Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,419 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

How To Start A Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Start A Website (1253 Views)

How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible / A First Hand Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog In Nigeria / 5 Reasons Why You Should Start A Web Hosting Company In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start A Website by Sambaby7640: 7:59pm On Feb 25, 2017
Goodday nairaland,am planning on starting a soccer prediction site but dont know how to go about it.Things like webhosting and design are new to me and also how much it would cost.someone should help.
Re: How To Start A Website by Dmayor7(m): 5:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
Sambaby7640:
Goodday nairaland,am planning on starting a soccer prediction site but dont know how to go about it.Things like webhosting and design are new to me and also how much it would cost.someone should help.

I hope you are ready for this?

Alright, starting from hosting.

A good hosting should be able to give you at lest 98% server uptime. I advice you go for a hosting service that is very good and has a responding customer care.

I use namecheap and will recommend that for you.

Also, a shared hosting from namecheap will not be the best option for you because betting site normally get insane traffics.

I advise you start with shared hosting if you are low on budget and migrate to higher packages ones traffics keeps going up.

Then the design.

Sincerely, you may want a robust and easy to use website.

I recommend going with a self-hosted WordPress site because WordPress is still the best management cms around. With a large lively community of users.

Then you must make your website responsive.

Why?

Because everything is going mobile. People that will bet on your site are not going to use their laptops or desktops. They are going to access your site on the go anywhere they are.

Also, Google have made it a mandatory that they won't be showing websites that are not mobile responsive on their search pages.

Which means you will miss out on page ranking and traffics.

Also, a movie responsive site increases visitors stay and return visits.

Enough of responsiveness. You can get cool mobile responsive themes that will match a betting site from mythemeshop.

I use them and highly recommend them.

Then you can get the service of a web developer to program a betting script for you or you can still buy premium betting plugins to transform your site to a full fledged betting site.

Then you are set to go.

You add a blog to your site because it helps in building up loyal and regular visitors.

Now coming to the estimated cost.

A hosting plus domain name on namecheap will cost you around 18,000 naira

Then a self hosted WordPress costs you 0 naira

A mobile responsive theme will cost you around 23,000 naira. (You can contact me for a coupon)

A betting script or plugin will cost around 20,000 naira

In total, you are to budget around 70 to 85 thousand naira for the whole thing.

Yea, you can reduce cost by getting a free theme and making use of a dead cheap hosting and seeking out free betting scripts online.

But you have to know this.

Free themes are free because they are limited, they are made free to frustrate you into buying the premium version if you really want to scale up your website.

Dead cheap hosting services does so at the expense of quality. You will experience constant downtime and thus loose potential visitors.

Worst still is free hosting. They can set up adverts on your website without your consent. They may decide to close down without notice, resulting in loosing all you struggled hard to build.

Free premium themes or scripts offered online can be nullified and injected with trojan viruses which when you install it on your site, it can give the author access to your site admin, resulting in loosing access to your site. In other scenario, your site can be used for cross browser attacks on other sites by the author of the virus. Or worst still, if your site is integrated with an online payment system, the virus can snoop and collect peoples codes and MasterCard numbers without you knowing.

To avoid all this, I advise you take a moment and ask yourself whether want to do this. Then do it to the best taste!

For hosting and domain go to [url="https://affiliate.namecheap.com/?affId=77718"]namecheap[/url]

For mobile responsive themes go to mythemeshop

For a web designer to program the script or help you from top down through out the whole process - - I am at your service via 08175765974 or darlingtonokafor@gmail.com

Today, betting, especially football betting is going gaga round young people in naija and it is really a lucrative business to start now than later.
Re: How To Start A Website by Sambaby7640: 6:39pm On Mar 04, 2017
God bless your soul bro.what of how to monetize it.Also am talking about prediction site like soccervista not betting site like bet9ja.
Re: How To Start A Website by basil02: 9:44pm On Mar 04, 2017
For Bulksms website, get sms portal creator version 3 High Earner for joomla 1.5, 2.5, 3.0...for #1000. screan shots are there for u to check out. call 07061923392

Re: How To Start A Website by pauljumbo: 11:02pm On Mar 04, 2017
You have said it all
How ever you can start from social media and build a website later

Dmayor7:

I hope you are ready for this?

Alright, starting from hosting.

A good hosting should be able to give you at lest 98% server uptime. I advice you go for a hosting service that is very good and has a responding customer care.

