Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,045 members, 7,835,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! (3023 Views)

Court Sacks Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Age, Form Loss & Pep Guardiola: Why Yaya Toure & Man City Should Part Ways. / After 15 Years, English Premier League Will Part Ways With Barclays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by FBS: 12:00pm On Dec 11, 2009
NFF, GLOBACOM PART WAYS!!!

After five years of a sometimes stormy partnership, the Nigeria Football Federation and Globacom have finally parted ways.

Globacom's N150 million sponsorship of the Nigerian national teams came to an end on Tuesday December 8, and with both parties failing to agree on the valuation of the properties, the relationship was finally severed.

According to Idris Adama, NFF's Head of Marketing, the Globacom valuation of the property fell far short of what the NFF value is.

"They had a right for first refusal in the contract, and we offered the property to them at N1 billion. They came back to us with N165 million, that is a 10 percent increase on the former contract," Adama told KickOffNigeria.com.

The NFF rejected the offer out of hand, and on Tuesday, they sent a letter of appreciation Globacom thanking the company for its meritorious service to Nigeria football within its short span of existence.

In a letter signed by Deputy General Secretary (General Services), Barrister Musa Amadu, the NFF stated: "We wish to formally inform you that our contractual relationship has today 8th December, 2009 legally terminated.

"We also acknowledge your immense support and contribution through various sponsorship drives on the overall development of football in Nigeria. Indeed, we feel honoured to have been your partner in this laudable venture of advancing the cause of the game of football in Nigeria.

"While acknowledging with thanks all your support in the last five years, we do sincerely wish you success in your future endeavours while assuring you that the Nigeria Football Federation will definitely build on the gains thus far acquired."

Globacom, Nigeria’s national carrier, had signed a five–year agreement with the then NFA back in December 2004 for exclusive sponsorship rights to all the national teams and the contract expires legally on Wednesday.

Globacom has done much to support Nigeria football at home and abroad, and is today the proud sponsor of the annual African Football Awards, which rewards the best footballers of African extraction in different areas of the game.

Globacom also sponsors the elite Premier League on the domestic scene.

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=12727
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by twinskenny(m): 12:13pm On Dec 11, 2009
good for them, with all the money theyv been pumping in for the past how many years, we cant see any development,
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by Okwyjesus(m): 12:18pm On Dec 11, 2009
What is wrong with NFF, which corporate organisation in this country show interest in our football than GLO.
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2009
To depart in dis important moment makes no sence to me,why cant NFF consider d fact that glo(which is our network) has been trying their best to lift our league 2 d next or is it because they see the company as MMM"money making machine" or perhaps top telecom industries have promise 2 pay more what they initially bagain for.why cant NFF do something meaningful 4 Dis Adenuga mobile for christ seek[color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by Gspot(m): 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2009
Its quite obvious glo is gradualy loosin grip on naija people and events, just imagin their bìg das promo which i percieve as "demarketing strategy," that floped big time. D truth is dat dis loss of patnership with a such a strategic marketing medium like naija league tells you that the marketing team of glo are clueles, its a shame that they dont hav a first hand clue about d nigerian consumer prefrenc ironicaly as a nigerian firm. Glo u guys suck, glo with pride which goeth before ur fall
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by adconline(m): 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2009
Naija mentality We can kill a N100 million deal because  of N200,000. So  having N 000,000 is better than having N165,000,000
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by FBS: 12:32pm On Dec 11, 2009
What will they (NFF) do next?
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by ayothomas: 12:40pm On Dec 11, 2009
Are thinking of being there life for the WORLD CUP 2010 in South Africa!

Well worry no more, we will provide all you will need to make your stay a wonderful one, , ACCOMMODATION, TRANSPORTATION(4RM HOME TO VENUE AND BACK) and ALL TICKETS, WE WILL GET U TO ALL NIGERIA GAMES IN ALL VENUES ON TIME AND BACK.

