Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,216 members, 7,867,547 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:07 PM

Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him (930 Views)

Trump Accuses Obama Of Having Tapped Him / President Trump Accuses Obama Of Wiretapping Him / Trump Accuses Obama Of Being Behind His Administration Leaks See Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him by sinorte: 3:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
Donald Trump has accused former president Barack Obama and his “people” of organizing the demonstrations that have roiled city streets, airports and town halls.
In an interview with Fox and Friends, which aired on Tuesday morning in the US, the president also suggested Obama and his allies were behind the leaks of classified information from the White House to the press.

There is no evidence that the former president has had any hand in either activity.

Trump was asked by the Fox interviewer whether he believed Obama was involved in organizing protests, including the recent spate of raucous Republican town hall meetings, and “if he is, is that a violation of the so-called unsaid president’s code?”

“No, I think he is behind it. I also think it’s just politics. That’s just the way it is,” Trump said in the pre-taped interview, a portion of which was released on Monday night.

Trump continued: “You never know what’s exactly happening behind the scenes … I think that President Obama’s behind it because his people are certainly behind it.”

Republicans and rightwing media outlets have accused the former president of directing the demonstrations though a group called Organizing for Action (OFA), a progressive group that grew out of Obama’s presidential campaigns. It is chaired by Jim Messina, who was Obama’s deputy chief of staff during his first term and his campaign manager during the 2012 election.

We want to cover the resistance. We need your help
Read more
As a nonprofit, the group cannot advocate for a political candidate, though its agenda aligns closely with the Democratic party and Obama’s key policy positions. There is no evidence the former president is personally involved with the group.

Last week, Republicans faced angry constituents in town halls and district offices around the country. The action follows protests that erupted at airports in response to the Trump administration’s travel ban, which closed the US borders to people from seven predominantly Muslim countries.

In the interview with Fox, Trump accused Obama and his allies of possible involvement in the leaks of information from the White House.

“Some of the leaks possibly come from that group,” Trump said in the interview.

“You know, some of the leaks – which are really very serious leaks because they’re very bad in terms of national security – but I also understand that’s politics and it will probably continue.”

It is extremely rare for a former president to criticize his successor while in office.

Last month, Obama spoke out against Trump’s travel ban. In a statement, a spokesman said Obama was “heartened by the level of engagement taking place in communities around the country” and that the former president “fundamentally disagrees with the notion of discriminating against individuals because of their faith or religion”.

In the Fox interview, Trump further disparaged Obama’s immigration policy, saying the former president had “deported a lot of people”, in contrast to his own administration’s stepped-up deportation measures, which were focusing on “a very bad group”.

Earlier this month, in Texas, a woman was arrested by immigration officials at a courthouse where she was seeking protection from domestic violence. In a separate case, a Salvadoran woman fighting deportation was removed by immigration officials from a Texas hospital where she was being treated for a brain tumor and returned to a detention centre.

In response to a question about whether there was a method behind his recent spate of Twitter attacks, Trump reiterated his online criticism of John McCain. The senator had been critical of the Trump administration’s operation in Yemen last month, which resulted in the death of a US Navy Seal.

“I felt badly when a young man dies and John McCain said it was a bad mission … I thought it was inappropriate that he goes to foreign soil and he criticizes our government,” Trump said on Fox, cautioning the Arizona senator to “be careful”.

The Guardian
Re: Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him by emperorAY(m): 4:13pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hp dis is nt a matter admitting to nt able to rule
Re: Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him by Adminisher: 9:25pm On Feb 28, 2017
Obama told him before handing over he was going to be doing this.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him by plappville(f): 1:50pm On Mar 01, 2017
Even before Trump accused him. I have already said it. Obama and Hillary are behind the protest.

1 Like

Re: Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him by Lucasbalo(m): 2:41pm On Mar 01, 2017
plappville:
Even before Trump accused him. I have already said it. Obama and Hillary are behind the protest.
Why don't trump or you show the proof that obama and Hillary are behind the leaks and the protests ?. Every American president goes through these and they don't complain. The Orange president is just looking for sympathy. You can't be a thin skinned president in America. Where were your likes when Racists and White Nationalists in america were calling obama monkey ?. You are probably agreeing with them. Presidential election is coming up in France soon, go vote for Marie Le Pen. She's alt right like trump. You deserve her. She loves your kind.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him by Lucasbalo(m): 2:44pm On Mar 01, 2017
Adminisher:
Obama told him before handing over he was going to be doing this.
Obama told trump that he will disagree with trump once in a while and voice his opposition if it needs be. Obama never said he will sponsor protests. Infact, civil protests is as American as Apple Pie.

