Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. (2188 Views)

How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) / The Wrath Of God: Discussion About Hell - Strictly Christians Only / Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 18, 2007
Personally,I'm tired of us constantly complaining of the state of our nation,the corruption in high and low places.
Even some so called "religious" people now see nothing wrong with bribery,it has become normal,yet we want things to change,to alleviate the suffering of the common man.

If we want to see a real change,it's time for serious warfare on our knees.
Just a handful of us with a passion for our nation can change things around.
This thread is for us to say some fervent prayers and our desires for our country
and continue thereafter in our prayer closets
Because the Bible says

2Ch 7:14   "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Our father, it is my earnest desire that you uproot the spirit of greed in my beloved country.
That anyone going into office with a desire to steal and embezzle will not succeed in the elections.
That the power of God will reign in our nation and beyond.
That all those who call on the mighty name of Jehovah depart from evil and worship Christ in Spirit and in truth.
That the spirit of the bondwoman shall not prevail and it's devices crushed forever.
In the Mighty name of Jesus.
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by Aggressa(m): 6:30pm On Jan 18, 2007
babyosisi:

2Ch 7:14 "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Our father, it is my earnest desire that you uproot the spirit of greed in my beloved country.
That anyone going into office with a desire to steal and embezzle will not succeed in the elections.
That the power of God will reign in our nation and beyond.
That all those who call on the mighty name of Jehovah depart from evil and worship Christ in Spirit and in truth.
That the spirit of the bondwoman shall not prevail and it's devices crushed forever.
In the Mighty name of Jesus.

Aaaaaammmmmeeeeeeeennnnnn to all the prayers; but especially to the one in bold by fire!!! The same God whom Elijah called upon and He sent down fire is Still Alive and on the throne; because God is the same yesterday, today and forever (Hebrew 13:cool May God send his fire/judgement upon the spirit of the bondwoman in our nation Nigeria, that eyes may be open, hearts will be softened and we will all call upon the living God with a faithful heart. Amen
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by hafees: 7:49pm On Jan 18, 2007
dont you know u also part ofthe problem wit ur xtian only. religious bigotry ifu askme. pls change all nigerians should be encourage to pray . are u better because u belong to one religion
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by mrpataki(m): 8:40pm On Jan 18, 2007
@ hafees (mr 6post),

"It is as useless to throw a jewel among a heap of stones to increase its bulk, as to give honour to a fool." Proverbs 26:8

No point replying your stupidity.
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by goodguy(m): 11:45pm On Jan 18, 2007
mrpataki,

I think hafees has a point there (ignoring the pseudo-insults).

Why Christians only?  Why not all Nigerians?  Why do we constantly feel the need to segregate ourseleves from the rest of Nigeria?  Christians are not the only people that constitute the whole of the very nation we're praying for, you know.  It is statements like this that provoke the non-christians (Muslims especially) among us, thereby leading to a further disunity among us, and subsequently, the ever increasing backwardness of Nigeria.

We Christians should stop monopolizing God.  He is not our slave.  Christians, Muslims, believe in God.  We only see the same things from diferent perspectives.  I believe He is there for everyone, and everyone experiences Him in different ways.  It is only those that do not experience Him at all that become atheists.

Just as we find certain things ridiculous about Islam, Muslims also find certain things ridiculous about Christianity.  But that does not mean neither worships the true God.  Just as Christians pray and their prayers get answered, Muslims too pray and get answers.

Until we start seeing ourselves as ONE, regardless of religion, tribe, colour, etc, Nigeria will still remain the same, no matter how hard we pray.

@babyosisi, I really do shout a BIG AMEN to your prayers, but I guess you know God considers certain things before answering prayers; and in this case, I just highlighted one of them.  I'm quite sure you do not mean it the way I've made it to seem, but I just felt the need to point out the consequence of that statement (the title of this thread). No spite intended at all. As a matter of fact, I really do appreciate the fact that you created a thread like this. Nigeria really needs prayers indeed. My concern however, is that the title of this thread is antithetical to the very purpose of the thread itself, as well as the desires of the result that we expect from it.

God bless Nigeria.  God bless everyone.
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:51pm On Jan 18, 2007
just wanted to say this is the first time I've ever agreed with you goodguy

Well done cool
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by goodguy(m): 11:54pm On Jan 18, 2007
Lol!  God bless you, sister. smiley
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 19, 2007
please can more people( believers in Christ) post their prayers for Nigeria on the thread.
Let's not derail please.

