Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Make Me A Wife - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Make Me A Wife (119772 Views)

Killing a Wife / Beyoncé Did Not Make Me Popular – Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: "Beyonce Didn't Make Me Popular" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make Me A Wife by speezyWears: 8:45am On Mar 21, 2017
Please continue, I was dreaming about the continuation of this story.

God Bless.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Me A Wife by degelinglacis: 3:48pm On Mar 21, 2017
A month later,

She was extremely relieved when Wande announced he was making a trip to Ibadan for his business. She was tired of putting up with his silent treatment. After their fight, she thought he would be back to his senses, but she was wrong. He became worse each day, ignoring her greetings, not eating and his room was locked at her.
She tried approaching him and even insisted they needed to talk. But he refused, snapping at her every words. She couldn't wrapped her head around his reactions towards something as flimsy as keeping him waiting because she was talking to her father.
He left the house at 5:30 every morning and arrived home dead on his feet every evening rarely before 11. At first, she waited up for him and sometimes dozing off on the settee. The man she waited up for would stroll in without waking her up and the next morning she woke up usually with a neck pain and a heavy head. Aina had been very sad when she explained everything to her. She requested for Wande's phone number and promised to call him on her behalf. That had changed nothing. Wande was still moping around the house like a child. So Olaronke followed her friend's advice"Ignore him, let him realize what he is missing "

To be honest her advice worked. She found herself converting her sadness into energy and gradually she was becoming a highly successful Restaurateur. Her life had settled into an ordered calm that was really comforting. To exist without a man in her life brought a certain serenity she had never before experienced. Not having to gratify Wande's whims and whirlwind meant Olaronke could give better attention to the areas of her own life she neglected. She realized she needed to be happy with who she was before others could be happy with her. Her work flourished; she counted her money at the end of each day, it empowered her and she knew what independence really meant.

Aina on the other hand felt she was too young to be having a midlife crisis. Everything had been fine right from the day she could pronounce her name. She felt lucky and had everything she wanted well except men. She felt her luck was running out. She was a lecturer in a private college of agriculture. It was her mentor who helped her to secure the job. Professor Georgina was a friend to her family. The woman had helped her older siblings with their admission into the universities. Now, they were all doing great outside the country. She was the only one of her siblings that was still in Nigeria. Over the years, she became very close to the woman and her family. They had done a lot of great things together and she( professor Georgina) used her to pry informations from her fellow lecturers especially the males. She had enjoyed the game, she still did. It gave her insight into strange and wondrous world. Especially in those few seconds men confessed their deepest secret just because they were in another world. Her fiancé had found out about her life and he was threatening to call off their marriage. He had insisted she quit her job too, well she was sleeping with the Provost and he knew.
It became more complicated when one of his relatives knew about her.
Stevie postponed their engagement ceremony. Now, she was without a job and a complicated relationship. She could not remained at home because of the shame. The following morning, she took a bus to Lagos. Her best friend would have to accommodate her.
Olaronke was shocked to see her friend dragged her bag to the the restaurant. She quickly ushered her into her office.
"What happened? We talked on phone last night and you didn't say anything?" Olaronke was horrified
Aina broke down into tears, something she never did except she was happy. Life was very simple for Aina. She woke up every morning with the expectation of adventures not comprehending Adduni's priorities which were food, fashion, affection, work, probably in exactly that order. Although she was still furious with Aina for sleeping with Kunle. They had still managed to overlooked it and called each other everyday.
Aina might be stubborn, annoying at times but she was a good listener and a very good friend of hers who stood with her in her lowest moment.
"This is very un-Aina like behavior. What's wrong?" She said pulling her into an embrace.
"Stevie cancelled our engagement" she cried
"He can't, he has always love you" Olaronke said
Aina shook her head "No, he said he only took me back because he wanted to revenge. He has done it. He made me quit my job" she lied.
"What! Is he mad?" Olaronke said bringing out her phone from her jean pocket
"I thought he is one good guy. He deserves to be curse"
She dialed his number, it rang and they waited for his voice to come through.
"Oh birds of the same feathers" was Stevie's first sentence
"Just shut up you little devil. Now I understand why my friend was very reluctant to date you..."
Just like Aina had predicted correctly, Adunni's anger would prevent any reasonable conversation between her and Stevie who was convinced they (Aina and Olaronke) shared the same character. He would keep talking in parables.
"Rubbish" Olaronke said ending the call
"How could he be so wicked?" She hissed "Aina, just calm down. Let's sit" he said and gently sat her on a couch.
"What do we do now, Aina" she asked
"I just want to get away from the talks" she sobbed more
"It's fine. You can stay with me. Thank God we both attended catering classes. You can work with me" Olaronke said
"Thank you" Aina said throwing her arms around her.

