Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. (6595 Views)

My Pastor Or GOD , Who Should I Listen To ? (Christians ONLY Please ) / How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) / The Wrath Of God: Discussion About Hell - Strictly Christians Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by God2man(m): 8:07pm On Oct 15, 2011
Testimonies are welcome here from christians only. This is to boost our christian faith and also to edify others. If you have any testimony on what Jesus has done from anybody or you have a testimony yourself, do not hesitate to share those testimonies here. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 15, 2011
Though i know God answers prayers but the speed of how i got result of my prayers couple of weeks ago is amazing. I prayed about something regarding an assignment at work and God answered my request. same would be executed next week. Our God is good
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by Joagbaje(m): 10:19am On Oct 16, 2011
If I share testimonies here, some will not believe. Should I still go ahead? grin
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by Nimshi: 10:27am On Oct 16, 2011
toba:

Though i know God answers prayers but the speed of how i got result of my prayers couple of weeks ago is amazing. I prayed about something regarding an assignment at work and God answered my request. same would be executed next week. Our God is good

It's amazing how our God is then slow to respond to the urgent prayers of black Christians in Sudan praying - notto perform well at work - but to stay alive. I hate to suggest a misplacement of priorities.

Is it Christian for Christians in Nigeria not to share the grief of Christians in Sudan?

Or, heck, what about Christians who were recently devastated by floods in Nigeria? Swift answers to their desperate prayers? Guess not. Why not?

Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 16, 2011
Nimshi:

It's amazing how our God is then slow to respond to the urgent prayers of black Christians in Sudan praying - notto perform well at work - but to stay alive. I hate to suggest a misplacement of priorities.

Is it Christian for Christians in Nigeria not to share the grief of Christians in Sudan?

Or, heck, what about Christians who were recently devastated by floods in Nigeria? Swift answers to their desperate prayers? Guess not. Why not?

only God knows whats wrong with some ppl if its comprehension challenge they have or something more terrible than that.
The op said Christians only and testimonies. If u ve nothing meaningful or reasonable to share, why dont u STFU? If u have issues with the way God works why dont u seek for God and direct your issues to him? FYI i was also hit by one of the recent flood in Nigeria and i lost things worth thousands of Naira, does that mean i should stop praising or believing in God cos of my challenges? smh
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by Nimshi: 11:22am On Oct 16, 2011
Then you ought to keep this on a private forum.

It's not uncommon for religious types challenged to think clearly to misapprehend the meaning of public fora.

The poster dirctly above - who also clearly claims to praise and believe in a deity - is a useful example.
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 16, 2011
Nimshi:

It's not uncommon for religious types challenged to think clearly to misapprehend the meaning of public fora.

The poster dirctly above - who also clearly claims to praise and believe in a deity - is a useful example.
even though this is a public forum or public fora or public whatever, its still a moderated forum hence to prevent frivolous comments and public display of act of nuisance and stupidity. One of the mods stated it unequivocally that if anyone opens a thread and explicitly states in the op his/her target audience, it shall be unlawful for members to go against such plea. I suggest u go through the forum rules and check whether it contains something about derailing a thread. I've had my own thread cleaned and off topic posts deleted here on this Religion Board
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by Nimshi: 11:41am On Oct 16, 2011
Even if one accepts everything in your post above, you'd still be wrong.

The original post requested for testimonies from Christians.

It did not outlaw a discussion of those testimonies.

I notice you'd written something about comprehension above.

Speck in an eye, but log in yours . . .

Perhaps you ought to read with better attention?

Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by God2man(m): 3:59pm On Oct 16, 2011
Joagbaje:

If I share testimonies here, some will not believe. Should I still go ahead? grin
please sir go ahead with your testimony. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 16, 2011
i have another testimony.

A woman has be married for 22 years and had been waiting upon the lord ever since. She gave birth yesterday Saturday afternoon having carried the baby for the normal 9months. The testimony was shared with the assembly members today.

God is awesome

1 Like

Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by zataxs: 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2011
I have another testimony too

A woman has be married for 25 years and had been waiting upon the lord ever since. She gave birth 9 months ago after having carried the baby for the normal 9months. The baby died yesterday morning . Her testimony about the miracle of birth was shared with the assembly members just after she gave birth.

God is "awesome"
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2011
Nimshi:

Or perhaps we ought to act like your muslim brothers - threaten to kill the mods or force them to create our own private fora? Seems to work just fine . . .
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by Nimshi: 5:44pm On Oct 16, 2011
zataxs:

I have another testimony too

A woman has be married for 25 years and had been waiting upon the lord ever since. She gave birth 9 months ago after having carried the baby for the normal 9months. The baby died yesterday morning . Her testimony about the miracle of birth was shared with the assembly members just after she gave birth.

God is "awesome"

Well . . . this may be exceptional.

1) How old was the woman when she got married?

