Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

I'm About To Quit My Job!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I'm About To Quit My Job!!! (2536 Views)

Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J / Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business / Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by sexyhauwa: 11:57pm On Nov 29, 2018
Good evening nairalanders.
I finished my youth service April this year and I was able to get this receptionist job here in Lagos, 3 months after service.
Before my employment, I was told the company closes late cos they run business with Italians and the time differs. I accepted.
I was also told I will be involved in their online sales of products. That they site is handled by the Italians,I will just be an agent. People will contact me via WhatsApp, then I send whatever product they need to them. I accepted.
Then I was also told that the company keys will be rotated between the secretary and I. And a compulsory 1k will be deducted from my salary,the money is meant for welfare. In case any staff want to wed, they use out of the money to buy gift...
Then, the salary is 30k.
I just accepted cos bike to the place is 200 to and fro.
And my brother's wife was making life difficult for me. It's not even my discipline but I just had to take the job.

I started my job.
Within the first month, I noticed they exceed 8pm. It became very annoying! Depending on who is holding the keys, you will stay till everyone is gone, then lock up the office. MD used to stay till 9pm! He stays at Osborne estate.

Then I got to know there is no increment of salary no matter how long you stay.
I also got to know the risks involved in holding company's keys. In case of robbery, MD will send staff to police. It has happened before.
Then,tax was also deducted and then money used to buy cway dispenser water is always deducted from every staff.Just imagine!
My job has no job description. Everyday I go to banks, either to deposit or pay cheque.
Also, carrying cartons of goods to do waybill is also what I do. I do secretary work too. In fact, anything goes.

I am fed up already.
I have applied for jobs but am yet to get any.

Pls is it wise to quit this job this December even though am yet to get another job?
I'm thinking of staying back in the village once o travel for Xmas.
I'm just so sad and confused.

Pls I need your candid advice.
Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by Forreellinc: 12:06am On Nov 30, 2018
This is what you should do, tell your boss what you studied in school and the new role you wish to fill in the office

then commot pant,set yansh and tell him to do his worst

4 Likes

Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by Engrobiorah(m): 12:12am On Nov 30, 2018
I honestly feel your pain, getting a job these days is not easy. Put in more effort to see if you can get another job before quitting this one.

6 Likes

Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by gmacnoms(m): 2:14am On Nov 30, 2018
sexyhauwa:
I finished my youth service April this year and I was able to get this receptionist job here in Lagos, 3 months after service.
Before my employment, I was told the company closes late cos they run business with Italians and the time differs. I accepted.
I was also told I will be involved in their online sales of products. That they site is handled by the Italians,I will just be an agent. People will contact me via WhatsApp, then I send whatever product they need to them. I accepted.
Then I was also told that the company keys will be rotated between the secretary and I. And a compulsory 1k will be deducted from my salary,the money is meant for welfare. In case any staff want to wed, they use out of the money to buy gift...
Then, the salary is 30k.
And my brother's wife was making life difficult for me. It's not even my discipline but I just had to take the job.

I started my job.
Within the first month, I noticed they exceed 8pm. It became very annoying! Depending on who is holding the keys, you will stay till everyone is gone, then lock up the office. MD used to stay till 9pm! He stays at Osborne estate.

I also got to know the risks involved in holding company's keys. In case of robbery, MD will send staff to police. It has happened before.
Then,tax was also deducted and then money used to buy cway dispenser water is always deducted from every staff.Just imagine!
My job has no job description. Everyday I go to banks, either to deposit or pay cheque.
Also, carrying cartons of goods to do waybill is also what I do. I do secretary work too. In fact, anything goes.

I am fed up already.

Pls is it wise to quit this job this December even though am yet to get another job?

Hang on, do d job, while you search for another. Don't quit if the intention is to go and sit at home

9 Likes

Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by MarshRiley(m): 3:22am On Nov 30, 2018
Can you speak Hausa?
Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by Welcomme: 6:25am On Nov 30, 2018
MarshRiley:
Can you speak Hausa?
Yes I can speak Hausa very well.
Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by izzou(m): 6:42am On Nov 30, 2018
grin

To each, his own

I'd rather roast corn than do a job that will never add any value to my life.

My advice : Quit the damn job. Spend time to improve on yourself. Learn skills on YouTube. Stay healthy. Have a sound mind.

And you'll see yourself in far better positions.

Don't be scared. Your destiny no dey anybody hand

12 Likes

Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by bookishme: 7:49am On Nov 30, 2018
sexyhauwa:
Then, the salary is 30k.

I started my job.

I am fed up already.

Don't quit till you get another. Pls do away with the idea of going to sit in the village. Just hang on there and keep searching.

