Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

I Want To Quit My Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Want To Quit My Job (2856 Views)

About To Quit My Job,pls Advice / I'm About To Quit My Job!!! / Should I Quit My Job For NYSC??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Quit My Job by tobbyd341(m): 6:13pm On Feb 28, 2017
I am a graduate with second class upper in Agricultural economics and extension, working somewhere in Lagos. I work within the hour of 7:00am-10:30pm daily except on Sunday. I was giving 35k as my salary. Is that fair enough? Coz i count it as wickedness. Now I made up my mind to quit.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Quit My Job by okirewaju(f): 6:19pm On Feb 28, 2017
Do you have a back up plan?

Like how are you going to survive when you quit
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by goldenceo1: 6:23pm On Feb 28, 2017
if you already have more than two years working experience there QUIT. 7am-10pm on top 35k..
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by monerozi5590: 6:26pm On Feb 28, 2017
please don't quit if you don't have a back up plan.... Talking from experience

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Job by johnime: 7:16pm On Feb 28, 2017
Hang in there man
tobbyd341:
I am a graduate with second class upper in Agricultural economics and extension, working somewhere in Lagos. I work within the hour of 7:00am-10:30pm daily except on Sunday. I was giving 35k as my salary. Is that fair enough? Coz i count it as wickedness. Now I made up my mind to quit.
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by code9(m): 8:34pm On Feb 28, 2017
If you don't take risk in life you'll forever remain a puppet.

Leave that place. Think hard. On your own you can earn 35k monthly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit My Job by Tellemall: 8:35pm On Feb 28, 2017
tobbyd341:

"Is that fair enough? "

Are you being serious?

"Wickedness"?

Please!

"Quit"?

Ha.

Plan first.
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by omolorlarh: 8:49pm On Feb 28, 2017
tobbyd341:
It seems I know you.if it aligns with your career path,I think you should manage for now while trying to get a better place
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by laribari(m): 9:07pm On Feb 28, 2017
I beg you in Jesus Name, don't quit if you don't have an offer from another company.........please
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by azelab: 9:18pm On Feb 28, 2017
Chai Nigeria never bad to dat level, my broz any body that scares of falling, will never stand. i wl advice you should quit and God wl surprise you wt another sources of income that is more reliable.
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 28, 2017
35k on top 7---10:30pm job? That's 15 hours 30mins. How do you pay TP, feed, rent, etc? run away dear. This is a case of modern slavery.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Job by napoleon77(m): 10:15pm On Feb 28, 2017
tobbyd341:

You were "giving" 35k as your salary or you are paid 35k as monthly salary? Its your choice to accept the salary that was paid and also your choice to quit if you want to.

I know Nigeria is a difficult place but if with a second class upper degree in a fairly good field of study, you still end up working 15 hours a day with that poor salary then maybe the problem is you!!

Your are asking us about fairness?? Nothing is fair in life!!
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by adexdon(m): 10:25pm On Feb 28, 2017
op u don't knw wot u carry
...u wouldn't av take d job initially

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Job by tobbyd341(m): 10:34pm On Feb 28, 2017
okirewaju:
Do you have a back up plan?

Like how are you going to survive when you quit

I will survive if I leave this place, am very sure of that.
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by tobbyd341(m): 10:36pm On Feb 28, 2017
omolorlarh:

It seems I know you.if it aligns with your career path,I think you should manage for now while trying to get a better place
Its doesn't go with my career path at all. I took the job so that I will not be idle, but the job is not encouraging at all.
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by twosquare(m): 10:50pm On Feb 28, 2017
Jesu...how do you cope? 35k in Lag...7 to 10? How do you cope...That's horrible...Even if you don't have much qualification, it can't be that bad...working for a bank sef is not as bad as this, and they will still pay you well. I'm not employed with private or Govt, but my little here and there, working for myself still fetch me 100k on a bad day within a week or two....please, release yourself from slavery mentality..those who are billionaires today may not have your qualifications but they have a rich outlook about life. Yours can cause depression and make one to be suicidal.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Job by napoleon77(m): 10:51pm On Feb 28, 2017
tobbyd341:

I will survive if I leave this place, am very sure of that.