Post your prayer for my dear nation and let the believers agree with you.
Christ is our only hope,if the situation in Nigeria is of concern to you pray and say it out loud on this thread.
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by chidebe: 12:52am On Jan 19, 2007
You are definitely in the spirit!
We sure need to pray for our beloved country.
May the Good Lord heal our land as we cry unto Him.
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:24am On Jan 19, 2007
Nigeria: While we are praying.

Nigerians love to pray! On the streets, in the church, mosque, shrines, at home, while travelling, eating, sleeping, stealing public funds, mismanaging our national resources, collecting bribe at illegal road blocks, every where a Nigerian is praying.
God has become the sole property of the federal republic of Nigeria, unfortunately rather than being the focus of a nation deeply in search of spiritual renewal, He has become the last resort of the common man struggling desperately to brave the storm of official indolence, corruption and gross ineptitude.
When over 500 people died in our air coffins, we promptly blamed the devil and reported the matter to God. It does not matter that our roads are no better than death traps, that our public transport system is made up of dangerous metallic contraptions, that armed robbers are better trained than our unfed policemen, that our students spend more time at home than in the classroom, that street hawking is now considered bonafide employment; we do not care, we would rather kneel down in prayer than tackle our fundamental problems.

While we are busy praying, Aso Rock is presently engulfed in a bitter power tussle that is more about access to the public till than service to the people. While we are praying, Atiku is busy cooling his heels in the USA trying to bribe his way into office.
While we are busy on our knees with our eyes firmly closed, hoodlums have hijacked our oil fields, cows and goats are being counted as part of the population and the public treasury emptied into private bank accounts.
Each time our nation is plunged into a tragedy that is a direct consequence of our ineptitude, our leaders "mourn", "vow" and urge us to pray while we wait anxiously for the next disaster.
While we struggle with candles to read our bibles and qurans, Ghana has celebrated more than 6 years of uninterrupted power supply.

Gowon took us to the precipice of collapse during a 3 yr civil war and destroyed our regional system of government replacing it with parasitic and non viable states that have become a huge burden on our oil reserves, yet he leads a renegade band of political jobbers urging us to pray.
After 8 years presiding over a civilian militocracy, baba will return to the classroom to learn how to pray.

Religion has been described as the opium of the people. It is not really that Nigeria is a nation of spiritual people, it is simply because our (s)elected representatives have failed us that we look towards our last source of hope; God!
Unfortunately it is those same leaders who are urging us the loudest to take our self-inflicted problems to the Lord in prayer!
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by opeemi1(m): 2:45pm On Jan 19, 2007
I reserve my comments.
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by goodguy(m): 2:50pm On Jan 19, 2007
@ davidylan, that was very well said.

@ babyosisi,

Heaven, they say, helps only those who help themselves. It is one thing for us to post our prayers on this thread, and other believers agree with us, it is another for God to even answer the prayers. How do you expect God to answer our prayers when those praying to him are not in unison with their fellow brethren, all in the name of religion. As I said earlier, until we begin to see ourselves as one, nothing will change in this country.

Moreso, posting our prayers on this thread will not solve anything, until we begin to face reality in this country. We have all been praying fervently for this country, coupled with long days of starving (fasting), yet nothing has changed. Until the fundamental problems are tackled (as right said by davidylan), Nigeria will forever remain the same.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 19, 2007
goodguy,I will not say nothing has changed.
There's been some glimmer of hope here and there.
This is a call to pray,focus on the positive not negative.
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by goodguy(m): 12:46pm On Jan 20, 2007
babyosisi, I hear you.

This is my own prayer for Nigeria:

May God help us to UNITE in this country. Amen!
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by opeemi1(m): 3:39pm On Jan 20, 2007
@ babyosisi

Nigeria is not for a certain group of people, it for every group of people. Though religion and ethnicity made us a little bit different, but that doesn't deprive us from living in peace. I believe the faith of Nigeria lies on our hands. Let us try to live a congruous life with each other. Its not by force to bring people to your religion, but letting them understand the truth which is now left of them to decide which part they want to stay.

Everybody has the equal right as christains to pray for there nation, this topic is a very good example of conflict which I don't think the nations wants. Lets try to avoid discrimination between ourselves.

