Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,068 members, 7,810,999 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram (29856 Views)

EFCC Detains Senator Albert Bassey Over Receipt Of N1.1b Vehicles From Oil Baron / EFCC Recovers 17 Vehicles From Abdullahi Dikko, Ex-Comptroller Of Customs (pics) / Nigeria Buys New Aircraft From Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by Qyubee(m): 8:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
Aare2050:
We were told that Bokom Haram has been conquered, why waste our money again
Serious countries consolidate on military successes and also add to their military hardware, dats y powerful militaries continue to b powerful and dominant. This is good news....kee it up fg.
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by seangy4konji: 8:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
We are not hearing anything about the one mr dasuki and friends embeLED.

I GUESS CASE CLOSE.

NIGERIA IS JUST A FAILED COUNTRY.

We ko hear anything again. Saraki,all if th. Not one single prrseon deh prison.

The judges are quick to sentence person weh steal phone to life in prison. . .
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by ellovee(m): 8:24pm On Mar 01, 2017
Wey photo?
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by kuuljay(m): 8:32pm On Mar 01, 2017
I wanted to come in and discuss these military hardwares but as usual the thread has been taken over by half literate children of hate,in the next one year if care is not taken nairaland will be left for them...some don't even read topics,they just ...na waooo
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by Xbee007(m): 8:40pm On Mar 01, 2017
Aare2050:
We were told that Bokom Haram has been conquered, why waste our money again
If this really is u then I am really sorry for. U don't learn to fight during war u prepare for it so it doesn't catch u unguarded.
Being proactive not reactive, is the bottom line.
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by nNEOo(m): 8:52pm On Mar 01, 2017
whitebeard:
no vex i understand ur situation

Lol easy bro...thanks for watching my back...am sure your eyes are good
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by nNEOo(m): 8:56pm On Mar 01, 2017
AnonyNymous:

See, the government already gets some military trucks from them. But the weapons purchased from Russia are high grade top quality. Innoson cannot make the things purchased from Russia.

OK noted
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by Xbee007(m): 10:00pm On Mar 01, 2017
AreaFada2:
When you lie to much you begin to lie to yourself even. After they told us that only ragtag remnants of Boko are launching sporadic attacks here and there, that Boko has been technically defeated, they want to import weapon from several countries to fight Boko.

Abeg where dem wan see remnants they said have melted into civilian population to attack?

Is it those suspected to be among IDPs that they wanted to kill that they decided to carpet bomb the IDP camp? shocked shocked

Because in this country truth from govt is a very scarce commodity indeed.
I can't believe a human with God endowed brain can ever reason like this.
Wait, are u all for real? Or u are deliberately pretending to be dumb?
No sane country wait until war begin before they start preparing. U learn to fight before war not during war.
Open your brain do not be blinded by hate.
Peace!
AreaFada2:
When you lie to much you begin to lie to yourself even. After they told us that only ragtag remnants of Boko are launching sporadic attacks here and there, that Boko has been technically defeated, they want to import weapon from several countries to fight Boko.

Abeg where dem wan see remnants they said have melted into civilian population to attack?

Is it those suspected to be among IDPs that they wanted to kill that they decided to carpet bomb the IDP camp? shocked shocked

Because in this country truth from govt is a very scarce commodity indeed.
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by Xbee007(m): 10:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
kuuljay:
I wanted to come in and discuss these military hardwares but as usual the thread has been taken over by half literate children of hate,in the next one year if care is not taken nairaland will be left for them...some don't even read topics,they just ...na waooo
I feel u bro. Honestly, I really do. Some people just come here to say some annoying stuff. Their comments reaks of hate and lack of reasoning. It is pity on youth of nowadays. Look at America, Russia, Egypt, Algeria etc. Their defence spending is commendable. Nigeria just spend a tit-bit on defence hardware and some morrons are complaning cos they "felt" BH war is over....
I feel really sorry for our youths.
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by AreaFada2: 10:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
Xbee007:

I can't believe a human with God endowed brain can ever reason like this.
Wait, are u all for real? Or u are deliberately pretending to be dumb?
No sane country wait until war begin before they start preparing. U learn to fight before war not during war.
Open your brain do not be blinded by hate.
Peace!

Really? How nice.

Kids needing vital treatment are dying like congenital heart disease that need operation. They are dying before their poor families can raise millions for operations. Your dullard is hibernating treating himself in UK while many kids are denied a chance to live at all.

