Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,564 members, 7,955,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:43 PM

Re:Is God Really Worth Forgiving, Let's Take A Look At Crimes He Committed Part2 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Re:Is God Really Worth Forgiving, Let's Take A Look At Crimes He Committed Part2 (509 Views)

Does God Really Answer Prayers? / Re:Is God Really Worth Forgiving, Let's Take A Look At Crimes He Committed Part1 / Is God Really Worth Forgiving, Let's Take A Look At Crimes He Committed In Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re:Is God Really Worth Forgiving, Let's Take A Look At Crimes He Committed Part2 by luvmijeje(f): 5:54pm On Feb 26, 2017
This is the concluding part of my rejoinder to the lies, half truth and aspersions cast on God. If you missed the part 1 below is the link:
https://www.nairaland.com/3650162/re-god-really-worth-forgiving
And this is the link to the lies and half truth against God posted by obinna58:
https://www.nairaland.com/3637409/god-really-worth-forgiving-lets
So let's start... .. .. .

11. A tribe slaughtered and their virgins raped for not showing up at roll call.
In Judges 21:1-23, a tribe of Israelites misses roll call, so the other Israelites kill them all except for the virgins, which they take for themselves. Still not happy, they hide in vineyards and pounce on dancing women from Shiloh to take them for themselves.

So how was it God's fault? Did God command them to do it? This is another outright lie against God. Judges 21: 4-5

4 Early the next day the people built an altar and presented burnt offerings and fellowship offerings.
5 Then the Israelites asked, “Who from all the tribes of Israel has failed to assemble before the LORD?” For they had taken a solemn oath that anyone who failed to assemble before the LORD at Mizpah was to be put to death.

They took another an oath upon themselves meaning they took decision with their own hands. Before then there has been alot of intra tribal fighting between the tribes of Isreal. That's another topic on it's own.

12. 3,000 crushed to death.
In Judges 16:27-30, God gives Samson strength to bring down a building to crush 3,000 members of a rival tribe.
Hmmmmm, please let's judge the case in Judges 16:28-30

28 Then Samson prayed to the Lord, “Sovereign Lord, remember me. Please, God, strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes.” 29 Then Samson reached toward the two central pillars on which the temple stood. Bracing himself against them, his right hand on the one and his left hand on the other, 30 Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines!” Then he pushed with all his might, and down came the temple on the rulers and all the people in it. Thus he killed many more when he died than while he lived.

The people he killed removed his two eyes and he died with them. The gift God gave Samson was suppose to be used to delivered Israel from the hands of the Philippines who were terrorizing Isreal but what derailed the ministry of Samson...... Women. How was that God's fault?

13. A concubine raped and dismembered.
In Judges 19:22-29, a mob demands to rape a godly master’s guest. The master offers his daughter and a concubine to them instead. They take the concubine and gang-rape her all night. The master finds her on his doorstep in the morning, cuts her into 12 pieces, and ships the pieces around the country.

Hehehe... How was this God's fault? If God destroyed the world because of wickedness done by men such as you wrote up them. Na una go still cry that God is too wicked. These are the kind of wickedness done by men that always grieved the heart of God.

14. Child sacrifice.
In Judges 11:30-39, Jephthah burns his daughter alive as a sacrificial offering for God’s favor in killing the Ammonites.

Haba....... What really happened? Judges 11:30-31
30 And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord: “If you give the Ammonites into my hands, 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the Lord’s, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.”

Jephthah made a vow. He never knew it will be his daughter. God never ask him to do it. He uses his mouth to make a vow. How was that God's fault Ooooo?

15. God helps Samson kill 30 men because he lost a bet.
In Judges 14:11-19, Samson loses a bet for 30 sets of clothes. The spirit of God comes upon him and he kills 30 men to steal their clothes and pay off the debt.
Judges 11:15:17

15 On the fourth[a] day, they said to Samson’s wife, “Coax your husband into explaining the riddle for us, or we will burn you and your father’s household to death. Did you invite us here to steal our property?”

16 Then Samson’s wife threw herself on him, sobbing, “You hate me! You don’t really love me. You’ve given my people a riddle, but you haven’t told me the answer.”

“I haven’t even explained it to my father or mother,” he replied, “so why should I explain it to you?”

