Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Make Me A Wife - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Make Me A Wife (119768 Views)

Killing a Wife / Beyoncé Did Not Make Me Popular – Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: "Beyonce Didn't Make Me Popular" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make Me A Wife by yusufibrahim(m): 4:11pm On Mar 22, 2017
degelinglacis. U doing a very nice job keep them coming and more grace to u

1 Like

Re: Make Me A Wife by eitsei(m): 4:50pm On Mar 22, 2017
Alennsar:
But she is not the one who make her marriage to him work in d first place, so she can still call for der help

she should learn from her past so that tins won't go wrong again. it's take a lot to build a successful marriage .
the things is she has no idea with what is wrong with her almost first marriage and the marriage she is in now
Re: Make Me A Wife by degelinglacis: 5:19pm On Mar 22, 2017
Bonuade was grateful for the large sum of money Oluwaniyi sent to her monthly. It helped to established her freedom

It had been more than enough for a monthly salary-----that was his reply when she asked him what the money was meant for. She had cried profusely pleading with him to stop sending her money she believed was her divorce settlement. But he didn't grant her wish nor did he reassured her he would not divorce her.

He had been solicitous of her needs yet he was distant. She hadn't seen him for weeks. It had been terrible for her in the beginning, being the only one in the big house. No one to talk to. And she couldn't tell her sister the state of her marriage. She had warned her not to marry a man who did not share her feelings. She didn't listen, she wished she had.

Her loneliness hardened her will. It became hard going through each day in sadness. So, she drew herself up and mentally began to prepare for the future that awaits her. Her pregnancy was four months old. By November, she would be having her baby and also be divorced at a young age of twenty three. The divorce could happen in December, probably as an end of the year gift from her husband. It dependd on how he wanted it

She wished she could talk to someone but she was scared she would blurt out Aina's part. She kept mute and helped herself by visiting bookstores. She bought books on divorce. After reading "Wild", " Codependent No More" and "How to Sleep Alone in a King sized bed" she was deeply prepared for the journey ahead of her. She gained her self confidence back by reminding herself each day that everyone makes mistakes, the wise one lives with theirs. She was tired of receiving credit alert from her husband monthly. She wanted to earn her own money. Being a housewife was not a job; it was silly of her to agree to be one. She went in search of a new properties she could rent. She found one. It had three rooms that suited her purpose. She imported pharmaceutical drugs and set up a pharmacy store and converted the two other rooms to an office and bedroom. After a week, she moved out of her husband's house to her one room. Whenever he decided to come, he was welcome to Hi piece of furnitures, she was not one of them.

Her store blossomed, she employed two other pharmacist technicians to assist her. She was pregnant and do not want to stress herself. Each visits to the gynaecologist dampened her mood. She wished she had her husband thlere with her, watching the tiny life they created together. She sent the ultrasound pictures to her husband on WhatsApp. He was excited over it. He kept calling asking after her and their baby. His call had excited her at first but the truth was nothing had changed. He would divorced he hence she stopped being excited over his calls.

Karma was a word she was casually aware of until the moment it caught up with her. She had ruined someone else relationship and now she was paying for it with a failed marriage. Bonuade searched for her accomplice Aina on Facebook. Something has to be wrong in her life too, karma could not have forgotten her. What she saw on her page was a titillating news. Aina was engaged to one Doctor. She wished she could warn Adunni about her so called best friend. It was cleared to her now that Adunni knew nothing about those pictures and the abortion tale. It was all Aina's doing. Buttelling Adunni who lead to her own death. She had to keep quite and prayed God protect them all from her. A thought occurred to her; What if Aina comes back and threatened her with God knows what? Or force her to commit another evil with her?

She had to retaliate. She could become Karma and ruined Aina's life like she ruined hers. It would not be difficult to achieve. Someone as wicked as Aina would definitely had her failings. That was what she would used against her. She thought of someone she could trust, someone who would not questioned her motives. It was Francis. He was a good friend of their family and a detector too. She called him on phone and sent him details of Aina and two weeks after. Her email brimmed with different files on her. She saw some short video clips capable of destroying Aina's life. She kept them for future purpose. Armed with demeaning pictures of her. She thought on the best way to revenge. Why not pay in her own coin? She sent the pictures to her fiance, a few days afterwards, she sent it to his relatives. Aina was a little witch but Bonuade was cetain her her spell cannot worked on everyone. If it worked on her Stevie, it would not work on his family members.

