Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,917 members, 7,835,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Beautiful Calabar In Pictures - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures (121697 Views)

Lagos-ibadan Expressway Gridlock In Pictures / The Beautiful Calabar Marina! Add To Your List Of Places To Visit This Year. / Banana Island In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by sayso: 11:58am On Dec 14, 2009
beautiful
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Hercules75(m): 12:07pm On Dec 14, 2009
Na WAH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!, Even Mallam dey claim say he come from CALABAR.
Well, nice place to be fpor holiday, Kudos to DUKE
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by malaika(f): 12:44pm On Dec 14, 2009
::
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by ukotmi: 1:16pm On Dec 14, 2009
Was at UNICAL where I grabbed a degree in Economics. Lovely city. Calabar's journey to cleanliness, orderliness and beauty actually started under the administration of Ernest Kizito Attah who awarded contracts to Strabag for the dualisation and construction of several roads as well as big storm drainage systems. Donald Duke took the state capital to another level. He tarred all the "appian" routes in Calabar. If you doubt it, visit Orok Orok junction.
As malabite, I used to find my levels by trekking through the "appian" routes to reach my destination. I have only fond memories of the city.Didn't leave UNICAL empty handed. I picked and married the best Efik babe in my class. Man, I dey enjoy my marriage to the babe. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss.
Calabar na the best place to be jare.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by honeric01(m): 1:31pm On Dec 14, 2009
uhm uhm uhm, calabar ntoro, adidionk and co grin grin grin grin
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 14, 2009
Rivers state Assembly passed a legislation that would put food on the table of her people- The Rivers state micro credit accessibility scheme, as I write, they have begun disbursment. Cross river is busy with the CRS xmas bill that has been passed into law. How sad! The only functional industry is UNICEM. How come we didn't stay back to work after graduation? CALABAR IS FINE BUT HER PEOPLE ARE POOR? Can you be poor and happy? Insecurity is at its all time high. Cultism? Let's leave that for another day. The govt has failed the people. Give the youth access to credit to encourage entrepreneurship. EPZ has failed and now Tinapa? Use our collective resources judicously, our mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters are all suffering. Lastly, where are our oil wells?
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by whitelexi(m): 1:44pm On Dec 14, 2009
Is it just me or did any other guy notice only the chics? grin

Amaka cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by 2tait: 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2009
when is the next carnival.
was thinking of goin to Jamaica, but maybe i will stick to calabar
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Bolustick: 3:00pm On Dec 14, 2009
Gosh, i miss naija oo embarassed cry angry
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by THEAMAKA1: 3:40pm On Dec 14, 2009
whitelexi:

Is it just me or did any other guy notice only the chics? grin

Amaka cheesy cheesy cheesy
LMAO!!
cheesy
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by MUNEER2(m): 3:54pm On Dec 14, 2009
Those were beautiful pix there, i still find it hard to believe those pix were from calabar

, or ist it becose I'm always a Niger Delta chauvinist grin grin grin

I now love Calabar, at least for something wink wink wink
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2009
More to come

Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 14, 2009
more

Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 14, 2009
more

Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 14, 2009
i sometimes think Fashola saw more of Calabar, and tried to implement its design somewhat.
Its a shame Duke never got the credit for this grand, distinctive projects. See what been a PDP candidate could do to you

Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by stede(m): 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2009
welcome development
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by afrikaam(m): 5:59pm On Dec 14, 2009
Lovely.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by honeric01(m): 6:06pm On Dec 14, 2009
i need to see how the mainland looks like. can someone help with pix?
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by janeobi2: 6:13pm On Dec 14, 2009
@ POSTER if the names of the places in the pix is given it will help, nice job shaaa. There are some places in the pix i saw that tripped me but i don't know their names so, how can i locate them?
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Okijajuju1(m): 6:41pm On Dec 14, 2009
Lovely city I must confess, but other than cleanliness and beauty, Calabar has got nothing else.

All these pictures are of TINAPA and OBUDU (The ranch and not the entire town).

I am serving in Calabar and I must confess something, Calabar is the most Over-Hyped city in Nigeria. Calabar Carnival indeed, trust me when I say that you are better off partying in Jamaica than you are in Calabar.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Goddex: 7:23pm On Dec 14, 2009
@Okija Shrine

1) I live in Calabar too

2) I am NOT from Cross River state

3) You have bad belle
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Goddex: 7:32pm On Dec 14, 2009
@aasog

Your second picture is not Calabar
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 14, 2009
It is. At night. A round about not far from Obudu. And I am currently trying to write a page on Calabar and the past and serving governors on Wikipedia. I'm doing all I can as an NIPR student trying to brand the country. I should host a website soon about the daily, weekly and monthly development of the country. Should be ready by February 2010
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 14, 2009
even more

Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by honeric01(m): 9:06pm On Dec 14, 2009
aasog:

even more

please post pix of the mainland, we can't live in these valleys and mountains or are these what make up calabar as a state?
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by asunaobi(m): 9:58pm On Dec 14, 2009
honeric01:

please post pix of the mainland, we can't live in these valleys and mountains or are these what make up calabar as a state?

Which one you dey my brother? Leave this guy alone, he is doing well. He is showing us the beauties of calabar and they are real. Some of us are already planning to relocate.

There is no country or state in the world without shanties.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by honeric01(m): 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2009
asunaobi:

Which one you dey my brother? Leave this guy alone, he is doing well. He is showing us the beauties of calabar and they are real. Some of us are already planning to relocate.

so you want to relocate to obudu ranch or tinapia? where do you want to live in when you relocate? inside the valleys or mountains? undecided

asunaobi:

There is no country or state in the world without shanties.

i am not looking for shanties pix, i just want to see how the normal street looks like. cool
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by asunaobi(m): 10:11pm On Dec 14, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Go to page 1, post by ROSSIKE.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by honeric01(m): 10:14pm On Dec 14, 2009
asunaobi:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Go to page 1, post by ROSSIKE.

that's the tinapia and the ranch, not the normal streets where (the main place people live in)
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Ndipe(m): 11:07pm On Dec 14, 2009
Nice. I grew up in Calabar.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 15, 2009
honeric01, not sure what you're talking about.  Or what you mean by saying the pics feature only Tinapia and Obudu ranch (a clear falsehood), or by saying we should post ''normal streets''. Posting images of a city is not meant to be a boring parade of ''normal streets'', but rather, an exploration of the highlights, landmarks, major thoroughfares, and attractions of the city.
Re: Beautiful Calabar In Pictures by honeric01(m): 1:12am On Dec 15, 2009
ROSSIKE:

honeric01, not sure what you're talking about.  Or what you mean by saying the pics include only Tinapia and Obudu ranch (a clear falsehood), or by saying we should post ''normal streets''. Posting images of a city is not meant to be a boring parade of ''normal streets'', but rather, an exploration of the highlights, landmarks, major thoroughfares, and attractions of the city.

i like the pix being posted, i was only requesting to see more of the mainland, is that too much at ask? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Man In Canada Shows His COVID19 Lockdown Palliative / 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. / Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.