Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information (122660 Views)

Nigerians Protesting Right Now In Malaysia / Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 02, 2014
Ask me any question about Malaysia and I am here to give you a useful and helpful information starting from Living, Visiting, Education, Business, How Nigerians are Living here, the Nigerian Embassy and other things.........Note: No phone number, No Email address, No contact me and finally just to give you a tip and information about Malaysia. Thats all

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by justwise(m): 11:26am On Jan 02, 2014
allen0000: ASK ME ANY QUESTION ABOUT MALAYSIA AND AM HERE TO ANSWER YOU .............PLEASE NO EMAIL ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER OR CONTACT ME. JUST TO GIVE A USEFUL AND HELPFUL INFORMATION ABOUT MALAYSIA. THATS ALL

Please pay attention to rule 11 and edit your post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by overdrive(m): 11:27am On Jan 02, 2014
Do u reside there,I want to know details of one kenneth that died nov/dec last year. Thanks.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by feeekey(f): 11:31am On Jan 02, 2014
How can an archi grad (Hnd) get a job der .pls state how he can process his travellin frm naija nd d bills I mean d expenses he's gonn incur frm a to z thanx
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 02, 2014
I dont discuss about the dead and please let the dead rest in peace and about securing a job here in Malaysia, If you want to work here in Malaysia, It is better you search for a company then apply from Nigeria. There is no job here for Nigerians but if God is on your side you can get a job but first you have to graduate from a University here in Malaysia then prove that you're the best among others. Celcom is recruiting but not that sure......

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by silvaspecs: 11:39am On Jan 02, 2014
I am a graduate of Electrical &Computer Engr'g deeply into ICT. I am married n my wife's also a graduate. No baby (yet) we are considering relocation to canada. we have an average income. how possibly would this work out? thanks sir!
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 02, 2014
overdrive: Do u reside there,I want to know details of one kenneth that died nov/dec last year. Thanks.

Yes I am living here with my family, wife and son
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 02, 2014
silvaspecs: I am a graduate of Electrical &Computer Engr'g deeply into ICT. I am married n my wife's also a graduate. No baby (yet) we are considering relocation to canada. we have an average income. how possibly would this work out? thanks sir!

@ Silvaspecs
Malaysian Universities are much good in E.E and Computer Engineering, Anything Information Technology, count Malaysia. It is better you relocate to Canada than spending money coming to Malaysia to search for a job
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 02, 2014
justwise:
Please pay attention to rule 11 and edit your post

Thank you and noted
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 02, 2014
feeekey: How can an archi grad (Hnd) get a job der .pls state how he can process his travellin frm naija nd d bills I mean d expenses he's gonn incur frm a to z thanx

Malaysian Architects are more advanced than Africa as a whole, If you are coming here to search for a Job as an Architects, It means you have to start afresh from University. To visit Malaysia Kindly visit Malaysian Embassy Abuja for more information or search for an Agent which will cost you not more than 50k depending on your bargain power but if you go to their Embassy you will not spend more than 10k but you must surely go through an agent. You will be given a 3months Social Visa and when you arrive here Malaysian Immigration will stamped you 2-weeks. Flight Ticket...contact, Qatar, Emirate, Ethihad Ethiopian but the cheapest is Ethiopian.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Ignatism: 2:40pm On Jan 02, 2014
I am an OND holder, I want to travel to Malaysia to start up a degree program but my worries are (1) whether I can get a job as a student (2) whether I can remain in Malaysia after studies.
Please which part of Malaysia is best both for schooling and work?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 02, 2014
Ignatism: I am an OND holder, I want to travel to Malaysia to start up a degree program but my worries are (1) whether I can get a job as a student (2) whether I can remain in Malaysia after studies.