Lawyer Oluwaniyi sat in his office looking forlorn. It had been days since his wife called him. She seemed resigned to her fate. The past few weeks she kept calling, reminding him she loved him and begging him not to divorce her. He had intentionally sent her money to remind her she was just like every scheming females that were after him in the past for his money or something else.He had escaped them all but still found himself married to one. She claimed she loved him. He believed her and he still did.

What was she up to? He checked her Facebook page everyday, his wife was back with her quotes but this time, it was about independence and he wondered of they were in October already. She had gone back to her normal life; partying. Pictures of her in headtie cropped up almost every weekend. Was she truly happy without him in her life or was it just appearanchim

Despite his anger at her deceit, he still wanted her as his wife. She burned in his veins like an addition he was not equipped to fight. What she did was not entirely wrong. It turned out Adunni was seeing another man. How did she got married in just two days? She had kept another potential fiance in those three years they dated.

He would not divorce his wife. She was pregnant with his child and that must take precedence above all else. Including his feeling. They had to stay married for their child. Divorce would taint his own image. He wouldn't do it. He would be a good father present in every phase of his child life.
What about being a husband? The prospect was appealing especially having her back in to warm his bed. He missed her. It had been two months.

His office door opened and the way of deja vu spread over him. Someone that belonged to the past was here.
"Aina" he said
"Life and direct" she chuckled
She was dressed in a tight jean and cropped top. The last time she came to his office, he had thrown her out because she tried to seduced him. He was in a relationship with her best friend then.
"How is life treating you?" She asked bending over his table. Her cleavage almost in his face.
"Fine, as you can see" he replied
'"Hmm, it turned out your virgin wife to be was sleeping with another man while you lived like a monk rejecting my advances. You thought she was better than i. She's only a pretender while I am true to my feelings " she said
"Really?" he said leaving his seat to sat on another lone chair
""How is Bonuade?" She asked
"Fine" was his reply
"Fine is a vain answer. If it is really fine, why is she not in Lagos with you?"
"Aina, just go straight to the point. I know you have something to gloat about" he said annoyed with her game
"Patient, Oluwaniyi, just chill. I thought after rejecting me for seven months that when you finally get married it would be to a perfect woman. A woman without flaw. Bonuade your wife was no, she is seeing one of your colleague. Harry? Do you know him. He's based in Abuja" she said gleefully
It was true Bonuade had a whirlwind affair with the Lawyer. It was after Oluwaniyi was engaged and Bonuade decided to move on. Aina had encouraged her to quit the relationship and remained hopeful Oluwaniyi would be hers. .

Oluwaniyi mulled over her words. His wife was exactly not an innocent. She had not mentioned a thing about her love life. Just that "she did herself" that was the phrase she used. He was very sure she had nothing sexual with Harry. Even if she had, it was all in the past. He had learnt from his previous relationship that patient was key. He would wait and asked his wife about it.
He brought out his phone and text his security team. In few minutes, his office was besieged my securitis, Aina was treated like a criminal. Her picture wa snapped. And she was dragged even though she pleaded she would walked on her own out of the office premises. Her passport was printed and placed in the building

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make Me A Wife by degelinglacis: 5:20pm On Mar 22, 2017
haleemwale:
Nice story...take ur time ma
Thanks
Re: Make Me A Wife by degelinglacis: 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2017
yusufibrahim:
degelinglacis. U doing a very nice job keep them coming and more grace to u
Thank you sir
Re: Make Me A Wife by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
This Aina is just a witchy bitch
Re: Make Me A Wife by yusufibrahim(m): 5:42pm On Mar 22, 2017
degelinglacis:

Thank you sir
u welcome sir..... But the only acceptable thanks u can give me is better update thanks sir
Re: Make Me A Wife by degelinglacis: 5:44pm On Mar 22, 2017
Alennsar:
i think Aduni is just too foolish for my liking. a reasonable woman will never ignore her husband like dat.
Lol what do you want her to do, when her husband snaps at her, he refused to discuss the state of their marriage. My favorite part is; how he left her on the couch and the next day Adunni woke up with neck pain grin grin grin. That's wickedness

2 Likes

Re: Make Me A Wife by degelinglacis: 5:45pm On Mar 22, 2017
yusufibrahim:
u welcome sir..... But the only acceptable thanks u can give me is better update thanks sir
Lol at sir. Better update ke angry angry the one up there nko?
Re: Make Me A Wife by Bensoate1(m): 5:47pm On Mar 22, 2017
Am so loving this story, more please

1 Like

Re: Make Me A Wife by Lordshola: 6:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
degelinglacis:
Thanks
heee sekesekebula, thank God Niyi think with his head dis tym around.

