Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair - Fashion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair (97995 Views)

Tips On How To Grow Your Natural Hair Using Cooking Ingredients / 5 Tips On How To Protect Your Natural Hair This Harmattan Season / Check Out My Natural Hair 2 Years After Being Mocked About My Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 25, 2017
frob0genius:

Sent the pm
Yh, I've seen it, waiting for you to reply, already replied bk
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 25, 2017
Ginaz:
Oh lovelygurl, I'm so happy right now. grin

It's been long house, I have stopped quarreling with my hair and made peace. Since my hair hates anything product so much I've gone natural. I no longer use shampoo and conditioner cos it's a waste of time actually. angry

My hair has grown so much since I started listening to it. My hair is a low maintenance chick cheesy who cares? It is favoring me.

One thing I've noticed and which perplexed me is this... whenever I twist with my natural hair and leave it for weeks it grows in length. No hair styles have done this.

Does it mean I have to be twisting my hair always? I'm getting tired of it but it seems that's what my hair likes best.

I wanted to show pictures so you can see how my hair is now and how it has grown lengthy just from twists alone. But bad network.

Well, I'm happy for you grin grin grin

I think it's because twists act as a protective style, so I'm guessing any protective style will do e.g braids or even buns/puffs etc
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Ginaz(f): 10:33pm On Oct 25, 2017
Look at what twist did to my hair. I left it for only two weeks lovelygurl. I didn't use shampoo or conditioner when I twisted it since it would make my hair very dry and brittle. And my hair grew this much.

2 Likes

Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Ginaz(f): 10:37pm On Oct 25, 2017
lovelygurl:

Well, I'm happy for you grin grin grin

I think it's because twists act as a protective style, so I'm guessing any protective style will do e.g braids or even buns/puffs etc

But I used other protective styles, none gave my hair this much growth.
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2017
Ginaz:
Look at what twist did to my hair. I left it for only two weeks lovelygurl. I didn't use shampoo or conditioner when I twisted it since it would make my hair very dry and brittle. And my hair grew this much.

Wow! It really did grow a lot shocked
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Ginaz(f): 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2017
lovelygurl:

Wow! It really did grow a lot shocked

I told you. My hair likes it so so much. All I did was spray it with water and left it like that.

I was surprised myself.
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by gracile(f): 7:44am On Oct 26, 2017
lovelygurl:

You'd be surprised how effective those diys work. You just have to find the right one for you. As long as your hair is popping who cares about what you used to achieve it grin. I tried the oil and honey deep conditioner once. It really worked, I just found it quite messy. I have not tried any mayonnaise though because my hair hates proteins but I don't see a reason why you shouldn't. A lot of YouTubers do.

There's this fulani inspired braids that's been trending for a while. I think they are quite dope
Yea it actually works I didn't expect my hair will grow this rapidly after the big chop although I also thread my hair with this local rubber thread and wear a wig on it of course cheesy
I can't wait for it to grow longer so I can start flaunting it. This week him planning to use banana to prepoo, saw it on Pinterest I'll Conan give you guys a feedback(with pics) wink
By the way here's my number for the WhatsApp group
Please mention when you get it but don't quote cos I'll like to modify and remove it later. Thank you
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by frob0genius(f): 8:25am On Oct 26, 2017
lovelygurl:
Yh, I've seen it, waiting for you to reply, already replied bk
Done
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 26, 2017
Ginaz:

I told you. My hair likes it so so much. All I did was spray it with water and left it like that.

I was surprised myself.

Lol, if that is what works for you then go girl!
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 26, 2017
gracile:

Yea it actually works I didn't expect my hair will grow this rapidly after the big chop although I also thread my hair with this local rubber thread and wear a wig on it of course cheesy
I can't wait for it to grow longer so I can start flaunting it. This week him planning to use banana to prepoo, saw it on Pinterest I'll Conan give you guys a feedback(with pics) wink
By the way here's my number for the WhatsApp group
Please mention when you get it but don't quote cos I'll like to modify and remove it later. Thank you

You have to really tell us how the banana prepoo goes! Been wanting to try it and there are banana here looking really attractive and ready to be used. And done, you're in the group

1 Like

Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 26, 2017
MamusVee

Already replied your pm, you just have to send your number now wink

1 Like

Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by SwTeee(f): 11:00pm On Oct 27, 2017
would like to join the watsapp group...here is my number . @lovelygurl kindly mention me when u get this,so that i can edit.im in love with my hair now.
keep the good work going.
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 28, 2017
SwTeee:
would like to join the watsapp group...here is my number. @lovelygurl kindly mention me when u get this,so that i can edit.im in love with my hair now.
keep the good work going.

