Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,391 members, 7,819,403 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) (4862 Views)

Am I Being Punished By God? / Photos Of Assemblies Of God Members Dancing After Supreme Court Victory / Russia's Supreme Court Deems Jehovah Witnesses Extremist, Bans Organization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 03, 2017
lifeispeace:
Good evening nairalanders...
I am an atheist as many contradictions in the bible coupled with real life experiences and other people's ideology have made me seriously doubt the existence of God..
But as of late,I feel everything I do is being made a failure..
I graduated since 2014 with a 2'1 but can't get a job, living itself is a problem as bills are piled up and everything I do seems a failure..

My mum once told me that because I refuse to believe in God I will not get what I look for,although I outrightly dismissed this motion...
But of recent,everything I do is bouncing back...

Atheist in the house, what's your take on this..
And please no xtian should come preach about punishment here ....please embarassed
Hardmirror, ifenes,seun and other atheist...

What's your degree in?
Do you have passion for entrepreneurship?
Do you have passion for academic research?
Please let me know because gods don't help,men do!

1 Like

Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by HardMirror(m): 5:13pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nigayoyo:

What's your degree in? Do you have passion for entrepreneurship? Do you have passion for academic research? Please let me know because gods don't help,men do!
Thumbs up
Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by lifeispeace: 6:13pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nigayoyo:

What's your degree in?
good evening...I graduated with a 2'1 in mass communication
Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by lifeispeace: 6:14pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nigayoyo:

What's your degree in?
good evening...I graduated with a 2'1 in mass communication...
yes I have a passion for entrepreneurship...

have a nice day
Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by lifeispeace: 6:19pm On Mar 03, 2017
Seun:

What bills specifically? And what are the other failures you have experienced, apart from not being able to get a job for 2 years or less??
rent,feeding and major expenses....

every thing I try my hands into is a failure...
its been like I've been hindered by some unknown forces to hinder my success for refusing to believe or acknowledge him...it's been really hard
Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by HardMirror(m): 6:26pm On Mar 03, 2017
lifeispeace:

its been like I've been hindered by some unknown forces to hinder my success for refusing to believe or acknowledge him...it's been really hard
You don't sound, strong and self determined.
My advice, don't go into entrepreneurship until you work on your self-determination. Else you would be a quitter.
Tough times never lasts, but tough people do.
Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2017
ifenes:

You are obviously not destined for failure,no one is. But there are factors that lead to the experience of lack, failure etc. From young age we have been programmed to think in a certain way and what to expect and what not to expect. The mind has therefore been indirectly programmed for failure. Most times we create all the problems we have, whether consciously or unconsciously. You must train yourself to be what you want to be. Let your mind decide, not your environment or beliefs. You are the Mathematician( problem solver), you are in control,not the problem.

Changing ones's negative mindset to positive doesn't happen overnight, it takes time. You need coaching and training in the mist of negative minded people.

You will need to cultivate new habits, you must learn to think wild and free. Avoid resistant to new ways of thinking.

Success comes in various forms. We want abundance but often misinterpret it to come with money. You don't really need jobs or money to have everything you want. Sometimes they come as gifts or a reward for your talent. The focus on money alone will often lead to disappointments.

When you become strong with your mindset( mind power) and you are now in a state where you can manifest what you want,you will start intentionally creating problems to solve them for fun. Life is the way we think it.

What you are going through is an opportunity for you to feel excited and find something to solve. The Solution is there with you. Use it!

Lastly, a winning mentality is very important. Before a task,see yourself as a winner. Winning at all cost is important in life.

I wish I could like this comment more than once!

1 Like

Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by lifeispeace: 6:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
HardMirror:

You don't sound, strong and self determined.
My advice, don't go into entrepreneurship until you work on your self-determination. Else you would be a quitter.
Tough times never lasts, but tough people do.
I do....my self determination is at the sky....
I believe I can
Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by HardMirror(m): 6:58pm On Mar 03, 2017
lifeispeace:
I do....my self determination is at the sky....
I believe I can
Good.
That is the spirit of winners. Quitters never win. God won't give you anything believe me. It's all a fade. I have said it before and I repeat it again. God does nothing for christians. Challenges are common to everyone and breakthroughs are common to everyone regardless of religion. Muslims, atheists, buddhists, you name it all have millions of people who are living good lives.

