Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Tinubu Appoints Igbo As Commissioner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Appoints Igbo As Commissioner (2483 Views)

Fatima Atiku Abubakar Nominated As Commissioner In Adamawa / No Outsider Can Stop An Igbo As President In 2015 –ezeife / "delta State Appoints Murderer As Commissioner" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Appoints Igbo As Commissioner by docokwy(m): 7:22pm On Jan 18, 2007
It is good news to read that Gov Tinubu appointed an Igbo as a commissioner recently. Nevertheless some see it as  really not a big deal. They argue that right now in Enugu State, you have a Yoruba man as a special assistant to Gov. Nnamani. In Niger state and Kano, you have Igbos as special advisers to the respective governors. Orji Kalu at a time also had a Yoruba as a special assistant. Nigeria should be operating at the level of competence and not tribalism. Long-live. What is your opinion on this development?
Re: Tinubu Appoints Igbo As Commissioner by egoldman(m): 8:12am On Jan 19, 2007
this is news to em ,but i must say its very encouraging ,we should not allow tribal sentiments to dictate our actions .much kudos to tinubu on this one grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Appoints Igbo As Commissioner by Ezenwenyi(m): 12:29pm On Jan 19, 2007
I think it is a welcome development.I also pray that someday it will go as far as an Igbo man becoming the governor of Lagos state.Let's forget tribalism,and face reality,if an igbo man or maybe a niger-delta man will make Lagos state better,then why not give them the opportunity to do so.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Igbo As Commissioner by McKren(m): 2:33pm On Jan 19, 2007
also include in your prayer for it to go round.
That a Yoruba or Hausa man becomes the governor of Enugu or Imo

I am Igbo like you though
Re: Tinubu Appoints Igbo As Commissioner by feelgood(m): 3:14pm On Jan 19, 2007
@topic
What's the big deal about that? Lagos is not a Yoruba State and Tinubu is not from Lagos State, but majority of the
exec are Yorubas. The cabinet should be a pot pourri, then we can applaud. It can only be news worth applauding
if the regional govs appoint people from other States into their exco. I see Tinubu's action as political - but then, it's a beginning.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Igbo As Commissioner by lewa(m): 10:50pm On Jan 19, 2007
Sheer politics!Why did he not appoint one in 1999 or 2003!
Re: Tinubu Appoints Igbo As Commissioner by BlackMamba(m): 11:34pm On Jan 19, 2007
What Tinubu did is a big deal and should be hailed by all. In the Nigerian context, this is a big step in the right direction. Other instances mentioned above are mere personal staff of the governor and do not rise up the post of a commissioner in a state government. I understand the metropolitan nature of Lagos, but it still takes courage to make such a move. Kudos to Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Appoints Igbo As Commissioner by egoldman(m): 4:35am On Jan 20, 2007
Even if tinubu's action is based on political considerations ,it is still a good thing ,in the long run such moves would help to reduce tribal problem in our country ,i still support this action politics or not .
Re: Tinubu Appoints Igbo As Commissioner by fellow(m): 8:58am On Jan 20, 2007
Forget tribalism in our nigeria of today!!! You must definitely be joking. I do not see an igbo man becoming a governor of one of the nothern states even during the robotics era same with a yoruba man ruling an eastern state and a northerner governing bayelsa state. It doesn't just add up
Tinubu did that to wipe off ethnic sentiments against him and least we forget increase his chances of winning the central senatorial district.

Can someone please tell me why now and not in 1999 or 2003.

As lewa said, its all sheer politricks
Re: Tinubu Appoints Igbo As Commissioner by llcoolg05: 12:38pm On Jan 24, 2007
Thank you O Lewa and Fellow. Our people are funny infact very funny. They are blatantly using you, and your saying you are happy politics or no politics. The question should be why now like Lewa and Fellow asked? It didnt occur to him for the past seven years abi? Me I know the Igbo's in Lagos are sharper than to start rejoicing and throwing their support behind a Fashola candidacy because now ALL OF A SUDDEN they have access to Alausa.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Igbo As Commissioner by egoldman(m): 2:04pm On Jan 24, 2007
It could very well be a political move ,but how it would be a bad thing is still what i cant understand .
Re: Tinubu Appoints Igbo As Commissioner by llcoolg05: 9:29am On Jan 26, 2007
How it'll be a bad thing is that they are using the igbo community, trust me they will be dumped once their services are longer needed. Tinubu is too popular for that. Remember our he did fellow Yoruba leaders of AD den. the likes of late Pa Adesanya and co.
Re: Tinubu Appoints Igbo As Commissioner by Sijien(m): 3:04pm On Jan 26, 2007
even if it is a politrick, at least a joruney of a thousand miles starts with one step
Re: Tinubu Appoints Igbo As Commissioner by egoldman(m): 11:11pm On Jan 26, 2007
tinubu may have done this cos of politics ,but it cannot be an entirely bad thing .

(1) (Reply)

Jst 4 Becomerich / River Niger Bridge May Collapse Soon – Unizik Vc / Nasir El-rufai's Recent Facebook Status Update ( Returns On Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.