Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,417 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. (2313 Views)

Boko Haram To Bomb Osinbajo’s House; Plans Uncovered / Desmond Elliot Shares Photo Of His First Sitting At The Lagos House Of Assembly / Fashiola Blasts Jonathan Over Speech At Lagos PDP Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by agabaI23(m): 2:56am On Dec 13, 2009
The battle for Lagos - Tax issues, road contracts tear Tinubu, Fashola apart

Taiwo Adisa, Abuja - 13.12.2009

NOTWITHSTANDING the series of denials, Sunday Tribune can authoritatively reveal that loyalists of the former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu are set to serve impeachment notice on the incumbent governor of the state, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola any moment from now.

As a prelude to the release of the impeachment notice, the State House of Assembly is set to release the report of a budget performance of the state in 2009.

Besides, a review of the budget 2010 estimates submitted to the House of Assembly by Governor Fashola has also been collated, and the Assembly is also set to release some damaging aspects of budget review to further dampen the governor’s bright image among the people.

Sources contend that the Tinubu camp had been having some running battles with Fashola from his first day in office and that an association of mutual suspicion has been existing between them.

It was gathered that immediately Fashola became governor, some of those close to him prompted him to question the continued control of the state’s political apparatus by Tinubu.
A source also said that the state government toyed with the idea of reviewing the tax consultancy regime foisted on the state by Tinubu’s administration, which ensured that the consultancy company takes home 10 percent of the state’s earnings on a monthly basis.

Sources had suggested that the bulk of those earnings were being repatriated back to his predecessor in office and that allowing a former political office holder access to such funds could be dangerous to the incumbent.

It was also suggested to Fashola that it would pay him to be his own man and that merely tagging along as Tinubu’s ‘boy’ would be counterproductive to his politics.

Initial skirmishes according to sources were promptly resolved at the instance of the Oba of Lagos Oba Akiolu, who was said to have called the duo of Fashola and Tinubu together and asked them to work together.

While the initial dust settled, further disagreements were to arise from the award of road rehabilitation contracts by Fashola. Two major roads, the Lekki-Epe and the Badagry Expressways contracts were said to have featured prominently in the division that has crept into the midst of the Tinubu camp and Fashola, upon which the impeachment plot is being built.

It was gathered that while Fashola agreed to suggestions of his predecessor on the award of some internal roads to certain contractors, the Tinubu’s camp move to influence the award of the two major express ways met with stiff resistance.

While Fashola abandoned the control of politics to Tinubu, he focused on infrastructural development and the results started showing within the first year.

He instantly became the shinning example of governance in Nigeria and that, to the chagrin of the Tinubu camp.

Now as a way of curtailing the Fashola challenge, which is said to have eclipsed all achievements of the former governor, some contractors, believed to have sympathy for the Tinubu camp have slowed down their work in the last six months.

But a source said that Fashola was actually choked by the demands of his godfather, who it was said had made himself appear the man in charge of politics and government in Lagos State.

Some elders in the state said that Fashola had to lie low after reading the true nature of the political structure of Lagos under the Action Congress (AC).

Tinubu is the de facto leader and the determinant of all issues in the party. He also funded the election of all members of the House of Assembly and all of them see him as their leader.

They also continue to see Fashola as Tinubu’s Chief of Staff even two years after he became the governor.

A source said that that is the reason the Assembly members are angered after hearing of the skirmishes between Tinubu and Fashola.

Besides, Fashola has continued to rely on the media machine set up by Tinubu to project his government, while failing to court the media in his own way.

He is also said to have failed to allow what is described as a (jeun soke) lobbying regime, which would ensure that the political godfathers are well placed financially such that they could always allow the effects to trickle down.

The traditional institution in the state is also said to be suffering from the due process approach of Fashola, with no special favours going towards them, unlike the Tinubu era.

The lawmakers in the House are said to be particularly angered that while the governor is a product of the Tinubu school of politics, which places high premium on lobbying, Fashola has refused to allow them influence on the budgets, especially in a way that would afford them political patronage.

