Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,377 members, 7,853,679 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:31 PM

Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal (34198 Views)

President Buhari Visits The Ikeja Bus Terminal In Lagos State (Photos & Video) / Broadcast Stations To Be Fined N500000 For Callers' Hate Speeches - NBC / Newly Built Ikeja Bus Terminal By Governor Ambode (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by superson001(m): 8:48am On Mar 01, 2017
Lagos is going to be the next Dubai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 01, 2017
superson001:
Lagos is going to be the next Dubai

cheesy
Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 01, 2017
Omo I envy Lagos state.... Ride on sir.

Rochas shey Ambode will no take you tutorial like this?
Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by wristbangle: 8:51am On Mar 01, 2017
It's a pity that the strategically located filling stations have to pave way for bus terminals hence easing traffic at maryland for commuters.

As for the replacement of danfo buses with new buses coming on board, definitely the larger share will go to lagos state but means of livelihood should be provided for those "agberos" (using them in the new transportation scheme) in order not to avoid crime rate increase in the city.

Still kudos to Ambode.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by cloudyskygrind(m): 8:52am On Mar 01, 2017
cuedish:
Oga Ambode. .
Weldone sir, In my own opinion sir, I'd say you complete the rail system before replacement of Danfo buses, with a well functioning train system people can live in ibadan and work in lagos. While the saturated parts of lagos will be decongested with time.

and Sir. you will also have to look into more intense security as we will have more number of jobless agbero/Danfo driver.

#wehdon sir

Sir, you are calling danfo drivers criminal sir, please sir, drivers are not pleased with your attribution, Sir.

Na wa! Nigerians and sir - cringy

1 Like

Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by lakesider(m): 8:55am On Mar 01, 2017
If na Igbo get the place .
Dem go say dem target dem .
Hmm , naija nd drama

1 Like

Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by wristbangle: 8:55am On Mar 01, 2017
cuedish:
Oga Ambode. .
Weldone sir, In my own opinion sir, I'd say you complete the rail system before replacement of Danfo buses, with a well functioning train system people can live in ibadan and work in lagos. While the saturated parts of lagos will be decongested with time.

and Sir. you will also have to look into more intense security as we will have more number of jobless agbero/Danfo driver.

#wehdon sir

The rail system will complete by 2018 or so, we can't wait till then as this step will ease traffic by unveiling the new commuter buses which will provide relieve to passengers and traffic congestion.
Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by femolii: 8:57am On Mar 01, 2017
Awon ato n rinwa mora won

1 Like

Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by tripoli007(m): 8:57am On Mar 01, 2017
2kass:
Mobil and Ooando for Maryland... the only few stations that are into 24/7 sales..

You wan make fuel finish for car on top 3rd MB ni?

We no go gree....

Beht as Omooluabi and for the collective good of the Yoruba indigenes and visitors from the North and Most especially the East, we support the move.

But we must realize that the fact that there are Africans in New York no mean say New York Na African City.

Fellow night crawler spotted .. But oga ambode this is not a welcome development for night crawlers association undecided
Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by mikeapollo: 8:59am On Mar 01, 2017
lightblazingnow:

http://newtelegraphonline.com/news/ambode-converts-mobil-oando-filling-stations-bus-terminal/

This is NOT a wise move.
1. Those filling stations are private properties of people/organizations. It makes no sense to destroy businesses because you want to build motor parks. Some people would lose their jobs because of this. This would also affect Mr Biggs
2. From experience, motor parks that are built very close to junctions/roundabouts end up creating more traffic and confusion.

3. If the governor is not being lazy, he should look for other locations where he can build motor parks. After they have sold all the lands to themselves, they are now looking for how to takeaway lands from private businesses in order to develop the state. The last govt. under Fashola destroyed people's shops and foolishly used the spaces to plant flowers.

4. They should look for land to build more motor parks and leave private businesses alone

1 Like

Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by Zirah: 9:14am On Mar 01, 2017
Haha. You made my day.

cuedish:

that of Ekiti isn't sitting. ...the ibaka bird is standing
Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by Zirah: 9:15am On Mar 01, 2017
Haha as well. Thumbs.

sarrki:

When I mean governors I didn't mean jesters

Minus only fayose out
Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by Zirah: 9:19am On Mar 01, 2017
Some stupid Igbos here too will be saying "Ambode is working". Berra go back to your fictitious Biafra village and let's hear a word.
Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by Abdulazeez007(m): 9:22am On Mar 01, 2017
Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by dominique(f): 9:24am On Mar 01, 2017
Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by lightblazingnow(m): 9:28am On Mar 01, 2017
benuejosh:
Ambode is working while one other man from Ekiti is running his mouth upandan.

Love is the greatest
Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by yadnus1(m): 9:33am On Mar 01, 2017
And to think that the two filling stations housed my two favorite restaurants Mr Bigg's and Chicken Republic.Why now? Good movei! I support any move that foster development.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by Aburi001: 9:36am On Mar 01, 2017
sarrki:
Good and working governor

All our governors are sitting up now

Good one for Nigerians

Tinubu knows who to choose when it comes to Governance.

