Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,568 members, 7,812,839 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Breaking News: US President, Trump Bans New York Times, CNN, LAT From Briefing - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Breaking News: US President, Trump Bans New York Times, CNN, LAT From Briefing (509 Views)

Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us / Donald Trump Bans Diego Maradona From Entering US "For Insulting Trump On TV" / Protest Across US Airports As Trump Bans 7 Muslim Majority Nations (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: US President, Trump Bans New York Times, CNN, LAT From Briefing by exlinkleads(f): 8:55am On Feb 25, 2017
US President, Donald Trump have really beaten more than he can chew this time as he barred New York Times, CNN and other media outfits from attending Friday White House briefing, citing an escalation in the relationship between the media and the young Trump administration.

Trump has been attacking the US media, deriding them as purveyors of ‘fake news’, ‘dishonest media’ and so on and had disputed several accounts published by the media since he was sworn in on 20th January, 2017.

Not trusting how they would treat his story, Trump last week addressed a rally in Florida. Just today, Trump in Twitter posts blasted the FBI for not tracing the source of a leak of his administration’s links to Russia. The story was published by CNN on Thursday. According to a report by Daily Beast, journalists have expressed outrage at today’s unusual move by the White House.

The Associated Press and Time magazine reportedly boycotted the briefing as a result of the ban of NYT and CNN. White House spokesman, Spicer reportedly allowed sympathetic outlets into the gaggle—an informal question-and-answer session between a press secretary and journalists—including the Washington Times, Breitbart, all Republican and conservative organs and One America News Network.

Jeff Mason, the president of the White House Correspondents’ Association, said the consortium of reporters will “strongly protest” the move and further discuss it with White House press staffers. “This is an unacceptable development by the Trump White House,” CNN said in a statement.:

“Apparently this is how they retaliate when you report facts they don’t like. We’ll keep reporting regardless.”

Dean Baquet, executive editor of The New York Times, issued a similar statement:

“Nothing like this has ever happened at the White House in our long history of covering multiple administrations of different parties. We strongly protest the exclusion of The New York Times and the other news organisations. Free media access to a transparent government is obviously of crucial national interest.”

Earlier today, Trump had said he was not against the American media. In a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Maryland, Trump said in spite of his criticism of certain U.S. media organisations, he is not against the fourth estate of the realm.

In Trumps words:

“I’m not against the press; I don’t mind bad stories if I deserve them and I tell you, I love good stories, but we won’t. I don’t get too many of them. “They are very dishonest people; in fact, in covering my comments, the dishonest media did not explain that I called the fake news the enemy of the people – the fake news.

“They dropped off the word ‘fake’ and all of the sudden, the story became, the media is the enemy; they take the word ‘fake’ out, and now I’m saying, oh, no, this is no good. But that’s the way they are. So I’m not against the media.

Read complete article below...

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/02/breaking-news-us-president-trump-bans.html

cc: lalasticlala dominique mynd44 missyb3

Re: Breaking News: US President, Trump Bans New York Times, CNN, LAT From Briefing by exlinkleads(f): 8:56am On Feb 25, 2017
what is happening to America?
Re: Breaking News: US President, Trump Bans New York Times, CNN, LAT From Briefing by madridguy(m): 8:58am On Feb 25, 2017
Ok
Re: Breaking News: US President, Trump Bans New York Times, CNN, LAT From Briefing by Emycord: 9:04am On Feb 25, 2017
Purveyors of fake news seems buhari trump call is covered by that statement! Hey dont give me that white house confirmation story why dont white house also confirm the south africa's call
Re: Breaking News: US President, Trump Bans New York Times, CNN, LAT From Briefing by TheFreeOne: 9:08am On Feb 25, 2017
Those purveyors of "FAKE NEWS" has been on Trumps jugular before and after the establishment lost the elections.

They made themselves intentionally bereft of constructive criticism of the new government.

They are just a bunch 'PHD' sissy losers apologists.
Re: Breaking News: US President, Trump Bans New York Times, CNN, LAT From Briefing by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 25, 2017
Fake news Donald (Look at what's happening in Sweden last night grin ) accuses the media of fake news? Oh the irony!

Donald, you promised to release your tax returns? Where are they? LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE! grin

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: US President, Trump Bans New York Times, CNN, LAT From Briefing by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 25, 2017
exlinkleads:
what is happening to America?

It's becoming Russia. wink
Re: Breaking News: US President, Trump Bans New York Times, CNN, LAT From Briefing by Outofsync(m): 11:32am On Feb 25, 2017
undecided

Mr "grab them by the pussy" can't handle a lil media criticism... How telling undecided

Anyone who supports the move yet shout blue murder when DSS invades newspapers is a fucking hypocrite undecided

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: US President, Trump Bans New York Times, CNN, LAT From Briefing by Outofsync(m): 11:33am On Feb 25, 2017
Mindfulness:

It's becoming Russia. wink
Don't even dare compare President Putin to trump.
Trump is Putin's bitch anyday anytime grin
Re: Breaking News: US President, Trump Bans New York Times, CNN, LAT From Briefing by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 25, 2017
Outofsync:

Don't even dare compare President Putin to trump.

Trump is Putin's bitch anyday anytime grin

gringrin

(1) (Reply)

President Donald Trump Attacks CNN In Wrestling. Must Watch! / People Want The Twitter Employee Who Deleted Donald Trump's Account To Win Nobel / Trumps Big Fight Against The New World Order Protagonists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.