“This governor, unlike his boss, does not dispense political patronages. When he calls meetings of monarchs and political leaders, he will only shake hands with them at the end of the day. Some political leaders were angry after one of the meetings and they had to report to Tinubu, who pleaded with them and had to send ‘messages’ round,” a source said.

Other sources said that Fashola is not learning from his boss, who took the advice of some Alliance for Democracy leaders in 1998 upon his return from his sojourn abroad.

It was gathered that Tinubu was advised to take both the media and the traditional institution seriously if he was to make a headway in Nigerian politics. The source said that Tinubu took the advice and he is today a tiger in the media.

Apart from the failing political patronage, Fashola has also fallen victim of the 2011 calculations. Tinubu’s camp it was said, has calculated that Fashola would become a much more difficult customer if he is retained as governor in 2011.

He is said to have demonstrated single mindedness on crictical issues, especially issue of funding of AC outside Lagos.

It was said that Tinubu had directed the governor to take over the sponsorship of AC’s activities at the national level as well as its activities in Osun, Ekiti and Oyo States but that Fashola reneged.

Tinubu’s camp thus felt that Fashola would become much more difficult if he retains the office in 2011.

Former Transport Commissioner, Muiz Banire is the favoured candidate to take over from Fashola, but the calculation, according to sources, is that the House can even get him out early enough through impeachment.

In view of Fashola’s rising profile among the populace, his traducers are resolved to take his sins to the public and then paint him as a corrupt man.

One of the sins is that his purchase of security helicopters were against the grain of due process and that the companies that handled the purchase is related to his brothers.

“The governor is going to be charged with nepotism and abuse of office,” a source said.

On the performance of the budget, the governor is being charged with failure to implement budgets as passed by the House and disregard for members of the House of Assembly, who see themselves as his seniors in the political party.

The result of the combined alleged failures of Fashola, it was gathered, is that the governor remains vulnerable to attacks both at the political end and within the media.

Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Hon. Adeyemi Ikuforiji is said to be the arrowhead of the ongoing plot against Fashola and he was the first to blow the lid on the rift when he told the governor to beware of praise singers during the 2010 budget presentation.

But the government of Lagos State has continued to insist that the Fashola/Tinubu relationship remains cordial.

In a statement issued by the state’s Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Barrister Opeyemi Bamidele late on Friday, the government dismissed what it called media reports, innuendos and speculations of the rifts between tinubu and Fashola.

The commissioner said that “Tinubu has never mounted any pressure on the State Governor and Government and any such report is mischievous, wicked and malicious.

“It is also not true that Governor Fashola had twice nearly resigned following illicit demands and indecent pressure and harassment on him. This is totally baseless, unfounded and a figment of warped imagination.

“Governor Babatunde Fashola, would like to dissociate himself from these ugly speculations and this diabolic scheme of dreaming up conflicts where there are none.

“He claims no exclusive credit for any achievement. Whatever credits he claims are to the extent that he was lucky among other talents to have been chosen to continue whatever schemes and programmes his illustrious predecessor started ñ and that is about everything, including the BRT and Waste-to-Wealth programme, which meticulous planning and clinical execution could not have been a product of less than six years.”
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by agabaI23(m): 2:57am On Dec 13, 2009
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by agabaI23(m): 2:59am On Dec 13, 2009
Lagosians should besiege the house of assembly if this is true.

Any privileged infor is welcome.
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by Kobojunkie: 3:14am On Dec 13, 2009
WOW!!! This is like something from some Politics "TWILIGHT zone".

agabaI23:

Lagosian should besiege the house of assembly if this is true.

Any privileged infor is welcome.

Lagosians have NOT been a part of this government on the major part. Most of what we have had are people sitting on the sidelines CHEERING it on, but not really wanting to get INVOLVED in the day to day running of affairs and decision making process in the state.
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by paddylo1(m): 3:19am On Dec 13, 2009
i believe fashola will survive. . .at least until 2011

one does not cut their nose to spite the face. . .esp in politics

plus there is no permanent friend or enemy,just interests

so i believe with PDP lurking in 2011. .it would be foolish for fashola to be dropped

if he gets picked up by the PDP he will win on that ticket

dont 4get lagos state elections together with kano were voted most credible in 2007

lagosians wont stand for this
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by agabaI23(m): 3:23am On Dec 13, 2009
Kobojunkie:

WOW!!! This is like something from some Politics "TWILIGHT zone".

