Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki (20511 Views)

Xenophobia: South Africa Issues Statement After Their President Was Booed / "Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa Targeted At Nigerian Criminals"—Thabo Mbeki / How China Helped Remove Robert Mugabe, ‘Dozing Despot’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by megareal: 8:02am On Mar 01, 2017
SA, the slavery of the whites hasn't lifted off of them.

Or how do you explain that a people who own a land and are in majority are claiming that a few immigrants are stealing their jobs and destroying their society?

It's a mental thing and they will forever be seeking whom to blame.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Cire80: 8:02am On Mar 01, 2017
ochiosa:
Don't mind your unemployable and ungrateful brothers who refuse to develop themselves.
Honestly, those South Africans are not protesting against crime. There was a xenophobic attack in 2015 and clearly stated that they were killing because they don't want foreigner in their country especially Nigerians that take all their job and their women. This was their excuse for the killing. Now they've found a better excuse that will give a better image to their evil act. Just like the Fulanis always look for a sensational reason to give for killing other Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by fulaniHERDSman(m): 8:08am On Mar 01, 2017
angry
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 01, 2017
lifezone247:
South African police service? Wow nice one, for my country Nigeria it's called police force. That's why everything na by force for my country police. SMH. undecided undecided

we have not yet attained democracy that is why nija police are mistreating the people

Military = force

Police = service

that is how democracy is run

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by enomakos(m): 8:14am On Mar 01, 2017
deliveryboy:
It all started when Mandela told Nigeria he could not guarantee Nigeria's super eagles' safety during the nations cup hosted in South Africa, that statement ignited the row between Nigeria and SA
which year is that?
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 01, 2017
The world right now is complaining of immigrants stealing the jobs etc. From America to South Africa.

See, you people should just Kuku come back to your country.
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by orunto27: 8:35am On Mar 01, 2017
Zuma isn't as good as Mbeki or Late Mandela.
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by cooldude62(m): 8:36am On Mar 01, 2017
Well said Baba, but it shouldn't be about who helped us but about other people have blood running in them and not water. Why kill gruesomely? Lazy bunch!
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Ramaa(m): 8:40am On Mar 01, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:
He's the only wise person in South Africa

Nigeria paid a major role in stopping Apartheid in South Africa, the freedom they enjoy today

They are still enslaved by the whites who still own and run South Africa but you won't see them protesting against the whites

You don't see them killing the whites who locked up Nelson Mandela for 18 years

And these people are something else, they don't wanna work, they would rather go clubbing and partying, at the end of the day they would get mad at Nigerians for taking their work and women

We gave life to South Africans and Ghanaians but you don't see Ghanaians disrespecting us

I blame the Nigerian leaders

What in the hell would make a Nigerian citizen wanna go to South Africa ??We're not the elephant of Africa for no reason
So because Nigeria helps S.A its right for them to do drugs....na other crimes.....

Get sense young boy.....
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Syjibrin(f): 8:44am On Mar 01, 2017
autotrader014:

Ewu, grow up. Am sure u didn't read it
why the insult? "Ewu"
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by SweetBoyFriend(m): 8:51am On Mar 01, 2017
Ramaa:

So because Nigeria helps S.A its right for them to do drugs....na other crimes.....

Get sense young boy.....

What drugs are you talking about ??

I will slap the taste out of your mouth

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Maryam1234(f): 8:53am On Mar 01, 2017
kingthreat:
Good one Thabo Mbeki. Remind those Uquomoti drinking lazy South Africans that millions of dollars came from Nigeria to give them their freedom else no black man would have ruled South Africa by now
You are talking about millions of Naira,what about some of our gallant soldiers that lost their dear life during The fight.Liberation are not gained through dialogue always.it's not a win win thing.But,posterity will judge them.
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Ramaa(m): 8:55am On Mar 01, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

What drugs are you talking about ??

I will slap the taste out of your mouth
You act like you don't know what your brothers are doing right there.....!!??......

Tell your brother to stop doing drugs and other crime in foreign land...so as they can stay safe.....
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by kingthreat(m): 9:00am On Mar 01, 2017
Maryam1234:

You are talking about millions of Naira,what about some of our gallant soldiers that lost their dear life during The fight.Liberation are not gained through dialogue always.it's not a win win thing.But,posterity will judge them.

Didn't know there was a military intervention. I will read more about that. Thanks
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by mechanics(m): 9:28am On Mar 01, 2017
good talk.
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by goldedprince: 9:34am On Mar 01, 2017
so because you helped me when i was in a helpless state, i should allow you destroy me when am stable?
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 01, 2017
wherw is jacob zuma?
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by emi14: 10:03am On Mar 01, 2017
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by emi14: 10:04am On Mar 01, 2017
Oladelson:
the truth about this is that its not really the fault of the south Africans;

if our leaders can be so knowledgeable to equip my beloved country NIGERIA, i see no reason why a country like dat show have power over us!

