Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

I Need Clarification!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Clarification!! (599 Views)

I Need Clarification On This Issue I'm Going To Drop Below Probably From Expert / Was Jesus Dying Really A Sacrifice? Need Clarification / I Need Clarification On This Verse Of The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Clarification!! by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 26, 2017
I believe in God's existence but I want to know why he is not fair? why does he chose to bless some and allow others to wallow in poverty and pain?
Re: I Need Clarification!! by greatnaija01: 8:50pm On Feb 26, 2017
well, you see... the simple answer is HE GAVE EVERYONE A CHOICE... but those who get a fair deal responded differently from those who always seem to get the bad deal. I was once asking this questions too until i found this
2 Peter 3:9Living Bible (TLB)

9 He isn’t really being slow about his promised return, even though it sometimes seems that way. But he is waiting, for the good reason that he is not willing that any should perish, and he is giving more time for sinners to repent.

and i found this too
[b]Deuteronomy 30:15-20The Message (MSG)

15 Look at what I’ve done for you today: I’ve placed in front of you
Life and Good
Death and Evil.
16 And I command you today: Love God, your God. Walk in his ways. Keep his commandments, regulations, and rules so that you will live, really live, live exuberantly, blessed by God, your God, in the land you are about to enter and possess.

17-18 But I warn you: If you have a change of heart, refuse to listen obediently, and willfully go off to serve and worship other gods or get distracted with things of this world, you will most certainly suffer and eventually die. You won’t last long in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess.

19-20 I call Heaven and Earth to witness against you today so that you would not blame me later: I place before you Life and Death, Blessing and Curse. Choose life so that you and your children will live. And love God, your God, listening obediently to him, firmly embracing him. Oh yes, he is life itself, a long life settled on the soil that God, your God, promised to give your ancestors, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.[/b]

siye102:
I believe in God's existence but I want to know why he is not fair?
why does he chose to bless some and allow others to wallow in poverty and pain?

1 Like

Re: I Need Clarification!! by genitori(m): 9:21pm On Feb 26, 2017
siye102:

Have u ever wondered how the world will be if everyone on earth is rich?
Have u ever wondered how the world will be if everyone on earth is poor?
Have u ever wondered how the world will be if everyone on earth is tall or short?
Have u ever wondered how the world will be if everyone on earth is white or black? And so on and so forth.

Off course the world would have been a boring place.
God made different people with different features.
Some are rich and others poor.
No matter ur level if spirituality, u can be as rich as Solomon or as poor as church rat.

See the lives of people like Moses. He has ever been the only prophet who spoke with God face-to-face and yet MOSES WAS A STERMERER.

Among many others but to save time let's talk about Jesus.
Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of God, yet the true son of God was born of a poor family, he was brought up in a poor family, he was abused by people he himself cured, he was striped naked and hung on a cross - the ONLY SON OF GOD.

How much more we that are adopted.

What matters is not what we experience in this world but where we end up

1 Like

Re: I Need Clarification!! by Benbisco(f): 10:16pm On Feb 26, 2017
siye102:

Honey, I understand how you feel. Intact a lot of people (both Christians and non Christians ) have at one point or the other accused God of being unfair because they feel that He has not blessed them according to their expectations but he is busy blessing others who they might even be better than. Pls pardon me to disagree with you with the following points.

1. God is Sovereign. He has the final say. He is not answerable to anyone, owes nobody any explanations for the things he does and so we have no right to say He is unfair because He has not done things the way we expect.

2. His ways are not our ways. We cannot completely fathom the things He does. Ever heard the lyrics "we will understand it better by and by"?

3. He makes all things beautiful IN HIS TIME! Not our time, but His. Like Nairalanders will say "He picks people's calls when He chooses," not because He is under any obligation to.

4. He let's us go thru some situations to test our love for Him to see whether we love the gifts more than the Giver.

So no matter what the issues are, just believe that some day, He will pick your call and settle your issues. Until then, keep keeping on. It is not over until you win. Shalom!