Lagosians have NOT been a part of this government on the majority. Most of what we have had are people sitting on the sidelines CHEERING it on, but not really wanting to get INVOLVED in the day to day running of affairs of the state.

Well this is the time for those cheering from the sidelines to make their voices heard. One man who wants to do it right is about to face the maffia.

He should not do it alone.

I think even well meaning Nigerian should come from neighbouring states to support a 'Leave Fashiola alone Rally'
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by Kobojunkie: 3:32am On Dec 13, 2009
agabaI23:

Well this is the time for those cheering from the sidelines to make their voices heard. One man who wants to do it right is about to face the maffia.
He should not do it alone.
I think even well meaning Nigerian should come from neighbouring states to support a 'Leave Fashiola alone Rally'

What I said is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from what you have it meaning above.
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by Nchara: 3:43am On Dec 13, 2009
Topic: What makes you think Fasola is not one of their kind? How can snake (Tinubu) give birth to lizard (Fasola)? A snake wil always breed its kind. No? Just wait for things to unfold.
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by OAM4J: 3:47am On Dec 13, 2009
Tinubu will be committing a political suicide if he tries it. It will be the beginning of his end. Irrespective of whatever he has against Fasola, this is the wrongest time to attack him.
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by babapupa: 3:54am On Dec 13, 2009
As usual, all the anti Lagos bad bele folks are out with their long carving knives, lmao.

There's no news here my friends.

Eko o no baje l'aiye l'aiye l'oju awon olote.
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by Kobojunkie: 4:20am On Dec 13, 2009
OAM4J:

Tinubu will be committing a political suicide if he tries it. It will be the beginning of his end. Irrespective of whatever he has against Fasola, this is the wrongest time to attack him.

Tinubu should have NEVER had a political career in the first place.  His record should have been used against him from the start. But again, Lagosians CHEERED him from the sidelines, and some still cheer on, and so I believe is the reason why the man still tries ,at every chance, to show his face.
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by agabaI23(m): 4:27am On Dec 13, 2009
Kobojunkie:

What I said is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from what you have it meaning above. 

Sorry for misunderstanding what you meant.

Could you try to bring it to my level?
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by Kobojunkie: 4:37am On Dec 13, 2009
I have NO dreams of becoming a member of the cheerleaders club. What I meant was that LAGOSIANS have mostly not been a part of the decision making process and so, I see no reason why they should be called in NOW. The man is simply dealing with his "God father". Last I checked, Tinubu helped the man get elected, and has been sort of a God father to the present governor. Abi una go talk say na lie now? 

Instead, I believe the call should be for lagosians to take back government, make it theirs.
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by agabaI23(m): 4:52am On Dec 13, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I have NO dreams of becoming a member of the cheerleaders club. What I meant was that LAGOSIANS have mostly not been a part of the decision making process and so, I see no reason why they should be called in NOW. The man is simply dealing with his "God father". Last I checked, Tinubu helped the man get elected, and has been sort of a God father to the present governor. Abi una go talk say na lie now? 

Instead, I believe the call should be for lagosians to take back government, make it theirs.

Gotcha. However I think your last sentence relates to my understanding of the cheering in your first post . . lol

One thing I have come to understand is that as far as the people are not standing for their votes to count, it will always take the godfathers to get to the position of governance.

This means that even those who do not subscribe to Godfatherism will have to follow that route as a means to an end.
I do not think the masses should let him stand alone because he is falling out with his Godfather in other to serve the masses.
Don't you think that the detractors will think twice if the masses resist any such moves? That could count as a step towards taking back their government methink.
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by Kobojunkie: 5:08am On Dec 13, 2009
agabaI23:

Gotcha. However I think your last sentence relates to my understanding of the cheering in your first post . . lol
One thing I have come to understand is that as far as the people are not standing for their votes to count, it will always take the godfathers to get to the position of governance.
I agree with this, and that, to me, is a big part of the issue, even in this case.

agabaI23:

