Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience (43572 Views)

Transsion Phones, Their Supposed Lies And The Major Problem / 8 Things To Avoid Posting On Social Media / 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by kolado(m): 8:28am On Feb 27, 2017
One thing i hate in life is unnecessary attention let alone getting it on social media especially Facebook. I don't want people to have the exceeding expectation that i am doing well even if i am. Nothing destroys a man more exceedingly than unwarranted attention on social media platforms.

4 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by JohnsonOlanre: 8:42am On Feb 27, 2017
DonHummer:
Any one who doesn't know all these is still on a long thing. All my friends doing very well hardly post anything on social media, they might even change their DP once in a year, once you are doing well you don't need an app to show off. money speaks for itself. majority of peeps doing genuinely well even avoid social media to reduce people asking for help cause it's very hard to say no to people in naija, so it's better they avoid it from the beginning before you become that "stingy man".

#TrueTalk
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by tripoli007(m): 8:46am On Feb 27, 2017
Ssalk:

Yes this country is bad now but don't forget we are talking about people living social media fake lifes. Anyway u don't have to give on on this country easily. I believe there will be light at the end of the tunnel. Washing plate in Europe is not a better option trust me.

well different strokes for different folks.. na your opinion be that .. sorry for deviating from the topic .. I just dey vexx
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by henrixx(m): 8:52am On Feb 27, 2017
chronique:
My activities on social media, are 90% business related. Several years ago, I converted my first facebook account to a business account and opened a personal account for myself. I haven't posted or logged into my private facebook page, in over 4/5 years and I have just roughly 60 carefully selected friends there and the account has restrictions cos you can't search me and find me. The one I converted to a business profile, has almost all the notable celebs in the entertainment industry as contacts... Even at that, it's majorly on Nairaland that I get to hear stories about them. The only thing you will see me post on facebook is "2012 Toyota Camry for sale, 2003 Honda accord for sale,etc". Even when I take a picture in a Bentley or Rolls Royce or Range Rover, the next thing that follows it is "for sale". No time for unnecessary rada rada. Anybody that sees me taking pictures in a Bentley or Rolls Royce and rushes to do yahoo or blood money so as to swag up, is on his own. I never said I owned the damn car...lol.

Most people get carried away with other people's lifestyle due to low self esteem. Most of the celebs flossing these days, are peeps I used to know from way back when we were all hustling as upcoming music-preneurs... Some of them doing well now, are peeps who used to beg "bros, give me small change or anything for your boy",etc. Some, just needed a place to shower and keep their luggage back then while they hustle and sleep in the studio like studio rats(i wouldn't mention names) but today, amongst these folks,you'd find top video directors,music producers, etc. Someone might want to ask if I don't feel bad seemingly being left behind and the answer is NO. Rather, I feel some sense of satisfaction of haven contributed in my little ways by way of advice, to some of them.

People should understand that every one has a different clock of success in life,and a different path to success. It's good allow other people's success to challenge you but never get depressed on feel inferior because you think someone is doing better than you. No matter how well you fake it, you can only be a modified version of the original. So why not put that effort into being a true version of you?

For the ladies, please stop going to front of people's houses to snap pictures everyday. Most of you do it and that shit is lame. Used to have these set of fine girls on my street back then, who used to come take pictures in front of my house anytime they dress up to go out. At a point, I got so used to seeing them there and would just walk in quietly like I didn't see nothing. Of course, they must have scammed a lot of dudes that way. At the end, when I see someone uploading pictures taken in front of a gate, I just remember those chicks and smile...

For me, social media is first and foremost for business and after that, we can talk about something else. If you must be active on social media, make sure it is fetching you money. Anything other than that is nonsense.
u just shot urself. Revealing too much positives of ursef.....isssokay and isssorite

now away from you.....hypocrites everywhere. Everyone trying to detest the fakery on social media but many of dem are involved in it...and some by their comments we shall know them.
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 27, 2017
Don't be so busy scrutinizing others on how to life their life that you forget to live yours.

For you to count how many likes another person has you have time on your hands move your life to the next level there's always been real and fake in anything we do really a picture is their memory not yours

My point is fine now that you discovered how real or fake how does that improve the standard of living for everyone or are you just a bit jealous even with their posts person dey answer she's doing iroko offline ok why don't you ask her why she snubbed you.... I really don't get your point here but your subbing her in a public platform

Focus on you and God will elevate you knocking someone will never lift you up
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Alwayson: 9:27am On Feb 27, 2017
Adeoba10:
Very true... That was how i hustled to gather 5k for good two weeks and took my gf to Oluma rock, under the scorching sun, i wore my one and only suit (which I used for my bsc project defense). So i took some nice pix and uploaded it on my fb, the comments flowing in was my friends asking me the name of the company am working for, most of them feeling as if I am P.A to Donald Trump just because i took pix next to G wagon parked at owners risk.
Bobs ur case serious ooo...
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Alwayson: 9:31am On Feb 27, 2017
full handout ..but i read am finish.....
some will even go extent of borrowing cloths and jewelries...to pose #fakelifestyle

