Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,509 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

My Owanbe Diary: Episode 2 - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Owanbe Diary: Episode 2 (406 Views)

Lilly Souvenirs Owanbe Package / For The Love Of Owanbe / My Owanbe Diary: Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Owanbe Diary: Episode 2 by OwanbeAdmin: 11:27am On Mar 01, 2017
My experience on the 18th of February was not one I was expecting, I did not see it coming at all. Do you remember I mentioned looking for Aso Ebi styles last week? If yes, the reason was because I had this guy named Kunle that I really wanted to represent very well.

Kunle and I have been hanging out a lot lately. I met him at the cinemas few months ago when we both came to see the movie ‘Dr Strange’. It all started when he collided with me, thereby spilling half of my popcorn; he was so apologetic and offered to replace my popcorn but as the big girl that I form to be, I declined and went ahead to get another pack for myself.

I was sitting just by the cotton candy stand when Kunle came to sit beside me and started apologising all over again. I told him not to worry and that everything was fine now. We got talking and decided to see the movie together since none of us had a partner.

I had a nice time seeing the movie with Kunle; he was an interesting person so it wasn’t surprising that we exchanged contacts and have been hanging out and seeing each other frequently since then. We spent long hours on phone conversations and spent most of our free time together.

At a point, I was already having feelings for him and almost concluded that he was my ‘Mr Right’. And because we spent lot of quality time together, I almost believed that he doesn’t have any girl in his life, beside me. So it wasn’t a surprise when I agreed to attend his friend’s wedding, as his date.

I had forgotten about the wedding date until we ran into his friend and his fiancee at Spurs, where we had gone to have lunch. We exchanged pleasantries, and after few minutes of chit chat the couples insisted I attended their wedding. Kunle laughed and told them that I was his date to the function already. The bride-to-be insisted that I get the Gele of her Aso Oke, which I paid for and got at the spot.

The bride-to-be’s voice kept ringing in my head all through saying “I picked only gele and cap, I want my friends to buy whatever type of fabric that suits them as long as it is Magenta in colour”. I was not going to be under-dressed and I had to represent my Kunle well, so I took my time to explore all my fabric vendors and finally settled for a cord lace of ₦27,000 per 5 yards.

Kunle called me at work about 5 days to the wedding and asked me how I was preparing for the wedding. I told him I was good to go; I remember him saying “Hahaha, I trust you to slay, dont disappoint me”. I headed to one nice boutique in Ikeja and bought a nice pair of Gold Heels to match the dress. I won’t mention the designer or the price of the shoe so you don’t start throwing jabs at me but have it in mind that my bank account felt the effect of the purchase.

Finally it was Saturday the 18th, my glam team was on point. I was the definition of Pepper them gang, make up on fleek, dress on point, my accessories were perfect, from my jewellery to my matching shoe and clutch bag. Kunle saw me and he could not hide his joy as he kept complimenting me and taking my pictures. I was beautifully adorned.

Read full episode 2 of My Owanbe Diary on http://owanbeparries.com/2017/02/24/owanbe-diary-episode-2/

Read My Owanbe Diary: Episode 1.

(1) (Reply)

Women Who Made History…today / Breaking: Efe Wins Big Brother Naija 2017... Read How It Happened / World Class Fumigation And Pest Control Training In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.