This means that even those who do not subscribe to Godfatherism will have to follow that route as a means to an end.
I disagree with this part.  It sounds to me like you are saying it is ok to party with the THIEFS, dine with the devil, or grease a few elbows, to get to where you need to go. 
In essence, you are saying those who take puck shots at Obasanjo for supposedly installing Yar adua are wrong then. And those calling foul on Soludo trying to get to the Anambra seat by employing the help of known godfathers are wrong? Is it really OK to pucker up just so you can get where you want to be?

agabaI23:

I do not think the masses should let him stand alone because he is falling out with his Godfather in other to serve the masses.
He has been standing it alone on the most part for all this while. I mean what are the masses going to come in with here?  “I VOTED for the tax increase and so I am standing on the side that GOT my VOTE” ? Or is this just a call for the cheerleaders to stand by their ‘god’ in his time of need? I mean how do you expect the masses to come in here?

agabaI23:

Don't you think that the detractors will think twice if the masses resist any such moves? That could count as a step towards taking back their government methink.
Detractors? Lol!! I think you are trying to PULL the people in to this just because.
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by mekusxxx: 5:14am On Dec 13, 2009
The battle for Lagos - Tax issues, road contracts tear Tinubu, Fashola apart
Taiwo Adisa, Abuja - 13.12.2009

NOTWITHSTANDING the series of denials, Sunday Tribune can authoritatively reveal that loyalists of the former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu are set to serve impeachment notice on the incumbent governor of the state, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola any moment from now.

As a prelude to the release of the impeachment notice, the State House of Assembly is set to release the report of a budget performance of the state in 2009.

Besides, a review of the budget 2010 estimates submitted to the House of Assembly by Governor Fashola has also been collated, and the Assembly is also set to release some damaging aspects of budget review to further dampen the governor’s bright image among the people.

Sources contend that the Tinubu camp had been having some running battles with Fashola from his first day in office and that an association of mutual suspicion has been existing between them.

It was gathered that immediately Fashola became governor, some of those close to him prompted him to question the continued control of the state’s political apparatus by Tinubu.
A source also said that the state government toyed with the idea of reviewing the tax consultancy regime foisted on the state by Tinubu’s administration, which ensured that the consultancy company takes home 10 percent of the state’s earnings on a monthly basis.

Sources had suggested that the bulk of those earnings were being repatriated back to his predecessor in office and that allowing a former political office holder access to such funds could be dangerous to the incumbent.

It was also suggested to Fashola that it would pay him to be his own man and that merely tagging along as Tinubu’s ‘boy’ would be counterproductive to his politics.

Initial skirmishes according to sources were promptly resolved at the instance of the Oba of Lagos Oba Akiolu, who was said to have called the duo of Fashola and Tinubu together and asked them to work together.

While the initial dust settled, further disagreements were to arise from the award of road rehabilitation contracts by Fashola. Two major roads, the Lekki-Epe and the Badagry Expressways contracts were said to have featured prominently in the division that has crept into the midst of the Tinubu camp and Fashola, upon which the impeachment plot is being built.

It was gathered that while Fashola agreed to suggestions of his predecessor on the award of some internal roads to certain contractors, the Tinubu’s camp move to influence the award of the two major express ways met with stiff resistance.

While Fashola abandoned the control of politics to Tinubu, he focused on infrastructural development and the results started showing within the first year.

He instantly became the shinning example of governance in Nigeria and that, to the chagrin of the Tinubu camp.

Now as a way of curtailing the Fashola challenge, which is said to have eclipsed all achievements of the former governor, some contractors, believed to have sympathy for the Tinubu camp have slowed down their work in the last six months.

But a source said that Fashola was actually choked by the demands of his godfather, who it was said had made himself appear the man in charge of politics and government in Lagos State.

Some elders in the state said that Fashola had to lie low after reading the true nature of the political structure of Lagos under the Action Congress (AC).

Tinubu is the de facto leader and the determinant of all issues in the party. He also funded the election of all members of the House of Assembly and all of them see him as their leader.

They also continue to see Fashola as Tinubu’s Chief of Staff even two years after he became the governor.

A source said that that is the reason the Assembly members are angered after hearing of the skirmishes between Tinubu and Fashola.