1 Like

Re: Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him by plappville(f): 5:22pm On Mar 01, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Why don't trump or you show the proof that obama and Hillary are behind the leaks and the protests ?. Every American president goes through these and they don't complain. The Orange president is just looking for sympathy. You can't be a thin skinned president in America. Where were your likes when Racists and White Nationalists in america were calling obama monkey ?. You are probably agreeing with them. Presidential election is coming up in France soon, go vote for Marie Le Pen. She's alt right like trump. You deserve her. She loves your kind.

Hahaha, You are following me .. cheesy

Well as you can see thé proof is that Obama is was fighting so hard to promote Islam in America. Even few weeks before he left office. He visited Germany encouraging Angela Markel on her Immigration policy.

Trump is à threat to Obama as He knows Trumps policy on Muslims from Radical Islamic state will reduce Muslim refugees from entering the US.

For Obama, Muslims should keep pomping to The WEST AND the US. So that they can spread thier dem.on.ic religion.

I dont support racism. That's why I expose false prophet Muhammad because He was very racist. If I am aware of anyone calling Obama names, I won't support it.

Trump is not a Racist, far from it. He only fights against those who come to America to benefit the system and never to do anything positive to help American grow. Those who come in and try to force thier ideology on them. Many Africans and Arabs are like that.

In France I have met lots of them. After legally naturalized, They don't love France.

They only love the social system. Marie Le Pen is against such people. She is not anti-immigrate. You should know her before judging her. Some immigrants are very annoying. They hate to work. They are lazy. They don't contribute to the growth of thé Country they migrated to.

And Yes! I will vote for her.

1 Like

Re: Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him by Lucasbalo(m): 11:35pm On Mar 01, 2017
plappville:

Well as you can see thé proof is that Obama is was fighting so hard to promote Islam in America. Even few weeks before he left office. He visited Germany encouraging Angela Markel on her Immigration policy.

Trump is à threat to Obama as He knows Trumps policy on Muslims from Radical Islamic state will reduce Muslim refugees from entering the US.

For Obama, Muslims should keep pomping to The WEST AND the US. So that they can spread thier dem.on.ic religion.

I dont support racism. That's why I expose false prophet Muhammad because He was very racist. If I am aware of anyone calling Obama names, I won't support it.

Trump is not a Racist, far from it. He only fights against those who come to America to benefit the system and never to do anything positive to help American grow. Those who come in and try to force thier ideology on them. Many Africans and Arabs are like that.

In France I have met lots of them. After legally naturalized, They don't love France.

They only love the social system. Marie Le Pen is against such people. She is not anti-immigrate. You should know her before judging her. Some immigrants are very annoying. They hate to work. They are lazy. They don't contribute to the growth of thé Country they migrated to.

You are telling me trump is not a racist. It means you don't know squat about trump. I will give you few instances of his racism against blacks and Hispanics. Do you ever heard about his Birther garbage about Obama?. He was doubting Obama's citizenship because Obama's black and Obama was forced to produce his birth certificate which the worthless trump still doesn't believe it's real. Do yoknow anything about Central Park 5 in which 5 young black men were unjustly jailed for a crime they didn't commit and after they were found not guilty, useless trump still advertised that the wrongly convicted young men should be put to death. Have you ever had of a racial discrimination suit against him and his dad in New York for not renting apartments buildings to blacks. He started his campaign by calling Mexicans rapists and drug dealers. I can go on but the Bottomline is that he's a bigot in every sense of it. That's why over 90% of black Americans voted against him. He's not a Christian. If your model of a Christian is a thrice married man with five children who cheated on his first two wives is your model of Christianity, good luck to you. Don't come here and lecture me about America. I am not an immigrant here. I wouldn't argue with you about French politics and I think I know America better than you do.