17 She cried the whole seven days of the feast. So on the seventh day he finally told her, because she continued to press him. She in turn explained the riddle to her people.

The men he killed threatened his wife and his Father-in-law household. They are obviously not innocent.

16. God demands you kill your wife and children for worshiping other gods.
In Deuteronomy 13:6-10, God commands that you must kill your wife, children, brother, and friend if they worship other gods.

Thank God you said Command and this goes out to every one who have been wailing that God's punishment is too harsh. This is one of the commandments God gave to the people of Israelites via Moses. Deu 13:11-15

11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.

12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely,[b] both its people and its livestock.

God always sent his warning and repercussion to the people but when he start his punishment, you will start name calling him.

17. God incinerates 51 men to make a point.
In 2 Kings 1:9-10, Elijah gets God to burn 51 men with fire from heaven to prove he is God.
King Ahaziah sent 50 armed men against prophet Elijah who earlier delivered a message of death to the King. Was the king going to war? They came in confrontational manner. Remember a prophet is representation of God on earth. They came to confront God for his words until a wise man among them spoke up in 2nd King 1:13-14
13 So the king sent a third captain with his fifty men. This third captain went up and fell on his knees before Elijah. “Man of God,” he begged, “please have respect for my life and the lives of these fifty men, your servants! 14 See, fire has fallen from heaven and consumed the first two captains and all their men. But now have respect for my life!”
When you're sent on a fool's errands, you must apply wisdom.

18. God kills a man for not impregnating his brother’s widow.
In Genesis 38:9-10, God kills a man for refusing to impregnate his brother’s widow.

And in Gen 38:8:10
8 Then Judah said to Onan, “Sleep with your brother’s wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to raise up offspring for your brother.” 9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother. 10 What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death also.

God killed him because he refused to do his duty to his late brother as his father commanded him to do in verse 8.

19. God threatens forced cannibalism.
In Leviticus 26:27-29 and Jeremiah 19:9, God threatens to punish the Israelites by making them eat their own children.

I love this part. Another warning God gave to his people. Where there is no law there is no crime . God clearly stated his commandments and the repercussion of disobeying him. Leviticus 26:27-30

27 And if ye will not for all this
hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me;

28 Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.

29 And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.

30 And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.

Despite all this, they will still disobey him again and again . But when God start, you will now see the wailers crying that God is wicked. Didn't he warn them? Didn't he send his prophet again and again to them?

10. 20. The coming slaughter.
According to Revelation 9:7-19, God’s got more evil coming. God will make horse-like locusts with human heads and scorpion tails, who torture people for 5 months. Then some angels will kill a third of the earth’s population. If he came today, that would be 2 billion people.

I'm happy you end with this. God is warning you all again on what will happened after the 2nd coming of Christ. But una go hear. He has sent his children to you via every medium again and again
Because when judgements start you won't have opportunity to say God is wicked..... God is blood thirsty.

In conclusion, rather than change your ways by being obedience, you're casting aspersions on him, insulting him but God always have the final say. I will leave you with Matt 7:22-23

22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

I know you will sharply denied calling him blood thirsty. Jesus is coming soon and there comes judgements whether you believe it or not.
Re: Re:Is God Really Worth Forgiving, Let's Take A Look At Crimes He Committed Part2 by oaroloye(m): 6:45am On Feb 27, 2017
SHALOM!

"Ye do err, not knowing The Scriptures, nor The Power of God."
Re: Re:Is God Really Worth Forgiving, Let's Take A Look At Crimes He Committed Part2 by MrMystrO(m): 8:42am On Mar 18, 2017
luvmijeje:
This is the concluding part of my rejoinder to the lies, half truth and aspersions cast on God. If you missed the part 1 below is the link:
https://www.nairaland.com/3650162/re-god-really-worth-forgiving
And this is the link to the lies and half truth against God posted by obinna58:
https://www.nairaland.com/3637409/god-really-worth-forgiving-lets
So let's start... .. .. .

So how was it God's fault? Did God command them to do it? This is another outright lie against God. Judges 21: 4-5

4 Early the next day the people built an altar and presented burnt offerings and fellowship offerings.
5 Then the Israelites asked, “Who from all the tribes of Israel has failed to assemble before the LORD?” For they had taken a solemn oath that anyone who failed to assemble before the LORD at Mizpah was to be put to death.

