Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,829 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos (26583 Views)

Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos / Quit Notice To Igbos: Arewa Youths Change Their Minds, Reconsider Igbos (Photos) / Hausas Dress Like Igbos To Show Love To Igbos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by SirVintageCock: 9:03am On Feb 27, 2017
Ioannes:

Really?! Your states in the East don't get Federal government allocation like other states in Nigeria??!! shocked shocked

Wow, that's just sad. We should sue the FG for negligence.
do you know what RRR government policy was after the civil war.? And what it was used for instead of the original plans? Ask questions.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by betterABIAstate: 9:05am On Feb 27, 2017
realhumanity:

Its good you post pictures but try and post good ones next time, okay.
someone should be able yo show us the real anambra
Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by realhumanity: 9:07am On Feb 27, 2017
Ioannes:

Lol. I know that feeling too. When you have a complex and you need to show off.

I guess the roads were built by private individuals and companies.

And if you're talking of individual residential buildings, well who did you expect to come and build it for you before? Federal government?

Unless we want to shy off from telling the truth, we all know that most of the wealth of the people from the east is always suspect. You can't help but keep wondering if for every one of them caught in Malaysia, 10 others actually had a successful trip.

I'm not hating on you guys, do your thing but and we'll do ours, but stop the unnecessary comparison with the Yorubas and stop peddling lies.
Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 27, 2017
auggie340:

Nah...they didn't wait for govt to give their cities a classy touch unlike some others that derive so called "first class" from govt related ish and not personal efforts....that's the thread's spirit.... Do you understand now Mr? kiss

That being said, have a nice daykisskiss

The spirit of the thread gives the impression that there's no government presence in Anambra state, neither state nor federal. So, we are meant to believe that the roads and the roundabout and the bridges were all community efforts because they are being neglected as punishment for something.

Layout of the city isn't different from any of that of a typical Nigerian city, and hiding the slums? That was brilliant.

So you see, this thread is misleading because it isn't telling the entire story of Anambra state.

Have a great day too. kiss kiss

4 Likes

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by Abia1stSon: 9:07am On Feb 27, 2017
betterABIAstate:
someone should be able yo show us the real abia

our state abia is in coma, i think we should emulate anambra state

3 Likes

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by realhumanity: 9:08am On Feb 27, 2017
Ioannes:

Lol. I know that feeling too. When you have a complex and you need to show off.

I guess the roads were built by private individuals and companies.

And if you're talking of individual residential buildings, well who did you expect to come and build it for you before? Federal government?

Unless we want to shy off from telling the truth, we all know that most of the wealth of the people from the east is always suspect. You can't help but keep wondering if for every one of them caught in Malaysia, 10 others actually had a successful trip.

I'm not hating on you guys, do your thing but and we'll do ours, but stop the unnecessary comparison with the Yorubas and stop peddling lies.

Apart from the federal road coming from the Niger bridge which was reconstructed by the state government after repeated neglect, I still stand on my word that the state, businesses, foundations, agencies and sport centers were built by indigenes.

Ioannes, I am not hating on Yoruba's because "awon temi ni won" and "Ara ile ni gbogbo wa" so no hating but stating the obvious.

Moreover, you guys are trying too.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by Abia1stSon: 9:09am On Feb 27, 2017
my state of abia is in need of help

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by realhumanity: 9:09am On Feb 27, 2017
betterABIAstate:
someone should be able yo show us the real anambra
Yes, I have seen it and trust me, we are working towards eradicating the mess. thank u bro.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by Abia1stSon: 9:10am On Feb 27, 2017
anambra please borrow us obiano for just 2months

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by Abia1stSon: 9:11am On Feb 27, 2017
Abia state is cursed, please we need help

1 Like

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by Doug07034780891(m): 9:12am On Feb 27, 2017
osetigo, see my head oo cheesy cheesy

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by Abia1stSon: 9:12am On Feb 27, 2017
for a whole 16yrs, abia state has nothing to show

1 Like

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by Abia1stSon: 9:13am On Feb 27, 2017
anambra people, please borrow us obiano for part time

1 Like

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by Abia1stSon: 9:14am On Feb 27, 2017
abia state is now the land where the devil live.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 27, 2017
auggie340:

Federal projects/presence/allocations or waheva you call it; is little or nothing compared to personal projects by indigenes...if you're searching for fed stuffs in Anambra, it'll be like searching for a pin in haystack....
Maybe it would be noticeable if they were "as present as the military presence"

If you know a residential street road built by govt, be sure there are ten more built by individuals...Such persons have to be appreciated by no other than their own

You know what? This would have been a wonderful thread only if it hadn't been presented in a way that reinforces that image of "the whining Igbos" that we all have come to expect.