1 Like

Re: I Need Clarification!! by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 26, 2017
Benbisco:

Honey, I understand how you feel. Intact a lot of people (both Christians and non Christians ) have at one point or the other accused God of being unfair because they feel that He has not blessed them according to their expectations but he is busy blessing others who they might even be better than. Pls pardon me to disagree with you with the following points.

1. God is Sovereign. He has the final say. He is not answerable to anyone, owes nobody any explanations for the things he does and so we have no right to say He is unfair because He has not done things the way we expect.

2. His ways are not our ways. We cannot completely fathom the things He does. Ever heard the lyrics "we will understand it better by and by"?

3. He makes all things beautiful IN HIS TIME! Not our time, but His. Like Nairalanders will say "He picks people's calls when He chooses," not because He is under any obligation to.

4. He let's us go thru some situations to test our love for Him to see whether we love the gifts more than the Giver.

So no matter what the issues are, just believe that some day, He will pick your call and settle your issues. Until then, keep keeping on. It is not over until you win. Shalom!
thanks dear. I know I shouldn't call God unfair but the challenges are just to much for me to bear.
when will it get better self? for how long will all the suffering continue before he decides to finally pick the call?
I appreciate your words of encouragement.
Re: I Need Clarification!! by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 26, 2017
genitori:

Have u ever wondered how the world will be if everyone on earth is rich?
Have u ever wondered how the world will be if everyone on earth is poor?
Have u ever wondered how the world will be if everyone on earth is tall or short?
Have u ever wondered how the world will be if everyone on earth is white or black? And so on and so forth.

Off course the world would have been a boring place.
God made different people with different features.
Some are rich and others poor.
No matter ur level if spirituality, u can be as rich as Solomon or as poor as church rat.

See the lives of people like Moses. He has ever been the only prophet who spoke with God face-to-face and yet MOSES WAS A STERMERER.

Among many others but to save time let's talk about Jesus.
Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of God, yet the true son of God was born of a poor family, he was brought up in a poor family, he was abused by people he himself cured, he was striped naked and hung on a cross - the ONLY SON OF GOD.

How much more we that are adopted.

What matters is not what we experience in this world but where we end up
thank you very much.
it's really not easy being in this world!!
Re: I Need Clarification!! by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
greatnaija01:
well, you see... the simple answer is HE GAVE EVERYONE A CHOICE... but those who get a fair deal responded differently from those who always seem to get the bad deal. I was once asking this questions too until i found this
2 Peter 3:9Living Bible (TLB)

9 He isn’t really being slow about his promised return, even though it sometimes seems that way. But he is waiting, for the good reason that he is not willing that any should perish, and he is giving more time for sinners to repent.

and i found this too
[b]Deuteronomy 30:15-20The Message (MSG)

15 Look at what I’ve done for you today: I’ve placed in front of you
Life and Good
Death and Evil.
16 And I command you today: Love God, your God. Walk in his ways. Keep his commandments, regulations, and rules so that you will live, really live, live exuberantly, blessed by God, your God, in the land you are about to enter and possess.

17-18 But I warn you: If you have a change of heart, refuse to listen obediently, and willfully go off to serve and worship other gods or get distracted with things of this world, you will most certainly suffer and eventually die. You won’t last long in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess.

19-20 I call Heaven and Earth to witness against you today so that you would not blame me later: I place before you Life and Death, Blessing and Curse. Choose life so that you and your children will live. And love God, your God, listening obediently to him, firmly embracing him. Oh yes, he is life itself, a long life settled on the soil that God, your God, promised to give your ancestors, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.[/b]

thank you very much.
I appreciate
Re: I Need Clarification!! by Wilgrea7(m): 8:02am On Feb 27, 2017
siye102:
thanks dear. I know I shouldn't call God unfair but the challenges are just to much for me to bear.
when will it get better self? for how long will all the suffering continue before he decides to finally pick the call?

