₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,333,220 members, 5,162,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2019 at 10:21 PM

Life As A Consultant... - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Life As A Consultant... (2750 Views)

Be A Consultant And Get Paid Monthly / My Life As A Teacher. / How To Become A Consultant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life As A Consultant... by Marxxx: 10:10am On Sep 08
Scholar94:
Lol..seems no one know Mr @Marxxx whereabouts..If.
People do know...trust me when I say so.
Re: Life As A Consultant... by Scholar94(m): 5:02pm On Sep 08
Hello Mr Maxx. Long time. I have been looking for you since like tomorrow no dey. I just realized now say na u even quote me now grin. I need your help ni sir
Marxxx:
People do know...trust me when I say so.
Re: Life As A Consultant... by Marxxx: 7:28pm On Sep 08
Scholar94:
Hello Mr Maxx. Long time. I have been looking for you since like tomorrow no dey. I just realized now say na u even quote me now grin. I need your help ni sir
hello scholar94 I trust you are good? sorry for not being around much. I hope I can provide satisfactory answers to your challenge...
Re: Life As A Consultant... by Scholar94(m): 9:48pm On Sep 08
Yes o. Thank you.

A short background of myself

I am a recent graduate with cool academic background and seriously eyeing consulting, McKinsey specifically. I finished my NYSC a month ago. while I was still serving I applied for McKinsey ylp got to PST stage but due to poor preparation and inexperience, I was dinged after the test. Sometime around July, I emailed the hr about my eligibility to apply for business analyst role, and was told that I'm very much eligible and should send my application early next year as the role I'm intending to apply for has been fully subscribed to this year.

Why am I looking for you actually?

1. Right now, I have read Case in point, case interview secret (with Loms) and up to 2 business school case books. However reading case book and having live cases are two different things. So I need your help in this regards

2. Apart from my ability to solve case, pass PST what are other things that matter in getting an offer at McKinsey?

3. I'm a nerd and somewhat introverted. Would this count against me if I eventually get in?

4. My background as a graduate was not too impressive and most time when I go on LinkedIn to check the calibre of people working at Mck, I got scared. Pls say something on this

5. And lastly, Can you pls mentor me?

Marxxx:
hello scholar94 I trust you are good? sorry for not being around much. I hope I can provide satisfactory answers to your challenge...
Re: Life As A Consultant... by Marxxx: 9:48pm On Sep 09
Scholar94:
Yes o. Thank you.

I am a recent graduate with cool academic background and seriously eyeing consulting, McKinsey specifically. I finished my NYSC a month ago. while I was still serving I applied for McKinsey ylp got to PST stage but due to poor preparation and inexperience, I was dinged after the test. Sometime around July, I emailed the hr about my eligibility to apply for business analyst role, and was told that I'm very much eligible and should send my application early next year as the role I'm intending to apply for has been fully subscribed to this year.

1. Right now, I have read Case in point, case interview secret (with Loms) and up to 2 business school case books. However reading case book and having live cases are two different things. So I need your help in this regards

2. Apart from my ability to solve case, pass PST what are other things that matter in getting an offer at McKinsey?

3. I'm a nerd and somewhat introverted. Would this count against me if I eventually get in?

4. My background as a graduate was not too impressive and most time when I go on LinkedIn to check the calibre of people working at Mck, I got scared. Pls say something on this

let me say you are doing good. To be quite frank, problem solving comes natural. The main hurdle in case interview are " mental arithmetic " and ability to understand the case. Q1: you have read a lot on case interviews, now you should know your strengths and weaknesses. Q2: Ability to answer interview questions with convincing scenarios especially how you managed a difficult situation and people above you at your previous workplace or community or school projects (McKinsey loves this basic interview qstn) Q3: Not at all you will do just fine. Q4: There are incredibly smart people at Mck, trust me but you will do just fine if you believe you can. Let me tell you, there was a BA (though she was new) who couldn't open an Xcel file then. grin but she did just fine before leaving for the industry. I hope you can open Xcel files wink? Q5: I am sorry I may not be able to, I am often unavailable. You can try other industries like investment banking, Finance or Advisory firms and join Mck later as an experience hire. Good luck!....
Re: Life As A Consultant... by Liamzzybaba(m): 2:17pm On Sep 11
Scholar94:
Yes o. Thank you.

Hi Scholar94,trust you are good.
Pls can you assist me with the textbooks you used for your PST stage,if they are soft copies? Thanks a lot.
Re: Life As A Consultant... by jashar(f): 6:40am On Sep 12
Marxxx:
Hello! I am here, I trust you are good? Happy new week! I did miss you too

Yoooouuuuu....how are you doing? How's the treatment? How's your sis and niece? Trust you're keeping your head up smiley
Re: Life As A Consultant... by Scholar94(m): 9:09pm On Sep 17
Ohh. I have been offline some days now for some reasons. Thank you so much for this...really appreciate. That part that the girl could not open excel file cracked me up tho grin...Yea. I really understand that you won't have time on your side but considering the fact the you hardly come here these days, how about just getting ur contact (email or phone) so I can reach when I have pressing question to ask?...
Marxxx:
let me say you are doing good. To be quite frank, problem solving comes natural. The main hurdle in case interview are " mental arithmetic " and ability to understand the case. Q1: you have read a lot on case interviews, now you should know your strengths and weaknesses. Q2: Ability to answer interview questions with convincing scenarios especially how you managed a difficult situation and people above you at your previous workplace or community or school projects (McKinsey loves this basic interview qstn) Q3: Not at all you will do just fine. Q4: There are incredibly smart people at Mck, trust me but you will do just fine if you believe you can. Let me tell you, there was a BA (though she was new) who couldn't open an Xcel file then. grin but she did just fine before leaving for the industry. I hope you can open Xcel files wink? Q5: I am sorry I may not be able to, I am often unavailable. You can try other industries like investment banking, Finance or Advisory firms and join Mck later as an experience hire. Good luck!....
Re: Life As A Consultant... by Scholar94(m): 9:11pm On Sep 17
Hello Liamzzybaba...yea sure I can share them with you. They are all soft copies. DM or drop your email here
Liamzzybaba:
Hi Scholar94,trust you are good.
Pls can you assist me with the textbooks you used for your PST stage,if they are soft copies? Thanks a lot.
Re: Life As A Consultant... by Liamzzybaba(m): 5:22pm
Scholar94:
Hello Liamzzybaba...yea sure I can share them with you. They are all soft copies. DM or drop your email here
Thank you sooo much ...iv sent you a DM.. is***48@gmail

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best Part Time Online Income Earning Program / Redundancy: Implications? / Why You Should Never Get A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.