Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home (4796 Views)

Police Rearrest Former MFM Chorister Over Libel Against Church Founder, Olukoya / US Court Orders Olukoya To Pay $7,320 To Sowore For Lying / MFM Church Bride Weds Without Makeup, Rocks Makeup At Reception (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:42am On Feb 01
I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To American Police, Installed CCTV At Home; I Need Protection From Cleric –US-based Nigerian Influencer, Ashekun Cries Out

January 31, 2024

Ashekun, a former member of the church (headquarters) in Lagos made this known in a Baltimore County Circuit Court in the United States and also on her programme monitored by SaharaReporters called 'Moment of Truth' on Tuesday.

A US-based Nigerian social media influencer and YouTuber Mrs. Funke Ashekun has cried out that Daniel Olukoya, the general overseer of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministry is allegedly after her life.

Ashekun, a former member of the church (headquarters) in Lagos made this known in a Baltimore County Circuit Court in the United States and also on her programme monitored by SaharaReporters called 'Moment of Truth' on Tuesday.

She asserted that she had been to the police in the US on different occasions and also had cameras installed all over her house as directed by the police. According to her, she is weary of the "ungodly activities" of Olukoya but concerned about her safety and that of her family members.

Ashekun told the court how Olukoya had allegedly gone after everyone close to her, especially the illegal detection of one Sunday Bawura Olowoyeye, a former pastor and Ayotunde Richard a former singer in MFM church.

She also explained that the US court awarded $50,000 against her and in favour of the MFM in the US because the three attorneys employed by the church were able to argue in court that MFM USA is a corporate organization in the country which suffered losses and damages as a result of her programmes.

She said; "I heard Olukoya in a recorded telephone conversation discovered online where he was threatening to arrest with the police one Bolanle Adebayo, a member of his church whom Olukoya perceived was communicating with me.

"Olukoya had gone ahead to harass my friends with the police and he had kept two of them in police custody with the help of a particular Superintendent Ayoleyi Tawose Ajayi of police in Alagbon FCID in Lagos.

"Ayoleyi Tawose Ajayi seized Richard's phones alongside his wife's and searched through and delivered detailed information from the four phones to Daniel Olukoya, including financial transactions, bank statements and other conversations to Daniel Olukoya of MFM.

"Olukoya blatantly handed those documents to his United States lawyer Garcias to present in court during a court session that involved MFM and Funke Ashekun

"I have been to the American police on three occasions and also had cameras installed all over my house as directed by the police. I am weary of the ungodly activities of DK Olukoya and I’m concerned about my safety and that of my family members.

"It is false propaganda that a US court slammed me $50,000 for defaming Olukoya! Olukoya is not one of the 6 plaintiffs that sued me. How was judgement ruled in his favour when he wasn’t even listed as one of the plaintiffs. In a defamation case, proper parties must be brought before the court. The defamed must be the plaintiff.

"The plaintiffs in the lawsuit against me are MFM USA, MFM MARYLAND, MFM BOWIE and three of their pastors including Grace Ugeh, Adekunle Adekola and Kunle Ladipo.

"The three attorneys employed by MFM were able to argue in court that MFM USA is a corporate organization in the United States of America which suffered losses and damages as a result of my programmes.

"They claimed their branches are closing down and pastors who are breadwinners of their homes are becoming jobless. They also claimed that their members and their children are suffering from psychological and emotional abuse from the public as a result of my shows. They also claimed that their pastors are even ashamed to identify themselves as MFM pastors again.

"They argued that because I have made similar statements on Maureen Badejo's shows in 2020 about Olukoya and MFM church, their members regard 'Moment Of Truth' as an extension of my appearance on Maureen's show and thereby started leaving MFM church in the US.

"While the court awarded $50,000 in favour of MFM USA, the remaining 6 plaintiffs' defamation claims were struck out including MFM Maryland and MFM Bowie because those are regarded as private bodies and cannot claim defamation. The two branches do not come under US corporate organizations."

A Baltimore County Circuit Court in the US had awarded $50,000 in damages against Mrs. Ashekun for defaming Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries in the US.

The MFM had filed a lawsuit against the Nigerian social media influencer, YouTuber and a former member of the church over alleged defamatory programmes against the ministry and its General Overseer, Olukoya.

The lawsuit was filed at Baltimore County Circuit Court by one Adekunle Adekola, who is a pastor at an MFM branch in the US.

SaharaReporters

"They argued that because I have made similar statements on Maureen Badejo's shows in 2020 about Olukoya and MFM church, their members regard 'Moment Of Truth' as an extension of my appearance on Maureen's show and thereby started leaving MFM church in the US."

