Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,363 members, 7,843,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? (3654 Views)

Khafi Kareem: I Was Raped. Why I Didn't Report My Rapist / Outrage As 70-Year-Old Rapist Is Jailed For 2 Days In Sierra Leone / My Primary School Teacher And My Rape Story - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by wizod(m): 9:46pm On Feb 28, 2017
Darima300:

I can't explain everything please.
Just know I fought him with my whole strength but at last he over powered me. He has been begging me ever since then and well,I tried to forget about it. But my anger is that he still wants me. I hate him

forgive him but don't hv anything 2 do wit him again
Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by Darima300: 10:11pm On Feb 28, 2017
Ishilove:

Where did the assault take place?

His friend's place.
Then his friend travelled to Abuja while the girlfriend was around. Before she left the room that night I tried explaining things to her as lady2lady but it seem her mind was already bought. Well,the deed has already been done and I give myself a larger part of the blame because I trusted him more than he deserved.
Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by Ishilove: 10:16pm On Feb 28, 2017
Darima300:

His friend's place.
Then his friend travelled to Abuja while the girlfriend was around. Before she left the room that night I tried explaining things to her as lady2lady but it seem her mind was already bought. Well,the deed has already been done and I give myself a larger part of the blame because I trusted him more than he deserved.
You have no blame. The monster forced himself on you.

Are you going to keep allowing him have power over your peace of mind?
Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by Darima300: 10:21pm On Feb 28, 2017
anonimi:

There should be ways of recording his calls and playing back to him so he knows you will expose him if he attempts to call or come near you again.
I imagine that he is married, much older than you are and with children since he is a friend to your uncle.

Of course,I recorded our conversation but I mistakenly deleted it yesterday.#sad
He's 29 and not married.

1 Like

Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by Darima300: 10:29pm On Feb 28, 2017
Ishilove:
You have no blame. The monster forced himself on you.
Are you going to keep allowing him have power over your peace of mind?
You're absolutely right.
No,I won't let him have power over my peace of mind again. Never! Not anymore!
Thank you so much,I feel better now.

1 Like

Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by Ishilove: 10:37pm On Feb 28, 2017
Darima300:

You're absolutely right.

No,I won't let him have power over my peace of mind again.
Never! Not anymore!

Thank you so much,I feel better now.
That is comforting to know. Now the ball is in your court. smiley kiss

Whatever decision you choose, remember that he must not be allowed to do to other girls what he did to you.

1 Like

Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by Darima300: 10:38pm On Feb 28, 2017
wizod:

forgive him but don't hv anything 2 do wit him again

Ok,I'll

But is it really advisable for me to work with him in the same company? Since he has a say in the said company? Please someone should talk sense into my head.
Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by anonimi: 10:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
Darima300:
Of course,I recorded our conversation but I mistakenly deleted it yesterday.#sad
He's 29 and not married.

He will surely call again.
You need to google how to transfer your recorded call to a flash drive etc as a back up copy and let him know you have that to share if he ever DISTURBS you with his call one more time.
There can not be any soft approach to dealing with RA.PE.
No soft approach even as you desire to avoid the risk of being stigmatised due to the abortion although I think that once you have the recorded conversation that should include admission of the earlier act then you should share with your mum and/or sister, who are likely to be more secretive while being sympathetic with you.
However, I do not understand the 12 year reference in your OP?

1 Like

Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by Darima300: 10:44pm On Feb 28, 2017
Ishilove:

That is comforting to know. Now the ball is in your court. smiley kiss

Whatever decision you choose, remember that he must not be allowed to do to other girls what he did to you.

Ok ma'am

Please check my previous posts>>the one I quoted that guy. Thanks
Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by Darima300: 10:51pm On Feb 28, 2017
anonimi:

He will surely call again.
You need to google how to transfer your recorded call to a flash drive etc as a back up copy and let him know you have that to share if he ever DISTURBS you with his call one more time.
There can not be any soft approach to dealing with RA.PE.
No soft approach even as you desire to avoid the risk of being stigmatised due to the abortion although I think that once you have the recorded conversation that should include admission of the earlier act then you should share with your mum and/or sister, who are likely to be more secretive while being sympathetic with you.
However, I do not understand the 12 year reference in your OP?

Ok sir,I'll check it up.
Btw,I've blacklisted his number.
12yrs reference I made? Well,I was pretty young then. He started stalking during my junior level.
Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by Ishilove: 10:53pm On Feb 28, 2017
Darima300:

Ok,I'll

But is it really advisable for me to work with him in the same company? Since he has a say in the said company? Please someone should talk sense into my head.
How can you think of moving on with your life when the one who has caused you so much unhappiness will still be around you? Do you want to ever cut off from this guy? STAY FAR AWAY FROM HIM!

If your parents or anyone pesters you to join the company, just tell them that your uncle's friend is a terrible person and you don't want to be affiliated to him in anyway.

Personally though, I think you're too soft.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by anonimi: 10:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
Darima300:
Ok sir,I'll check it up.
12yrs reference I made? Well,I was pretty young then. He started stalking during my junior level.

That was the first mistake.
You should have reported him to your mum at the first sign of stalking.
Most rapes are committed by KNOWN, even friendly people/ relations.
If he is 29 and your uncle's friend but started stalking you 12 years ago when you were in junior level (university?), that means you are about the same age?

1 Like

Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by anonimi: 11:05pm On Feb 28, 2017
Ishilove:
It is when you have confronted this terrible man that you will have the grace to forgive him and move on with your life. As long as he still keeps on coming back and making a mockery of your dignity then you will NEVER be happy.

