Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,509 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha (3575 Views)

Jay-jay Okocha Returns To Football With English Club / TB Joshua: Eagles Will Win On Sunday / Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) (2) (3) (4)

Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by smile4kenn(m): 7:25pm On Dec 12, 2009
Eagles Will Win Argentina - Okocha

Former captain of the Super Eagles, Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha, believes Argentina and their array of stars cannot pose a threat to Nigeria in next year’s FIFA World Cup in South Africa.

Okocha said the Eagles are not new comers in the World Cup and he can see them springing surprises in the group that includes Argentina, Greece and South Korea.

“The beautiful thing about the Nigerian team is that they usually lived up to expectations when the chips are down,” said the former skipper of Bolton Wanderers of England.

“I don’t see any team posing a threat to the Eagles. They have what it takes to scale the hurdles of their group and Argentina cannot prevent the Eagles from progressing in the group,” he said.

Meanwhile, Eagles’ first choice goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama, who plies his trade with Hapoel Tel Aviv of Israel, wants Nigerians’ support for the team as they look forward to a good outing in next year’s World Cup.

The PM news: http://thepmnews.com/2009/12/10/eagles-can-upset-argentina%e2%80%94okocha
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by semid4lyfe(m): 10:37pm On Dec 13, 2009
It's football. Anything is possible!!!
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by mamagee3(f): 12:19am On Dec 14, 2009
Okocha is Our Eagles Champion!!! grin grin
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by vislabraye(m): 9:28am On Dec 14, 2009
I wish so, Any way, maradona is not a good coach
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by babypalm: 12:20pm On Dec 14, 2009
Yes oooooooo, we are super eagles and we will make all the teams in our group to regret the day they came face to face with the super eagles of Nigeria.
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by mansmith(m): 12:47pm On Dec 14, 2009
fair enough.its ok to TALK THE TALK BUT ITS EVEN BETTER TO WORK THE TALK
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by udennaa: 1:00pm On Dec 14, 2009
jay jay should wake up from sleep because he is day dreaming!
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by SamMilla1(m): 1:06pm On Dec 14, 2009
i guess we have to believe because okocha said
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by ichommy(m): 1:20pm On Dec 14, 2009
Amen Lol grin
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 14, 2009
Yep, i think you're rice. grin
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by kizi: 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2009
man smith:

fair enough.its ok to TALK THE TALK BUT ITS EVEN BETTER TO WORK THE TALK

Only if the Super Eagles can prepare and remain focus during matches
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by ichommy(m): 1:46pm On Dec 14, 2009
kizi:

Only if the Super Eagles can prepare and remain focus during matches

WORD
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by kbriggs: 1:50pm On Dec 14, 2009
cool  Well. i think we should'nt be pessimistic here. The issue is glaring. In as much as eagles struggled  and got the chance to qualify,i have not much doubt that they will live up to it. They did it before,why not now? the only thing is that fact remains, incognito of who uttered it. OKOCHA sounds pessimistic but faith without work is always dead.  Hope he acts on his proclaimation.
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by hackney(m): 2:52pm On Dec 14, 2009
hands up anybody that thinks the eagles can win the world cup. . . . . . . . . . . .
Though as much.

It begs the question : So why are we there?
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by Redman44(m): 2:54pm On Dec 14, 2009
Not with the present team we have sad sad
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by denony(m): 3:02pm On Dec 14, 2009
If we prepare well i don't see them as any threat
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by ayo84(m): 3:11pm On Dec 14, 2009
with the current crop of players we have, i don't think jay jay is right.but lets not forget that it was jay jay that said we were going to qualify
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by Undispu3rd(m): 3:14pm On Dec 14, 2009
Really?
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by koolchicco: 3:32pm On Dec 14, 2009
smile4kenn:

Eagles Will Win Argentina - Okocha

“I don’t see any team posing a threat to the Eagles. They have what it takes to scale the hurdles of their group and Argentina cannot prevent the Eagles from progressing in the group,” he said.

Don't bet your neck on this Pa Jay!!
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:40pm On Dec 14, 2009
wishful thinking, that is all we do when prayers don't look like they are going to work.

Abeg we are just going to SA 2010 for sight-seeing. I am sure the aging eagles will refuse to go back to their respective clubs and party-out the rest of the World Cup as an excuse. When we lost to Angola on home soil. did the boys not go to clubs instantly

abeg leave matter for midnight rat
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by MUNEER2(m): 3:57pm On Dec 14, 2009
Argentina is no treat for SE to me

The main treat are the Koreans and the Greeks

I don't know if anyone has seen them play

They are simply teriffic,
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by Smi1(m): 3:57pm On Dec 14, 2009
I believe NSE will do well in the WC, because i can see the extravagant grace on the players and the coach,  I admit that they must work hard to be able to get there
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by mrperfect(m): 3:58pm On Dec 14, 2009
Let us hope they do well.
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by elaojukan: 4:07pm On Dec 14, 2009
Not with the way they played in the qualifying!!!!
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by afrikaam(m): 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2009
Okocha. Still smoking i see. The Super Eagles always let us down. We have yet to master the African Cup of Nations. Yet no team can trouble us.

The Super Eagles need to start playing as a team. Once that starts, then we shall see.
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by Maxidoe(m): 4:17pm On Dec 14, 2009
I dont know why we fool ourselves by leaving in a fools paradise.Who da f*** is a Okocha some kinda god or what,we dont have what it takes to beat any team in that group not to talk of Argentina.Some of u are saying Maradona is not a good coach,is Amodu better than him?Argentina struggled to qualify,but they did not need another team to,all they needed to do was win their games,and thats all,not win their games and pray for another to loose.If the two coaches are bad,then it would come to the players,compare our players with Agentina's,those 40years old plus men cant do anything,though with due respect to Osaze Odemwinge.Its sad some imbeciles in the glass house would use this as another opportunity to steal millions of dollars,why most of you would almost develop high blood pressure,heart attack,cos u still have faith in those aged men, i gave up on them for more than ten years now, so pls Naija quit dreaming its not patrotism its stupidity
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by santanovva(m): 4:33pm On Dec 14, 2009
Taribo West is a PASTOR, has Okocha become one too? If he has, then I am saying a big AMEN to his PRAYER (abi no be prayer of faith he dey make?)!
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by fuke(m): 4:40pm On Dec 14, 2009
Talking for talking sake.
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by KakiP(m): 4:51pm On Dec 14, 2009
fuke:

Talking for talking sake.
My dear thank u,
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by Sonofpeace(m): 4:52pm On Dec 14, 2009
Prophet okocha don prophesy again ooo, I hope it will work this time cos we have no good midfielders to combat the argentines, God help us oooooo!
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by Sonofpeace(m): 5:02pm On Dec 14, 2009
My dear okocha why do you want to snatch away the job of prophesy from our tb joshua, it is not good oooo, Anyway sha, prophet okocha how many will nigeria beat argentina? After all a win is a win whether it is from prophet emeka king or otoroto,
Re: Super Eagles Will Defeat Argentina - Okocha by olisa07: 5:04pm On Dec 14, 2009
Jokers, just for talking sake.

No Foreign Coach, no good performance

Lionel Messi 2004 Vs 2017 Photos: See Transformation / What Sport Are You Confidently Good At? / Us Open 2010