Ignatism: I am an OND holder, I want to travel to Malaysia to start up a degree program but my worries are (1) whether I can get a job as a student (2) whether I can remain in Malaysia after studies.
[color=#006600][/color]
@ Ignatism: I want to assure you that coming here to study is good and you won't regret it. Malaysian educational standard is 100% better than any in Africa including SA, good and nice universities be it foreign ,private universities are much and good likewise government owned universities but while studying here there is no job for students here unless you want to work either in the mall or petrol kiosk but still difficult to find one, maybe ur school can help you secure one but not a good paying job and not like other countries while you will be working and studying. You have to finish your study first and then search for a job but you must prove that your the best to get a high paid job. I have seen most Africans working in Celcom Communication ( telecom company). Kuala Lumpur is best city to study but side attractions are much only if you are not the fun loving type. Yes after ur study you can stay here for 1 year or more but better up with masters as soon as ur through with undergraduate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by azjaponnaisnoir(m): 7:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
Hm malaysia is ok just for studies freinds cheesy job is quiet difficult to find shocked stayed in Radius International Hotel; jalan bukit bintang; lot of malls and cheap electronics; i think it's a country you can make money if you have self business smiley dat all i can say

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 02, 2014
azjaponnaisnoir: Hm malaysia is ok just for studies freinds cheesy job is quiet difficult to find shocked stayed in Radius International Hotel; jalan bukit bintang; lot of malls and cheap electronics; i think it's a country you can make money if you have self business smiley dat all i can say

@azjaponnaisnoir: Bukit Bintang is called Triangular Square where you have Low Yat plaza for phones, computer and laptop accessories. Time Square which is called Berjaya Times Square is a Mall not far from your Hotel. There are also Pavallion, Lot10, Sunga Wangi, BB Plaza and more. Electronics are cheap if you are using it here or will send it back home later but not buying to resell in Nigeria cos you will end up not making much profit cos of Nigerian Love for Chinese product. Example a 32 inches Sony Bravia will cost 800-1000MYR which is 1MYR=50naira, then shipping from Malaysia to Nigeria, a Kg should be around 30-50MYR per Kg. Next time in Malaysia try and visit Concorde Hotel, Sheraton Imperial, One World, Sunway lagoon, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Beach club, Chownkat..........I bet you will love it more

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by azjaponnaisnoir(m): 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2014
Thanks @allen000 smiley
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by naijaspeak(m): 9:21pm On Jan 02, 2014
Dear Allen0000, How much does a Nigerian need to have ( minimun capital ) to start a small scale business in Malaysia? What are the small scale business that is thriving in Malaysia especially for a Nigerian? A friend of mine is interested in setting up a barbing saloon in Malaysia. Is this possible in Malaysia?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 02, 2014
naijaspeak: Dear Allen0000, How much does a Nigerian need to have ( minimum capital ) to start a small scale business in Malaysia? What are the small scale business that is thriving in Malaysia especially for a Nigerian? A friend of mine is interested in setting up a barbing saloon in Malaysia. Is this possible in Malaysia?

@nijaspeak: Is possible but your friend must be here in Malaysia first and to on a less capital side, he must marry a Malaysian woman and with such everything will be easy as ABCD. The woman will do everything and will also apply for a loan to start the business but if you want to do it on your own then be ready to spend much much much like 100-300K MYR, which 100K is 5million in Naira.

We have alot of African Shops in Cheras, Damansara, Kepong, Ampang, Subang Jaya, Cyber Jaya and Nilai (Outskirt) ranging from African Restaurant, Boutiques, Hair Dressing Saloon, Barbing Saloon, Car Rentals and African Dry foods but mostly and from the people I know, you must marry or be in partnership with mostly a Malay/Chinese/Indian woman. For you to be on the easy side, you must first come to Malaysia, marry a Malay woman and everything will just be easy for you and wont cost you much. 99.9% of Africans Shops here are jointly owned and registered by Nigerians and a Malay, Indian or Chinese woman.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Ignatism: 10:45pm On Jan 02, 2014
No job for students?
Wow!!!!!!!!!!
A friend of mine told me I can work with student visa in Malaysia but your reply contradicts his.
I want to know the possibility of one geting a job as a student. If I can get a job that can give me RM10 per hour, that will be ok for me.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Nobody: 4:05am On Jan 03, 2014
Ignatism: No job for students?
Wow!!!!!!!!!!
A friend of mine told me I can work with student visa in Malaysia but your reply contradicts his.
I want to know the possibility of one geting a job as a student. If I can get a job that can give me RM10 per hour, that will be ok for me.