@ OP,

Please note the highlighted.
It is the koko of the matter/

1 Like

Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by Darima300: 11:10pm On Feb 28, 2017
Ishilove:

How can you think of moving on with your life when the one who has caused you so much unhappiness will still be around you? Do you want to ever cut off from this guy? STAY FAR AWAY FROM HIM!

If your parents or anyone pesters you to join the company, just tell them that your uncle's friend is a terrible person and you don't want to be affiliated to him in anyway.

Personally though, I think you're too soft.

Take it gently with me please. To be candid with you,I gave that offer a serious thought. No doubt,the pay is pretty good BUT whenever I think of my sad experience with that monster my world seems to collapse. But from all your advices here believe me, I'm left with no option but to flee from him.

Sadly,your last sentence is nothing but the truth

1 Like

Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by Darima300: 11:26pm On Feb 28, 2017
anonimi:

That was the first mistake.
You should have reported him to your mum at the first sign of stalking.
Most rapes are committed by KNOWN, even friendly people/ relations.
If he is 29 and your uncle's friend but started stalking you 12 years ago when you were in junior level (university?), that means you are about the same age?

Just a little age difference. I was in junior school then and I only get to see my parents during holidays.
I was blind not to have known it would lead to this. If not,I would have informed my uncle.

1 Like

Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by Darima300: 11:30pm On Feb 28, 2017
anonimi:

@ OP,
Please note the highlighted. It is the koko of the matter/
Thank you so much
I'm stronger now

1 Like

Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by tunde1200(m): 1:31am On Mar 01, 2017
hmmm how could a reasonable man raped.
get over it asap op if you cannot report the monster to authority.
Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by Ishilove: 7:32am On Mar 01, 2017
Darima300:

Ok sir,I'll check it up.
Quite a pervert, he is.
Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by Darima300: 11:24am On Mar 01, 2017
Ishilove:

Quite a pervert, he is.

He really is.

It is customary that when a man faces turbulence in life's way,good neighbours like you and others are always on hand to console and give useful pieces of advice.
Before now,I was thinking where my dying soul would find solace due to the numerous woes hanging down my neck. In fact,it got to an extent where I concluded that the sky and the ground no longer needs my tenancy.
I was sliding towards self destruct.
But today,I have enlist myself in the match of the bold men and I believe that someday,not far from hence,the good side of life will again attend to my fortune.
Happy New Month

3 Likes

Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by Darima300: 11:45am On Mar 01, 2017
tunde1200:
hmmm how could a reasonable man raped. get over it asap op if you cannot report the monster to authority.
I've gotten over it friend.

1 Like

Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by ephi123(f): 8:58pm On Mar 01, 2017
ezugegere:
As long as he didn't carry weapon, you didn't fight enough. No man can rape u without weapons. Or did he tie u up?

Smh. With this kind of thinking, I am just weak. Do you realize men are physically stronger than women?
Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
Darima300:

I wish I could.
But what about my parents? What will I tell them? The pregnancy? How would they feel if they gets to find out? Just tell me please
Don't tell your parents.God knows best,take heart ma but if the bastard keep coming back then you'll have to do something about it(don't stab him).Wait is he mad?I think you have to warn him seriously or just look for a female soldier that'll help you to warn him.Remain blessed God loves you
Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 01, 2017
ezugegere:
As long as he didn't carry weapon, you didn't fight enough. No man can rape u without weapons. Or did he tie u up?
I think you're high......sir.Is she queen amina?i don't blame you sir

1 Like

Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by ezugegere(m): 11:23pm On Mar 02, 2017
ephi123:

Smh. With this kind of thinking, I am just weak. Do you realize men are physically stronger than women?

Men are physically stronger doesn't mean you can rape an uncooperating woman. I'm personally going to teach my daughters how to handle a rapist. No man can rape a woman unless she cooperate, i mean as long as the man is not armed and didn’t succeed in tying up the woman.
Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by EASYSHO: 7:16am On Mar 03, 2017
Hunnnnn, first I have two advices, dont ever take your life for him to live and still rape several pple after u have died and second, dont ever try to take his life under any condition that will not put you at rest for d rest of your life. What I can deduce from you is that u lack one thing which is being far from your parent at d tender age. Solution, call your mum and explain to her. She is next to you for now and now eraze all that have happened from your mind. REMEMBER everything has been destined so, u can never be smarter than your destiny. Cheer up and enjoy the rest of your life. We have seen worst than this my dear, your is not new and I pray you become a great achiever in life. Would have wish I discussed on personal note if u are in lag
Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by Darima300: 4:50pm On Mar 10, 2017
EASYSHO:
Hunnnnn, first I have two advices, dont ever take your life for him to live and still rape several pple after u have died and second, dont ever try to take his life under any condition that will not put you at rest for d rest of your life. What I can deduce from you is that u lack one thing which is being far from your parent at d tender age. Solution, call your mum and explain to her. She is next to you for now and now eraze all that have happened from your mind. REMEMBER everything has been destined so, u can never be smarter than your destiny. Cheer up and enjoy the rest of your life. We have seen worst than this my dear, your is not new and I pray you become a great achiever in life. Would have wish I discussed on personal note if u are in lag

Thanks sir.

I'm in PH now
Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by Darima300: 4:53pm On Mar 10, 2017
ephi123:

You shouldn't have replied him.
Re: How can I recover from my rape experience when the rapist is still around? by whywhyogun: 9:07pm On Mar 10, 2017
what the fvck is this woman? why she needs attention so much?

if she is not a troll, if she is sane, she should feel ashamed of being raped, and she would accordingly be silent.

yes, she is a victim

but does this justify that she should yell her hole being penetrated violently?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blackaxe Vs Vigilantes One Burnt Alive In Anambra The Full Story - PHOTO / Female Student Performs MouthAction On Her Classmate In South Africa (18+) / Lions Attack Villagers In Zimbabwe - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.