Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Edo State Nysc Is Appalling - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Edo State Nysc Is Appalling (4087 Views)

VACANCY - Teachers Wanted In Benin City, Edo State / NYSC Is Recruiting Now Til Dec. / Re:vacancies In New Hotel In Benin City, Edo State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo State Nysc Is Appalling by princeken(m): 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2007
Has anyone heard about NYSC in Edo state, If you have , i bet it was nothing good and if you've not, i must tell you its the worst state for any corper to be posted to for service, no thanks to the governor of the state.
The orientation camp was restructured just a few months ago and before then, it was hell. It was only by the saving grace of God that no one was hurt because we were actually sleeping with snakes and scorpions in uncompleted buildings ( for real), and apart from the Federal Government allowance of 8,500, corpers get nothing else as local employers pay next to nothing while the state and local governments pay absolutely nothing.
So if you're waiting for service or you know someone who is, better start fasting and praying that you shouldn't be posted to this confounded state.
Re: Edo State Nysc Is Appalling by Macteejay2(m): 7:03pm On Jan 18, 2007
Bros l concor with the issue you raised. l served there too and most corpers left with bitter experiences. The only joy of serving in that state is if God speared your life to tell the tales. The so-called governor of that state is not helping matters. The cost of transportation is something l 'll never forget in my life. Well potential corpers shine your eyes.
One love guys.
Re: Edo State Nysc Is Appalling by maxjax(m): 7:20pm On Jan 18, 2007
but each time i listen to the corpers corner on radio (ITV BENIN) your fellow corpers are always fund of sayin they are happy of their being posted to the state. wel i believe you guyz here because i live in benin too, and of cuz its a hard place 2 stay. btw the camp is at ABUDU hope im correct!!!
Re: Edo State Nysc Is Appalling by vycente(m): 11:31am On Jan 19, 2007
contrary to the various opinion, i read about this topic, but dont think the best way to go about it is to discourage freshers, my posting to edo statwe is not my doin or our doin, the camp was really bad wen we got in, the governor no try, we all know that gist, rejection was the koko when were there, but, i know with the new state co-ordinator, has done so much, most of these things are not like it used to be. i dont know what your definition of NYSC IS, butr i think it's a year of service, when i say on corper's corner (i'm a presenter) that i'm having fun, i mean it because of the way i have structured my programme, service can be really misreable if you want it to be, i share your various pains, which sincerely i also went through, but i dont have any regret over my service. i think anybody coming to edo state should just seek for favour.
Re: Edo State Nysc Is Appalling by funshiba(m): 12:03pm On Jan 19, 2007
contrary to the various opinion, i read about this topic, but don't think the best way to go about it is to discourage freshers, my posting to edo statwe is not my doin or our doin, the camp was really bad when we got in, the governor no try, we all know that gist, rejection was the koko when were there, but, i know with the new state co-ordinator, has done so much, most of these things are not like it used to be. i don't know what your definition of NYSC IS, butr i think it's a year of service, when i say on corper's corner (i'm a presenter) that i'm having fun, i mean it because of the way i have structured my programme, service can be really misreable if you want it to be, i share your various pains, which sincerely i also went through, but i don't have any regret over my service. i think anybody coming to edo state should just seek for favour.
Re: Edo State Nysc Is Appalling by okeyz(m): 2:10pm On Jan 19, 2007
well i served in Edo state in 2001/2002,when we got there it was nothing to write home about but what did we corpers do ? we did'nt complain we just tried to enjoy ourselves as best as we could .
We organised parties and invited our frineds and all,although the state sucks but if you are a happening guy or babe you will definitely find your rythm,afterall some people were posted to gembu , a nondescript town near cameroun and they can not see any body to complain to.
Just have fun wherever you can catch it and forget about the system it was not mearnt to work.
I still look with fond memories about my own NYSC experiences and i can not help but smile at all the good times i had with my friends and that has really strengthened the bond of friendship amongst us ,So MEN let the STATE serve you and not the other way round grin
Re: Edo State Nysc Is Appalling by sphinx147: 5:52pm On Jan 19, 2007
The NYSC in Edo state is improving. As a member of the corpers' corner news crew, I have been priviledged to have access to information and at least we now know for sure that the state Govt is giving all outgoing batch A corps members a parting gift. Even though the camp was far worse than many of you guys could ever imagine, I have been there in recent times and the improvement there is fantastic - Thanks to the efforts of the new state coordinator Mr. A.A. Olota. corpers are now singing a new song. Funsho was right. service in Edo state is fun but you just have to be in the right place to catch it. See u on P.O.P
Re: Edo State Nysc Is Appalling by ogwudeuku(m): 7:52pm On Jan 19, 2007
Prince Ken yu should try and say some thing important, rathern than coming over here to open ur mouth and say what yu dont know,well am not from Edo state but Delta,by the way what state are yu from?Did yu going to camp to see what a state has 4 yu or to do ur national duties as on when due yu leave there,pls say some thing reasonable like a graduate.
Thanks dude
Re: Edo State Nysc Is Appalling by ronique: 10:41pm On Jan 19, 2007
Pls 4 d batch A's in d house cld u tell me d exact day of ur P.O.P. I passed out last yr Aug from Ede in Osun state & wish 2 send d batch A friends i made b4 leaving congratulatory msgs prior 2 dia passing out. Service yr 2 me is a yr of self growth & fun. I reali enjoyed mine.
Re: Edo State Nysc Is Appalling by ronique: 10:43pm On Jan 19, 2007
Pls 4 d batch A's in d house cld u tell me d exact day of ur P.O.P. I passed out last yr Aug from Ede in Osun state & wish 2 send d batch A friends i made b4 leaving congratulatory msgs prior 2 dia passing out. Service yr 2 me is a yr of self growth & fun. I reali enjoyed mine.
Re: Edo State Nysc Is Appalling by ronique: 10:44pm On Jan 19, 2007
Re: Edo State Nysc Is Appalling by ronique: 10:45pm On Jan 19, 2007

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy @ Rkvil Nigeria / First Bank Pay / Nscdc Apointment Letters For Senior Cadre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.