Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,000 members, 7,835,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila (13530 Views)

Femi Gbajabiamila’s Daughter Shares Intimate Picture With Her Boyfriend / $1 Billion: 'Excess Crude account is Illegal' - House Leader, Femi Gbajabiamila / Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 2:18pm On Feb 28, 2017
Nigerians, have you received the Presighost today?

Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by Newbiee: 2:18pm On Feb 28, 2017
Defender of corruption
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by okwobros(m): 2:19pm On Feb 28, 2017
You can now see impunity to the highest order which means whether good or bad or if we nigerians like it or not they will continue theifing.
May almighty god pay them a suprise visit amen.
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by topsydo15(m): 2:19pm On Feb 28, 2017
It's a pity majority of Nigerians are only good at reading but deficient in comprehension. And what exactly is the job of legislature, just to read the budget and sign? Maybe the commentator below me will use his brains
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 28, 2017
Fck your god, get out and save your country if you think she is worth saving!
CROWNWEALTH019:
only GOD can save this country undecided
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by lafakale(m): 2:21pm On Feb 28, 2017
[b][/b]We are keenly watching in 3D using 4G binocular what those we entrust our commonwealth in their hands are turning into. "budget padding, i don't know what that mean" my foot
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by stieyven(m): 2:26pm On Feb 28, 2017
Kingxway:
grin
Do not take the name of Jesus in vain. Exodus 20:7
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by Nigeriadondie: 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2017
When I read news like it reinforces my conviction that Nigeria and Africa as a whole has no future. It is cursed with bastard leaders. Where is the "common sense" senator? Where is Shehu Sani all these bunch of hypocrites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0stJkUWUyM
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by Kingxway: 2:31pm On Feb 28, 2017
stieyven:

Do not take the name of Jesus in vain. Exodus 20:7
quite touched. The term Jesu there was an exclamation bro. I dare not joke with Name of God abeg.
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by Bolaadu(m): 2:33pm On Feb 28, 2017
DONSMITH123:

http://dailypost.ng/2017/02/28/call-like-budget-padding-will-continue-house-leader-gbajabiamila/
Don't promise what is not ur duties. Great Nigerians that is their mission in d house of assembly don't think their going there because u ooo.dey represent themselves
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by burkingx(f): 2:41pm On Feb 28, 2017
grin grin

Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 28, 2017
UN-REPENTANT THIEF!
Red revolution is the remedy!
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by adisa786: 2:46pm On Feb 28, 2017
The House leader has confused Nigerians the more on the issue of budget padding. It is expected of him to have a stand of zero tolerance for corruption in the budget. As it is, Nigerians are being short-changed by the political class and top civil servants due to the poor budgeting process.

Our budgets since time immemorial have been fraught with wrong priorities, non- for various sectors year in year out have actually been spent not giving us some useless figures and tacit support of corrupt practices. Legislators are to ensure tax payers money is properly utilized to serve the nation and not interests of some cabals or political parties.

Budgeting padding to me refers to allocating money in the budget for white elephant projects and wrong priorites that the ruling class can easily divert and embezzle the allocated funds. How long will it take for the black man to realize that the western world where many nigerian leaders keep stolen funds and many poor citizens would die to run away to are built on careful prepation and diligent implement of their yearly budgets!
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by Yksoul(m): 2:49pm On Feb 28, 2017
BUDGET-PADDING IS AN ACT OF DISHONESTY TO THE CONSTITUTION OF NIGERIA EVEN THOUGH THE NAME,'PADDING' IS NOT STATED IN THE LAW, BUT IT IS AN ACT OF DISHONESTY WHEN YOU ACCRUE FUND FOR DEVELOPMENTAL PROJECT TO YOUR OWN CONSTITUENCIES TO THE DETRIMENT OF OTHERS.THE MAJORITY LEADER MADE MISTAKES WITH THIS ANALOGY
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 28, 2017
GenbIoodykiller:

Nope God can never save this country if we keep repeating the same method and expect different results

the only salvation left for Nigeria is restructuring if not
there's nothing that can be done here

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

NIGERIANS ARE INSANE, COME 2019 THEY WILL VOTE IN ANOTHER ONE OF THESE THIEVES AND YET AGAIN SPEND THE NEXT 4 YEARS CRYING AND WAILING

