Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,327 members, 7,860,807 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:36 PM

Meet DJ Jimmy Jatt's Protege Who Has Worked For Masterkraft And DJ Spinall - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet DJ Jimmy Jatt's Protege Who Has Worked For Masterkraft And DJ Spinall (429 Views)

Meet DJ Cuppy's Beautiful Manager / Oyindamola Amu, Jimmy Jatt's Daughter Graduates From University Of New York / Sunny Ade Takes Over The Wheel From DJ Jimmy Jatt At Dangote's Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet DJ Jimmy Jatt's Protege Who Has Worked For Masterkraft And DJ Spinall by magazineguy(m): 11:09am On Mar 01, 2017
It is not every day you meet a sound god. Meet Benie Macaulay, music producer and sound engineer who has his eyes set on being one of the foremost artistes in Nigeria with a listening audience that cuts across the world. Read below his interview first published in Tus.h Magazine.

How did you start music production?

I got into music myself, went online, just studied and practiced. Basically anything you want to be now, you can learn from YouTube. I just wanted to make something out of myself. I used to be a rapper then, back in 2010 with some guys in Benin, but that didn’t quite work out, because though they had vision, they just couldn’t execute their plans so when the music thing didn’t happen, I had to look for the next best thing to get myself out there the way I wanted to. So the plan was since I needed money to push my music, I would go into production and then make money and get the respect and the connections from production to push my music. I came to Lagos in 2012 and when I started, I was really into it, trying to make sure I was where I wanted to be within the shortest possible time. So in 2013, I did the first song that got me some attention, it was “8 figures” by Rugged Man ft Reminisce and since then it has been one step after the other and I am still growing.

You mentioned earlier that you are also a DJ.

That is still in the works for now; I am not totally a DJ. I am just a DJ when I want to perform my music or when I travel with Uncle Jimmy Jatt. He is my mentor and I work in his studio, I have known him for two years now. I mixed and mastered all his songs in recent times.

source: http://tushmagazine.com.ng/dj-jimmy-jatt-mentor-benie-macaulay/

cc

seun, lalasticala, mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Campaign To Free Chocolate City Boss, Maikori, Launched / Results Of Polls Conducted By Actress Yvonne Nelson, Go Against Pastors / Video:everyone Was Happy That Melaye Graduated Because Of His Stubbornness-Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.