Tell me, which major city in Nigeria was actually built up by the Federal government

Mention those cities you think were created by Federal government presence?

Most cities develop as a result of individual or collective efforts of the citizenry.

No FG presence? So would it make Anambra more beautiful if the FG came to site one or two federal buildings there?

Even Lagos that we always assume was built up by FG, let's remove all the private and corporate buildings, what do you think will remain?

Just celebrate your state without comparing it to other states or complaining about how the FG has neglected your state. For the last 17 or 18 years of democracy, ALL of Nigeria has been neglected by FG, not just your state.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by Abia1stSon: 9:19am On Feb 27, 2017
every state has something to show but my own abia state has nothing to show other than bill board. just look at what they have done with my state of abia.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 27, 2017
SirVintageCock:
do you know what RRR government policy was after the civil war.? And what it was used for instead of the original plans? Ask questions.

Can you expatiate on this your RRR policy?
Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by Abia1stSon: 9:23am On Feb 27, 2017
anambra people please forgive us and lend us obiano for just part time basis. see my abia state in ruins

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 27, 2017
realhumanity:

Apart from the federal road coming from the Niger bridge which was reconstructed by the state government after repeated neglect, I still stand on my word that the state, businesses, foundations, agencies and sport centers were built by indigenes.

Ioannes, I am not hating on Yoruba's because "awon temi ni won" and "Ara ile ni gbogbo wa" so no hating but stating the obvious.

Moreover, you guys are trying too.

Now wouldn't it be wonderful if we all saw ourselves as brothers?

It'd also be nice if you'll just celebrate your state without bragging you know. The bragging part leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Be cool.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by daveson2020(m): 9:26am On Feb 27, 2017
embarassed embarassed the Afonjas will be like Why is there no brown roof? undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by backtosender: 9:32am On Feb 27, 2017
Sometimes people always ask themselves how can igbos develop their land at the same time developing Lagos and Abuja kano plus Kaduna is really amazing....looking at the way some states are begging them to come and develop their land makes one wonder if igbos are spirit

1 Like

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by AshiwajuFoward: 9:35am On Feb 27, 2017
daveson2020:
embarassed embarassed the Afonjas will be like Why is there no brown roof? undecided undecided undecided

You mean like these below aerial shot of the same Anambra. Better just enjoy your thread in peace and don't drag us into your shyt.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by meccuno: 9:37am On Feb 27, 2017
deomelo:

Looks like barracks, concrete jungle or concentration camp.

This is the last thing you want to show off with or beat your chest with.
do you actually know what a concrete jungle is? or u just want to throw around words you don't understand?? New York is an example of a concrete jungle......he takes pride in the development of his state and thats a bad thing i can guess where u are from.....

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by daveson2020(m): 9:39am On Feb 27, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

You mean like these below aerial shot of the same Anambra. Better just enjoy your thread in peace and don't drag us into your shyt.
Thanks for indicating that you are an Afonja undecided

1 Like

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by Abia1stSon: 9:39am On Feb 27, 2017
Igbo are very wicked, they went to develop Abuja and Lagos but left Abia state in ruins. Developers. I am angry with the Igbos. Just look at how they left my own abia state

1 Like

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by Abia1stSon: 9:41am On Feb 27, 2017
igbos are unpatriotic if not they wouldn't have left abia state like this. They developed their states and left abia state in ruins.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by AshiwajuFoward: 9:41am On Feb 27, 2017
daveson2020:

Thanks for indicating that you are an Afonja undecided

Don't mention it fllatthead wink

1 Like

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by Abia1stSon: 9:44am On Feb 27, 2017
we are living like animals in ABIA STATE. we need help but igbos won't listen now

1 Like

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by realhumanity: 9:44am On Feb 27, 2017
Ioannes:

Now wouldn't it be wonderful if we all saw ourselves as brothers?

It'd also be nice if you'll just celebrate your state without bragging you know. The bragging part leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

Be cool.

If someone brags in public, its not a public offense, I guess. He is liable for his actions. Just allow him to do whatever he likes.
Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 27, 2017
realhumanity:

If someone brags in public, its not a public offense, I guess. He is liable for his actions. Just allow him to do whatever he likes.

Well then, no offence.
Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by SirVintageCock: 9:48am On Feb 27, 2017
Ioannes:

Can you expatiate on this your RRR policy?
WHEN then Head of State Gen Yakubu Gowon, rtd  proclaimed the “No Victor No Vanquished”, slogan at the end of the Nigerian Civil War on   January 15,   1970, the general assumption was that the Biafran question would be resolved with the post- war programmes that were expected to come with that proclamation. Although the Igbos were obviously vanquished , the declaration created some level of confidence amid overwhelming doubts and despair.