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by nurusystem(m): 3:06pm On Feb 28, 2017
APC r worse in stealing,if u pad d budget how sure you wil use the money,,oleee openling.
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by HEIR: 3:08pm On Feb 28, 2017
Gbajabiamila nor get level, saw him at MM2 yesterday with lady (probably his PA) awaiting his flight to Abuja. No VIP section for him (maybe he was being modest). I was also wondering why he had not reported for work as it was already 10am Monday morning. Nigerians can pose too sha, nobody even went to take pictures with him, me just look am throway face.
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by Vicolan: 3:08pm On Feb 28, 2017
Padding is not corruption naw. In Lie Mohammad voice oooo...... :oPadding is not corruption naw. In Lie Mohammad voice oooo......
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by Vicolan: 3:10pm On Feb 28, 2017
nurusystem:
APC r worse in stealing,if u pad d budget how sure you wil use the money,,oleee openling.

No ooo padding is not stealing jhor they are all Saint ooo and moreover na Sai chanjiiii
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by wazobaaa: 3:17pm On Feb 28, 2017
5$6
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by seguno2: 3:35pm On Feb 28, 2017
Meaning- call it what you like, change chain of recession and mega corruption will continue.

1 Like

Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by GreatEngineer(m): 3:46pm On Feb 28, 2017
Coming from one of the leaders of our great Country.
The reason we are were we find ourselves.

Until we go the Jerry Rawlings of Ghana way, these people will not change.
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 4:29pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hmmmmm...
Gbajamiala who stole $25,000 belonging to his client in the US and was reprimanded.

He will definitely do worse things in Nigeria; such a man can never find anything wrong in padding the budget
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by Skybee1(m): 5:21pm On Feb 28, 2017
I weep 4 my bluv country,n ds is d man dat wanted to bcom a spker,i swear #weneedtorestructure.
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by kenex4ever(m): 6:22pm On Feb 28, 2017
He said d truth. Padding is good but with permission of d executive.

From a pdp supporter
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by brojoshua: 6:51pm On Feb 28, 2017
He may be right in the sense that the place he is talking about is a house of corruption, looting, injustice,lying and executive and honorable criminals
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by brojoshua: 6:53pm On Feb 28, 2017
Because the place he is talking about is the houses of elected liabilities
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by Twy: 7:26pm On Feb 28, 2017
The truth is adeosun is not a bad choice is she knows are onions. a lot of the ministries accounts are not balanced and probably their finances are a mess. Their liabilities are much more than is appropriated in a year. The single issue of owing contractors is not a simple one but highly complicated especially with high interest rate. Most ministries like to pay contractors less than 75% of total contract amount(so technically, they owe hundreds of billions) and the payment can be over two years. If you are asked to bid for a job the least you can reasonably bid is 100% over the non financing cost/cost of materials. first thing is a loan from the bank for two years can be over 50% and remember they will only pay between 70-75% of total sum. The result, a lot of the contracts are technically over-inflated because the cost of doing business is high. federal government do not spend much on capital budget. So the impact of capital budget is favorable to the banks but the impact on the people is less than the dollar figures because of corruption, cutting corners to reduce cost and cost of doing business. Budget padding just continues to mess up the finances and it a bad advice although reasonable in an inefficient and corrupt system because the overall impact of the capital budget on constituencies is negligible.
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by jahsharon: 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
And his among our self-acclaimed saints??

APC I raise one nyash for una

And he is among ......

OR

And he's among ........

Before you raise one nyash for APC, raise both nyash for your grammar.
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by stieyven(m): 10:19pm On Feb 28, 2017
Kingxway:
quite touched. The term Jesu there was an exclamation bro. I dare not joke with Name of God abeg.
Yes it was an exclamation but it was used to no other intent and purpose other than for fun and jest. That is the vanity in your action
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:47pm On Feb 28, 2017
jahsharon:

And he is among ......

OR

And he's among ........

Before you raise one nyash for APC, raise both nyash for your grammar.

Thanks for the correction, but I thought you knew what typographical errors are??
Re: Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila by Kingxway: 10:53pm On Feb 28, 2017
stieyven:

Yes it was an exclamation but it was used to no other intent and purpose other than for fun and jest. That is the vanity in your action
noted

Let me take down the picture. God bless all of us and help us represent Him well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Claiming National Assembly’s Achievements – PDP / Sowore, Bakare, Falana: SERAP Petitions DSS / Oil Communities’ Campaign To control 13% Derivation Irrational— Gov Okowa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.