ACCURATE DETAILS OF THE LAWSUIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMgZyyFwV6Q

See Related Thread
Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by Seefinish: 12:53am On Feb 01
US court slammed you a fine of 50k dollars for defamation and you are saying that the court erred?
Keep running your mouth

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:57am On Feb 01
ACCURATE DETAILS OF THE LAWSUIT (2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAWoHw0b-H0
Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by BoldBrainz(m): 12:57am On Feb 01
Seefinish:
US court slammed you a fine of 50k dollars for defamation and you are saying that the court erred?
Keep running your mouth

I have no idea about this lady's issue with Daniel Olukoya of MFM, but you see that Pastor and his church? The day an exposé will be done on him and the activities going on behind the scenes of his ministry, TB Joshua's episode is going to be a joke.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by Tjra: 12:59am On Feb 01
Seefinish:
Keep running your mouth
Dem go soon slam am $5M cheesy

Foolish attention seeking woman.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by Tjra: 1:00am On Feb 01
BoldBrainz:

I have no idea about this lady's issue with Daniel Olukoya of MFM, but you see that Pastor and his church? The day an exposé will be done on him and the activities going on behind the scenes of his ministry, TB Joshua's episode is going to be a joke.

You can take it as a personal project.

Do well to share the outcome with us.

May I never be a windchaser 🙏

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by woginid967: 1:04am On Feb 01
Twe twe

Pastors are humans...

No matter how genuine or holy they may secretly be, they still have flaws and faults

People should read their Bibles well

Prophets in the bible declared judgement on people who mocked them or spoke against them....

If you cant defame an earthly soldier and feel safe ....why should you defame a kingdom soldier and be safe

If you cant defame an herbalist or fetiishh priest and remain ok... What part of the Bible makes you think those who are imperfect but sent by God should be defamed easily.

Sadly we dont have men who can call down fire and send plagues anymore else Christianity would be revered and feared.

What's all this nonsense....

I personally checked 8 of those who gallantly mocked all men of God from the 2000s to the time of Maureen.... Today, many of them are like desolation... Nothing positive or amiable about them.

Christians feeling called to attack and shame fellow Christians in the presence of unbelievers is the exact reason islam is gaining strength daily.

God have mercy

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by BoldBrainz(m): 1:08am On Feb 01
Tjra:

You can take it as a personal project.

Do well to share the outcome with us.

May I never be a windchaser 🙏

Say whatever you like, the words are yours to use as carelessly as you please. My point has been made, and how you choose to take it, is solely your concern.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by Tjra: 1:10am On Feb 01
BoldBrainz:

Say whatever you like, the words are yours to use as carelessly as you please. My point has been made, and how you choose to take it, is solely your concern.
Eh yah.. You will be okay cry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by BoldBrainz(m): 1:12am On Feb 01
Tjra:

Eh yah.. You will be okay cry

Idiots who keep holding brief for religious charlatans.. 😂

6 Likes

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by Tjra: 1:16am On Feb 01
BoldBrainz:

Idiots who keep holding brief for religious charlatans.. 😂
Your moniker is Bold brains but you don't sound like someone who has something upstairs. Insult is a defence mechanism of intellectually deficient people.

You need to go back to school, get properly educated and learn how to hold intelligent conversations.

Boy, I can mentor you for free if you don't mind.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by BoldBrainz(m): 1:25am On Feb 01
Tjra:

Your moniker is Bold brains but you don't sound like someone who has something upstairs. Insult is a defence mechanism of intellectually deficient people.

You need to go back to school, get properly educated and learn how to hold intelligent conversations.

Boy, I can mentor you for free if you don't mind.

Oh, calling me a "windchaser" over an opinion I put up was you commending me with a handshake right? You're unfathomably stupid for trying to flip the coin!

You don't serve lime and expect potato in return. And if that's your definition of intelligence, I'll rather cuddle my supposed ignorance with glee, you deranged clown!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by Tjra: 1:32am On Feb 01
BoldBrainz:

Oh, calling me a "windchaser" over an opinion I put up was you commending me with a handshake right? You're unfathomably stupid for trying to flip the coin!

You don't serve lime and expect potato in return. And if that's your definition of intelligence, I'll rather cuddle my supposed ignorance with glee, you deranged clown!
Keep wallowing in your ignorance then since you don't wanna learn and you are ready to die in it.

However, please do well not to birth children if you get married. Nigeria can't afford to have another generation of your type.

