Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,739 members, 7,820,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

I Need Clarification On This Verse Of The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Clarification On This Verse Of The Bible (519 Views)

Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn / How Do Females Feel About This Verse ? / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Clarification On This Verse Of The Bible by LORDKing001: 10:40am On Jun 18, 2017
1 Samuel 16:14 Now, the LORD's Spirit had left Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD tormented him.
Re: I Need Clarification On This Verse Of The Bible by pressplay411(m): 10:57am On Jun 18, 2017
There's nothing ambiguous in this passage. Samuel feared his visit to Jesse might be easily interpreted as treason to impeach Saul so God inspired his to instead go in the guise of offering a sacrifice.
Saul having disobeyed God in his battle against the Amalekites had incurred God's wrath hence God forsake which was why David was chosen to replace him.

By the way, all Saul committed was the sin of sparing some lives God had instructed him to destroy. Yet the All forgiving Merciful God could not forgive him for his act of mercy.
Re: I Need Clarification On This Verse Of The Bible by LORDKing001: 11:00am On Jun 18, 2017
pressplay411:
There's nothing ambiguous in this passage. Samuel feared his visit to Jesse might be easily interpreted as treason to impeach Saul so God inspired his to instead go in the guise of offering a sacrifice.
Saul having disobeyed God in his battle against the Amalekites had incurred God's wrath hence God forsake which was why David was chosen to replace him.

By the way, all Saul committed was the sin of sparing some lives God had instructed him to destroy. Yet the All forgiving Merciful God could not forgive him for his act of mercy.

the second verse precisely
Re: I Need Clarification On This Verse Of The Bible by pressplay411(m): 11:08am On Jun 18, 2017
LORDKing001:

the second verse precisely

I'm no theologian but I believe for God's plan to form, he inflicted Saul with a spirit only his chosen king David could overcome.
My guess is you wonder how the Good God could be responsible for tormenting Saul with an evil spirit.
Well even the case of Job proves that both good and evil are of God. Nothing is without God's awareness. Evil occurs cos God decides to allow it either as a punishment for sins committed or as a test of faith.
In Saul's case, it was the former.
Re: I Need Clarification On This Verse Of The Bible by obataokenwa(m): 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2017
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." (Isaiah 45:7)

"AND Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not. And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD."

"And it shall come to pass, that as the LORD rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the LORD will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it." (Deuteronomy 28:63)
Re: I Need Clarification On This Verse Of The Bible by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2017
Another confusion
Re: I Need Clarification On This Verse Of The Bible by sonofthunder: 1:17pm On Jun 18, 2017
LORDKing001:

1 Samuel 16:14 Now, the LORD's Spirit had left Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD tormented him.
and what is it that needs clarification there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Clarification On This Verse Of The Bible by malvisguy212: 3:08pm On Jun 18, 2017
LORDKing001:

the evil spirit is part of God judgment upon Saul, is like saying "God brought HIS judgment upon Saul"

(1) (Reply)

Put on the whole armour of God Almighty / Spirit. / Giving Out Cars Didn’t Make Me Prosper; It Was A Seed Of N50 – Pro Joshua Iginla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.