@Ignatism: There is no job for a student here in Malaysia, I am living here with my family, my wife and son, my wife is a university student and am giving you first hand information, ask ur friend what kind of job are you going to do for 10rinngit. Be not deceived there is no job here and don't hope on that unless ur going to work in an oil palm plantation and that is illegal, which if your caught straight to Nigeria and ur student pass cancelled. Please and Please go for a university and don't allow them to enroll you into college. There are better universities here with school fees ranging from 4000USD$ per session. Please don't be deceived, many have been deceived by Nigerians here. Ask me more and I will answer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Nobody: 4:07am On Jan 03, 2014
Kuala Lumpur City
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by azjaponnaisnoir(m): 6:34am On Jan 03, 2014
@naijaspeak ; if i am to advice abt starting a business out of nigeria; then you should try any african country where there's booming in development such as Equatorial Guinea;Mozambique;Angola ;may be also namibia; botswana; you will make it and the visa process won't be a problem.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by olasmith10(m): 7:24pm On Jan 03, 2014
good work Mr Allen. Pls can u give a rough estimate of d cost of running for a master degree plus the visa procedures.thanks
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by babyspice: 12:52am On Jan 04, 2014
allen0000:
@nijaspeak: Is possible but your friend must be here in Malaysia first and to on a less capital side, he must marry a Malaysian woman and with such everything will be easy as ABCD. The woman will do everything and will also apply for a loan to start the business but if you want to do it on your own then be ready to spend much much much like 100-300K MYR, which 100K is 5million in Naira.
We have alot of African Shops in Cheras, Damansara, Kepong, Ampang, Subang Jaya, Cyber Jaya and Nilai (Outskirt) ranging from African Restaurant, Boutiques, Hair Dressing Saloon, Barbing Saloon, Car Rentals and African Dry foods but mostly and from the people I know, you must marry or be in partnership with mostly a Malay/Chinese/Indian woman. For you to be on the easy side, you must first come to Malaysia, marry a Malay woman and everything will just be easy for you and wont cost you much. 99.9% of Africans Shops here are jointly owned and registered by Nigerians and a Malay, Indian or Chinese woman.

Hi, I live in KL ,I am fairly new here though. I would really like the actual address of a hair salon and African market.i've used chow kit market in KLCC, it's actually ok but I've heard about cheras and co but I need specific locations so I can give a cab driver actual directions on how to get there. Would really appreciate it.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Nobody: 4:09am On Jan 04, 2014
babyspice:
Hi, I live in KL ,I am fairly new here though. I would really like the actual address of a hair salon and African market.i've used chow kit market in KLCC, it's actually ok but I've heard about cheras and co but I need specific locations so I can give a cab driver actual directions on how to get there. Would really appreciate it.

Chow Kit is the cheapest to buy African stuffs like meat, dry fish, fruits, and wazobia shop is for african food stuffs. For hair dressing Saloon, waving, barbing saloon, go to Giant Hypermarket, Taman Couunaght, Cheras, you will see much to chose from. Call a Taxi tell him to take you to Giant Taman Counngaht Cheras.......But while going there make sure you have your Passport with you or School Covering Note...............Thanks
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by souleymon(m): 6:16am On Jan 04, 2014
Mr Allen,
Is your wife a Malaysian
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by babyspice: 6:47am On Jan 04, 2014
allen0000:

Chow Kit is the cheapest to buy African stuffs like meat, dry fish, fruits, and wazobia shop is for african food stuffs. For hair dressing Saloon, waving, barbing saloon, go to Giant Hypermarket, Taman Couunaght, Cheras, you will see much to chose from. Call a Taxi tell him to take you to Giant Taman Counngaht Cheras.......But while going there make sure you have your Passport with you or School Covering Note...............Thanks
nope not a student, actually here with an employment pass . so i have an i-pass. i think that will do right? I have been to a nigerian restaurant at taman conaught so i guess i know where i'm going. thanks
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 04, 2014
You are welcome
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 04, 2014
souleymon: Mr Allen,
Is your wife a Malaysian