Done cheesy
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by FashionTrend: 2:35am On Oct 31, 2017
Have been having severe itchy scalp and used all sort of natural products . Can someone help with what to use
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by MerxyX(f): 10:21am On Nov 03, 2017
FashionTrend:
Have been having severe itchy scalp and used all sort of natural products . Can someone help with what to use
me too

it's disturbing..
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by 4peace4: 10:26am On Nov 04, 2017
pls what's prepooo? and how is it done?
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by MerxyX(f): 11:52am On Nov 04, 2017
4peace4:
ok.. prepoo is done before washing..

you use an oil of choice.. coconut oil, Shea butter.. etc to detangle ur hair and then you massage the scalp real good with the oil too...

for better result, d hair should be divided into four..
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by gadegunle(f): 6:45pm On Nov 04, 2017
Good evening please I would like to join the whatsapp group. Here is my number 07063824900
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 04, 2017
4peace4:

In addition to what merxyX said, prepoo for at least 2 hours. You can do it over night and wash off in the morning. Cover with a shower cap.

1 Like

Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 04, 2017
gadegunle:
Good evening please I would like to join the whatsapp group.
Here is my number

Done cheesy
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 04, 2017
FashionTrend:

Is it because of dandruffs?

If not then probably because your scalp is dry.

Massage your scalp with an oil before shampooing. Leave in conditioners on scalp might add to the itchiness, 'cos they aren't meant for the scalp. The only thing touching your scalp should be oils.

If it's still itchy you might want to try an apple cider vinegar rinse. It smells horrible but it works by balancing the ph of your scalp, since it falls btw 5-5.5.
Dilute it before using. A 1:1 ratio with water is enough. Just use it to rinse your hair and scalp after shampooing

MerxyX

3 Likes

Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by gadegunle(f): 8:40pm On Nov 04, 2017
lovelygurl:

Done cheesy
Thanks�
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Daeylar(f): 8:43pm On Nov 04, 2017
lovelygurl:

Done cheesy

I'd the whatsapp group more active than here?
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 04, 2017
Daeylar:

I'd the whatsapp group more active than here?

Questions are replied to faster and I posted my wash routine last week (with pictures for an easier understanding), also post videos there too.

More active yeah, thaaaat active no. Lol, still a student grin
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Daeylar(f): 8:48pm On Nov 04, 2017
lovelygurl:

Questions are replied to faster and I posted my wash routine last week (with pictures for an easier understanding), also post videos there too.

More active yeah, thaaaat active no. Lol, still a student grin
I'm sending my number to your pm immediately cry cry
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 04, 2017
Daeylar:

I'm sending my number to your pm immediately cry cry

Ok cheesy
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by FashionTrend: 10:53pm On Nov 04, 2017
[
quote author=lovelygurl post=62078293]

Massage your scalp with an oil before shampooing. Leave in conditioners on scalp might add to the itchiness, 'cos they aren't meant for the scalp. The only thing touching your scalp should be oils.

If it's still itchy you might want to try an apple cider vinegar rinse. It smells horrible but it works by balancing the ph of your scalp, since it falls btw 5-5.5.
Dilute it before using. A 1:1 ratio with water is enough. Just use it to rinse your hair and scalp after shampooing

MerxyX
[/quote]

Thanks very much
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by FashionTrend: 10:54pm On Nov 04, 2017
I'll like to join the WhatsApp group

lovelygurl:

MerxyX
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by 4peace4: 11:06pm On Nov 04, 2017
tnx mercy x and luvly girl for explaining what prepoo is
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 5:56am On Nov 05, 2017
FashionTrend:

I'll like to join the WhatsApp group

Just send me pm with your number wink
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by 4peace4: 10:54am On Nov 05, 2017
luvly girl ave pm u already
Re: Embracing The Beauty Of Your Natural Hair by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 05, 2017
4peace4:
luvly girl ave pm u already

Yh, already replied. Now you have to send me your number

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

Brazilian Lady's Butt Explodes After Her Implants Were Infected (Graphic Photos) / G- Strings Or Granny Panties, Boxers or Briefs? / Tiniest Waist: Su Naing To Beat 1939 Guiness World Record (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.