulge and patronize your greed.U must be an mpi.
So buffoon btw us both,who is more wicked,foolish and greedy?

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by owunabastard: 9:09am On Feb 24, 2017
Wicked customs, that is what they know how to do best. Nigeria has a long way to eradicate corruption.
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by baysol: 9:17am On Feb 24, 2017
sekundosekundo:
Why Was their rice seized?

Oga on top wan chop na.
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by ERockson: 9:22am On Feb 24, 2017
Northern led Nigeria custom is so desperate to feed his people at Northern IDP camps. This is desperation on part of custom to destroy the southern business. How did custom allow the rice in the first place to enter the country. National assembly should as a matter of urgency call Controller general of custom to order
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by Alwayson: 9:24am On Feb 24, 2017
custom release the rice na

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by phemmie06(m): 9:32am On Feb 24, 2017
sekundosekundo:
Why Was their rice seized?
Their rice was not seized but stolen from their shops late in the night by one of the APC watch dogs, I guess one of the APC chieftain was given contact to feed the IDP, that was the secret behind the stolen of the rice
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by sekundosekundo: 10:00am On Feb 24, 2017
phemmie06:

Their rice was not seized but stolen from their shops late in the night by one of the APC watch dogs, I guess one of the APC chieftain was given contact to feed the IDP, that was the secret behind the stolen of the rice

Let me confirm from Sarrki my friend.
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by nizetee: 10:01am On Feb 24, 2017
Na their way. angry angry

Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by sarrki(m): 10:15am On Feb 24, 2017
sekundosekundo:

Let me confirm from Sarrki my friend.

I sight you my brother
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by sekundosekundo: 10:17am On Feb 24, 2017
sarrki:

I sight you my brother

How is Mr President?.
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by sarrki(m): 10:25am On Feb 24, 2017
sekundosekundo:

How is Mr President?.

He's fine
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by blont(m): 10:56am On Feb 24, 2017
Chidex2442:
Them no dey nakked Na........
Ppl wen still wear bra..... Na unclothedness b that?
But give them their rice sha
what were you expecting to see, aunt cossy's boobs? anyhow, give them their rice.
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by poiZon: 11:06am On Feb 24, 2017
SmartMugu:
I already know its some corrupt people driving this mass. What happened to eating locally-produced rice? Customs only interfere with imported products, not locally produced ones. Our people, certain things only require common sense. We have all it takes to serve our local rice needs. These ones parading naked are paid to do so.
bobo how d rice take pass seme?
Customs no dey dat border again?

This is absurd n it shud be condemned in totality.

Abi these govnors or presidency na local rice u think they eat?
Re: Protesting Ogun Rice Traders Strip Unclad, Take Protest To Amosun (Photo) by alaskido(m): 12:10pm On Feb 24, 2017
These customs officers no get work. Them leave the borders where they allow the rice to enter after collecting their bribe money and then come to disturb the market women who buy these rice to sell in the open retail market.

If you travel from Lagos to PHC, the only thing customs and police will ask you when they stop you is " OGA, YOU CARRY RICE". Make DEVIL punish una well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Who Praised Buhari In A Salon In Benin Gets A Hug / Naira Redesign: El-Rufai Reveals What Buhari Originally Approved For CBN / Gallant Happy Soldiers Cook With Stones In The Jungle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.