But the Ondo State people rejected Segun Abraham the appointed Son of the Jagaban.
Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by Princewell2012(m): 9:41am On Mar 01, 2017
BrokenTV:

Do you ever sleep you are always on this forum 24/7

God bless you. I have challanged him before. Is not possible for one to be working and still does that.

May be he is working for this governent on social media issues.
Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by ephi123(f): 9:46am On Mar 01, 2017
dealslip:
I eat back every word I said against Ambode. What was I thinking of supporting that Agbaje. This guy is moving with such passion. Agbaje would have spent 4 years probing Fashola and Tinubu while Lagos would have been groaning just like Buhari is doing with the fruitless anti corruption fight.

cheesy
Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:52am On Mar 01, 2017
Zirah:
Some stupid Igbos here too will be saying "Ambode is working". Berra go back to your fictitious Biafra village and let's hear a word.
keep fooling yourself. Everyone else is lauding the actions of the governor you're here screaming ipob and Biafra
Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by ProGSM(m): 9:58am On Mar 01, 2017
cuedish:
Oga Ambode. .

#wehdon sir

You made a point. Stopping Dando will create alot of joblessness around.
Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by arsenal33: 10:05am On Mar 01, 2017
No.1 Governor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by TeamSimple(m): 10:09am On Mar 01, 2017
Tinubu should start scouting for Barcelona..His that good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by bayulll011(m): 10:11am On Mar 01, 2017
mikeapollo:

This is NOT a wise move.
1. Those filling stations are private properties of people/organizations. It makes no sense to destroy businesses because you want to build motor parks. Some people would lose their jobs because of this. This would also affect Mr Biggs
2. From experience, motor parks that are built very close to junctions/roundabouts end up creating more traffic and confusion.

3. If the governor is not being lazy, he should look for other locations where he can build motor parks. After they have sold all the lands to themselves, they are now looking for how to takeaway lands from private businesses in order to develop the state. The last govt. under Fashola destroyed people's shops and foolishly used the spaces to plant flowers.

4. They should look for land to build more motor parks and leave private businesses alone

Many unintelligent people on NL to u know what you wrote down their make sense to u Abi shm,the goverment has every right to destroy,demolish any building that may cause ish sole responsibility of goverment is to make life easy for his citizen that's why the filling stations need to go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by elmarshall1(m): 10:17am On Mar 01, 2017
sarrki:

Good one for Nigerians
Kano gov exempted.
Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by deloon(m): 10:29am On Mar 01, 2017
Topic: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal

...Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State yesterday said it would convert the popular Mobil and Oando filling stations...

What is this?
Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by Fhowe: 10:42am On Mar 01, 2017
rubbish nonsense a bus park where mobile and oando is those placs have been there for as long as i can remember the other bustops that are in lagos has he maintained them why does he want to make that place dirty and a den for criminals anyways i know they just want this people to come and settle rubbish must the busstop be there or does he not like the serene look of that place must he put a busstop there na wa oooo
Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by natznext(m): 10:50am On Mar 01, 2017
2kass:
Mobil and Ooando for Maryland... the only few stations that are into 24/7 sales..

You wan make fuel finish for car on top 3rd MB ni?

We no go gree....

Beht as Omooluabi and for the collective good of the Yoruba indigenes and visitors from the North and Most especially the East, we support the move.

But we must realize that the fact that there are Africans in New York no mean say New York Na African City.

My headache exactly, those are the major filling stations we rely on for 24/7 service on the mainland, if Lagos truly wants a Night economy how do we achieve that without fuel to drive it?... those stations can't just go like that
Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by mikeapollo: 11:01am On Mar 01, 2017
bayulll011:

Many unintelligent people on NL to u know what you wrote down their make sense to u Abi shm,the goverment has every right to destroy,demolish any building that may cause ish sole responsibility of goverment is to make life easy for his citizen that's why the filling stations need to go

If that filing station is where your daily bread comes from, you would not be saying what you are saying!
Those buildings were built with approval, permission and authority of the government with huge fees paid. There are many other places where they can build motor parks without destroying people's businesses.
Motor park is NOT a special project that should warrant the destruction of meaningful businesses. Those filling stations are among the very few that offer almost 24/7 services in Lagos. I hope you know how important that is. The govt can always find many alternative spaces to build if they are really serious about doing something about the traffic situation. They will cause more havoc with this development because most vehicles would be lining up to buy fuel along the other filling stations on Ikorodu road and this will cause heavier traffic than what we have now.
Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by mayorwah98(m): 11:11am On Mar 01, 2017
sarrki:

Good one for Nigerians
Except El-rufai
Re: Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal by Zirah: 11:12am On Mar 01, 2017
No you're the fooled. Bloody hypocrites. Today Yorubas are the ones behind your backwardness. Tomorrow you're hailing Ambode. Wait let me hear good work Ambode from that your rotten mouth, you go see wetin I go do you.

PerfectlyPerfect:

keep fooling yourself. Everyone else is lauding the actions of the governor you're here screaming ipob and Biafra

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From The Meeting Of President Buhari With APC Governors / INEC Declares APC's Usman Ododo Winner Of 2023 Kogi Guber Election / Zahra Buhari And Toyin Saraki At Rhythm Of Hope Festival Of Art & Culture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.