Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,170 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

The Youth Of Today? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Youth Of Today? (1585 Views)

Photos From The Scene Of Today's Riot In Oshodi,Lagos / Fayose Attacks APC Again With An Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Tribune(pic / Look At What PDP Published On Page 5 Of Today's Guardian News Paper. (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Youth Of Today? by Tsiya(m): 2:35am On Dec 13, 2009
Beaf:

I tagged that info with the source link. If you can disprove it credibly, please do so.
I think you ought to know that, copying information from another site doesn't warrant it to be truth. You owe it as a moral obligation to be certain that, the source itself it is not lying, especially if it is not an official document. A source that is riddled with personal opinions, prejudice and political sentiment cannot be accepted in any moral arguement.
Re: The Youth Of Today? by paddylo1(m): 2:35am On Dec 13, 2009
again even when u go to states with 50% capital and 50% recurrent expenditure

so called civil service states. . .the recurrent expenditure is for all state employees

teachers,nurses,doctors,civil servants,state university professors,and so on

employee count of such states usually towers above(in the thousands) the so called elected officials who are usually just the governor,deputy and members of house of reps(in the tens)

so again sahara reporters just make up stories

they are not credible to begin with
Re: The Youth Of Today? by paddylo1(m): 2:37am On Dec 13, 2009
I think you ought to know that, copying information from another site doesn't warrant it to be truth. You owe it as a moral obligation to be certain that, the source itself it is not lying, especially if it is not an official document. A source that is riddled with personal opinions, prejudice and political sentiment cannot be accepted in any moral arguement.

what are u yapping about. .the lagos state budget is a public document that anybody can access. . .

so is the federal budget
Re: The Youth Of Today? by Tsiya(m): 2:39am On Dec 13, 2009
paddy_lo:

what are u yapping about. .the lagos state budget is a public document that anybody can access. . .

so is the federal budget

Sorry, Im talking the guy taking information from saharareporters.
Re: The Youth Of Today? by paddylo1(m): 2:43am On Dec 13, 2009
Re: The Youth Of Today? by Tsiya(m): 3:20am On Dec 13, 2009
paddy_lo:

link to state budget for 2010
http://businessworldng.com/web/articles/1033/1/Lagos-State-2010-Budget-to-Focus-on-Infrastructure/Page1.html

link to state website for more info
http://www.tundefashola.com/

Apoligies for my ealier post.

I do know that saharareporters are bunch of whinny loony narcissitc journalists.
Re: The Youth Of Today? by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 13, 2009
We youths have lost our voice to materialism. Chasing unrealistic and selfish dreams has took our voices away. Many youths that are oppressed by the elitist society in Nigeria are cheering the same societal illness that has taken their voices away. Our dreams has now become so selfish that if things ever gets better, it'll be in a evil capitalist way by which a sense of community will be gone. We will become I and us will become me.

I've heard many youths in PH/Lag talk about getting into politics just because they heard about how much the politicians spend and get. I seriously weep for my generation ooo. Hip Hop lost her voice to commercial and fake rhythm same with the youths. Hip Hop was the voice of the youths but now is the voice of the fools. People now dream to be rich just so they can get attention and flaunt their wealth. Only few dream to be rich and make sure the staff of his wealth touches everyone around him. If the world was a better place, Money wouldn't exist. The youth need a kick in the butt. What is the meaning of world richest man? Many will work hard to hold on to this title but can't seem to do same to make the world a better place.
Re: The Youth Of Today? by Beaf: 2:11pm On Dec 13, 2009
SapeleGuy:

We must always reference our quotes / works or people will think these words were yours.(Friedrich Nietzsche in your case)

Don't disparage nigerians for hoping, it is the foundation of our future.

"Hope is not blind optimism. It's not ignoring the enormity of the task ahead, or the roadblocks that stand in our path. It's not sitting on the sidelines or shirking from a fight. Hope is that thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us if we have the courage to reach for it, work for it, and fight for it." - Barack Obama

Those are powerful words from an overcoming mind. Obama had the courage to reach out and fight, the fruits of his fight are self evident today.

In Nigeria, everyone seems to be waiting for "someone" to do the fighting for them; some are praying feverishly for things that are underneath their noses, others are hoping the army will turn saints and do it for them; yet others are running around, totally muddled and getting nowhere.
A coward dies many times.

Even fellow West Africans from "small countries" are now openly laughing at us. We are better than this.
Re: The Youth Of Today? by SapeleGuy: 2:20pm On Dec 13, 2009
^^^ and nothing typifies this apathy more than the ubiquitous chorus of surrender from nairalanders of 'God help us' or 'I weep for Nigeria'

Crying never solved any problem and God helps those who help themselves.

More 'fayah' please.
Re: The Youth Of Today? by nduchucks: 5:47pm On Dec 14, 2009
Beaf, this is for your information:

Last night in Abuja, money and batons and teargas turned a routine NANS election of national officers at the Women Center into a warzone.

One of the presidential candidates, a young student from UNIBEN called Jude, was either shot or stabbed(depending on which eyewitness account you decide to believe).

Those are your leaders of tommorrow ko?
Re: The Youth Of Today? by Beaf: 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2009
ndu_chucks:

Beaf, this is for your  information:

Last night in Abuja, money and batons and teargas turned a routine NANS election of national officers at the Women Center into a warzone.

One of the presidential candidates, a young student from UNIBEN called Jude, was either shot or stabbed(depending on which eyewitness account you decide to believe).

Those are your leaders of tommorrow ko?

Yes, I saw that on the Nigerian Village Square. It is a real pity, it agrees very much with what 9jaganja has said above "We youths have lost our voice to materialism. Chasing unrealistic and selfish dreams has took our voices away. Many youths that are oppressed by the elitist society in Nigeria are cheering the same societal illness that has taken their voices away. Our dreams has now become so selfish that if things ever gets better, it'll be in a evil capitalist way by which a sense of community will be gone. We will become I and us will become me.

I've heard many youths in PH/Lag talk about getting into politics just because they heard about how much the politicians spend and get. I seriously weep for my generation ooo.
".
I can only add this comment one iamgod made at Nigerian Village Square;

“The most immediate source of the disconnect between Nigeria’s wealth and its poverty is a failure of governance at (all) levels….Lack of transparency and accountability has eroded the legitimacy of the government and contributed to the rise of groups that embrace violence and reject the authority of the state” – Mrs. Hilary Clinton
http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/39396-nans-how-future-died.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Different Countries Debate In Parliaments / Congress ! / Glo Pulls Out Of Ghana / Chinua Achebe To Receive One Of The Largest Awards In The Arts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.