2) Are we sure she revealed all involved in her pregnancy? There're women who seek advanced medical intervention while also praying; curiously, they attribute any ensuing success to the power of prayers, alone, of course.

wink
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by Nimshi: 5:48pm On Oct 16, 2011
davidylan:

Or perhaps we ought to act like your muslim brothers - threaten to kill the mods or force them to create our own private fora? Seems to work just fine . . .

Not sure. Jesus perhaps wouldn't approve, or would he?

Heck, you're not even allowed to think such thoughts, or are you?
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 16, 2011
Nimshi:

Not sure. Jesus perhaps wouldn't approve, or would he?

Heck, you're not even allowed to think such thoughts, or are you?

A hypothetical statement meant to expose your hypocrisy.
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by Nimshi: 6:11pm On Oct 16, 2011
Nothing hypothetical; those are two statements/questions that speak to the core beliefs of Christian religious beliefs.

You've got more hypocrisy in your pinkie than I've got in my whole body.

Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 16, 2011
Nimshi:

Nothing hypothetical; those are two statements/questions that speak to the core beliefs of Christian religious beliefs.

You've got more hypocrisy in your pinkie than I've got in my whole body.

Dumb. I know what the core beliefs in christianity are, i am also aware that muslims disgustingly exploit this to their advantage. Muslims can throttle debate on islam with violence and intolerance but then are more than happy to denigrate christianity while pointing to "turn the other cheek" . . .
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by Nimshi: 6:23pm On Oct 16, 2011
davidylan:

Dumb. I know what the core beliefs in christianity are, i am also aware that muslims disgustingly exploit this to their advantage. Muslims can throttle debate on islam with violence and intolerance but then are more than happy to denigrate christianity while pointing to "turn the other cheek" . . .

1) I don't think you're dumb; and yest, I probably also know a bit about Christianity too.

2) I could also agree that Muslims 'exploit' Christian beliefs (they'd be s.tupid not to); there's only one thing for pacifists to do once they decide to go to war: fight.

3) You'd have to ask yourself if your Lord and saviour would be proud to have you call one of his creations 'dumb'. This illusion - that the other is dumb - is often a distinguishing factor of fundies of all hue; it's also a hint that you've already lost the argument.

4) It's also clear you're under a dangerous misapprehension. Your master isn't very proud of you now, David.
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by zataxs: 7:30pm On Oct 16, 2011
@Nimshi
The baby died, you see
That's the testimony
we get to hear of the success, when God gave life what about when he ripped it away from a mother's breast
so to answer

Well . . . this may be exceptional.

1) How old was the woman when she got married?
<<I don't know, it is a fictional item just to portray that as God gives to the unexpected he also takes away from those who least expect, it cuts both ways>>

2) Are we sure she revealed all involved in her pregnancy? There're women who seek advanced medical intervention while also praying; curiously, they attribute any ensuing success to the power of prayers, alone, of course.

<<success of giving birth at an old age has nothing to do with God naturally, because God needs to exist first
>>

All I am asking is, what about the other side of the coin? the dark side, are those testimonies too? when God doesn't give you what you want and you die like that?
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by God2man(m): 9:11am On Oct 17, 2011
Life is a raging storm,capturing competent swimmers. You see, when a man has not exprienced problem,adversity,trials,that are beyond his ability,he will boast that it is by his own shrewdness that has made him to triumph in life. This will lead me to my testimony. My wife and I have been serving the Lord for few years back then, she was chorister,while i was in the prayer warrior Group. This thing happened a decade ago. After, we got married , she took in ,but due to one problem or the other we lost the pregnancy,we were downcast and discouraged, how could this happened to us. Let me pause for a while. Again, i am appealing to christians on nairaland to come this thread and share their testimonies,that we edify others not to cause argument,but use this thread to exalt the name of the Lord. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by freecocoa(f): 1:15pm On Oct 17, 2011
*Enters thread singing*,what the lord has done for me ,I cannot tell it all3x,he saved me and washed me with his blood,
So I can shout hallelujah2x
So I can shout praise the lord.

PraaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiisSssseeee the lord,children of God praaa prrraaaa praaa praise the lord.

Where do I start from?cos if I want to talk about his goodness in my life,eternity will not be enough.
Because of time,I'll just cut it short, I want to thank God for keeping me alive up to this day,many people are dead,my mates,those I'm older than.unborn babies etc,but I'm alive today,its not cos I'm better than those that died,its just God's mercy,indeed he is a faithful God and he answers prayers,he delivered my dad from the hands of ndi oji abali aga(people wey get night)I just want you all to help me say BABA ESE.

