Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Nigerian Senate To Visit South Africa Over Xenophobic Attacks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Senate To Visit South Africa Over Xenophobic Attacks (8938 Views)

Stephanie Hegarty Reacts To Magu's Rejection By Nigerian Senate / Geoffrey Onyeama Hold Talks With Zuma Over Xenophobic Attacks / Nigerian Senate May Expel DSTV, MTN, Shoprite Over Xenophobic Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Senate To Visit South Africa Over Xenophobic Attacks by Goke7: 2:25pm On Mar 01, 2017
another waste of public funds, is this the senate that want to ban SA companies from Nigeria because of xenophobic attacks?

those guys just want to go on holidays in SA, 'were' bunch of people
Re: Nigerian Senate To Visit South Africa Over Xenophobic Attacks by linearity: 2:25pm On Mar 01, 2017
May God grant them sense....

Visiting South Africa for what? To beg them to take it easy on Nigerians there?

All you would have simply done is to summon South Africa Ambassador in Nigeria to the Senate, put him in the hot seat with questions and give him one week ultimatum to rectify the issue.

Let them know that, South Africa interest and businesses in Nigeria will be subjected to the same treatment.

Use the power of trade to force the South Africa government that, licenses and operations of South Africa businesses will be affected may not be protected by the Nigerian security, if Nigerians and their businesses are not accorded the same protections in South Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate To Visit South Africa Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nizguy(m): 2:32pm On Mar 01, 2017
Nice one our senators
Re: Nigerian Senate To Visit South Africa Over Xenophobic Attacks by nkemjacob2(m): 2:40pm On Mar 01, 2017
to me dis journey is not relevant.. is another waste of money..
Re: Nigerian Senate To Visit South Africa Over Xenophobic Attacks by Rilwayne001: 3:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
Thisis2raw:
Another reason to squander taxpayers money

Shut up!

You will still have this nonsense to spew if they had kept shut on the issue, now they are going on behalf of our brother there you are here saying rubbish. sad
Re: Nigerian Senate To Visit South Africa Over Xenophobic Attacks by seangy4konji: 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2017
Am not surprised stealer oduah is there.

Someone that's supposed to be in jail.
Re: Nigerian Senate To Visit South Africa Over Xenophobic Attacks by Immacula8(m): 3:53pm On Mar 01, 2017
How much of BTA|PTA are they entitled to?? grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Senate To Visit South Africa Over Xenophobic Attacks by MPSA(m): 4:18pm On Mar 01, 2017
Movingcoil:
Our money is visiting south Africa grin grin grin shocked cool cool cool

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Senate To Visit South Africa Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 01, 2017
Tmcheww...... Holiday dey hungry them.... Plus xenophobic trip allowance, diplomatic sitting allowance.....y den no visit southern kaduna, Maiduguri?
Re: Nigerian Senate To Visit South Africa Over Xenophobic Attacks by Brushless: 6:38pm On Mar 01, 2017
veekid:

visit there and die
Stupidity!
Re: Nigerian Senate To Visit South Africa Over Xenophobic Attacks by Brushless: 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2017
Movingcoil:
Our money is visiting south Africa grin grin grin shocked cool cool cool
What of our people being killed in South Africa, or our money is now more important than our people?
Re: Nigerian Senate To Visit South Africa Over Xenophobic Attacks by toshmann(m): 7:29pm On Mar 01, 2017
I'm Sure they have budgeted 700 million naira for this trip.

They should've invited the SA ambassador to answer questions & let our Ambassador in SA do the assessment of the damage and report to both the SA govt and the NG govt.

But no, our leaders have no sense and they are also greedy. Fela said it in the 1970s, today it is still as true as it was in those days.

#CommonSenseIsNoLongerCommon
Re: Nigerian Senate To Visit South Africa Over Xenophobic Attacks by peteroses009(m): 8:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
Jadeng:
To do what exactly?
when we have a Nigerian High Commission over there already.
Re: Nigerian Senate To Visit South Africa Over Xenophobic Attacks by nakamora: 10:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
Why going to SA,over there they are Nigerians but here they are Biafrans.So why wasting Nigeria money on aliens claiming Nigerians in South Africa.
Re: Nigerian Senate To Visit South Africa Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 3:09am On Mar 02, 2017
Brushless:
What of our people being killed in South Africa, or our money is now more important than our people?
Why na there dem dey go and most of them wey I know na drugs, they live on fast lane... Talk true to yourself how many of them wey dey der are legit? If you decide to annoy God with your decision in life then be ready to face whatever the devil will bring to your table. They should come back to Nigeria let us make it like south Africa, it is better they died here while revolting than being picked on another mans land because they are cowards and can't face reality.
My opinion though cos as I dey now even if you bring us visa free come give me make I go there to stay just for no good reason, I will reject it. They feel that achievement and endeavors are measured with how much money you are able to accumulate, to me No, it is quantified by how much sacrifice and compromise you've made to make others feel happy and safe.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate To Visit South Africa Over Xenophobic Attacks by aleeyus(m): 3:19am On Mar 02, 2017
GodIsFoolish:
Hypocrites

they did not visit Southern Kaduna
You dont know any thing about southern Kaduna
Re: Nigerian Senate To Visit South Africa Over Xenophobic Attacks by Chauke(m): 7:34pm On Mar 02, 2017
Brushless:

They will be all Joburg malls for shopping instead they should be dealing with Fulani herdsmen

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria May Stop Borrowing To Fund Budget — Adeosun / Anambra Election: Tribunal Relocates To Ilorin / LP's Achonu Demands Cancellation Of Imo Results, Vows To Seek Redress In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.