My wife is a Nigerian
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 09, 2014
olasmith10: good work Mr Allen. Pls can u give a rough estimate of d cost of running for a master degree plus the visa procedures.thanks

@Olasmith// Sorry for my late response and there are much universities here and depending on which you will like, (1) Foreign Universities like University of East London (2) Monash University (3) University of Reading and others while there are also government owned and private owned. Government owned are cheap, private owned is ok and Foreign Universities expensive but most are outskirt of the City Center. But a Master Degree ( Graduate Studies) will cost Tuition from MYR 25000-50000MYR. which 1MYR=N50 and 1USD$ =3.15MYR

Tuition Fee:...............................MYR 25000- MYR 50,000 ( You must pay this once you arrive Kuala Lumpur International Airport ) The school will come and pick you up from the Student Waiting Counter, Do the clearance and let you into the city)

Accommodation ............2 bedroom( Sitting room, kitchen, 2 room, toilet, balcony and dinning ) MYR 1200-1500MYR per month depending where you want to live and School Location but make a budget of 1500MYR semi-furnish, Must have 2 -3 A/c, kitchen cabinet, with/out sofa, with/out bed. You can share your apartment with people you trust and can live alone if you can afford to pay the 1500MYR monthly

Cost of Living: Quality things are cheap here ranging from food, clothing, - electronics-phones but an average of 500MYR monthly for food only others depend on your lifestyle.

Total for Tuition...........let take ..............30,000 MYR for 18months
Accommodation..........( live alone)..........( Tall rise building )............1500 x 3 + Utility of 500MYR ( includes Electricity, water for 1st month)
=======================================5000MYR, which a deposit of 2months will be fixed and refundable whenever you want to pack out.

Living expenses ..............................Depending on your taste, but a shirt in Zara will cost as low as 100RM ( 5000 Naira) Bottle of beer ( 5-6MYR) ( Mcdonalds/KFC/others............30myr) African Restaurant .................30-50MYR ............Taxi ..............by Meter starting from 3MYR

Flight Ticket.............................Ethiopian is the cheapest

BTA..........................................atleast 2000USD$ excluding ur accommodation

Visa Procedure

(1) photocopy all pages of your passport starting from the front cover to back cover,
(2) Credentials (SSCE, University Degree/Transcript, WAEC Card) Photocopies ( You have to endorse it via the Ministry of Education Abuja)
(3) Photocopy of a passport photograph
(4) Search for University of ur choice
(5) Send No 1, 2, and 3 to the school via email or courier
(6) Pay the university application fee not more than 500MYR

(7). School will receive your application
(cool. Process and send it to EMGS/Immigration for Approval
(9) After 1-3months, Your approval will be out
(10) School will call and send your approval to your address
(11) Receive the approval, take it along with your passport to Malaysian embassy abuja for visa + 10,000 naira visa application
(12) Malaysian embassy will issue you a social visa after 7 working days
(13) Receive your visa,
(14) Arrange your original certificates, passport, approval
(15) buy your ticket one way, call the school and inform them of your flight schedule, also email the flight schedule to the school
(16) pack your luggage, kiss your girlfriend, wave bye to your family off to Lagos, Enugu or Abuja to board
(17) Fly approximately 18hrs to KLIA ( Malaysia)
(18) Get to arrival, buy a SIM card ( 10 myr and load 10 myr credit) and use the train to Immigration
(19) Wait at the student corner
(20) Call the school
(21) school representative will come and meet you, take your passport along with you for clearance
(22) Get into the city
(23) Go to chawnkit for club
(24) Case close

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by babyspice: 1:54am On Jan 10, 2014
Great write up indeed!!!
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Soldierboy30(m): 12:01pm On Jul 09, 2014
Sir Allen I spoke with my friend in malaysia about relocating to malaysia to work/school am an ssce holder 23years of age left sch2009. I have roffly a million in my account I will be sponsoring my stay/school over there. He told me there is job but just wount tell me what sort it is keeps telling me until I come he will get me 1. Sir please what's your honest advice.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by manmow: 1:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
@mr allen,can you please help out with the list of universities I can apply to in kuala lumpur for undergraduate degree in computer science/infomation technologymThank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. / Swedish Admissions And Student Visa / Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.