You need to seat down, take an inventory of the resources and abilities you have and determine how best you can put them to sustaining your need first, then sustaining your dreams.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 03, 2017
lifeispeace:
good evening...I graduated with a 2'1 in mass communication...
yes I have a passion for entrepreneurship...

have a nice day

OK, job prospects for mass comm majors in Nigeria are weak...you might want to set up a gofundme, paypal, or Indiegogo (a launchpad for entrepreneurial ideas) account, explain your goals and how you plan to implement it. Then put the link here for we humans to assist. However, you MUST first work on your mind..no force is trying to stop you. I curse Jesus and Allah everyday because I know they don't exist.

1 Like

Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by lifeispeace: 8:03pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nigayoyo:

OK, job prospects for mass comm majors in Nigeria are weak...you might want to set up a gofundme, paypal, or Indiegogo (a launchpad for entrepreneurial ideas) account, explain your goals and how you plan to implement it. Then put the link here for we humans to assist. However, you MUST first work on your mind..no force is trying to stop you. I curse Jesus and Allah everyday because I know they don't exist.
thanks for your show of concern...
I'm not really technological savvy and don't know how to do what you advised....
I have a very profitable entrepreneurial idea that could be harnessed into something big but constraints are here and there...
Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by Seun(m): 8:22pm On Mar 03, 2017
lifeispeace:

(1) Apart from not getting a job and, as an expected consequence, not being able to pay your bills, what other things have you tried your hands at? (2) Can your mum, who is religious, pay your bills with some of the money that God has been giving to her due to her belief in God?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 03, 2017
lifeispeace:
thanks for your show of concern...
I'm not really technological savvy and don't know how to do what you advised....
I have a very profitable entrepreneurial idea that could be harnessed into something big but constraints are here and there...

Oh setting up an account on indiegogo.com is a no-brainer! Can you now see?..you need to work on your defeatist mentality! The same way you opened an account on nairaland is the same you will create one on indiegogo!

On indiegogo.com, go to "How it works", click on "Get started", then click on "I'm raising funds for a project"...there you go!
Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by HardMirror(m): 8:32pm On Mar 03, 2017
Seun:
(1) Apart from not getting a job and, as an expected consequence, not being able to pay your bills, what other things have you tried your hands into? (2) Can your mum, who is religious, pay your bills with some of the money that God has given to her due to her belief in God?
Food for thought
Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by HardMirror(m): 8:34pm On Mar 03, 2017
Nigayoyo:

Oh setting up an account on indiegogo.com is a no-brainer! Can you now see?..you need to work on your defeatist mentality! The same way you opened an account on nairaland is the same you will create one on indiegogo!

On indiegogo.com, go to "How it works", click on "Get started", then click on "I'm raising funds for a project"...there you go!
Exactly what I observed. She needs a Go-Go disposition

1 Like

Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by JimloveTM(m): 11:37pm On Mar 03, 2017
lifeispeace:
I am an atheist as many contradictions in the bible coupled with real life experiences and other people's ideology have made me seriously doubt the existence of God..
I graduated since 2014 with a 2'1 but can't get a job, living itself is a problem as bills are piled up and everything I do seems a failure..

My mum once told me that because I refuse to believe in God I will not get what I look for,although I outrightly dismissed this motion...

And please no xtian should come preach about punishment here

Am a very practical christian, and I only recommend what I have tested and proven to work. I have gone through your post. Things may be going wrong for you for alot of reasons unrelated to religion. But for depression, you don't seem to have found inner peace, and the only cure i know for inner peace is the scripture verse that says "come unto me all ye that are heavy laden and I will give you rest".. Atheism no dey pay. Not to insult anyone but I do know up to 5 atheists personally, some are wealthy but all are very miserable. A common characteristics is lack of inner peace.

