Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Please Help Ticks Are About To Kill My Dogs - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Please Help Ticks Are About To Kill My Dogs (2750 Views)

Threatened By A Snake, Warned By My Dogs / Pls Suggest The Type Of Local Food I Can Give To My Dogs. / I Love My Dogs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Ticks Are About To Kill My Dogs by vicky3(m): 7:43pm On Feb 28, 2017
i went with my dog to a friends house he has a rott gsd mix not knowing the dog was infested wit ticks immediately i knew i changed the location of my dogs but i guess it was too late now i need a permanent solution i dont care the cost abeg make una help me out mom has been bombarding me with calls i did a google search i saw lime water works have tried that but it did not work any other solution please house ? cc seun cc jado
Re: Please Help Ticks Are About To Kill My Dogs by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 28, 2017
Well I recommend a 404 meat
Abi you no dey like dog meat
Re: Please Help Ticks Are About To Kill My Dogs by vicky3(m): 7:51pm On Feb 28, 2017
Charlescobi:
Well I recommend a 404 meat
Abi you no dey like dog meat
you cant eat my dogs man

1 Like

Re: Please Help Ticks Are About To Kill My Dogs by theyongest: 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
Have you talked with your vet yet? He should be your first dial in times like this.
Re: Please Help Ticks Are About To Kill My Dogs by vicky3(m): 10:00pm On Feb 28, 2017
theyongest:
Have you talked with your vet yet? He should be your first dial in times like this.
not yet
Re: Please Help Ticks Are About To Kill My Dogs by bobogii2008: 5:51am On Mar 01, 2017
Goto any pet or animal store and get BIO-FINIL.. Thank me later. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Please Help Ticks Are About To Kill My Dogs by Stdaviding(m): 7:05am On Mar 01, 2017
There are so many spray and effective powders..... Just check in a pet store
Re: Please Help Ticks Are About To Kill My Dogs by priestcharm(m): 9:24am On Mar 01, 2017
You can also get amitraz. But it's very powerful. the dog must not lick it. you must get a mouth guard and tie the dogs mouth... just a cap drop in about 1 litre water, warm will do. rinse the dog body with water, then soak the warm water/mixed with armitraz in her body. allow to dry before you remove the mouth guard..
You can also give Palm oil to drink in case it mistakenly lick it to neutralize the power so your dog won't die

1 Like

Re: Please Help Ticks Are About To Kill My Dogs by afolay: 11:33am On Mar 01, 2017
Get a tick powder from a pet store or u see your vet
Re: Please Help Ticks Are About To Kill My Dogs by vicky3(m): 7:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
Thanks everyone I got a spray already
Re: Please Help Ticks Are About To Kill My Dogs by jimmysqueen(f): 2:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
I see someone recommended palm oil to neutralise if dog licks it. When palm oil washes up on the beaches here in the UK, we are warned it is poisonous to our dogs. Is this the same kind of palm oil?!
Re: Please Help Ticks Are About To Kill My Dogs by Coldplay007(f): 3:31am On Mar 10, 2017
1.Atmitraz. Very effective in case of an outbreak.. Spray the dogs cage and surrounding with the solution too.. Repeat after 2 weeks of use. be careful with Armitraz, dogs have been know to die if concentration is too high.. 1ml per 4L should be OK. wash the dog with soap and water.. rinse with water, then pour the armitraz solution all over the coat. it should be evenly distributed, don't manage armitraz solution . You need about 12L of armitraz solution for 1 dog.

2. after the 2 armitraz applications.. use Biofinil spray 2 weeks after the 2nd armitraz application.. then continue 1 monthly Biofinil preventive application.
Re: Please Help Ticks Are About To Kill My Dogs by Coldplay007(f): 3:34am On Mar 10, 2017
priestcharm:
You can also get amitraz. But it's very powerful. the dog must not lick it. you must get a mouth guard and tie the dogs mouth... just a cap drop in about 1 litre water, warm will do. rinse the dog body with water, then soak the warm water/mixed with armitraz in her body. allow to dry before you remove the mouth guard..
You can also give Palm oil to drink in case it mistakenly lick it to neutralize the power so your dog won't die

you will kill this dog.. too concentrated... max conc is about 1ml to 2L.. but 1ml to 4L is ok..

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Ticks Are About To Kill My Dogs by vicky3(m): 10:25am On Mar 10, 2017
Thanks house
Re: Please Help Ticks Are About To Kill My Dogs by Baroba(m): 12:59pm On Mar 10, 2017
jimmysqueen:
I see someone recommended palm oil to neutralise if dog licks it. When palm oil washes up on the beaches here in the UK, we are warned it is poisonous to our dogs. Is this the same kind of palm oil?!

You are probably thinking of crude oil ( petrol, kerosene are by products of crude )from shipping vessels, i heard of oil spillage during my days in UK but certainly not palm oil.. Palm oil is actually used in cooking in most West African homes, so its edible.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Ticks Are About To Kill My Dogs by jimmysqueen(f): 1:59pm On Mar 10, 2017
This is what I thought but the warnings are definitely for palm oil althlugh it is very light in colour and sol id lumps. I've bought palm oil to cook my husband's food and he is definitely still alive and kicking grin

1 Like

Re: Please Help Ticks Are About To Kill My Dogs by jimmysqueen(f): 2:03pm On Mar 10, 2017
Re: Please Help Ticks Are About To Kill My Dogs by Baroba(m): 2:23pm On Mar 10, 2017
jimmysqueen:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3524305/Fatbergs-big-boulders-Caribbean-washing-UK-beaches-pose-danger-children-dogs.html

This is quite recent, I dont think it left the islands of the Carribean looking like that, it must have been contaminated somewhere along the line.. Palm oil is perfectly safe as I know it.. The cold climate in UK / Europe means it will turn solid under room temperature, In Nigeria / West Africa due to the humidity its usually liquid..
Re: Please Help Ticks Are About To Kill My Dogs by juceey: 6:57pm On Oct 03, 2023
Lost my first gsd dog to tick. When getting the second one. I decided to go for a dog with less hair so I can pick tick easily... Did tick picking, regularly bathing with tick soap and afterwards tick powder. All of these at best help manage the ticks, until I got a Special Tick Mixture and in just two days all ticks were gone not only from my dog but even the surroundings and my balcony.

Call me on 09058965168 for more enquiry

(1) (Reply)

SOLD! SOLD!! SOLD!!!Affordable Adult Male South African Boerboel For Sale / 10wks Male&Female Rott Pups for sale!!! / Dog Bite... HELP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.