Besides, Fashola has continued to rely on the media machine set up by Tinubu to project his government, while failing to court the media in his own way.

He is also said to have failed to allow what is described as a (jeun soke) lobbying regime, which would ensure that the political godfathers are well placed financially such that they could always allow the effects to trickle down.

The traditional institution in the state is also said to be suffering from the due process approach of Fashola, with no special favours going towards them, unlike the Tinubu era.

The lawmakers in the House are said to be particularly angered that while the governor is a product of the Tinubu school of politics, which places high premium on lobbying, Fashola has refused to allow them influence on the budgets, especially in a way that would afford them political patronage.

“This governor, unlike his boss, does not dispense political patronages. When he calls meetings of monarchs and political leaders, he will only shake hands with them at the end of the day. Some political leaders were angry after one of the meetings and they had to report to Tinubu, who pleaded with them and had to send ‘messages’ round,” a source said.

Other sources said that Fashola is not learning from his boss, who took the advice of some Alliance for Democracy leaders in 1998 upon his return from his sojourn abroad.

It was gathered that Tinubu was advised to take both the media and the traditional institution seriously if he was to make a headway in Nigerian politics. The source said that Tinubu took the advice and he is today a tiger in the media.

Apart from the failing political patronage, Fashola has also fallen victim of the 2011 calculations. Tinubu’s camp it was said, has calculated that Fashola would become a much more difficult customer if he is retained as governor in 2011.

He is said to have demonstrated single mindedness on crictical issues, especially issue of funding of AC outside Lagos.

It was said that Tinubu had directed the governor to take over the sponsorship of AC’s activities at the national level as well as its activities in Osun, Ekiti and Oyo States but that Fashola reneged.

Tinubu’s camp thus felt that Fashola would become much more difficult if he retains the office in 2011.

Former Transport Commissioner, Muiz Banire is the favoured candidate to take over from Fashola, but the calculation, according to sources, is that the House can even get him out early enough through impeachment.

In view of Fashola’s rising profile among the populace, his traducers are resolved to take his sins to the public and then paint him as a corrupt man.

One of the sins is that his purchase of security helicopters were against the grain of due process and that the companies that handled the purchase is related to his brothers.

“The governor is going to be charged with nepotism and abuse of office,” a source said.

On the performance of the budget, the governor is being charged with failure to implement budgets as passed by the House and disregard for members of the House of Assembly, who see themselves as his seniors in the political party.

The result of the combined alleged failures of Fashola, it was gathered, is that the governor remains vulnerable to attacks both at the political end and within the media.

Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Hon. Adeyemi Ikuforiji is said to be the arrowhead of the ongoing plot against Fashola and he was the first to blow the lid on the rift when he told the governor to beware of praise singers during the 2010 budget presentation.

But the government of Lagos State has continued to insist that the Fashola/Tinubu relationship remains cordial.

In a statement issued by the state’s Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Barrister Opeyemi Bamidele late on Friday, the government dismissed what it called media reports, innuendos and speculations of the rifts between tinubu and Fashola.

The commissioner said that “Tinubu has never mounted any pressure on the State Governor and Government and any such report is mischievous, wicked and malicious.

“It is also not true that Governor Fashola had twice nearly resigned following illicit demands and indecent pressure and harassment on him. This is totally baseless, unfounded and a figment of warped imagination.

“Governor Babatunde Fashola, would like to dissociate himself from these ugly speculations and this diabolic scheme of dreaming up conflicts where there are none.

“He claims no exclusive credit for any achievement. Whatever credits he claims are to the extent that he was lucky among other talents to have been chosen to continue whatever schemes and programmes his illustrious predecessor started ñ and that is about everything, including the BRT and Waste-to-Wealth programme, which meticulous planning and clinical execution could not have been a product of less than six years.”
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by sjeezy8: 5:16am On Dec 13, 2009
[size=15pt]NOT TRUE[/size] AC just had a convention fashola called tinubu is mentor and they supposedly welcome jimi agbaje back into AC.

The event which featured Agidigbo traditional drummings, atilogu dancers, angwu and a sprinkle of eyo masquerade on display also had fuji music king, Wasiu Ayinde Marshal on band stand.