4 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by doskie(m): 9:56am On Feb 27, 2017
0955eb027:
I changed dp twice in seven months on FB, and i must confess; the reaction was not something that went down well with me (the likes and the comments).
Just a picture of myself on shirt and tie[no office space or cars in the background o.
Though i am not close to being a social media person, buh i have resolved to stop posting stuffs that has to do with my well being on social media.
If not for anything, going by what the op said it spites some people. Makes them feel less of themselves all thanks to friends posting pictures which is not a true reflection of the happenings in their lives.
Some peeps even go as far as posting pictures of what they eat, while lots of people seeing and liking those pictures are starving.
What we are doing without intent is inviting the evil eye upon ourselves.
Without acting it, the ill feeling will definitely come because what we have with ease, some peeps have struggled their whole life to get it and yet they dont have it.
Let's make a good use of social media without posting the finer details of our lives day in day out..
are you a Muslim?

1 Like

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by nkemdi89(f): 10:02am On Feb 27, 2017
luminouz:

Babe babe! grin
Don't mind doz fb showoffs! U go marry this year!
Hey hey hey thanks for the love.
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by 0955eb027(m): 10:21am On Feb 27, 2017
doskie:
are you a Muslim?
Yes i am. Why do you ask?
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by doskie(m): 10:29am On Feb 27, 2017
0955eb027:

Yes i am. Why do you ask?
you said the evil eye.
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 27, 2017
When 80% thinks social media is an avenue to show off,,, Mona liv dem oh dey get time grin,

Who gives a bleep shocked

1 Like

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Rick9(m): 11:09am On Feb 27, 2017
I stopped taking Social Media seriously since time immemorial, seeing some friends snapping all the dope pics you would start feeling so down.
But then I told myself I won't allow these social media whatever get to me, I will keep hustling and I know by personal conviction that bad as it gets I will eventually make it.
So social media is social media, reality is what am interested in,

That's why sometimes I browse Facebook with my images off, So that I don't get to see some bullshiit

6 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by 0955eb027(m): 11:58am On Feb 27, 2017
doskie:
you said the evil eye.
I never knew it has anything to do with islam.
Had to Google the phrase 'evil eye'.
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Coldfeets: 12:04pm On Feb 27, 2017
kevoh:
I care less about what others post on social media. Even if the appearances they are trying to keep with their pictures are real and not lies, all that matters to me is keeping my bank account healthy always. No one will keep it steadily healthy for me undecided .

If all you care about is how to keep your bank account healthy then you are no too different from those social media freaks you guys are demonizing.

Money controls you just like putting up a wealthy appearance controls the social media freaks.

My point is there are so many other interesting things in life that are much better than accumulating money in the bank or accumulating likes on Facebook.

Open your eyes and your mind.

2 Likes

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by gloshennel: 12:20pm On Feb 27, 2017
you have said it all
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by kevoh(m): 12:26pm On Feb 27, 2017
Coldfeets:

If all you care about is how to keep your bank account healthy then you are no too different from those social media freaks you guys are demonizing.

Money controls you just like putting up a wealthy appearance controls the social media freaks.

My point is there are so many other interesting things in life that are much better than accumulating money in the bank or accumulating likes on Facebook.

Open your eyes and your mind.
Maybe you should read my post five times and understand it before clicking the quote button and mentioning me.

When one cares less about the actions of others, where in your dictionary does that translate to demonizing biko?

Secondly, nowhere in my previous posts did I clearly state that money does not drive my motives. I like money, if you like or you don't like it, that's your cup of tea. If you want to showcase the things that you feel are better than money on facebook, then I CARE LESS about those posts too so long it does not affect my account.

Care less = Don't give a f*ck= Not my concern!

1 Like

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by doskie(m): 2:29pm On Feb 27, 2017
0955eb027:

I never knew it has anything to do with islam.
Had to Google the phrase 'evil eye'.
wow... You never knew? Hope you don't intend sarcasm.
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by 0955eb027(m): 5:49pm On Feb 27, 2017
doskie:
wow... You never knew? Hope you don't intend sarcasm.
For real.. I never knew o.
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by NaijaElba(m): 6:17pm On Feb 27, 2017
God bless you @OP for this beautiful piece you put up here...I have nothing to type or say as regards it.....most of the people that commented on it have expressed my mind. God bless you!

1 Like

Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by doskie(m): 7:19pm On Feb 27, 2017
0955eb027:

For real.. I never knew o.
lol... There is a prayer against the evil eye. I personally do not put my pictures on fb and whatsapp. I do my life ob lowkey.
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by master69(m): 7:34am On Aug 28, 2017
100Cents:

You mean they should convert their Facebook and Instagram likes into cash ?
Yes ooo if dey can do it....good for dem, not to be forming swag and be begging for money.
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by salesforce: 8:13am On Aug 28, 2017
Learner
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by KingRabota: 6:05pm On May 15, 2020
Re: The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience by Emmaway(m): 9:30pm On May 15, 2020
You deserve an accolade �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Airtel Free Megabytes, Get 200MB Without Paying A Dine / Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / Which Network Is Currently Making You Feel Very Happy On Internet Access?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.