1 Like

Re: Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him by Lucasbalo(m): 11:36pm On Mar 01, 2017
plappville:

You are telling me trump is not a racist. It means you don't know squat about trump. I will give you few instances of his racism against blacks and Hispanics. Do you ever heard about his Birther garbage about Obama?. He was doubting Obama's citizenship because Obama's black and Obama was forced to produce his birth certificate which the worthless trump still doesn't believe it's real. Do you know anything about Central Park 5 in which 5 young black men were unjustly jailed for a crime they didn't commit and after they were found not guilty, useless trump still advertised that the wrongly convicted young men should be put to death. Have you ever had of a racial discrimination suit against him and his dad in New York for not renting apartments buildings to blacks. He started his campaign by calling Mexicans rapists and drug dealers. I can go on but the Bottomline is that he's a bigot in every sense of it. That's why over 90% of black Americans voted against him. He's not a nChristian. If your model of a Christian is a thrice married man with five children who cheated on his first two wives is your model of Christianity, good luck to you. Don't come here and lecture me about America. I am not an immigrant here. I wouldn't argue with you about French politics and I think I know America better than you do.

1 Like

Re: Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him by plappville(f): 9:09pm On Mar 03, 2017
Lucasbalo:
You are telling me trump is not a racist. It means you don't know squat about trump. I will give you few instances of his racism against blacks and Hispanics. Do you ever heard about his Birther garbage about Obama?. He was doubting Obama's citizenship because Obama's black and Obama was forced to produce his birth certificate which the worthless trump still doesn't believe it's real. Do yoknow anything about Central Park 5 in which 5 young black men were unjustly jailed for a crime they didn't commit and after they were found not guilty, useless trump still advertised that the wrongly convicted young men should be put to death. Have you ever had of a racial discrimination suit against him and his dad in New York for not renting apartments buildings to blacks. He started his campaign by calling Mexicans rapists and drug dealers. I can go on but the Bottomline is that he's a bigot in every sense of it. That's why over 90% of black Americans voted against him. He's not a Christian. If your model of a Christian is a thrice married man with five children who cheated on his first two wives is your model of Christianity, good luck to you. Don't come here and lecture me about America. I am not an immigrant here. I wouldn't argue with you about French politics and I think I know America better than you do.

Stop ranting here and there. Just few questions. Where did i mentioned in our conversation that Trump is a CHRISTIAN?

Did anyone say you are an immigrant?

Although He didnt have to generalise. But He was right about Mexicans been drug dearlers. He was right about stopping radical islamic Countries from entering the US. He won for this reasons and many others.

By the way, NO one has ever Lectured you about your America
Re: Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him by plappville(f): 9:33pm On Mar 03, 2017
The other face of Barack Hussein Obama.

Re: Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him by Lucasbalo(m): 10:16pm On Mar 03, 2017
plappville:

Stop ranting here and there. Just few questions. Where did i mentioned in our conversation that Trump is a CHRISTIAN?

Did anyone say you are an immigrant?

Although He didnt have to generalise. But He was right about Mexicans been drug dearlers. He was right about stopping radical islamic Countries from entering the US. He won for this reasons and many others.

By the way, NO one has ever Lectured you about your America
Calm down lady, you said he's not a racist and I gave you several instances of his unadulterated racism. You are the one ranting about a country you don't have a clue about. Worship a racist if you like but people who know trump is a demagogue will speak out against him and that's why Americans are voicing their opposition . So all Mexicans are drug dealers the same way Nigerians are drug dealers because a lot of Nigerians are being executed in Asia for drug dealings . Your way of reasoning is scary. Generalizing a whole race of people. You and trump are quite a match. I assume you are a black woman in France and would you like to be generalized to be a prostitute because some African women are selling their bodies in Europe ?. My point is that no one likes to be generalized. There are good and bad people in all races and religions.

1 Like

Re: Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him by plappville(f): 10:29pm On Mar 03, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Calm down lady, you said he's not a racist and I gave you several instances of his unadulterated racism. You are the one ranting about a country you don't have a clue about. Worship a racist if you like but people who know trump is a demagogue will would speak out against him and that's why Americans are voicing their opposition .