It was also an opportunity for former Lagos State governor Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and Governor Babatunde Fashola to show to everyone that there was no feud between them.

The first proof was the arrival of the duo together at the stadium which was heralded by jubilation from party supporters.

When it was time to make speeches, it was yet another chance for Tinubu and Fashola to convince everyone present that all was well between them as the two of them walked to the podium together.

Perhaps, to lay the rumour rift to a final rest, Governor Fashola while delivering his address referred to Tinubu as the “Asiwaju of the World, my leader and mentor”.

A surprise appearance at the Convention was governorship candidate of Democratic Party Alliance, DPA, Mr. Jimi Agbaje, giving an indication that he may have returned to AC.

A possible confirmation of this was when Wasiu Ayinde in singing Agbaje’s praises when he was introduced sang in Yoruba saying, “Welcome back home”.

In his address, Governor Fashola, said: ‘Former governors, especially my leader, my mentor, the Asiwaju of the world.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/12/12/atiku-accuses-pdp-of-blackmailing-opposition/

YOU PEOPLE ARE HATERS AND ARE WAITING WISHING FOR THE DESTRUCTION OF AC- FASHOLA
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by babapupa: 5:17am On Dec 13, 2009
agabaI23:

Don't you think that the detractors will think twice if the masses resist any such moves? That could count as  a step  towards taking back their government methink.

Don't waste your time. The individual you're going back and forth with is not interested in what ever you have to say about Lagos state, acknowledging anything positive coming out of Lagos state = cheerleader to him and some disgruntled folks on NL.

They don't give a hoot about Lagos and what ever positive transformation going on in Lagos is worthless and not worth talking about from where they are standing.

They are strictly anti Lagos and they are not here to reason with you or assert anything rational. Don't encourage the silliness.
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by babapupa: 5:22am On Dec 13, 2009
My Relationship With Tinubu Remains Healthy - Fashola.

Press Releases

My Relationship With Tinubu Remains Healthy - Fashola

Dec 8, 2009 - Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Tuesday declared that he would do everything to continue to maintain the healthy and warm relationship between him and former Governor Bola Ahmed Tinubu which predates his election into office as Governor.

According to Governor Fashola who spoke in an interview with newsmen at Lagos House, Marina after a meeting by the steering Committee on Lagos State position on the review of the 1999 Constitution added that: “I say very emphatically that our relationship predates my being in government and I will do everything to continue to maintain that relationship”

Said he: “The relationship is very important to me. I think some people are looking for a divide where none exists. I think at the very best some people are dreaming it. But if they remain in that dream they will not wake up. If they remain in that dream the development of Lagos will pass them by”.

He added: “They better wake up because no matter how long you dream that Governor Tinubu and I will fight, there would be no fight. There is no reason for us to fight. There is no contest between us. He is my leader. He is the leader of my party. The party that I am proud to be a member of”.

The Governor expressed concerns about what is happening to those saddled with the responsibilities of managing the information highway, advising that the people must learn to read between the lines.

“Maybe you want to give them an award for investigative journalism, if they have the facts let them bring them because if only two newspapers out of all the papers we have in Nigeria are developing a story that is baseless. Maybe they have an award for a scoop for it. Or did they receive an award which you did not have?”.

He added: “Our state is a very small state, if there is any such thing happening, it will be easy to pick. It is all grandstanding. Or maybe our opponents are just testing the waters to see if there would be a crack. But we remain solidly united”.

He was certain that Lagos remains solidly ready to continue to discharge its obligations to its people and advised the citizens to avoid rumour mongering and rumour peddling while continuing to face developmental projects and processes that are already making life better for the people.

On insinuations that the House of Assembly accused the cabinet of not performing, Governor Fashola said the House of Assembly never said the cabinet is not performing, but only asked that they should do more work.

He described the advice of the House of Assembly as a vote of confidence on the members of the State Executive Council whom they know can do it, adding that it is a self appraisal which was quite in order.

He also informed that he has just held a meeting with notable political leaders in the state on how to adopt a position paper on the South West Zone of the Constitutional review which Lagos is hosting later this week.