Thank you Adunni, Now I don't have to monitor you with phone calls. I am here to watch every of your step.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Me A Wife by sulips(f): 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2017
I love the story, but this last update is too short. Good job darl, please keep updating kiss
Re: Make Me A Wife by degelinglacis: 4:15pm On Mar 21, 2017
sulips:
I love the story, but this last update is too short. Good job darl, please keep updating kiss

Ma'am I am not done with the update. I update with phone and I don't want to lose the words I typed. Sometimes Operamini will just crash and I will have to type again.
Re: Make Me A Wife by susiivy: 4:21pm On Mar 21, 2017
nice keep up with the good work

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Me A Wife by Alennsar(f): 5:30pm On Mar 21, 2017
ki ile to pa osika ohun to da atibaje. she will reap what she sow

3 Likes

Re: Make Me A Wife by eitsei(m): 5:35pm On Mar 21, 2017
degelinglacis:

Ma'am I am not done with the update. I update with phone and I don't want to lose the words I typed. Sometimes Operamini will just crash and I will have to type again.
if you have WPS on your phone, type it on WPS and after typing just copy and paste it here
Re: Make Me A Wife by degelinglacis: 9:08pm On Mar 21, 2017
eitsei:
if you have WPS on your phone, type it on WPS and after typing just copy and paste it here
Thank you. I will do that

1 Like

Re: Make Me A Wife by eitsei(m): 10:43pm On Mar 21, 2017
degelinglacis:
Thank you. I will do that
you are welcome
Re: Make Me A Wife by eitsei(m): 10:50pm On Mar 21, 2017
Yorùbá will say

"Imú ní'kà kò jẹ k'agbọ oòrùn aṣebi " which means the nose is wicked he doesn't let us perceive the odour of the evil doer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Me A Wife by rachealfst(f): 11:04pm On Mar 21, 2017
Wow!!! This story is dope. You deserve a standing ovation. Well done ma'am. More inspiration.....

As for this heartless enemy that call herself a friend....Karma is around the corner.

2 Likes

Re: Make Me A Wife by prisiliveth: 11:05pm On Mar 21, 2017
now that Aina has move in,na serious gobe b dat ooo

1 Like

Re: Make Me A Wife by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 21, 2017
prisiliveth:
now that Aina has move in,na serious gobe b dat ooo

That Aina is a witch. She is just hell bent on destroying her friend. Father,deliver me from every Aina.

2 Likes

Re: Make Me A Wife by queentener(f): 12:39am On Mar 22, 2017
When someone helps or saves you from a situation, that doesn't mean the person should be seen as a good person and turned to someone you can't do without . Just because Aina helped Adunni, she concluded Aina deserve to be her best friend, sometimes God use the devil to help His children if that is the only available way. Seek God's face so that you ll not dine with the enemy. Learning a lot from the story.

2 Likes

Re: Make Me A Wife by horlah1(f): 5:28am On Mar 22, 2017
Hmmm 'Ronke i'm so sorry for you.. Say father deliver me from every Aina Ma'am nice one...

2 Likes

Re: Make Me A Wife by bitingcool: 6:46am On Mar 22, 2017
How far with this story?
Your suspense has gradually turned into delay sad
With different activities vying for man's everyday attention, your teeming fans may gradually thin out.
Type on evernote to avoid losing what you type.
Do something pls..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Me A Wife by Niwdog(m): 8:13am On Mar 22, 2017
This story defines my old friendship with a former G, he helped me when I was terribly down with malaria so after I regained myself I decide to make him a close paddy but this guy betray my trust for him by conniving with some guys to come rob me

3 Likes

Re: Make Me A Wife by Abbydammy1(f): 9:06am On Mar 22, 2017
Wande should have asked her wife about it....Ania is a wicked soul am very soon she will reap what she sow. That have started affecting her..... sweetheart more ink to you pen waiting for more

2 Likes

Re: Make Me A Wife by ibawon(m): 9:33am On Mar 22, 2017
Henn, Sister this thing is now making me somehow offended, the Story is taking too long to update at least 2 pages per day would suffice.
This is Turning from Interesting to Depressing. Abeg update regularly cos your Readers may just decline very fast

2 Likes

Re: Make Me A Wife by Opeoluwa99(f): 9:58am On Mar 22, 2017
Adunni just stabbed herself chai inu nika o

Madam degelinglacis I love your story no be small,well done ma

1 Like

Re: Make Me A Wife by Maryclaire1(f): 10:20am On Mar 22, 2017
This is fascinating....lovely story I must say, life lessons to be learnt..you are doing a great job..I no e no easy typing with phone to give us an update...God bless u..waiting for more update

