Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,941 members, 7,821,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Seized $43 Million: What EFCC Found In My Apartment – Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seized $43 Million: What EFCC Found In My Apartment – Peter Obi (883 Views)

Ikoyi $43 Million: Five Osborne Towers VIP Tenants Under EFCC Probe / Ikoyi $43 Million: Magu, Presidency In Dilemma Over The Discovered Cash / Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seized $43 Million: What EFCC Found In My Apartment – Peter Obi by popstico: 5:59pm On May 01, 2017
Former Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi, has said operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), found only his wife’s clothes and shoes, when they searched his apartment in the Osborne Towers in Ikoyi, Lagos.

Last month, Obi’s apartment was raided following the discovery of over $43million in a neighbouring apartment (Flat 7B) in the building.

Obi’s house was one of the many searched by the anti-graft agency.

The EFCC had obtained a search warrant, to search all the flats in the building, amid a possibility that there could be more cash stashed away in another apartment.

Obi said at The Platform organized by the Covenant Christian Centre on May Day: “Ask those who searched it. I was abroad, they said they wanted to search my house, I sent the key, and they searched my whole apartment and I can tell you the only thing they found.

“They said this man doesn’t live here. It was only his wife’s clothes and shoes that we saw, we didn’t see anything belonging to him.

“I have said it to Nigerians, Peter Obi wears only black shoes, and I have two pairs of it, and I travel with it. The purpose of shoe is to protect the leg from being hurt. Nothing else. I bought this from Marks and Spencer, $49.99, finish.

“They said ‘we didn’t even see watch’, and I have said it to everyone, this is the only watch I have, I have worn it for 17 years. The purpose of watch is to keep time. Why would I keep a watch at home? Whose time is it keeping?”
SOURCE:http://www.thekalabaris.com/2017/05/01/seized-43-million-what-efcc-found-in-my-apartment-peter-ob/
Re: Seized $43 Million: What EFCC Found In My Apartment – Peter Obi by EjimaQuintana: 6:04pm On May 01, 2017
Lolz d former govnor stingy sha o.....habaaa one watch fr 17years Edakun ejoroorr.....FTC though
Re: Seized $43 Million: What EFCC Found In My Apartment – Peter Obi by bunmiano: 6:12pm On May 01, 2017
Hmmn
Re: Seized $43 Million: What EFCC Found In My Apartment – Peter Obi by Chikelue2000(m): 6:14pm On May 01, 2017
can dis be true?, a governor in Nigeria?
Re: Seized $43 Million: What EFCC Found In My Apartment – Peter Obi by bishop4life(m): 6:34pm On May 01, 2017
Chikelue2000:
can dis be true?, a governor in Nigeria?

you don't have to doubt it. this is a man that changed his convoy as a governor to buses to save excess protocol, petrol and logistics.
Re: Seized $43 Million: What EFCC Found In My Apartment – Peter Obi by Nkemtreasure: 6:37pm On May 01, 2017
EjimaQuintana:
Lolz d former govnor stingy sha o.....habaaa one watch fr 17years Edakun ejoroorr.....FTC though

But come to think of it, he's right. I don't know about any other thing, but I have always misplaced my watches and wallets so I stopped using them long ago since I've got my phone.
Re: Seized $43 Million: What EFCC Found In My Apartment – Peter Obi by Ayomidegbenga1(m): 7:01pm On May 01, 2017
Hmmmm I smell lies...
Re: Seized $43 Million: What EFCC Found In My Apartment – Peter Obi by PFRB: 10:55pm On May 01, 2017
Ayomidegbenga1:
Hmmmm I smell lies...
"

What lies. Since GSM came I have never worn any watch. How many years from today? ? ? ?

(1) (Reply)

BUHARI IS HALE & HEALTHY, MAY 29th SHALL TELL / Nigerien President’s Visit To Buhari Put Off / PHOTOS: PMB Receives Osinbajo Before Leaving For London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.