They took another an oath upon themselves meaning they took decision with their own hands. Before then there has been alot of intra tribal fighting between the tribes of Isreal. That's another topic on it's own.

28 Then Samson prayed to the Lord, “Sovereign Lord, remember me. Please, God, strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes.” 29 Then Samson reached toward the two central pillars on which the temple stood. Bracing himself against them, his right hand on the one and his left hand on the other, 30 Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines!” Then he pushed with all his might, and down came the temple on the rulers and all the people in it. Thus he killed many more when he died than while he lived.

The people he killed removed his two eyes and he died with them. The gift God gave Samson was suppose to be used to delivered Israel from the hands of the Philippines who were terrorizing Isreal but what derailed the ministry of Samson...... Women. How was that God's fault?

Hehehe... How was this God's fault? If God destroyed the world because of wickedness done by men such as you wrote up them. Na una go still cry that God is too wicked. These are the kind of wickedness done by men that always grieved the heart of God.

Haba....... What really happened? Judges 11:30-31
30 And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord: “If you give the Ammonites into my hands, 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the Lord’s, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.”

Jephthah made a vow. He never knew it will be his daughter. God never ask him to do it. He uses his mouth to make a vow. How was that God's fault Ooooo?

Judges 11:15:17

15 On the fourth[a] day, they said to Samson’s wife, “Coax your husband into explaining the riddle for us, or we will burn you and your father’s household to death. Did you invite us here to steal our property?”

16 Then Samson’s wife threw herself on him, sobbing, “You hate me! You don’t really love me. You’ve given my people a riddle, but you haven’t told me the answer.”

“I haven’t even explained it to my father or mother,” he replied, “so why should I explain it to you?”

17 She cried the whole seven days of the feast. So on the seventh day he finally told her, because she continued to press him. She in turn explained the riddle to her people.

The men he killed threatened his wife and his Father-in-law household. They are obviously not innocent.

Thank God you said Command and this goes out to every one who have been wailing that God's punishment is too harsh. This is one of the commandments God gave to the people of Israelites via Moses. Deu 13:11-15

11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.

12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely,[b] both its people and its livestock.

God always sent his warning and repercussion to the people but when he start his punishment, you will start name calling him.

King Ahaziah sent 50 armed men against prophet Elijah who earlier delivered a message of death to the King. Was the king going to war? They came in confrontational manner. Remember a prophet is representation of God on earth. They came to confront God for his words until a wise man among them spoke up in 2nd King 1:13-14
13 So the king sent a third captain with his fifty men. This third captain went up and fell on his knees before Elijah. “Man of God,” he begged, “please have respect for my life and the lives of these fifty men, your servants! 14 See, fire has fallen from heaven and consumed the first two captains and all their men. But now have respect for my life!”
When you're sent on a fool's errands, you must apply wisdom.

And in Gen 38:8:10
8 Then Judah said to Onan, “Sleep with your brother’s wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to raise up offspring for your brother.” 9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother. 10 What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death also.

God killed him because he refused to do his duty to his late brother as his father commanded him to do in verse 8.

I love this part. Another warning God gave to his people. Where there is no law there is no crime . God clearly stated his commandments and the repercussion of disobeying him. Leviticus 26:27-30

27 And if ye will not for all this
hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me;

28 Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.

29 And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.

30 And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.

Despite all this, they will still disobey him again and again . But when God start, you will now see the wailers crying that God is wicked. Didn't he warn them? Didn't he send his prophet again and again to them?

I'm happy you end with this. God is warning you all again on what will happened after the 2nd coming of Christ. But una go hear. He has sent his children to you via every medium again and again
Because when judgements start you won't have opportunity to say God is wicked..... God is blood thirsty.

In conclusion, rather than change your ways by being obedience, you're casting aspersions on him, insulting him but God always have the final say. I will leave you with Matt 7:22-23

22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

I know you will sharply denied calling him blood thirsty. Jesus is coming soon and there comes judgements whether you believe it or not.

You Need to change your concept of "God" Ma'am. No die put for ignorance, seek Enlightenment!

(1) (Reply)

The Difference Between Demonic Voices And The Holy Spirit. / 5 Easy Steps For ANYONE To Confirm That Apostle Suleman Bought Daniella The Car / How To Pray When You Dont Know The Right Words To Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.