2 Likes

Re: Make Me A Wife by degelinglacis: 10:22am On Mar 22, 2017
Chapter five

Still, life went on. If there was one person who was in the same boat as Olaronke it was Wande and Bonuade. Wande was drowned in his business. Every waking moment was spent working on something new. He hardly had time to think of his home. It was just as if he was transported back to his early adult life. Ibadan as he had envisaged was the right place for his regional office. But he could not spent all his time there. His businesses had grown and he couldn't split himself into halves to be at different places. He appointed few of his trusted employees and placed them in his branches. There was only one person he thought was best to head his regional office. It was Grace. Grace was smart and intelligent. It was that attribute that endeared her to him. Their relationship had lasted a little over two months until he found out she was clingy. That was her only defect. He wished she had applied her intelligence into their relationship and saw it for what it was. For all that, he needed her. He called her on his phone.
"Hi" she said
"I want to see you" He said and described where he was.

Grace was excited to received his call. The fact that Wande was married mattered not at all----most men of thirty were. And she was thirty two herself, her petite stature and pretty young face had hidden all that. She easily lied to men that came her way she was twenty eight. Only now they hardly come and the few that did were married. Her aunt had advised her to marry any man that came her way. Married or divorced. She wanted Wande for herself, he was the best among her past lovers. Oh, he did all the correct things-----gave her expensive jewelry, sent her flowers. But there were no sentimental notes attached to any of his gifts. Only his name Babawande Williams. But she had discovered he could not be pinned down easily. If she had known he was serious about getting married to that harpy, she would have trapped him with pregnancy. Now, was never too late. It was obvious he and his wife had fallen apart. Why would he be calling her if not that. She wore her sandal quickly and applied make up to her face. Blowing a big kiss to the mirror, she picked up her purse ready to leave.

Wande leaned back in his chair, long legs stretched before him with a hard expression on his face. Grace was taking too long. He hated to be idle for a second because his wife always found a way to crept into his mind. He had kept a tab on her and each day, he received notes on her goings and comings. What in the hell was she up to at the moment? He had been patient all along----to give her a chance to make up her mind and come clean with her devious act. But she was stubborn always hissing like a snake whenever he was around. Her recent pictures that was sent to him showed no pregnancy bump. She must have terminated the pregnancy. That was she meant when she said the gynaecologist said she could always get pregnant. It was horrible to think her father supported her act. Why was it that she was the one woman who was capable of making him care? Was it because she was a sister to his best friend? Why was he missing her? He hated the knowledge. He shouldn't miss a woman who had deceived him, but he had. He woke in the night, reaching for her but she was not there. He had dreamt about their kiss, her sweet mouth
His phone rang disturbing his thoughts. He answered it. It was his friend Kunle.
"I told you, she visited Glorious night those years" his excited voice rang out. Women excite him
"Who?" Wande asked
"Aina, your wife's best friend" he replied.
There was a knowing silence. If Aina had been at those parties, his wife had been there too. He needed to confirm his fears
"So she said Adunni was with her" Wande said
"No, not exactly but they went everywhere together" his friend replied
"I hope you didn't tell her who owned the hotel" he growled
"No I do...."
Wande ended the call. The last "No" had sufficed. His wife visited Glorious night, where the women slept with at least two men in a night. How had they not recognized her? Or did she saw her brother one of those nights and decided never to attend again.

"Hello" Grace greeted kissing him on his cheek
He needed to set her right. Grace was dramatic and he would not want to encourage her affections for him the second time. So he brought out his handkerchief and wiped out her lips from his face. He saw her lips pouted in anger
"Grace, I called you here to discuss business" he informed her
"Wait, let me guess. You want us to be back together because you realized your wife is harpy like I warned you she was. So you want me to marry you and have your baby while I won't interfere in your marriage with her" Grace said clapping gleefully while Wande rolled his eyes heavenward. Why was she acting like a dunce? Did she really believed that unintelligible story she just told?
"You should act romantic movies, instead of just watching them. Or better still write a romantic novel"
Grace gurgled with laughter. "Anything is possible I think, especially with you being the romantic man in my...." Grace was stopped from launching into another tirade of meaningless words by Wande.
"Now listen" he said and explained every details of what he wanted them to achieve together
"Also, I think its about time my businesses take a social media approach. I have been shying away from it all these years. But the truth is, its catching up on me. I was reading a newspaper last week, and I saw my name pictures in the young entrepreneur list. I want us to take the media on together" he completed.