#DONT_BITE_THE_FINGER_THAT_FED_YOU
i agree wid him olohun

The attack must stop. President Mebki is talking about Africa and immigrants in general. Not necessarily Nigerians. Let the evil stop. Nigerians are medical experts and professors working in south Africa. Investors and merchants who are there earning living and foreign exchange for your dear country

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by dragonking3: 10:07am On Mar 01, 2017
Ramaa:
You act like you don't know what your brothers are doing right there.....!!??......

Tell your brother to stop doing drugs and other crime in foreign land...so as they can stay safe.....
If you see someone commiting a crime, the best thing to do is to report to the police not to go all out and kill innocent people without proof. You guys are sore losers.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by sshalom(m): 10:08am On Mar 01, 2017
This issue is very serious and demands the attention of the leadership of both countries.
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Biggcake: 10:33am On Mar 01, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:
He's the only wise person in South Africa

Nigeria paid a major role in stopping Apartheid in South Africa, the freedom they enjoy today

They are still enslaved by the whites who still own and run South Africa but you won't see them protesting against the whites

You don't see them killing the whites who locked up Nelson Mandela for 18 years

And these people are something else, they don't wanna work, they would rather go clubbing and partying, at the end of the day they would get mad at Nigerians for taking their work and women

We gave life to South Africans and Ghanaians but you don't see Ghanaians disrespecting us

I blame the Nigerian leaders

What in the hell would make a Nigerian citizen wanna go to South Africa ??We're not the elephant of Africa for no reason

Oga Nelson Mandela was jailed for 27yrs not 18yrs....

I use to think you know too much...Now i know your class.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Biggcake: 10:44am On Mar 01, 2017
deliveryboy:
It all started when Mandela told Nigeria he could not guarantee Nigeria's super eagles' safety during the nations cup hosted in South Africa, that statement ignited the row between Nigeria and SA

I dont buy your assertion...The main reason was largely due to the fact that Abacha's maximum regime received so many sanctions from world bodies. Which included the defunct OAU(Organisation of African Unity). So South Africa being a signatory to the OAU charter had to effect the sanctions of OAU on Nigeria.
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by SweetBoyFriend(m): 11:25am On Mar 01, 2017
Ramaa:

We sell the drugs to your mothers and sisters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Ramaa(m): 11:27am On Mar 01, 2017
dragonking3:
If you see someone commiting a crime, the best thing to do is to report to the police not to go all out and kill innocent people without proof. You guys are sore losers.
If committing crime and doing drugs are the symbols of victory for you Nigerian the they would rather remain losers for life........
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Ramaa(m): 11:28am On Mar 01, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

We sell the drugs to your mothers and sisters.

Thus why they chop your heads off down there......

Very good S.A kill them all maggot
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Oladelson(m): 11:30am On Mar 01, 2017
emi14:

The attack must stop. President Mebki is talking about Africa and immigrants in general. Not necessarily Nigerians. Let the evil stop. Nigerians are medical experts and professors working in south Africa. Investors and merchants who are there earning living and foreign exchange for your dear country

i agree with you sire!

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by SweetBoyFriend(m): 11:30am On Mar 01, 2017
Ramaa:
Thus why they chop your heads of down there......

Very good S.A kill them all maggot

Cry me a river

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by dragonking3: 12:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
Ramaa:
If committing crime and doing drugs are the symbols of victory for you Nigerian the they would rather remain losers for life........
Stop being deliberately foOlish. Every nation has drug issues. Go and google the gallows and chambers executions to understand more. Drug related offenses are everywhere, it is now left for the police to act and not the lazy locals killing innocent people that they suspect without proof

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by Ramaa(m): 12:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
dragonking3:
Stop being deliberately foOlish. Every nation has drug issues. Go and google the gallows and chambers executions to understand more. Drug related offenses are everywhere, it is now left for the police to act and not the lazy locals killing innocent people that they suspect without proof
But for you Nigerian doing drugs and crime is like one of your traditional.....

You can easily separate oil from water....than to separate Nigerian from doing drugs and crime......

You need to change guys.........
Re: Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki by dragonking3: 1:29pm On Mar 01, 2017
Ramaa:
But for you Nigerian doing drugs and crime is like one of your traditional.....

You can easily separate oil from water....than to separate Nigerian from doing drugs and crime......

You need to change guys.........
Doing drugs is everywhere. Americans do drugs, Mexicans do drugs, British do drugs, south africans do drugs, Colombians do drugs, Germans do drugs.. It is now left for the authorities to do their duties. Not the insane citizens taking laws into their own hands.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All African Countries And Their Independence Days, Colonial Names / Iran Vows To Avenge Assassinated Generals Lost To Alleged Israeli Airstrikes / President Biden Condems Hamas Attack On Israel, Pledges Support For Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.