For your jobs dear, try repackaging yourself. Prayer has helped me countless times, I mean I have been rejected countless times on some bids i submit but each time i get frustrated and pray about it in faith, the next time i always get favoured. There's no such thing as luck. Of course you need to have a skill, have a great degree but without favour it's almost impossible to be found in a pool of intellectuals equally qualified for same job. Life is no coincidence nor luck. It has been working for me. there are other special experiences i have had that convinces me beyond doubt that there's God.

As an atheist, what do you really gain? What do you lose believing in God? Seun comment above asked if your mum is financially stable seeing she's religious. But my question and reply to him is this "she may not be so wealthy to help you, but does she lack inner peace? That's more important than the wealth.. Well I pray for you to experience a personal encounter. I will give you a sign. If you can genuinely believe for a week that Jesus is Lord, read your Bible and pray to him with faith and then go ahead to submit your cv to as many places as you want, then you will get your job that same week, aside that, you will find inner peace. Are you taking my challenge? Just 1 week. Quote me when you get your job.

I wish you success.

1 Like

Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by timiawe123: 12:32am On Mar 04, 2017
JimloveTM:

Am a very practical christian, and I only recommend what I have tested and proven to work. I have gone through your post. Things may be going wrong for you for alot of reasons unrelated to religion. But for depression, you don't seem to have found inner peace, and the only cure i know for inner peace is the scripture verse that says "come unto me all ye that are heavy laden and I will give you rest".. Atheism no dey pay. Not to insult anyone but I do know up to 5 atheists personally, some are wealthy but all are very miserable. A common characteristics is lack of inner peace.

For your jobs dear, try repackaging yourself. Prayer has helped me countless times, I mean I have been rejected countless times on some bids i submit but each time i get frustrated and pray about it in faith, the next time i always get favoured. There's no such thing as luck. Of course you need to have a skill, have a great degree but without favour it's almost impossible to be found in a pool of intellectuals equally qualified for same job. Life is no coincidence nor luck. It has been working for me. there are other special experiences i have had that convinces me beyond doubt that there's God.

As an atheist, what do you really gain? What do you lose believing in God? Seun comment above asked if your mum is financially stable seeing she's religious. But my question and reply to him is this "she may not be so wealthy to help you, but does she lack inner peace? That's more important than the wealth.. Well I pray for you to experience a personal encounter. I will give you a sign. If you can genuinely believe for a week that Jesus is Lord, read your Bible and pray to him with faith and then go ahead to submit your cv to as many places as you want, then you will get your job that same week, aside that, you will find inner peace. Are you taking my challenge? Just 1 week. Quote me when you get your job.

I wish you success.

The " inner peace" you speak of is experienced by Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Zoroastrians, ecks, Mormons, catholics, protestants, Jehovah witnesses and countless other religious people.

Its a common religious phenomenon.

As an atheist with inner peace.
I find peace by withdrawing from the noise of societal life and living a calm and loving life free of hatred and evil intentions.
Doing good and helping others in everyway I can also gives me immense peace and happiness.

Also, Mr/Mrs atheist who thinks that god is punishing him/her. Become aware and conscious.
You really need to look inwards and unlock the key to success you have inside you.
Personally, I see opportunities everywhere.
Acquire skills that are in high demand.
For example, Programmers and software developers are in extremely high demand.

True happiness comes from within.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by lepasharon(f): 2:50am On Mar 04, 2017
Seun:
(1) Apart from not getting a job and, as an expected consequence, not being able to pay your bills, what other things have you tried your hands at? (2) Can your mum, who is religious, pay your bills with some of the money that God has been giving to her due to her belief in God?

grin grin
Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by rinzylee(m): 6:43am On Mar 04, 2017
JimloveTM:

I wish you success.

