Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

More Than Five Police Check Points, Forcibly Collecting Money From Drivers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / More Than Five Police Check Points, Forcibly Collecting Money From Drivers (732 Views)

BREAKING!!! - Police Snatched 30 Keke Napep From Drivers / Five Police Interrogation Tactics That Can Lead To False Confession / Shame: Nigeria Police Fight Over Money Made From Drivers In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Than Five Police Check Points, Forcibly Collecting Money From Drivers by crazyABO(m): 5:25am On Feb 28, 2017
It was on sat morning I had to leave for sch at ijebu going to ikorodu, only for me to keep seeing police check points harassing drivers n forcibly collecting money form them. Then I had to wonder how much is there gain or income because the list the officers were collecting is 100 naira and I even came to realise that if u don't have change they were willing to change it for u no matter the amount this includes the federal SARS. I thought the IG warned that their shouldn't be any form of road block again, what are the commissioners doing concerning this? How mch does a police man earn? Or is it just there nature? I weep for my country!

Re: More Than Five Police Check Points, Forcibly Collecting Money From Drivers by Nobody: 6:01am On Feb 28, 2017
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: More Than Five Police Check Points, Forcibly Collecting Money From Drivers by Mrtitanic(m): 6:12am On Feb 28, 2017
Irrespective of the fact that this speak poorly of the Nigeria police force you should be very careful imagine you where got taking those photos what do u think was gonna be your faith

1 Like

Re: More Than Five Police Check Points, Forcibly Collecting Money From Drivers by psucc(m): 6:36am On Feb 28, 2017
Methinks two things will be difficult if not impossible in Nigeria:
1. To stop police extortions on the road
2. To pay electricity bill based on what you consume.

Imagine travelling from Ikot Ekpene to Ikono, a distance of less than 7km with 5 police checkpoints and one road safety.

And these groups are so calculative that they can never miss any market day.
Re: More Than Five Police Check Points, Forcibly Collecting Money From Drivers by crazyABO(m): 8:40am On Feb 28, 2017
Mrtitanic:
Irrespective of the fact that this speak poorly of the Nigeria police force you should be very careful imagine you where got taking those photos what do u think was gonna be your faith
bro thanks though! But just gotta do this to crop the cruel act
Re: More Than Five Police Check Points, Forcibly Collecting Money From Drivers by crazyABO(m): 8:42am On Feb 28, 2017
psucc:
Methinks two things will be difficult if not impossible in Nigeria:
1. To stop police extortions on the road
2. To pay electricity bill based on what you consume.

Imagine travelling from Ikot Ekpene to Ikono, a distance of less than 7km with 5 police checkpoints and one road safety.

And these groups are so calculative that they can never miss any market day.
lol that's just t
Re: More Than Five Police Check Points, Forcibly Collecting Money From Drivers by Timelezz: 10:16am On Feb 28, 2017
The Nigeria police has become a revenue generating agency. Their first task is to generate revenue for themselves. I have never seen any organisation as institutionally corrupt as the Nigeria police.

These are greedy, devilish and near-illiterate fiends who don't know the first thing about the law they are meant to enforce.

From mass , dragnet-arrests, to arresting anyone on flimsy excuses to make-up charges and to demanding money pointblank when you come to report a matter and asking for fuel money to accompany you for investigation ...

That's why most of their children never end well.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrests 3 Cult Guys Caught With Arms In Owerri,see Photos And Video / Ridiculous:lagos Pastor Caughton CCTV Stealing Apple Laptops See Photo / Another Criminal Busted On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.