Two weeks later, Bolarinwa was in his office going through the newspapers before him. A frown marred his handsome features. His friend was in the arm of another woman he recognized as Grace. Had he rekindled their relationship? How could he disrespect his wife that way.
He had stayed out of his marriage like Wande suggested believing he was capable of holding his home together.
Should he call him? No, maybe it meant nothing. He thought to himself. He decided to check the net if there was video of the interview he could watch. He found it and clicked on play.
Reporters mingled with distinguished guests at the ceremony of the opening of his Regional office. Grace eyes sparked as she was introduced as the manager of the office. She was dressed in a yellow backless gown with a black shoe to matched. Her weavon was long and sparkling, it reached her waist. She looked like a run away model than a businesses head.
The reporters approached her
"Miss Grace, we heard you graduated with a first class at university of port Harcourt and has been behind most successful entrepreneur s we know today albeit anonymously"
"Yes that's very correct. I have worked with notable business men and women just mention any of their names, I still do"
They pounced on that little information
"Forgive the question Miss Grace, You've been seen everywhere with Engineer Williams, are you two an item?"
"Why don't you ask him?" her lips curved into a smile and she said again "an item in a sort of way, I work for him and he enjoys every bit of it" her voice dripped of innuendo
Another reporter shyly asked her "We heard he is married?"
"Not very married is he?" She said this laughing, and dismissed them all gracefully.

"Not very married? What the hell does that mean" Bolarinwa said exasperated.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Make Me A Wife by degelinglacis: 10:26am On Mar 22, 2017
eitsei:
Yorùbá will say

"Imú ní'kà kò jẹ k'agbọ oòrùn aṣebi " which means the nose is wicked he doesn't let us perceive the odour of the evil doer
Lol grin
Re: Make Me A Wife by degelinglacis: 10:27am On Mar 22, 2017
Maryclaire1:
This is fascinating....lovely story I must say, life lessons to be learnt..you are doing a great job..I no e no easy typing with phone to give us an update...God bless u..waiting for more update
Amen. Thanks ma'am

2 Likes

Re: Make Me A Wife by degelinglacis: 10:27am On Mar 22, 2017
Opeoluwa99:
Adunni just stabbed herself chai inu nika o

Madam degelinglacis I love your story no be small,well done ma
Thank you
Re: Make Me A Wife by degelinglacis: 10:28am On Mar 22, 2017
Its been a while I saw Miss Oyinda and Nmaglit
Re: Make Me A Wife by degelinglacis: 10:45am On Mar 22, 2017
ibawon:
Henn, Sister this thing is now making me somehow offended, the Story is taking too long to update at least 2 pages per day would suffice.
This is Turning from Interesting to Depressing. Abeg update regularly cos your Readers may just decline very fast
Don't be offended angry angry. I want the story to be over too. So I can enjoy my time by watching movies and reading romance for quick pleasure.
Re: Make Me A Wife by degelinglacis: 10:45am On Mar 22, 2017
bitingcool:
How far with this story?
Your suspense has gradually turned into delay sad
With different activities vying for man's everyday attention, your teeming fans may gradually thin out.
Type on evernote to avoid losing what you type.
Do something pls..
Alright
Re: Make Me A Wife by haleemwale(m): 11:26am On Mar 22, 2017
Nice story...take ur time ma

1 Like

Re: Make Me A Wife by Alennsar(f): 1:16pm On Mar 22, 2017
i think Aduni is just too foolish for my liking. a reasonable woman will never ignore her husband like dat.
Re: Make Me A Wife by eitsei(m): 2:05pm On Mar 22, 2017
Alennsar:
i think Aduni is just too foolish for my liking. a reasonable woman will never ignore her husband like dat.
how is she foolish? She doesn't know what her offence is or why her husband is acting strange, it's not as if he told her where she went wrong so she would know how make amend and when she tried talking to him he shunned her... So what do you suggest she do? If it was me too I will look for other things to take my attention from the troubles and that's what she's doing and she's happy.
I don't blame her after what her ex did on their wedding day, I don't think she would let any man trample with her happiness again... I just hope she finds out soon enough about her snake of a friend

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Make Me A Wife by Alennsar(f): 3:33pm On Mar 22, 2017
But she is not the one who make her marriage to him work in d first place, so she can still call for der help

she should learn from her past so that tins won't go wrong again. it's take a lot to build a successful marriage .
eitsei:
how is she foolish? She doesn't know what her offence is or why her husband is acting strange, it's not as if he told her where she went wrong so she would know how make amend and when she tried talking to him he shunned her... So what do you suggest she do? If it was me too I will look for other things to take my attention from the troubles and that's what she's doing and she's happy.
I don't blame her after what her ex did on their wedding day, I don't think she would let any man trample with her happiness again... I just hope she finds out soon enough about her snake of a friend

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / The Journal Of A Nymphomaniac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.