I use namecheap and will recommend that for you.

Also, a shared hosting from namecheap will not be the best option for you because betting site normally get insane traffics.

I advise you start with shared hosting if you are low on budget and migrate to higher packages ones traffics keeps going up.

Then the design.

Sincerely, you may want a robust and easy to use website.

I recommend going with a self-hosted WordPress site because WordPress is still the best management cms around. With a large lively community of users.

Then you must make your website responsive.

Why?

Because everything is going mobile. People that will bet on your site are not going to use their laptops or desktops. They are going to access your site on the go anywhere they are.

Also, Google have made it a mandatory that they won't be showing websites that are not mobile responsive on their search pages.

Which means you will miss out on page ranking and traffics.

Also, a movie responsive site increases visitors stay and return visits.

Enough of responsiveness. You can get cool mobile responsive themes that will match a betting site from mythemeshop.

I use them and highly recommend them.

Then you can get the service of a web developer to program a betting script for you or you can still buy premium betting plugins to transform your site to a full fledged betting site.

Then you are set to go.

You add a blog to your site because it helps in building up loyal and regular visitors.

Now coming to the estimated cost.

A hosting plus domain name on namecheap will cost you around 18,000 naira

Then a self hosted WordPress costs you 0 naira

A mobile responsive theme will cost you around 23,000 naira. (You can contact me for a coupon)

A betting script or plugin will cost around 20,000 naira

In total, you are to budget around 70 to 85 thousand naira for the whole thing.

Yea, you can reduce cost by getting a free theme and making use of a dead cheap hosting and seeking out free betting scripts online.

But you have to know this.

Free themes are free because they are limited, they are made free to frustrate you into buying the premium version if you really want to scale up your website.

Dead cheap hosting services does so at the expense of quality. You will experience constant downtime and thus loose potential visitors.

Worst still is free hosting. They can set up adverts on your website without your consent. They may decide to close down without notice, resulting in loosing all you struggled hard to build.

Free premium themes or scripts offered online can be nullified and injected with trojan viruses which when you install it on your site, it can give the author access to your site admin, resulting in loosing access to your site. In other scenario, your site can be used for cross browser attacks on other sites by the author of the virus. Or worst still, if your site is integrated with an online payment system, the virus can snoop and collect peoples codes and MasterCard numbers without you knowing.

To avoid all this, I advise you take a moment and ask yourself whether want to do this. Then do it to the best taste!

For hosting and domain go to [url="https://affiliate.namecheap.com/?affId=77718"]namecheap[/url]

For mobile responsive themes go to mythemeshop

For a web designer to program the script or help you from top down through out the whole process - - I am at your service via 08175765974 or darlingtonokafor@gmail.com

Today, betting, especially football betting is going gaga round young people in naija and it is really a lucrative business to start now than later.
Re: How To Start A Website by Dmayor7(m): 11:30am On Mar 07, 2017
pauljumbo:
You have said it all
How ever you can start from social media and build a website later

Yea, you can always start from anywhere. But bear in mind that social media is not your own platform and they might one day decide you have broke there rules and delete your account from their system.

A better way to start is getting an email campaign running via MailChimp or any email marketing service of your choice.

Kudos.
Re: How To Start A Website by GodaddyCoupon: 5:03am On Apr 15, 2017
You can also use https://domainhostcoupon.com/stores/namecheap-com to get the Godaddy Code, which currently has $ 7.99 code when buying domain .com or .net.
Re: How To Start A Website by Dmayor7(m): 9:21pm On Sep 03, 2017
Read this awesome article at www.w3programs.com and believe me, you will have your own website in Less time than you think..

Why?

Because the article is straight to the point, easy to digest, and will lead you hand in hand to the final step.
Re: How To Start A Website by Dmayor7(m): 10:25pm On Sep 03, 2017
Sambaby7640:
God bless your soul bro.what of how to monetize it.Also am talking about prediction site like soccervista not betting site like bet9ja.

Sorry for my very late reply...

Am just seeing this now....

Well, you can monetize it via

Advert placements (AdSense, content.ad, traditional adverts)

Sponsored posts.

Affiliate marketing (selling game tickets or game equipments an accessories)

It's up to you to choose which one works best for you.

(1) (Reply)

Submit Your URL For Review [first 100 Urls] / Good Web Designer In Ph / Monetizing My New Blog With Ads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.