4 Likes

Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by sexyhauwa: 8:27am On Nov 30, 2018
Engrobiorah:
I honestly feel your pain, getting a job these days is not easy. Put in more effort to see if you can get another job before quitting this one.
Ok. Thank you so much.
I'm still on the search
Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by sexyhauwa: 8:34am On Nov 30, 2018
gmacnoms:
Hang on, do d job, while you search for another. Don't quit if the intention is to go and sit at home
Alright sir.
I'm still on the search.
Thanks very much.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by sexyhauwa: 8:42am On Nov 30, 2018
izzou:
grin

To each, his own

I'd rather roast corn than do a job that will never add any value to my life.

My advice : Quit the damn job. Spend time to improve on yourself. Learn skills on YouTube. Stay healthy. Have a sound mind.

And you'll see yourself in far better positions.

Don't be scared. Your destiny no dey anybody hand

Thanks so much sir.
I appreciate.
I will use their WiFi to learn skills from now on.
Thanks for the idea.

3 Likes

Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by Bamidele539: 8:42am On Nov 30, 2018
MarshRiley:
Can you speak Hausa?
do you have a job placement for Hausa speakers...

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by sexyhauwa: 8:43am On Nov 30, 2018
MarshRiley:
Can you speak Hausa?
No.
Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by Tunjasko(m): 9:25am On Nov 30, 2018
Forreellinc:
This is what you should do, tell your boss what you studied in school and the new role you wish to fill in the office

then commot pant,set yansh and tell him to do his worst

You are incredibly stupid for this statement. If you don't have useful advice to give, why make a senseless comment?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by Arolamboolamide(m): 9:38am On Nov 30, 2018
Massive Recruitment for the Role of Sales Consultants

olamide@eoutsource.net

Our client is the regional distributor for the world’s leading manufacturers of sanitary fittings, kitchen, tiles, doors and other interior solutions. We excel in the provision of total bathroom solutions, creating unique and innovative bathroom themes for both the domestic and commercial markets.

The Job requires you to have
• Equal Opportunities: FEMALES are advised to apply.
• A minimum of B.Sc Degree
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a client facing role (Business Development, Customer Success, Client Services, Relationship Management)
• Microsoft Excel proficiency is a MUST
• Very good working knowledge of MS Excel and other MS Office applications.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Motivated & with a positive attitude, self-driven with ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Aggressive, presentable, flexible and teachable.

Method of Application

CV must be detailed and provide clear answers to the job requirements. In addition, CV should contain:
• Your most relevant accomplishments in Sales & Business Development as an individual and as a team
• Your current monthly net (after statutory deductions, cash element only)
• Your current annual gross (cash element only)

SEND YOUR CV TO olamide@eoutsource.net
Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by benebaby77: 10:10am On Nov 30, 2018
Sorry about your experience with the company.....

I will advise you to learn new set of skills and I don't know about your course or chosen field, but you can start to improve and develop yourself the more.

Besides, go to business section of nairaland you will different trends on freelance stuffs. You can be using that one to sustain yourself and in fact you can make that salary you are currently earning in a day or more with freelancing.

Wish you the very best in whatever decision you make....

Gracia

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by Rangis0: 10:15am On Nov 30, 2018
sexyhauwa:
Then, the salary is 30k.

I started my job.

I am fed up already.

If you speak hausa very well then you can get bank call center jobs easily through recruiting agencies.
Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by gmacnoms(m): 10:27am On Nov 30, 2018
sexyhauwa:

Alright sir.
I'm still on the search.
Thanks very much.
you are welcome

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by sben2308(m): 10:50am On Nov 30, 2018
sexyhauwa:
Then, the salary is 30k.

I started my job.

I am fed up already.

I understand how u feel but u need to ask urself d millennial question and that will make all clearer to u believe me
Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by Bamidele539: 11:02am On Nov 30, 2018
Rangis0:

If you speak hausa very well then you can get bank call center jobs easily through recruiting agencies.
I can speak Hausa and Yoruba fluently

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by Bamidele539: 11:02am On Nov 30, 2018
Rangis0:

Any link

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 30, 2018
sexyhauwa:
Then, the salary is 30k.

I started my job.

I am fed up already.

you just finished NYSC, it means no job experience, i will advice that you do the job, gain some experience and then start looking for jobs in other places
Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by dreamworld: 11:29am On Nov 30, 2018
Everybody is looking for job in nigeria. Even the ones that already have a job.
Na wao, who did this to us.
Inaa sure say we no go Jaapa, before it becomes too late?
Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by Rangis0: 11:29am On Nov 30, 2018
Bamidele539:

Any link

I dont have any link for now but you can drop CV at recruiting agencies like ICSL, HRINDEXX etc. Call centers always look for hausa speaking agents.
Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2018
Dear OP,

Everyone in their career journey have gotten to this time in their life but trust me if you think your present situation is harsh then try leaving your job and see the real truth of the matter.

