Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering (19265 Views)

Queen Tardoo: First Lady To Study Aeronautical Engineering From Benue / UNILAG TV: First University TV Station In Nigeria Begins Operation On January 17 / Hauwa Umar Usman Graduates With 1st Class In Aeronautical Engineering From UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by Gentlesoul96(m): 12:38pm On Feb 27, 2017
Great Kwasite.
God bless kwasu.
God bless the v.c
God bless kwara state.
God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by 100Cents: 12:46pm On Feb 27, 2017
The body of the write up stated that they just applied for the accreditation and waiting for NUC arrival.

What is the celebration ?
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by olaitan9291(m): 12:51pm On Feb 27, 2017
soath:
Where learning will be theoretical till graduation.

Hatter
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by olaitan9291(m): 12:51pm On Feb 27, 2017
INTERMAN:
Kwasu kor kwashiorkor ni
Hatter

1 Like

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by madridguy(m): 1:02pm On Feb 27, 2017
noted.
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by kenoz(m): 1:09pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nice one.
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by kenoz(m): 1:12pm On Feb 27, 2017
Nice one from Kwasu
My condolence to the HOD for the loss
Greatest Kwasuites

2 Likes

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by teeemmanuel(m): 1:18pm On Feb 27, 2017
femi4:
Is that how "PHD" is written? What a disgrace!
Like u wrote it correctly either. U also wrote pHD. Don't u see u are the bigger disgrace here. My advice to u is to always check yourself well before faulting others and mind u its PhD not pHD. Understood?

2 Likes

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by OlujobaSamuel: 1:19pm On Feb 27, 2017
another virtual engineer in the making.
I cant imagine that the vc is so happy for delivering a lecture at NUC, 9ja sef.
call me hater, na you sabi, but no forget mention the invention(s) of either lecturers or students of the school before adding aero to it.

1 Like

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by femi4: 1:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
teeemmanuel:
Like u wrote it correctly either. U also wrote pHD. Don't u see u are the bigger disgrace here. My advice to u is to always check yourself well before faulting others and mind u its PhD not pHD. Understood?
Olodo....that was not written by me. I only put what he typed in quote. You must be blind not to see that both the quote and bold were the same
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by vintage01: 1:25pm On Feb 27, 2017
Aeronautical engineering? In a country that cannot manufacture a car tyre from scratch to finish? Joke of the 21st century.

We have lost focus and we definitely don't know the areas where we have comparative advantage. Of what use is an aeronautical department and degree to a rudimentary economy like Nigeria that is deficient in relevant IT and infrastructure environment?

If you have ever schooled abroad and you have seen the kind of infrastructures in engineering colleges, you will know this venture from KWASU is dead on arrival.

1 Like

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 27, 2017
Ab0ki always have it. North First.
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by topsydo15(m): 1:51pm On Feb 27, 2017
I thought some animals said Saraki did nothing in kwara. Maybe it's their dad that established that model University.

1 Like

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by erico2k2(m): 1:51pm On Feb 27, 2017
femi4:
Is that how "PHD" is written? What a disgrace!
Plz show me how PHD is written .
PS:Your foolishness has high voltage . Smh .
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by Graccccccccy(f): 1:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
World Class University!

2 Likes

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by erico2k2(m): 1:55pm On Feb 27, 2017
teeemmanuel:
Thank U jare 2much ITK people on Nairaland . I have stopped correcting people in thier grammatical and spelling mistakes cos anyone can make mistake plus your phone fit fall you hand grin
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by femi4: 1:57pm On Feb 27, 2017
erico2k2:

Plz show me how PHD is written .
PS:Your foolishness has high voltage . Smh .
Olodo ....This is how its written PhD
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by AuroraB(f): 2:04pm On Feb 27, 2017
Op, Shebi you couldn't reach that other continent wey KWASU dey
Na the liason office for town you snap send undecided
Abi una don relocate to town grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by erico2k2(m): 2:16pm On Feb 27, 2017
femi4:
Olodo ....This is how its written PhD
A simple trip by ur ol man to the chemist would have saved him dis embarassment
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by gabng(m): 2:44pm On Feb 27, 2017
With Ilorin college of aviation having about 10 flight training aircrafts, Kwara State seems to be plotting to become dominant player in aviation manpower development. Kudos to them.

erico2k2:

This is soo good
I hope the spend half of the course work time on the hangers rather than classrooms .
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by 234ng44uk(m): 2:46pm On Feb 27, 2017
What's Kwara state university on world university ranking?
sunmbo123:
Dear University Community,

I am writing on two matters, one good news and the other terrible news. The NUC has formally written the Kwara State University approving the University's full mode of Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering (B. Eng.) degree program, and I must congratulate all our students and staff in Engineering, especially the department of aeronautical and astronautical engineering for their hard work and patience, that have led to this great success. By this news, KWASU has retained its record as the first-ever Nigerian University to institute a degree program in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering. Our dear students and staff can be proud of their University! We have formally submitted an invitation to NUC for accreditation as we are fully ready for the NUC accreditation.

On the sad news was the recent death, on February 22, 2017, of a son of the HOD of the Department of Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering, Prof. S. Talabi. This is a very terrible story that has shaken the Department, the College and the entire campus, and we pray God Almighty to stand by Prof. Talabi, console him and strengthen him, and forgive the son and make him a child of Paradise. Please feel free all to sympathize with and console Prof. Talabi on this sorrow. It is from God that we all came and to Him we shall all return.