You dodged my Question hahaha. Where did i call him a Christian? I only said i will support any leader who will fight against Islamic terrorism. You just change my word. Na so? I didnt believe all what you wrote about Him because you refused to believe when i show you what Obama said with His own mouth.

If you want to know things about France aure you can. Internet is there. U can do research and land yourself in the French government websites. Of course you wont find it too easy to grab the infos. But if i do thesame with the US government. I will grab more info. You see? I am still not saying i know America better than you. But at least i know what is happening there. I have friends and family in different states. You dont know better than them either. How about that?
Re: Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him by Lucasbalo(m): 10:35pm On Mar 03, 2017
plappville:

You dodged my Question hahaha. Where did i call him a Christian? I only said i will support any leader who will fight against Islamic terrorism. You just change my word. Na so? I didnt believe all what you wrote about Him because you refused to believe when i show you what Obama said with His own mouth.

If you want to know things about France aure you can. Internet is there. U can do research and land yourself in the French government websites. Of course you wont find it too easy to grab the infos. But if i do thesame with the US government. I will grab more info. You see? I am still not saying i know America better than you. But at least i know what is happening there. I have friends and family in different states. You dont know better than them either. How about that?
It's a matter of First Amendment and I am against all form of terrorism wherever it comes from. Islamic terrorism or fundamental Christian terrorism of the kinds of Timothy Mcveigh or KKK. I lost a close colleague to terrorism on 911 and I sure don't want that to anyone.

1 Like

Re: Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him by plappville(f): 10:40pm On Mar 03, 2017
Lucasbalo:
It's a matter of First Amendment and I am against all form of terrorism wherever it comes from. Islamic terrorism or [b]fundamental Christian terrorism [/b]of the kinds of Timothy Mcveigh or KKK. I lost a close colleague to terrorism on 911 and I sure don't want that to anyone.

How can you say the bold? Are you a Muslim hiding in Christian color?
Re: Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him by Lucasbalo(m): 10:49pm On Mar 03, 2017
plappville:

How can you say the bold? Are you a Muslim hiding in Christian color?
I am a Pentecostal Christian who went through Catholic schools from Grade school to Graduate school. I don't even have a Muslim in my family. One thing I hate is racism and generalization because I know what it means to people. I guess I am not prejudice against anyone. I condemn all terrorists and I pray to the Good man above that they are all wiped out.

1 Like

Re: Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him by plappville(f): 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2017
Lucasbalo:
I am a Pentecostal Christian who went through Catholic schools from Grade school to Graduate school. I don't even have a Muslim in my family. One thing I hate is racism and generalization because I know what it means to people. I guess I am not prejudice against anyone. I condemn all terrorists and I pray to the Good man above that they are all wiped out.

You should know that there is nothing like

"Christian Terrorist " angry
Re: Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him by Lucasbalo(m): 3:48pm On Mar 05, 2017
plappville:

You should know that there is nothing like

"Christian Terrorist " angry
Go and tell that to those people that are hanging people on the crosses all over Appalachia. Go and tell the peoole that are killing abortionist in the name of God that. My point is that all religious fundamentalism leads to violence and terrorism. Have you ever heard of the Conquest and the Crusade. It all emanates from hatred of others and religions. I condemn all acts of violence and terrorism.

1 Like

Re: Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 05, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Go and tell that to those people that are hanging people on the crosses all over Appalachia. Go and tell the peoole that are killing abortionist in the name of God that. My point is that all religious fundamentalism leads to violence and terrorism. Have you ever heard of the Conquest and the Crusade. It all emanates from hatred of others and religions. I condemn all acts of violence and terrorism.

Very well said Lucas!

And religion should be between (wo)man and God. Don't mix religion with politics, the one is personal and the other public.

1 Like

Re: Trump Accuses Obama Of Orchestrating Protest Against Him by plappville(f): 6:42am On Mar 07, 2017
Lucasbalo:

Did Jesus kill?

https://www.nairaland.com/3655797/isis-shoots-us-helicopter-response#3655797.8

Read the Last comment. grin

(1) (Reply)

Russia Claims To Have Mega Weapon That Can Cripple The US / Turkey Converts Hagia Sophia To Mosque As Christains Kick / My Votes Are Magically Disappearing' - President Trump Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.