hello siye... you seem like a very honest person so i would reply... i saw someone saying people are maimed, poor, etc because they chose to be like that by not believing in God.. that's a horrible lie because people we would call “pagans" and non Christians like the chinese, arabs etc have money and are all right.. there are Christians who suffer... there are christians who don't... there are pagans who suffer.. there are pagans who don't.. the mistake people make is thinking that we are meant to live apart.. many Christians justify it by saying salvation is a personal race... but the truth is that we were not meant to live individually... as no man is an island, the human race was meant to live like a colony... a chain.. there is no you or me... just us... that's a test we tend to fail very often.. we tend to want more.. and keep all... we don't reach out to people... its not God being unfair.. its God testing us and we blantantly failing

it's not God's fault... its ours.. we need to ditch the “me" mentality and adopt the “us" mentality.. that is when we will truly be able to make the world a better place and we would pass the test... that's why Jesus said it would be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven.. because with riches,(although not all... some people have self control) greed is more... money isn't evil.. human nature generally is greedy.. once we can defeat the greed we would be able to live like a colony... a rich man will find it harder to give all he has to the poor than a poor man who has nothing.. there are rich people who give to help people e.g Bill Gates and i respect him a lot for that cuz it takes a lot of discipline. it doesn't just start from the one million homeless people in Syria.. it starts from the poor homeless man around you begging on the street but i will advise you to give with sense considering the century we are in..

my point is... we humans can end the suffering in this world.. its a test we must pass together as one.. its not about you or me... its about us.. once we realize that then the problem is half solved.. God is not unfair.. humans are... stay blessed .. peace

1 Like

Re: I Need Clarification!! by enshy: 9:05am On Feb 27, 2017
siye102:
My dear, I feel your pain and I want to help you.
You see its not enough to believe in God's existence, you need to know Him by accepting Jesus as Lord and Saviour, you search the word to know His Will and then pray His Will down into your life, He will surely answer!
One more thing, in the race of life, dont compare with others..Some have other sources of help, you wont wish to even have and claim it was God that helped. We have seen people commit fraud, steal and say God prospered them, not so. And we have seen the very rich die ot cancer..Everyone really seems to have his own share of lifes troubles but if you want to live in perpetual dominion, you need to give your life to Christ and atten classes on Faith, Prayers and mastery of the word with Jesus: only Jesus can teach dominion!
In conclusion, pls share your challenges with me, let me pray a prayer of faith with you. You need to see Gods signs and wonders and I know you will believe!

1 Like

Re: I Need Clarification!! by skeendyke: 9:24am On Feb 27, 2017
siye102:

Has it occurred to you that many of "does he chose to bless" once asked this same question?

Never give up your faith in God. I understand your feelings. Stay faithful and you shall overcome.

1 Like

Re: I Need Clarification!! by Benbisco(f): 10:36am On Feb 27, 2017
siye102:

Such periods of discouragement come once in a while. We all experience it but what I do is to try to appreciate Him for the things I have.

Just think of somethings He had done before that "dazed" you. There should be something.

Also, try to STOP COMPARING YOURSELF WITH OTHERS. They might "appear" happy but if you look deep down, all na wash.

Don't give up on God. Someday He will "pick your call". Maybe He is delaying to check whether you are really calling or just flashing. Keep calling so He will know its a call, not a flash.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: I Need Clarification!! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 24, 2017
enshy:

My dear, I feel your pain and I want to help you.
You see its not enough to believe in God's existence, you need to know Him by accepting Jesus as Lord and Saviour, you search the word to know His Will and then pray His Will down into your life, He will surely answer!
One more thing, in the race of life, dont compare with others..Some have other sources of help, you wont wish to even have and claim it was God that helped. We have seen people commit fraud, steal and say God prospered them, not so. And we have seen the very rich die ot cancer..Every
one really seems to have his own share of lifes troubles but if you want to live in perpetual dominion, you need to give your life to Christ and atten classes on Faith, Prayers and mastery of the word with Jesus: only Jesus can teach dominion!
In conclusion, pls share your challenges with me, let me pray a prayer of faith with you. You need to see Gods signs and wonders and I know you will believe!
hi dear.
thank you so much for this. I just got to read it now.
I would really like to share my challenges with u and the prayers will be very much appreciated.
How do I get in touch with you?
thanks once again.

(1) (Reply)

Why Atheists Disbelieve The Existence Of God --find Answers Here. / Coven Meeting / Is My Fasting Still Valid If I Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.