From your post, inasmuch as I would want to advice you quit, I really wouldn't because I have been there and done that and definitely regretted my actions. Did I get another job? yes... But the frustration and idle time spent was nothing compared to what I had faced at work.

My advice; Unless your job has become life threatening, then... Hang in there, be smarter about your duties and try to find a way around your job to keep yourself positive and happy, at least you still need the little you make for independence sake. Importantly, now is the time to increase your tempo with job hunting and continue searching seriously. Lucky, you're still fresh out from service so you need to use this time to decide your passion and what profession stems from that and equally make concerted efforts to break into the field. Keep in mind self improvement and consistency is key...

In all, don't give up so easily, remember life's full of challenges and you would need to stand strong to boycott them whenever they arise.

All the best.

4 Likes

Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by timbs001(m): 12:56pm On Nov 30, 2018
Iamdazzle:

Dear OP,

Everyone in their career journey have gotten to this time in their life but trust me if you think your present situation is harsh then try leaving your job and see the real truth of the matter.

From your post, inasmuch as I would want to advice you quit, I really wouldn't because I have been there and done that and definitely regretted my actions. Did I get another job? yes... But the frustration and idle time spent was nothing compared to what I had faced at work.

My advice; Unless your job has become life threatening, then... Hang in there, be smarter about your duties and try to find a way around your job to keep yourself positive and happy, at least you still need the little you make for independence sake. Importantly, now is the time to increase your tempo with job hunting and continue searching seriously. Lucky, you're still fresh out from service so you need to use this time to decide your passion and what profession stems from that and equally make concerted efforts to break into the field. Keep in mind self improvement and consistency is key...

In all, don't give up so easily, remember life's full of challenges and you would need to stand strong to boycott them whenever they arise.

All the best.

Please follow this advice OP. We've all been there. You will share your testimony soon.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by godfrey01(m): 7:47pm On Nov 30, 2018
sexyhauwa:
Then, the salary is 30k.

I started my job.

I am fed up already.

don't quit. every hustler has his/her pay day... sometime like this I posted about my own job issue.. .mine was salary does not come promptly.. it comes late.. 1st or 2nd. and December last year was hell.. boss traveled and I thought he has even forgotten about his staff salary for december.. I nearly wanted to resign cos what's the need of celebrating Xmas and new when there is no money and everyone knows you are working.. but thank God for second thought. I endured and continued. I am used to late pay because I no longer depend on the salary whole heartedly again.

I know your issue is too much work load and late closing hours.. my dear its nothing. in as much as your salary is coming promptly.. just bear it rather than sitting at home no.. when you sit at home before you know it month has ended. and if there is no money to take care of your bills you won't like yourself except you are from a rich home whose parents still gives pocket money and offering money.. think well. I am ex Corper like you.. but I remained in the state where I served because the indegnes here need my service. and I get money from rending such service in and outside the company premises..

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by redpencil: 10:06pm On Nov 30, 2018
Give this a trial

Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by sexyhauwa: 10:25pm On Nov 30, 2018
godfrey01:

don't quit. every hustler has his/her pay day... sometime like this I posted about my own job issue.. .mine was salary does not come promptly.. it comes late.. 1st or 2nd. and December last year was hell.. boss traveled and I thought he has even forgotten about his staff salary for december.. I nearly wanted to resign cos what's the need of celebrating Xmas and new when there is no money and everyone knows you are working.. but thank God for second thought. I endured and continued. I am used to late pay because I no longer depend on the salary whole heartedly again.

I know your issue is too much work load and late closing hours.. my dear its nothing. in as much as your salary is coming promptly.. just bear it rather than sitting at home no.. when you sit at home before you know it month has ended. and if there is no money to take care of your bills you won't like yourself except you are from a rich home whose parents still gives pocket money and offering money.. think well. I am ex Corper like you.. but I remained in the state where I served because the indegnes here need my service. and I get money from rending such service in and outside the company premises..
Thanks so much.

They don't even pay salary on time!
November salary hasn't been paid. Till next week. Between Wednesday and Friday.

So disheartening!
Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by Gbengageorge: 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2018
Apply for contact center jobs

Welcomme:
Yes I can speak Hausa very well.
Re: I'm About To Quit My Job!!! by Cormung: 5:28pm On Dec 02, 2018
In my humble opinion, you should leave this donkey work and look for a better one. If you don't have enough money now, you can take a loan. Unless you have poor credit score, you might look through bad credit catalgoues and buy everything you need there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / Current Vacancies At Maerskline / Big Career Opportunity For Forex Trader: Earn More Than N12million Per Annual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.