My prayer for Nigeria: May the Lord restore peace and stabilization among our people. [size=13pt]Amen.[/size]
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by mrpataki(m): 1:41pm On Jan 21, 2007
The Lord shall make Nigeria to be the envy of other nations.

The Lord will make His face to shine upon Nigeria.

The Lord will establish His throne upon the Nation Nigeria.

Nations of the earth shall call us the beloved of the Lord.

In Nigeria, leadership problem, shall be remembered no more.

Peace shall rule upon the nation Nigeria (Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem).

The Lord shall cause His glorious voice to he heard upon Nigeria, and shall show the lighting down His arm (Isaiah 30:30).

The Lord shall do a new thing upon this nation, it shall spring forth, and we the beloved of the Lord shall know it. He will make a way in the wilderness and be a light unto our pathways.

Psalms 102:13 -Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Nigeria for the time to favor her, yea her set time is come.

Isa 45:11 -Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 21, 2007
Amen and a resounding Amen
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by gbadex1(m): 8:53pm On Jan 21, 2007
God bless Nigeria and Arsenal cheesy tongue

More blessings to Arsenal. God punish Man. Utd and Chelsea. Popsie won lo ma run down cheesy tongue
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 21, 2007
hey hey hey.
easy gbade,bless only don't curse.
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by gbadex1(m): 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2007
Lol, gbade couldn't help it. We tore their yansh 2-1 today. cheesy tongue

More blessings to Arsenal. Jeun soke ejoo o! cheesy
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 21, 2007
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by kenshin(m): 9:28pm On Jan 21, 2007
2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by gbadex1(m): 9:32pm On Jan 21, 2007
. . . and also Arsenal FC cheesy tongue.
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by bobby1(m): 11:32am On Jan 29, 2007
and chelasea also 999 quadrillion fold in jesus name amen and God should bless us with all four trophies this season amen
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by gbadex1(m): 11:19am On Feb 03, 2007
na only God go punish Chelsea. popsie won lo ma run down. . .
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by mrpataki(m): 12:04pm On Feb 03, 2007
@ gbade.x,
Taking a closer look at the map of Africa, Nigeria stands has the trigger of a gun where Gods plan might actually spring out from. The Arsenal that we may not be even thinking of! Keep praying for Arsenal as well.

GUNNERS FOR LIFE MEN!!!!!!!!!!!! wink
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by gbadex1(m): 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2007
O2/emirates for life, men!!

Ogbeni pataki, pray for Arsenal o! We dey play that ashewo team, Bolton!
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by 4Play(m): 6:04pm On Feb 03, 2007
The title of the thread,Christians Only,Please Pray For our Nation,Nigeria,suggests that only christians should pray for Nigeria,presumably muslims and "pagans" should not pray for Nigeria.

NB:Nigeria will never know peace as long as there are many Arsenal supporters in Nigeria.Statistically,support for Arsenal is linked with immorality,for instance Bin Laden is a well known Arsenal fan
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by mrpataki(m): 6:16pm On Feb 03, 2007
@ 4play,
4 Play:

The title of the thread,Christians Only,Please Pray For our Nation,Nigeria,suggests that only christians should pray for Nigeria,presumably muslims and "pagans" should not pray for Nigeria.

NB:Nigeria will never know peace as long as there are many Arsenal supporters in Nigeria.Statistically,support for Arsenal is linked with immorality,for instance Bin Laden is a well known Arsenal fan

Bless and dont curse. From where was your statistics drawn out from?
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by 4Play(m): 6:32pm On Feb 03, 2007
mrpataki:

@ 4play,
Bless and don't curse. From where was your statistics drawn out from?

From the Mancunian Institute for the Study of Deviancy Amongst Arsenal Fans(MISDAAF)
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by gbadex1(m): 8:52pm On Feb 03, 2007
Stastitical bullshit my ass!

You're prolly one of them Man.U/Chelsea luving fans!

Screw them Reds and Blue fools!!

NB: Osama was a Man.U fan. He used to slug it out back in the day with them soccer moms. He got his ass whooped severally and blew Two Towers into smithereens as revenge.
Re: Christians Only,please Pray For our nation,Nigeria. by kenshin(m): 5:55pm On Feb 04, 2007
* coughs *
are we praying or turning the thread into a premiership brawl? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Exactly Is It About Traditional Religion That We (YOU) Fear? / Matthew Chapter 24. What Exegesis Can You Contribute To This Chapter / Help For A Baby Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.