Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,146 members, 7,845,795 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Osinbajo: “you Can’t Have Any Serious Kind Of Industrialization In This Country, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: “you Can’t Have Any Serious Kind Of Industrialization In This Country, (889 Views)

PDP To Osinbajo: ''You Are A Beneficiary Of Corruption'' / FFK: "Osinbajo You Are Corrupt, A Liar, Disgrace, Traitor To Your Faith & Race" / BREAKING!!! Furious Kanu Replies Osinbajo: You Will Die If... (photos+video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo: “you Can’t Have Any Serious Kind Of Industrialization In This Country, by Nobody: 4:24am On Mar 01, 2017
Acting President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo has stated that government’s regulatory agencies would take responsibility for facilitating businesses in the country.

Osinbajo was quoted as making this statement on Tuesday during a follow-up meeting with the Abia State Governor Okezie Ikpeazu, medium & small scale business stakeholders from the State and some Federal Government regulatory agencies.

A statement by his Special Adviser on Media, Laolu Akande said the Acting President had visited Aba to flag-off the Presidency’s MSMES Clinics where medium & small scale businesses were brought together in one spot with the Federal Government regulatory agencies.

At the meeting, also attended by the Industry, Trade & Investment Minister-Dr. Okey Enelamah, and the Minister of State in the ministry, Mrs. Aisha Abubakar, the Acting President directed both the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration & Control, NAFDAC and the Standards Organisation of Nigeria, SON, to ascertain specific timelines within which they would be able to grant licenses and approvals required of them by Nigerians and business interests.

Subsequently the Director-General of SON, Mr. Aboloma Osita, who attended the meeting announced that within 60 days the agency will issue required approvals, while the Acting Director-General of NAFDAC, Mrs. Yetunde Oni also said within 90 days the agency will issue required licenses.

According to the Acting President, regulatory agencies like NAFDAC and SON would be judged “by how many people, businesses they are able to support “to achieve the greatest public good.”

He commended the Abia State Governor for his drive, adding that ‘Made in Aba’ products are now acquiring a mark of quality.

He said: “like I said during my visit to Aba, you can’t have any serious kind of industrialization in this country, without a focus on Aba.”
source:https://lifeconcerns./2017/03/01/osinbajo-you-cant-have-any-serious-kind-of-industrialization-in-this-country-without-a-focus-on-aba/

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: “you Can’t Have Any Serious Kind Of Industrialization In This Country, by chemistry157: 4:29am On Mar 01, 2017
Finally FTC!!! today must be my lucky day!!!
Re: Osinbajo: “you Can’t Have Any Serious Kind Of Industrialization In This Country, by Nobody: 4:52am On Mar 01, 2017
The set of people who are supposed to make an impact in the lives of Nigerians and it's economy have always been relegated to the back ground in this country

this is a leader with vision

and please beam your head light on electricity generation as that is the power house of any meaningful development

Baba God please help us so the old man will remain in London for a very long time if not forever

his absence is a blessing in disguise

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: “you Can’t Have Any Serious Kind Of Industrialization In This Country, by adonbilivit: 4:55am On Mar 01, 2017
Fix the power sector and you would be shocked how industrialized this country would be coz right now, its cheaper to even produce in Ghana coz of the cost of fueling a generator in this country. NEPA and Fashola need to be on their toes

Meanwhile check and click on my signature

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: “you Can’t Have Any Serious Kind Of Industrialization In This Country, by Nobody: 4:55am On Mar 01, 2017
chemistry157:
Finally FTC!!! today must be my lucky day!!!

be patient you will soon get an alert and remember to send me my own share
Re: Osinbajo: “you Can’t Have Any Serious Kind Of Industrialization In This Country, by Nobody: 4:56am On Mar 01, 2017
with osibanjo i see a great nigeria.
Re: Osinbajo: “you Can’t Have Any Serious Kind Of Industrialization In This Country, by omenkaLives(m): 6:05am On Mar 01, 2017
He said: “like I said during my visit to Aba, you can’t have any serious kind of industrialization in this country, without a focus on Aba.”

That is what the Ag President said, but the op conveniently left that part out because he's desperate to cash out his wailing mavros.

Oya op...

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: “you Can’t Have Any Serious Kind Of Industrialization In This Country, by Godfullsam(m): 6:16am On Mar 01, 2017
I do much love this man

God bless you Mr acting president
This is the kind of leader we need.

Baba can remain in the UK for as long as he wants.

We are not missing him
Re: Osinbajo: “you Can’t Have Any Serious Kind Of Industrialization In This Country, by maclatunji: 6:23am On Mar 01, 2017
The Acting President is right. I like the fact that he is focusing on his core brief- the economy. This year was always going to be critical for this administration and things are beginning to gel for them. It is left for Nigerians to abandon mischief and do the work to develop Nigeria as a nation.
Re: Osinbajo: “you Can’t Have Any Serious Kind Of Industrialization In This Country, by freeze001(f): 6:39am On Mar 01, 2017
omenkaLives:

That is what the Ag President said, but the op conveniently left that part out because he's desperate to cash out his wailing mavros.

Oya op...

Hey that bit is right there! Read slowly n carefully, it's d last paragraph actually.
Re: Osinbajo: “you Can’t Have Any Serious Kind Of Industrialization In This Country, by wristbangle: 6:44am On Mar 01, 2017
omenkaLives:

Oya op...

cheesy cheesy lol you eh!

We still have a long way to go. Kudos to PMB for allowing PYO implementing the strategies of this administration
Re: Osinbajo: “you Can’t Have Any Serious Kind Of Industrialization In This Country, by omenkaLives(m): 6:47am On Mar 01, 2017
freeze001:

Hey that bit is right there! Read slowly n carefully, it's d last paragraph actually.
Hey, I'm referring to the topic. Cant you see what i wrote was even in quotation marks? If it wasnt taken from the article itself, so where am i quoting from that you have to ask me to "read slowly and carefully"?

I think you are the one who should do so.

Na wa oo. Some of una no dey try at all. Just want to talk because you feel like talking. cheesy
Re: Osinbajo: “you Can’t Have Any Serious Kind Of Industrialization In This Country, by Repairnigeria(m): 7:20am On Mar 01, 2017
Kkk

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Called Osibanjo Today And Nigerians React (snapshots) / Obajana: The Curse Of The Powdered Gold- Sustainability Watch Nigeria / Seized $43 Million: What EFCC Found In My Apartment – Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.