1 Like

Re: Make Me A Wife by yusufibrahim(m): 6:27pm On Mar 22, 2017
degelinglacis:

Lol at sir. Better update ke angry angry the one up there nko?
he no dey enough ni

1 Like

Re: Make Me A Wife by Alennsar(f): 7:00pm On Mar 22, 2017
Wat goes round will surely come around

1 Like

Re: Make Me A Wife by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 22, 2017
that aina of a gal must eat the fruit of her labour

1 Like

Re: Make Me A Wife by degelinglacis: 7:43pm On Mar 22, 2017
pepperoni55:

Amen
Re: Make Me A Wife by alarmednigerian: 8:08pm On Mar 22, 2017
This story is dope!!! Kudos to u

2 Likes

Re: Make Me A Wife by Tori46(f): 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
Lol.. That serves her right

1 Like

Re: Make Me A Wife by yorhmienerd(m): 9:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: Make Me A Wife by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 22, 2017
each upd8 exudes d writers briliant and creative mindset, u r a phenomenom to modern day intellectuals

1 Like

Re: Make Me A Wife by Abbydammy1(f): 9:45pm On Mar 22, 2017
Whao..... you doing a great job dear #thumbup
Re: Make Me A Wife by Lordshola: 10:34pm On Mar 22, 2017
pepperoni55:

olopa ewo ni ti epe now? Anyway dat guy named karma is just everywhere, everytime. So @pepperoni, just chillax (relax). grin
pepperoni55:

olopa ewo ni ti epe now? Anyway dat guy named karma is just everywhere, everytime. So @pepperoni, just chillax (relax).
Re: Make Me A Wife by Halyma(f): 7:56am On Mar 23, 2017
wow!!! i love the way this story is going

1 Like

Re: Make Me A Wife by BlizzydoDo(f): 10:10am On Mar 23, 2017
Very interesting story yuv got, I cnt fit trust a friend like that sef not in this 9ja. Karma will locate Aina 4 sure

1 Like

Re: Make Me A Wife by Maryclaire1(f): 3:31pm On Mar 23, 2017
Degelinglacis where u at naa.. embarassed I don refresh taya cry cry cry hope u good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Make Me A Wife by susiivy: 3:40pm On Mar 23, 2017
Maryclaire1:
Degelinglacis where u at naa.. embarassed I don refresh taya cry cry cry hope u good
same with me o

1 Like

Re: Make Me A Wife by degelinglacis: 3:43pm On Mar 23, 2017
Maryclaire1:
Lol, am around o. Just stuck here. I will update hopefully tonight

1 Like

Re: Make Me A Wife by TosinBecca: 3:44pm On Mar 23, 2017
This story is just what I need. Thumbs up!

2 Likes

Re: Make Me A Wife by Maryclaire1(f): 5:39pm On Mar 23, 2017
degelinglacis:

Lol, am around o. Just stuck here. I will update hopefully tonight
Alright dear we are waiting ooo u know say na since morning..so u make the update very,very, very lengthy wink
Re: Make Me A Wife by Bensoate1(m): 5:56pm On Mar 23, 2017
this tori dey sweet pass this one oooooo, abeg you better update before i come down hard on you lile oluwaniyi, lolz nice one OP keep it coming, and this your Aina better no come my wande side oooo
Re: Make Me A Wife by horlah1(f): 6:07pm On Mar 23, 2017
Following patiently ma'am

1 Like

Re: Make Me A Wife by Twinkle004(f): 8:43pm On Mar 23, 2017
degelinglacis nice work, I love everything about ds story.
Aina is a very bad friend but am sure her own coin is coming soon. Waiting for more updates
Re: Make Me A Wife by charytea(f): 10:21pm On Mar 23, 2017
No update yet?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / The Journal Of A Nymphomaniac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.