Governor Fashola said one of those who attended the meeting was Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu who with eight years of experience as Governor was a very necessary voice who made his presence felt.

Those who attended the meeting included the State Commissioner for the Environment, Dr Muiz Banire, Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr Supo Sasore (SAN) Alhaji Femi Okunnu (SAN) and Senator Olorunnimbe Mamora among others.
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by Nobody: 5:34am On Dec 13, 2009
nigerians and bad belle sha.

na everybody get home state oh.

mekush*t are you done with abia state?

that was a short diversion out of Yoruba territory i must say.
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by mekusxxx: 5:58am On Dec 13, 2009
So the helicopter was purchased by Fasola's brothers? What about the Sunburn Yatch? Hahahah! Fashola can't be different from the Bode George, how much more Tinubu
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by babapupa: 6:10am On Dec 13, 2009
^^^^Olodo.

Let me school you a little bit,

The money for the helicopters came from the police trust fund. Fashola and the state has zero jurisdiction over the trust fund  because the money doesn't belong to the state. Fashola  didn't award the contract because he has no authority to do such, the trust fund's governing board did.

I'm not asking you to stop peddling your rumor and ignorance since it's gonna be like preventing you from doing what you do best, lmao
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by mekusxxx: 6:28am On Dec 13, 2009
Bloody liar See bolded parts grin grin

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, on Monday unveiled two Bell 412 EP helicopters to boost the fight against crime.

The governor promised that the state government would do its best to secure the lives and properties of the citizens.

Speaking at a brief ceremony to unveil the helicopters, Fashola admitted that achieving a crime-free society was a tall order, but he said that government would outspend, outrun and overwhelm the competition that criminals offer.

Fashola said, “We know there is no crime-free society, but we understand that crime and crime patterns are very fluid and we are resolved to stay ahead of the competition. That is why we have made the investment in these machines to give us the capacity to monitor traffic, pursue criminals, fight fire and evacuate people promptly when accidents happen.”

The ceremony had in attendance members of the State Executive Council, state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo, Executive Secretary, Lagos Security Trust Fund, Mr. Fola Arthur-Worrey, among others.

Fashola said the choice of Bell 412 EP was informed by the multi-faceted platform which allows it to be utilised under various circumstances.

He also revealed that the helicopters were specially and uniquely configured for fire fighting, emergency services, search-and-rescue operations, air ambulance and airborne surveillance roles.

The governor added that the same type of helicopter was currently being used by several government agencies in different parts of the world, including the Fire and Emergency Services Authority in Western Australia, the police in Czech Republic, the Finnish Border Guard, Los Angeles County Fire Department, New York City Police Department, Chicago Fire Department, among others.

He said that the helicopters exceeded the standard Bell 412 prototype, adding that at the request of the state government, they have been fitted with 31 extra options to suit the use for which they were acquired.

“Each of the helicopters has the latest airborne systems, as well as inter-operable communications means, including searchlights and radios, which will allow easy communication both with the police and other agencies on the ground,” he said.

He also revealed that Caverton Helicopters would be engaged in the operation and management of the helicopters to ensure that the operational costs were met and that all the safety and regulatory issues as stipulated by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority were complied with.
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by babapupa: 6:33am On Dec 13, 2009
^^^^^^Olodo. Read and comprehend for a change. You shouldn't let bad bele take over ya brain,

Again, the money does not belong to the state government or the Nigerian police.

The money was voluntarily donated by Lagosians,

When asked if he was aware, as the chairman of the House Committee on Security, of the issue of the helicopters, he said, “I am not complaining. The Security Trust Fund is not a government institution; it is not an agency under the purview of the state government. It’s an agency initiated by the government and funded by outsiders. It’s not an agency of the government, so I cannot go there and ask them to open their book.”