This has to end with you. Cheers & Goodbye cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by BoldBrainz(m): 1:36am On Feb 01
Tjra:

Keep wallowing in your ignorance then since you don't wanna learn.

However, please do well not to birth children if you get married. Nigeria can't afford to have another generation of your type.

This has to end with you.

So long as you can replicate your buffoonery in a bunch of retarded offsprings, I'm certain mine will do just fine..😂.

Nigeria has outlived fools, and though you may be a pitiable downgrade from that status quo, I'm darn certain Nigeria will do just fine with you smearing your idiocy all over her fabric of existence.

5 Likes

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by ecolime(m): 1:41am On Feb 01
BoldBrainz:

You dey cap nonsense 😒

4 Likes

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by BoldBrainz(m): 1:44am On Feb 01
ecolime:

You dey cap nonsense 😒

It's not my fault that your brain is too jelly to understand simple English.

Bugger off, you idiot!

3 Likes

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by NoToPile: 1:49am On Feb 01
What is the issue Gangan,

What are the ungodly activities?
how is he after your life?

You say court awarded 50k dollars against you infavour of Mfm USA after you were accused of defamation. You also say the Dr Olukoya was not among the plaintiffs. Okay. So it was the church that sued you.

Now after court judgment what again?

Are you saying the American courts were wrong or they don't know defamation?

I am beginning to like the stance of churches sueing for defamation, if a church has nothing to hide, if you talk anyhow you prove your self in court. Shikena. These things are not that hard.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by Chigozie321: 1:50am On Feb 01
woginid967:
Twe twe

Pastors are humans...

No matter how genuine or holy they may secretly be, they still have flaws and faults

People should read their Bibles well

Prophets in the bible declared judgement on people who mocked them or spoke against them....

If you cant defame an earthly soldier and feel safe ....why should you defame a kingdom soldier and be safe

If you cant defame an herbalist or fetiishh priest and remain ok... What part of the Bible makes you think those who are imperfect but sent by God should be defamed easily.

Sadly we dont have men who can call down fire and send plagues anymore else Christianity would be revered and feared.

What's all this nonsense....

I personally checked 8 of those who gallantly mocked all men of God from the 2000s to the time of Maureen.... Today, many of them are like desolation... Nothing positive or amiable about them.

Christians feeling called to attack and shame fellow Christians in the presence of unbelievers is the exact reason islam is gaining strength daily.

God have mercy
This is deep

2 Likes

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by ecolime(m): 1:54am On Feb 01
BoldBrainz:

It's not my fault that your brain is too jelly to understand simple English.

Bugger off, you idiot!
Baba, na you get jelly brain oo.. Everyone on the thread is making a reasonable contribution except you.

No wonder they say make you go back to school. You carry your madness near me, I go jam you like molue straight-up. No time.

BTW, you come off as one who hates Christianity or the church. If that's the case, no need engaging someone like you. Me no dey fight for God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:00am On Feb 01
BoldBrainz:

The issue with this lady is that some newspapers especially Punch wrongly reported that Olukoya was the plaintiff when it was not. This is certainly the season where the wind is blowing and many skeletons in the cupboard are being discovered.

3 Likes

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by Validated: 2:02am On Feb 01
BoldBrainz:

Do you understand what a "windchaser" really mean? Please, go on your knee and beg Holy Spirit to forgive you, because if that appellation sticks, Naira will be better than you ooo!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by searchng4love: 2:02am On Feb 01
Ashekun has not said anything coherent here. Is Dr DK visiting her house? No!

Is Dr DK calling to harass or assault her? No.

My advice: Ashekun eat the humble pie and apologize.... Or else kesekese lo sinri kasakasa nbo lona.

The earlier you retrace your steps the better.

Please no one should quote me uselessly if you don't want to be a windchaser...or basket water fetcher.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by BoldBrainz(m): 2:06am On Feb 01
Validated:

Do you understand what a "windchaser" really mean? Please, go on your knee and beg Holy Spirit to forgive you, because if that appellation sticks, Naira will be better than you ooo!

Go and ask your daft pastor that question. Also endeavour to give him the same recommendation. He needs it more than I do.
Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by BoldBrainz(m): 2:08am On Feb 01
OLAADEGBU:

The issue with this lady is that some newspapers especially Punch wrongly reported that Olukoya was the plaintiff when it was not. This is certainly the season where the wind is blowing and many skeletons in the cupboard are being discovered.

As I earlier stated, I have no idea as regards what issues she has with Olukoya because I'm stumbling on this episode for the first time, but by virtue of personal experiences, I can confidently tell that the day it will be that man's turn to dance to the music from the village square, the eyes will see more than the brain can contain.