God bless you
Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by lifeispeace: 7:04am On Mar 04, 2017
Seun:
I have tried baking,catering and a whole lot of other stuffs but they seem not to be working...

as for my mom,she's far away from me...although, I don't have the same religious ideologies with her...
that not withstanding, I have no qualms with her as we get along well ...
but on a general note , I don't really see why someone who isn't financially stable will give foodstuffs, money and offer services every Sunday to her church in the name of fulfilling her religious duties...
it's sad as I have tried my best to change her mindset about Jesus and the cross of calvary cheesy but it seems it has been deeply rooted to her heart....
Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by HardMirror(m): 7:08am On Mar 04, 2017
timiawe123:

The " inner peace" you speak of is experienced by Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Zoroastrians, ecks, Mormons, catholics, protestants, Jehovah witnesses and countless other religious people.

Its a common religious phenomenon.

As an atheist with inner peace.
I find peace by withdrawing from the noise of societal life and living a calm and loving life free of hatred and evil intentions.
Doing good and helping others in everyway I can also gives me immense peace and happiness.

Also, Mr/Mrs atheist who thinks that god is punishing him/her. Become aware and conscious.
You really need to look inwards and unlock the key to success you have inside you.
Personally, I see opportunities everywhere.
Acquire skills that are in high demand.
For example, Programmers and software developers are in extremely high demand.

True happiness comes from within.

You know many so called christians are not as intelligent as they presume. Happiness has nothing to do with reality or social standard of happiness.
I had a friend who had everything, he was even leading his department in school. Guess what he was just never happy. He committed suicide and in his suicide note. He made it clear he did not kill himself out of depression, but because he feels peace is only found in death.
We both lived in "Crystal Palace" Lodge Futa and he committed suicide during our IT.
At the time he committed suicide, I was one of those who condemned him and was astonished at how "stupid" he was.
Now I see he was not stupid.
Happiness in death or life. Happiness in riches or poverty. People are happy when they choose to be happy. You live to 5000yrs, so what? You have 100trillion dollars, so what?
There are monks in tibet that live a secluded life and they found happiness in a life of owing nothing.
You think you have inner peace as a christian only because you have successfully put your mind in a state of delusional hope. The mind can be tricked and in christianity burden is taken off the mind with the assurance that there is someone called Jesus that's got your back.
How can you be happy as an atheist?
Don't put your self in any uncomfortable situation. Live your life with contentment even if you have ambitions, be grateful for the little you have.
I remember living with my mum for a year, as long as I had food to eat. I was contented. I was never carried away by my collegues getting jobs or getting married. I am me, I have my own life to life and I choose to live each day grateful for the little I have. Grateful to god? No. I am grateful to my mum that kept me and was feeding my lazy ass. I found joy in helping her not in thanking an imaginary being.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by lifeispeace: 7:39am On Mar 04, 2017
Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 04, 2017
lifeispeace:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fashion-wears/x/16192173#/
@nigayoyo

The link says "The page you are looking for is currently in "DRAFT" mode and hidden from the public. Please contact the campaign owner if you feel this is in error! "

You may need to go through your settings and check or uncheck a box...thanks
Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by HardMirror(m): 10:34pm On Mar 04, 2017
TESTIMONY
I have been in Imo state for about 2weeks now and been lodging in an hotel.
Guess what?
Without asking, without giving anything, just like that, the Manager came to my room and told me I should stop paying. I should stay as long as I want without paying anything. Wow!

This is prove good things happen to everyone.

The hotel owner is a christian, yet we both laughed at his receptionist who kept talking about the "special" program evangelist Chidi Ibenado held yesterday (friday).
So what made me enjoy such favor? Don't forget this could be a testimony to a christian that would make everyone jump on their feet and shout hallelujah.

Good things happen to everyone and anyone, same with misfortunes.