Specifically, the post-war programmes which were captured in the Reconciliation, Reconstruction and Rehabilitation,RRR, policy were initiated to heal the wounds created by the war on both sides
. Whether the Igbos were truly rehabilitated and reconciled with the other parts of the country is still debatable as the generality of opinion points to the argument that the RRR was a failed policy. Failed policy The Easterners who were given 20 pounds each by the Federal Government, irrespective of whatever balance or asset they had prior to the war, gradually integrated into the society. Despite having found its feet economically beyond the pre-civil war status, the Biafran spirit has continued to hover across the country, especially in the South East geo-political zone. With the 1999 formation of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, reawakening the physical agitation for self determination, the nation was taken by the storm, as other pro-Biafran groups have also emerged. Though initially dismissed as posing no threat to the corporate existence of the country, the gradual spread and modus operandi of the groups, have raised a lot concern. Investigations by Vanguard Features, VF showed that while a section of the public finds the resurgence of the issue more than four decades after the war, disturbing, others, especially Igbos, are sympathetic to the pro-Biafran agitations. Those compassionate with the cause believe that the Igbos were displaced in the Nigerian equation, economically and politically. They maintain that the psyche of Ndigbo was debased for losing the war. But the question remains: Does the agitations reflect the collective aspiration of Igbos at the moment? This poser does not ignore Gowon’s declaration outlawing Biafra. VF recalls that Gowon had in his speech titled: “The Dawn of National Reconciliation”, sounded  a death knell on the Biafran question .’’The so-called ‘Rising Sun of Biafra’ is set for ever. It will be a great disservice for anyone to continue to use the word Biafra to refer to any part of the East Central State of Nigeria. The tragic chapter of violence is just ended. We are at the dawn of national reconciliation. Once again, we have an opportunity to build a new nation,’’he noted on the day Gen Philip Effiong of Biafra surrendered to Gowon at Dodan Barracks, Lagos. Speaking on the matter, a civil war veteran, Col Joe Achuzia told VF that those behind the latest pro-Biafran invasion of a Radio House in Enugu, were on their own. As far as he is concerned, they want to drag Ndigbo into Nigeria’s problems. ’’Those behind the Enugu invasion want to drag Biafra into the current problems in Nigeria. We should not be dragged into Nigeria’s problem. We have nothing to do with them,” he stated. Asked if   the agitations of the major pro-Biafran group, MASSOB, were in line with the present collective aspiration of Ndigbo, Achuzia responded with a question. ”What does the OPC reflect? What about Afenifere?” Continuing, he said: “What these groups reflect could be likened to what MASSOB is doing. So long as MASSOB serves the interest of the Igbos, we acknowledge it.” Leader of the All Progressive Congress,APC, in Lagos State, Chief Campbell Umeh agrees that the Biafra cause is still relevant. But he cautiously disowned the activities of pro-Biafran associations that are inimical to the interest of the state. “Biafra is a child of necessity and today the necessity is still Ojukwu- championed Biafra not because of greed but as a result the extermination of Igbos across the country. In Biafra, Igbos derived an identity,” Umeh argued. He supported other arguments   that failure of the RRR policy is responsible for pro-Biafran demands. ”After the defeat, the terms of re-integration   was not followed. And the failure of that indicates that the war is still there. So that keeps Biafra alive,” Umeh added. Going down memory lane, he remembered the contentious abandoned properties issue, saying: “When the war ended the abandoned properties matter was not properly handled. Today many people are still bitter about that. When you say no victor no vanquished, it should be real. You remember that every Igbo man was given 20 pounds each; that one is still a source of anger.” The APGA chieftain however added thus: “We agreed on ‘One Nigeria’, but people are entitled to their aspirations. I don’t see myself following the path of war. That does not mean that the Biafran question is no more relevant.” Despite his affection for the Biafran cause, Umeh disowned the manner in which pro-Biafran groups are going about the matter. ”We can only caution the young boys doing this because their methods of operation are not acceptable. I am only asking the Federal Government to find a way of addressing the issues that triggered the formation of these groups,” he submitted.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/biafran-spiritll-hover-long/

1 Like

Re: Anambra 100% Built By Igbos Photos by Oxtonguy: 9:58am On Feb 27, 2017
daveson2020:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Jonathan: "Amaechi Have Problem With Patience My Wife Not Me" / Why Kidnapping, Killings Won’t Stop In Zamfara — Miyetti Allah / Aisha Yesufu: Instead Of Buhari's 3rd Term, We Would Have Referendum

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.