You want to quit your job and you are very sure that you would survive if you do? Then go ahead! You do not need advice from Nairaland

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Job by omolorlarh: 10:51pm On Feb 28, 2017
charles009:
You are veey foolish, if you.close to me I wil sound you. Cant you make 35k on your own or are u dumb? How do I pay rent, are you gonna ever marry atall, wear good clothes, crazy, indeed crazy
bikonu,must you insult just to pass your message across? yes,you are pained for him but advice him in a better way

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Job by tall2ce(m): 11:13pm On Feb 28, 2017
code9:
If you don't take risk in life you'll forever remain a puppet.

Leave that place. Think hard. On your own you can earn 35k monthly.

quit.
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by smogup: 11:19pm On Feb 28, 2017
tobbyd341:
Don't even consider it. Just quit. And then double your search elsewhere bro. The lord is your strength.
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by seunoni34(m): 3:38am On Mar 01, 2017
tobbyd341:
how sad, if you know you have enough savings to fall back on then you can consider quitting. How about learning a skill that you can make money with? That should be the next thing on your mind for now. Wish you best of luck!
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by Nobody: 6:22am On Mar 01, 2017
tobbyd341:
Op, there things you refused to tell us, in situation like that , did the company gave you accommodation, free feeding, and stipend? I'm sure they did , another thing is what is the company's name, maybe they are just struggling to survive and you understand with them that's why you are still In the Job, if not, you can't survive 2months with 35k +that working ours , NEVER. but if what u are saying is true, quit now and start poultry and fishing farm, you will have time to learn a skill and be useful in life than be in that prison. Goodluck
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by apollo13(m): 7:11am On Mar 01, 2017
Dear Op,

I will advice you to still hold on to the job, be prayerful have faith in God and keep applying for other jobs,like the saying goes " a bird at hand is worth two in the bush".

I made that mistake with the first job I got after graduation, I had no back up and I just got married then, my brother I saw hell and I can never repeat such mistakes again in my life.
On a second thought, if u are determined to face the consequences and move on against all odds, then the ball is in your court.But I want you to know this, no body will be giving u 35k every month if u quit the job.
Ire oooooo

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Job by Roseey0(f): 8:04am On Mar 01, 2017
You sound like the salary was not agreed on before you took the offer?

I can't tell you what to do in this case, only you can decide.
But 35k for 7 to 10pm is slavery. Those kind of jobs operate on shift basis, you are working two shifts yet collecting pay for just one. You can talk to your employer about it.
You can still hold on to it till you reposition yourself for bigger opportunities e.g Taking professional courses.
This kind of job won't even allow you go for interviews. Nawah...
But like I said, you alone knows the condition back home, if it's totally convenient, you quit, if not, reposition yourself while you endure the slavery.
Though the trouble may last for a nite,joy comes in the morning.
Everyone has their stories, you are writing yours already.
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by Pamelayoung: 9:09am On Mar 01, 2017
Why don't you go into farming, you had be better off.
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by rossyc(f): 9:46am On Mar 01, 2017
Fifthcolumnist:
35k on top 7---10:30pm job? That's 15 hours 30mins. How do you pay TP, feed, rent, etc? run away dear. This is a case of modern slavery.
Exactly my thought.
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
Quit.....when you know what to go into next
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by xxgig(m): 1:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
laribari:
I beg you in Jesus Name, don't quit if you don't have an offer from another company.........please
if he doesn't quit, how can he get offers? When will he even have the time to search or apply for other jobs? How ever, he should stay if the experience is worth it.
Re: I Want To Quit My Job by gchap: 1:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
xxgig:
if he doesn't quit, how can he get offers? When will he even have the time to search or apply for other jobs? How ever, he should stay if the experience is worth it.

he can search for jobs while hes still employed. it is very important that the poster does not leave without another offer or a back up plan.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

God Please Answer My Prayer And Give Me A Job. / Latest Jobs And Internships For Nigerians / Massive Recruitment At Abuja Clinics Nig. Ltd, 18th October, 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.