*exists thread singing,what shall I say unto the lord,all I have to say is thank you lord.
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by ZUBBYNWA(m): 1:16pm On Oct 17, 2011
God is so good and awesome, My eldest Sister married since 1999 but no fruit of womb after some years of prayer, God favoured her with twins (one boy and one girl) this year. Please join us as we dedicated them to the alter of God this Sunday

1 Like

Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by ImaIma1(f): 1:30pm On Oct 17, 2011
@Nimshi.shebi the topic reads that its for christians to share testimonies.why are u then trying very hard to be a thorn in the flesh.dis is how violence btw christians and muslims start o.
if i were to see a topic that involves muslims, i may not even open it and even if i do, i ill observe rather than be a confusionist amongst them.
der r many other topics to contribute to.must it be dis one.HABA!!!
we know u love us christians but please try to be less aggressive wit the love. but then tht may be too much to ask.
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 17, 2011
I can only say that God has been very good to over and over again from saving me from death destruction and famine

I was fifteen and my brother's friend brought a gun to the house it belonged to his uncle a police officer,he said the gun wasn’t loaded and we started to play with it,first my brother pointed the gun at my temple he clicked it twice and nothing happened,I took the gun and pointed it at his friend and fired, a bullet came out the friend ducked and it entered the wall.all I could do was scream.

Years ago was staying with a roommate and misplaced the key,I wanted to break the lock and everyone said I should break it…something said don’t do it
the girl came back and we enetrd the house,that night robbers about eight came and tried to force it open,then they left and robbed almost every body else.

2004/2005 I was I in office FRSC and this man a very wealthy man there kept staring at me,he took my number and started bothering me to meet him at a hotel,I ignored him,a year later went to get my drivers licence and saw him in an obituary…ayah I said when I saw him,I asked some one so this man is dead,the person said, na too many women kill am,they give am the disease wey big come get small name, aids…I was saved.

2008 July was on my way to Abaji with my collegues,our driver was easily excitable ,so my boss was heaping praises about how good a driver he was and he started driving crazy , now the lane isn’t dualised so the driver was trying to overtake a bus and a truck at a curve and just then a trailer came from the other lane full speed…people oin the bus we were trying to overtake started crying and wailing for us because we were dead as far as we could see, me I just thought This is it, the end of my life, i really don’t know how God saved us till this day and we came out alive.

I have never slept without a roof over my head, have never gone to bed hungry, I came to Abuja for my service with only 4,000,but since then I have had bought a car sold it and am riding another one.
I have been blessed by God in every way possible. I am not rich but I am ok God is good and may his name be glorified because has satisfied my mouth with good things may his name be praised….nothing pass God

1 Like

Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by stagger: 1:36pm On Oct 17, 2011
Nimshi:

Respect yourself, keep your stupidity in check and get out of this place. You read it clearly; this is for Christians only to be able to share testimonies and bolster the faith of fellow Christians who are having challenges.

This is not the place for religious arguments. So don't display your stupidity here; if you went to school and you can read, then you should know you are not supposed to be here concocting and fomenting trouble.

Once more, KEEP YOUR STUPIDITY IN CHECK AND LEAVE THIS PLACE! angry
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by ImaIma1(f): 1:38pm On Oct 17, 2011
i thank God for life and protection.its really the grace of God to go out and come back whole amidst the chaos and unrest in the country.
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 17, 2011
The lord delivered me from the hands of a demonic girl, grin

She nearly ruin my lifeeeeeee, But now sugar don plenty for my tea grin
Hlep me shout Alelluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 17, 2011
But for real, the lord has been so wonderful to me, he saved me from a very serious accident i had this year, he saved me from a sickness that came up early this year, and he also Got me a Good Job in a miraculous way + a good apartment of mine. All within a year after my NYSC, Join me at singing this song. Jesu mi seun seun Olorun mi seun seun.

Pls note: The next person should make his/her testimony short , Once i was blind now i can see grin
Some body shout Halleluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 17, 2011
never been ill for more than a day,my family is alive and healthy,this year i am going to Beijing  for a course all expenses paid for.,you have to understand i grew up with nothing and in my Uni i wore hand me downs and atimes bathroom slippers now i can give and even lend to those in need .God is good and faithful to the good and pure in heart, just love ur neighbour be he hausa,yoruba Igbo because we are all children of the same God,be merciful to the poor,give and be liberal,call on God and delight in his ways and he will open the heavens for u in his love mercy and grace
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by Diligence: 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2011
We thank God for His mercy, love and kindness, expressed in various forms, towards us, as corporate body, families and as individuals, despite challenges!

God is good all the time!
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by chinedumo(m): 1:52pm On Oct 17, 2011
I think This is a good idea
to worship the Lord together

to share of the Lord's goodness of by which we are not consumed!

i have a page on Facebook for similar stuff like this

if u care to join and share

Do so!

www.facebook.com/YahwehWorshippers

i will also love to share these testimonies else where
Re: Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. by freecocoa(f): 1:58pm On Oct 17, 2011
@ijogz k,thank God for your life,just wanna say hey,op please I don't mean to derail,ijogz catch ya lera,gat to be somwhere now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jesus Told His Disciples To Take A Donkey And Colt Without The Owner's Consent / What Does Catching A Tortoise In A Dream Signifies / Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.