Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

How To Dress For A First Date - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Dress For A First Date (1658 Views)

See The Wedding Dress A Nigerian Designer Reportedly Collected N1.8m To Make / Tips On The Right Way To Dress For Your Body Shape / How To Dress Smart With 13 Items For One Week For Classic Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Dress For A First Date by itsolanrewaju: 11:37am On Feb 24, 2017
When you feel the anticipation of going out on a first date, you might feel excitement, or maybe high levels of anxiety. The usual “what if I spill my food in my lap” or “what if I wear high heels and fall down” or “what if I can’t find something to talk about and he thinks I’m a total idiot?!”.
All the usual worries and fears that come with a first date are part of the butterflies that make it so exciting to actually go through with it. The risk/reward ratio of a first date is part of the appeal, “what if he’s the one!” or maybe you aren’t even looking for Mr. Right Forever, but just Mr. Right Now.
You may feel a panic when you go to your wardrobe and look inside, but don’t worry; you probably have something in there that works. Just take a deep breath and start pulling out things that fit you comfortably, that you can dress up or down as needed.
A date is not where you want to wear an outrageous, attention getting outfits. If you want to dress like Nikki Minaj or Lady Gaga save it for some other time. A first date is not an ideal way to show off your outlandish styles.
Here are a few things to consider for your first date before choosing your outfit. As this has a huge part in choosing what to wear.

Be neat.

Victoria Beckham

You don’t always need to go buy a brand new outfit for a first date, but make sure whatever you choose to wear is clean, and isn’t wrinkled like it was stuffed in the back of your drawer and you just threw it on without even bothering to de-wrinkle it. Check for stains, tears, rips, or seams coming apart before you wear it in public. While you may not care or notice, it may make him think you are a slob, or very inattentive to your own personal hygiene.

Know your environment.

Know where you are going. This is important because if you don’t know where you are going, you won’t know how to dress for the situation and over/under dressing can make the situation feel more awkward than it needs to be. You might not want to wear those sexy heels that are hard to walk in, or hurt your feet, if you are walking around before or after your dinner date. If it’s cold and you don’t want to bring a heavy jacket, you may change the type of dress you plan on wearing if you might be standing in line, or waiting outside before dinner.

Dress comfortably.

Oliva Palermo

First and foremost, you want to feel as comfortable as you can on a first date so you can focus on the more important things, like getting to know the person you are with, instead of trying to un-wedge a too tight skirt and pull it down the whole night. If you are fidgety, he’ll either think you are high maintenance, or bored. Neither are the impressions you want to give on a first date. Don’t wear clothing that doesn’t fit, or is too tight or barely covers your nipples, if you are constantly re-adjusting your clothes, or trying to keep your large breasts inside a too-small top, it’s just not the right message to send on a first date.

Be yourself.

Read more @http://pearlsonstyles..com.ng/2017/02/how-to-dress-for-first-date.html?m=1

Re: How To Dress For A First Date by ebuka1993(m): 6:39pm On Feb 24, 2017
nice

(1) (Reply)

Ankara Bags, Leather Bags, Shoes And Accessories By Vivyventure Couture / Please, whats d colour of this gele Pics now attached / LadiesInnersWorld.Unique Brands Of Lingeries,Night Wears.Bridal/Anniversarygifts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.