Dear University Community, I must seize this opportunity to express my heart-felt gratitude to all from this great community who sent me congratulatory messages on being asked to give the 2017 Nigerian Academy of Letters (NAL) lecture, jointly organized by NAL and the National Universities Commission, and which I delivered at the Idris AbdulKadir Hall, National Universities Commission (NUC), Abuja, on February 23, 2017. I thank everyone in KWASU that worked towards the success of the lecture.

KWASU Chancellor, His Excellency, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari sent a representative to the lecture and so was the Governing Council of this University. The Kwara State Commissioner for Tertiary Education, KWASU Registrar and his family, Humanities, Management and Social Sciences Provost and Academic Coordinator, Dean, School of Post Graduate Studies, Director, Kwara State University Press and his staff, Protocol Officer Hakeem Alohunmata, VC's PA, AbdulKadir AbdulKareem of the Electrical Unit of the Works Department, KWASU Drivers Coordinator, UR Staff Alawo, and many more from KWASU, all attended.

The overwhelming kind messages and solidarity that I continue to receive from you all too numerous to list here are indication of your generosity and love. Without question, the honor for this lecture belongs to our dear University and to all of you!

I look forward to seeing you all on campus!

All my best wishes,

Abdul-Rasheed

__
Prof. AbdulRasheed Na'Allah, PhD (Alberta)
Vice Chancellor and Chief Executive
Kwara State University, Malete
P.M.B 1530
Ilorin, Kwara State
Nigeria

Email Address: abdulrasheed.naallah@kwasu.edu.ng
Phone: +2348062650613
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by YESpParticipant: 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2017
Also Read...

YES-P NATIONWIDE PROTEST: we just submitted a letter to the office of the Inspector General of Police and the Lagos State police commissioner to notify them. Kindly follow our progress here... https://www.nairaland.com/3652654/yes-p-notice-peaceful-nationwide-protest
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by dbrown(m): 3:10pm On Feb 27, 2017
coolshegs10:
I don't know whether I should celebrate or bash them, congratulations anyway.
Nevertheless, I'll still speak my mind.
So out of all the universities in Nigeria, Kwasu was the only one fit to house this course? Mere looking at the university's poor infrastructures, one would deduce that they are yet to get the fundamental equipments they need to kick off.
Why should this even bother me, when the self-acclaimed engineering students in my school are yet to start any practical.

When will Nigeria be great?

what you dont know, don't say!

kwasu has one of the best infrastructures in Nigeria,maybe you should go there and check it yourself, NCOs of its nice structures and conducive environment, they have a lot of foreign students and staff, and recently built the second largest library in Africa..

1 Like

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by PublicAssurance: 3:24pm On Feb 27, 2017
Goodluck learning Aeronuatics in Kwara State!
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by sunmbo123(m): 3:24pm On Feb 27, 2017
coolshegs10:
So out of all the universities in Nigeria, Kwasu was the only one fit to house this course? Mere looking at the university's poor infrastructures, one would deduce that they are yet to get the fundamental equipments they need to kick off.
Why should this even bother me, when the self-acclaimed engineering students in my school are yet to start any practical.

poor infrastructures you say??
I'm a student of the school
mechanical engineering
why don't you come on over for a trip to tell school
you'll be wowed
the only aspect I don't like is the exorbitant fees
200k plus for non indigene

1 Like

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by sunmbo123(m): 3:26pm On Feb 27, 2017
dbrown:

what you dont know, don't say!

kwasu has one of the best infrastructures in Nigeria,maybe you should go there and check it yourself, NCOs of its nice structures and conducive environment, they have a lot of foreign students and staff, and recently built the second largest library in Africa..

still in construction
largest library in sub saharan Africa

1 Like

Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by sunmbo123(m): 3:28pm On Feb 27, 2017
mu2sa2:
Two things baffle me about this state-owned university -i) high fees even though nothing spectacular about the institution, ii) the name - changed to Abubakar Sola Saraki University, but everybody still calls it Kwasu( maybe a quiet protest).

first of
everything is spectacular about the school
secondly
it's name was not changed although it was proposed
it wasn't changed
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by sunmbo123(m): 3:32pm On Feb 27, 2017
Graccccccccy:
World Class University!

you a student you a kwasite?
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by erico2k2(m): 3:33pm On Feb 27, 2017
gabng:

With Ilorin college of aviation having about 10 flight training aircrafts, Kwara State seems to be plotting to become dominant player in aviation manpower development. Kudos to them.

That's great . I hope they have capable manpower to train these next generation of Engineers .
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by mu2sa2: 4:31pm On Feb 27, 2017
sunmbo123:

first of
everything is spectacular about the school
secondly
it's name was not changed although it was proposed
it wasn't changed
Tell me what is spectacular about a school located in the bush. As for the change of name, please note that it was effected legally when your state house of assembly amended the law establishing the university in 2013.
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by zoneboy: 4:33pm On Feb 27, 2017
coolshegs10:

Poor infrastructures. If u dnt knw stuffs just keep shut
Re: KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering by zoneboy: 4:35pm On Feb 27, 2017
mu2sa2:
Two things baffle me about this state-owned university -i) high fees even though nothing spectacular about the institution, ii) the name - changed to Abubakar Sola Saraki University, but everybody still calls it Kwasu( maybe a quiet protest).

High fees. Goto federal unis then. What's high dia. Name not yet changed mind you. Stop spreading fake news

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Five Ex-militants Graduate From Law School (photos) / FG Avert SSANU Strike; Pays Outstanding Salaries / Post Ur Waec Grades And Lets Celebrate Or Console You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.