Use your head

Full gist on my stay here in Ihiagwa, Imo state coming soon and the pastorpreneurs here coming soon.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by lifeispeace: 5:50am On Mar 05, 2017
HardMirror:
TESTIMONY
I have been in Imo state for about 2weeks now and been lodging in an hotel.
Guess what?
Without asking, without giving anything, just like that, the Manager came to my room and told me I should stop paying. I should stay as long as I want without paying anything. Wow!

This is prove good things happen to everyone.
cry

They'll never understand that good luck is something that can happen to anyone and not some special brew of people "Christians"
The hotel owner is a christian, yet we both laughed at his receptionist who kept talking about the "special" program evangelist Chidi Ibenado held yesterday (friday).
So what made me enjoy such favor? Don't forget this could be a testimony to a christian that would make everyone jump on their feet and shout hallelujah.

Good things happen to everyone and anyone, same with misfortunes.

Use your hear.

Full gist on my stay here in Ihaigwa, Imo state coming soon and the pastorpreneurs here coming soon.

Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 05, 2017
lifeispeace:

And please no xtian should come preach about punishment here ....please embarassed

Lol. You're funny, you know.

Your heading says you think you're being punished by some spiritual beings and in the same breathe you say those who believe in God shouldn't come and talk to you about being punishment.

It is clear you're conflicted within yourself. You're not in harmony with yourself at all.

Anyway, I won't say that the reason you can get a job is spiritual, you're just one out of millions who can't get jobs in Nigeria, so nothing special about your case.

But I'm just kinda curious, how and why did you become an atheist?

I'd like to know if it's not too much to ask.
Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 05, 2017
my dear it is because the words your mother have said and others around you who might have said 1 or 2 things negative to u is starting to affect you. you feel you are a failure because of what they said and your subconscious is starting to believe those words. I'm an atheist and life is really good for me because I believe I don't need any god to survive

Just work hard and be focus

lots of love dear...

1 Like

Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 05, 2017
greatnaija01:
why are you in despair.... here are the things you need and your wheel of experiences will change

GOOD OPTIMISTIC FRIENDS

BUSY BUSINESS IDEAS

MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF.... your inner self

You need to get away from everything and everyone familiar to re-invent yourself

You also need to read/watch/listen TO only positive things so that your AURA and energy can influence your current environment and give you a product of SUCCESS... things can only go wrong outside when things are upset on the inside!!!

If you see sense in this PM me let me walk you thru..

this really helped me . already sent u a pm.. really need more of this
Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by Jeel: 1:01pm On Mar 05, 2017
lifeispeace:
what truth?
Good afternoon my sis. I understand how you feel I've been there and out.
Pls read this in your spare time:
http://kevinashwe.com/true-christianity-is-effortless/
http://kevinashwe.com/god-is-not-angry-with-you/
Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by mctowel01: 1:18pm On Mar 05, 2017
wirinet:
It seems the OP is suffering from depression. I believe most young people (18 - 25 yrs) suffer from one form of depression or the other as they discover themselves and their place in society. The difference is in the severity of the depression. Some are mild and are hardly noticeable, while others are chronic and sometimes suicidal. It is this depression that makes youths susceptible to religious and cult fanatism, others show symptoms in rebellious and antisocial behaviours.
Family support is crucial in helping youth cope with this depression phase. Being busy pursuing other goals like education, career or other passion can help mitigate the effect of depression. The worst enemy of depression is being idle with no goals or ambition.
Wow, ...... Like you totally described some phases I ve been experiencing. Very insightful. Thanks
Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by lifeispeace: 3:26pm On Mar 05, 2017
Nigayoyo:

The link says "The page you are looking for is currently in "DRAFT" mode and hidden from the public. Please contact the campaign owner if you feel this is in error! "

You may need to go through your settings and check or uncheck a box...thanks
https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/f2690f37
Re: I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) by rasbaby(f): 5:38pm On Mar 05, 2017
lifeispeace:

Please my dear use your brain and don't believe in any bull shit, and also don't forget to erase fear and worries from your mind. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Did Jesus Die / Evolutionary Theory: A Cause Of Racism. / I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.