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/5494277-147/story.csp
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by mekusxxx: 6:46am On Dec 13, 2009
The purchase on Monday of two helicopters by the state government without the knowledge of the House of Assembly also seems to have stoked the fires. The acquisition of the two helicopters took place on Monday, shortly before reports started emerging about a possible impeachment attempt
From your website

So Fash instituted an NGO, forces/persuades/cajoles/hoodwinks people to donate money into it and then turns round to award a contract for the purchase of helicopters with the same money to his brothers. Interesting scenario.
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by babapupa: 6:53am On Dec 13, 2009
What is your argument really? That the state paid for the copters or not? Pick one and let's take it from there,

btw, why are your quoting the website because according to you, it's a fake website,
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by mekusxxx: 6:58am On Dec 13, 2009
Just wait until the ''rumour'' (note the quotes) unravels.
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by babapupa: 7:01am On Dec 13, 2009
mekusxxx:

From your website

So Fash instituted an NGO, forces/persuades/cajoles/hoodwinks people to donate money into it and then turns round to award a contract for the purchase of helicopters with the same money to his brothers. Interesting scenario.

From same website,

When asked if he was aware, as the chairman of the House Committee on Security, of the issue of the helicopters, he said, “I am not complaining. The Security Trust Fund is not a government institution; it is not an agency under the purview of the state government. It’s an agency initiated by the government and funded by outsiders. It’s not an agency of the government, so I cannot go there and ask them to open their book.”

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/5494277-147/story.csp
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by babapupa: 7:04am On Dec 13, 2009
mekusxxx:

Just wait until the ''rumour'' (note the quotes) unravels.

Read the quote above yours, the state's chairman of the House Committee on Security broke it down.

Ignoring facts and faking ignorance is not good for you,

The Security Trust Fund is not a government institution; it is not an agency under the purview of the state government. It’s an agency initiated by the government and funded by outsiders. It’s not an agency of the government, so I cannot go there and ask them to open their book.”
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by AloyEmeka6: 7:12am On Dec 13, 2009
The real question remains unansered:  HOW CAN A COBRA GIVE BIRTH TO A LIZARD?. IS THAT POSSIBLE?.  It's either Fashola played Tinubu by using him to ascend the throne only to dump him after  or he has something up his sleeve. If the former is the case, then he will face a lot of opposition from the powers that be otherwise, he will not see that seat come 2011 else, the latter will be the case. Of course, Nigerians will prefer to blame their problems on tribal differences instead of approaching their issues meticulously.

Nairalanders and their fish brain. Do these Fashola apologists think that either  Fashola or Tinubu  will agree there is a rift between them in the media?. That will mean further questions and more troubles for both of them. [b]I pray they truly [/b]have a big misunderstanding because if one must eat with the devil, a long spoon is more appropriate.
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by babapupa: 7:31am On Dec 13, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Nairalanders and their fish brain. Do these Fashola apologists think that either  Fashola or Tinubu  will agree there is a rift between them in the media?.

Only a  fish brain thinker expects state leaders to go all out trashing their differences in public. As leaders, we expect them to display maximum decorum and work out their differences like adults and leaders. Only fish brain leaders and thinkers alarms the public and creates unnecessary drama like common street dolts.

Unlike you and regardless of what's going on behind the scene, I think they are conducting themselves very well like leaders and doing exactly what we want our leaders to do in times of crisis and so far, Lagos state remains the the most prosperous and peaceful state in Nigeria and so it shall remain.

No functioning democracy is void of frictions and egos, @ the end of the day, we expect them to do what's right before the people and ensure continuity and stability and that's exactly what they're doing. I'm glad they're not reading from your drama playbook.

I'll go ahead and excuse you if for whatever reason you did not take management, leadership and supervision class/es in college.
Re: Lagos House Plans To Impeach Fashiola. He Is Not One Of Their Kind. by AloyEmeka6: 8:04am On Dec 13, 2009
Are you not confirming what I said before?. It means that because Fashola denies the rift doesn't mean they don't have one. It's either the servant is disobeying his oga and following the people's mandate which I pray is the case and the oga is mad that his investment is not bringing dividends as he hoped. There is no amount of decorum that will hide the glaring truth.

That being said, Mr management & leadership expert, you are yet to answer the question in bold. How can a cobra give birth to a lizard?.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo Looted More Than Abacha! / Kenya Shows Nigeria How To Conduct Census. / Ogoni: Declaration Of Self-government Is Treason - Amaechi, Ogoni Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.