JUST CONTACT
AYO THOMAS
TEL: +27 799 374149(SA)
08039666244(NIG)
EMAIL: info@datsolutionsglobal.com
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by netpro(m): 12:49pm On Dec 11, 2009
I guess someone is making better offer. Perhaps Glo can do other things with their money. There is always things to do.
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by ochukoccna: 1:02pm On Dec 11, 2009
[size=14pt]In truth, the national teams are worth more than the $7million [1 billion naira] tag placed on them by NFF. GLO indeed was getting them for cheap with the about $1.1 million she was enjoying before. The sharp urgent review was possibly precipitated by 9ja's qualification for the WC yet face it, 9ja's football sphere is currently a joke. Which serious company would pour that much on it? The NFF is visionless, the national teams lack direction in that there's no clear cut policy on how to integrate the youth team products into the senior teams [especially the males], no financial transparency etc. What happened to over the case of about $300,000 stolen in NFF's office? Is is this same bunch of jokers you'll entrust $7 mill with? Jokers like Ogunjobi, Uchegbulam, Lulu and Ojo oba! In this days of  video teleconferencing, this jokers MUST go to the UK to go visit Kanu, Yobo etal for discussions on how the Super Eagles. What are they discussing, national team tactics or match bonus negotiation? grin grin grin It's only in 9ja we hear about this sick joke. Where is the respect and the discipline going to come from? Essien just got hit with a fine of over 3000 pounds for missing a friendly. When last did you hear NFF discipline our players aka THE UNTOUCHABLES? This bunch of average players that consistently have not been named in any credible individual/team football award for about 5 years now? What tournament have they won of recent? Does the teams esp the Super Eagles have any football pattern or do they play kick and follow? What then determines their market value?NFF should stop her bravado and put her house in order vis a vis accountability  before making ridiculous demands seeing no sane sponsor incl MTN will allow the rot continue. Nonsense![/size]
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by Olisa4all: 1:07pm On Dec 11, 2009
i guess nff's waiting 4 mtn to cum up wiv a beta offer. .[color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by dogice(m): 1:18pm On Dec 11, 2009
perhaps they want glo to increase their offer
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by GTay(m): 1:25pm On Dec 11, 2009
Na Wah , So who's the next sponsor shocked
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by ochukoccna: 1:30pm On Dec 11, 2009
Funny thing is NPL have started singing NFF's tune to GLO [also the league sponsor]. isn't this the same NFF who GLO built a new secretariat for as a gift apart from giving them cars? The same NFF whose chairman-Obaseki-  had to cool down when NFF threatened to reveal his financial recklessness & even suspended during the time NPL was involved in muscle flexing with NFF. Though they are more gracious in sharing GLO's largesse with the clubs, it's still a case of monkey dey work, baboon dey chop in their relationship with the clubs.
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by vowiski(m): 2:26pm On Dec 11, 2009
wasting so much on a NFF.?
Words Fails me
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by Olong(m): 2:28pm On Dec 11, 2009
De-branding Nigeria!
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by Ben13: 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2009
MTN can't do better. They better remain with the devil they already know.
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by unclebros: 4:47pm On Dec 11, 2009
Please do not loose sleep!
I am the next Sponsor, and please do not ask me how much am going to drop!
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by kayality: 5:08pm On Dec 11, 2009
Mtn, the most stingy company in Nigeria
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by mbulela: 5:34pm On Dec 11, 2009
MTN might be a stingy company but it is a well run orgnisation.
they are not a one man organisation like GLO that go around dashing money at will.
I am waiting to see whic serious organisation will put his or her money on the table or these bunch of thieves in the NFF.
i billion my foot!!!
those crooks should try harder.
No one but Adenuga will indulge their aimless and clueless stealing.
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by vislabraye(m): 7:53pm On Dec 11, 2009
Those guys in the glass house are bunch of confusionists. How many corporate organizations will be ready to spend 1million for them. They are all rogues, big time criminals. They are not after the good of our league but their pockets, I think EFCC should investigate all of them
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by mrofficial(m): 8:02pm On Dec 11, 2009
Bunch of Thieves!

They are looking for maga!

What are they going to do with the money self? just tell me. Nigeria league today looks like sh|t.

Later they will ask why we value the intl. football than our. When i've not spent all my life in the zoo.

They are just bunch of ants, if you know what i mean.
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by ogbongzky(m): 10:45pm On Dec 11, 2009
WHO SPONSORED SUPER EAGLES IN 1994? , IF THERE CAN BE A GOOD TEAM THEN WTOUT GLO/MTN, AM SURE WE CAN HAVE A BETTER TEAM WTOUT ALL OF THEM, D PROBLEM OF EAGLES IS NOT ABOUT SPONSORSHIP BUT ABOUT THE MANAGEMENT WHO ARE JUST BUNCH OF ******
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by kshow1(m): 1:01am On Dec 12, 2009
FBS:

What will they (NFF) do next?

Run to beg MTN or Etisalat grin grin
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by Nobody: 1:57am On Dec 12, 2009
Do They Need Sponsors to Manage the Manage the Team Successfully?
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by yousouph(m): 6:33am On Dec 12, 2009
There is no serious company that sponsor this NFF except they want re-invest the STOLEN money and estacode they have been getting for travelling to UK to talk to KANU. grin
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by kayality: 4:06pm On Dec 12, 2009
yousouph:

There is no serious company that sponsor this NFF except they want re-invest the STOLEN money and estacode they have been getting for travelling to UK to talk to KANU. grin

LOL
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by slimes(m): 8:52pm On Dec 12, 2009
I wonder why corrruption is everywhere in this our dear country.
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by stede(m): 4:55pm On Dec 14, 2009
slimes:

I wonder why corrruption is everywhere in this our dear country.
it is due to high poverty rate in this country
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by honeric01(m): 8:53pm On Dec 14, 2009
is this sponsorship different from the league sponsorship because glo's still the sponsor for the league at present.
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by mamagee3(f): 2:05am On Dec 15, 2009
yousouph:

grin grin grin
Re: NFF, GLOBACOM Part Ways! by chigo4u: 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2009
Men, glo should spend half of that money they been spending on that rubbish NFL on music, it will yield better results or let them go and ressucitate basketball. Nff are feeling too big that's it and I hate all those millions they have been splashing on them without anything to show. I no dey use glo becasue of those mumu sponsorship of only football

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hilarious Comments Made By The Commentators Of Brazil 1 Germany 7 Match / Final Result Of Yesterday's Ucl Matches / Funny Missing Post About Frank Lampard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.