3 Likes

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:09am On Feb 01
BoldBrainz:

As I earlier stated, I have no idea as regards what issues she has with Olukoya because I'm stumbling on this episode for the first time, but by virtue of personal experiences, I can confidently tell that the day it will be that man's turn to dance to the music from the village square, the eyes will see more than the brain can contain.

You have spoken well. wink

2 Likes

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by Chigozie321: 2:10am On Feb 01
BoldBrainz:

Why not let everyone know about your personal experience with Olukoya?

No need for all the subliminal mudslinging. Say it here so we can all learn.

5 Likes

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by BoldBrainz(m): 2:13am On Feb 01
ecolime:

Baba, na you get jelly brain oo.. Everyone on the thread is making a reasonable contribution except you.

No wonder they say make you go back to school. You carry your madness near me, I go jam you like molue straight-up. No time.

BTW, you come off as one who hates Christianity or the church. If that's the case, no need engaging someone like you. Me no dey fight for God.

Give me the address of the school you graduated from. I'll take the liberty of enrolling so I'll meet the set of tutors who gave you this sort of reasoning capacity.

Because I still fail to see why some of you are hauling attacks at me because I made a comment that refused to condemn the said woman over her claims.

Whenever it has to do with religion, you ordinary nigerians tend to bare fangs when someone has a divergent opinion. It's a wonder how you're even different from muslims who slit throats in defence of their mundane god.

You're all a bunch of religious extremists! Be telling me nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by ecolime(m): 2:18am On Feb 01
BoldBrainz:

Give me the address of the school you graduated from. I'll take the liberty of enrolling so I'll meet the set of tutors who gave you this sort of reasoning capacity.

Because I still fail to see why some of you are hauling attacks at me because I made a comment that refused to condemn the said woman over her claims.

Whenever it has to do with religion, you ordinary nigerians tend to bare fangs when someone has a divergent opinion. It's a wonder how you're even different from muslims who slit throats in defence of their mundane god.

You're all a bunch of religious extremists! Be telling me nonsense.
You will have to sell your father's house and other family properties to enrol in the schools I attended.

Anyway, you don't need to do that as someone already volunteered to school and mentor you for free.

muslims who slit throats in defence of their mundane god.

So, all Muslims are extremists? And their god is mundane?

Mehn.. I didn't know I was conversing with a ma*d man. You are not worth my time abeg.
Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:23am On Feb 01
Validated:

What is windchaser? Are folks now practising witchcraft in disguise of piety? undecided

2 Likes

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by BoldBrainz(m): 2:32am On Feb 01
ecolime:

You will have to sell your father's house and other family properties to enrol in the schools I attended.

Anyway, you don't need to do that as someone already volunteered to school and mentor you for free.

muslims who slit throats in defence of their mundane god.

So, all Muslims are extremists? And their god is mundane?

Mehn.. I didn't know I was conversing with a ma*d man. You are not worth my time abeg.

Do you know you can actually go and die if my presence and opinions annoy you that much😂?

It's an easier remedy, because I have no intention to scamper for the same education that makes you foolish and thoughtless in the face of religion.

So if you're not very keen on dying, simply get used to being around me and my uncommon brand of madness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:42am On Feb 01
searchng4love:

Ashekun has not said anything coherent here. Is Dr DK visiting her house? No!

Is Dr DK calling to harass or assault her? No.

My advice: Ashekun eat the humble pie and apologize.... Or else kesekese lo sinri kasakasa nbo lona.

The earlier you retrace your steps the better.

Please no one should quote me uselessly if you don't want to be a windchaser...or basket water fetcher.

Did you read the part where Olukoya allegedly hacked into her account and produced her bank statement in court? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home by sreamsense: 3:16am On Feb 01
OLAADEGBU:

Was it for defaming Olukoya? undecided
Once I see YouTuber, bloggers involving in defaming issues, 98% of them always end up loosing the case. They are always jobless and lazy; only depending on Google/facebook bloggings and fabrication of lies to feed. When they are possessed by the spirit of Mammon, they can spoil any integrity for money. As busy as Dr Olukoya is, it is your house he will be visiting to harrass you and that is why she installed CCTV. Lady liar! How many slanderous previous cases against same man of God were won in the past? What happened to Sowore and the liked at last?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Must Pastors Accept Cash Payment After Preaching in another Church? / Christ Embassy Will Hand Out Free Gifts On Independence Day / Flirty Fishing - Evangelical Christian Doctrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.