Have you ever heard of the word "priority"? Why can't that (buying arms from various countries) be a medium term investment?

People with a micro-cephalic brain like you embarrass yourselves in ignorance believing you have an iota of intelligence, but only spew nonsense.

I have no doubt you're one of those Northern slavemaster ass-lickers. shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by AreaFada2: 10:23pm On Mar 01, 2017
Xbee007:

I feel u bro. Honestly, I really do. Some people just come here to say some annoying stuff. Their comments reaks of hate and lack of reasoning. It is pity on youth of nowadays. Look at America, Russia, Egypt, Algeria etc. Their defence spending is commendable. Nigeria just spend a tit-bit on defence hardware and some morrons are complaning cos they "felt" BH war is over....
I feel really sorry for our youths.
Those countries also look after the poor.
Their economies are relatively ok. So you will just start budgeting anyhow & buying weapon because America does. Are you Ok at all?

Quite amazing how thin-skinned you bigots are. Forgotten what GEJ and supporters had to endure for years? You guys should get ready for more. You ain't seen nothing yet. Suddenly criticising your hibernating god means hate. Hahahaha. grin grin

Now your mummy leader's kindergarten and cow herder economic policies have cost Nigeria far more money than so-called money looted under GEJ. Where after 21 nonths, we have no convictions of note.

Do not go back to oil price during GEJ time. Because you bigots claim oil has no relevance to Nigerian economy now. shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by Xbee007(m): 10:25pm On Mar 01, 2017
AreaFada2:

Really? How nice.

Kids needing vital treatment are dying like congenital heart disease that need operation. They are dying before their poor families can raise millions for operations. Your dullard is hibernating treating himself in UK while many kids are denied a chance to live at all.

Have you ever heard of the word "priority"? Why can't that (buying arms from various countries) be a medium term investment?

People with a micro-cephalic brain like you embarrass yourselves in ignorance believing you have an iota of intelligence, but only spew nonsense.

I have no doubt you're one of those Northern slavemaster ass-lickers. shocked shocked
I don't blame you anyway.
It something so simple yet so complex for an OSU to comprehend. Defence spending and health spending are on different side of the divide. An unsafe country can never have time for health issue. Safety comes first then other follows.
If u can just stop hating for one second u will undestand, but if you can't it is your cross u just have to bear it.
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by Xbee007(m): 10:41pm On Mar 01, 2017
AreaFada2:

Those countries also look after the poor.
Their economies are relatively ok. So you will just start budgeting anyhow & buying weapon because America does. Are you Ok at all?

Quite amazing how thin-skinned you bigots are. Forgotten what GEJ and supporters had to endure for years? You guys should get ready for more. You ain't seen nothing yet. Suddenly criticising your hibernating god means hate. Hahahaha. grin grin

Now your mummy leader's kindergarten and cow herder economic policies have cost Nigeria far more money than so-called money looted under GEJ. Where after 21 nonths, we have no convictions of note.

Do not go back to oil price during GEJ time. Because you bigots claim oil has no relevance to Nigerian economy now. shocked shocked
I am not a bigot. I am a realist!
Have you ever for once, in the middle of your hatred, paused to ask yourself these questions.
Why do investors run away from the SS and SE?
Why do rich indigenes of ur region fear to go back home.
INSECURITY! Simple.
With all the potential in Nigeria, every one run away from it. (I am not blaming your kidnappers brothers, human traffickers sisters or drug pusher relation of yours for destroying the country's image). I blame our security officials for not being proactive enough and the FG for not buying enough security apparatus to catch POTENTIAL INDONESIAN FIREWOODS.
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by AreaFada2: 10:45pm On Mar 01, 2017
Xbee007:

I don't blame you anyway.
It something so simple yet so complex for an OSU to comprehend. Defence spending and health spending are on different side of the divide. An unsafe country can never have time for health issue. Safety comes first then other follows.
If u can just stop hating for one second u will undestand, but if you can't it is your cross u just have to bear it.
So anyone who disagrees with you is an osu.

Your people are the most ignorant in Nigeria. They would have been better informed due to education but tribalism and bigotry did not allow it. I see them everywhere, they brag & talk loudly but have little knowledge of Nigeria generally. Hence everybody not licking Fulani ass with them is an Osu. grin grin

So you mean you want to defend dead & dying people? To what end? In their graves? You're are slower than I thought. A country where life expectancy is a mere 52 years.

So it never occured to you that Boko Haram got a fertile recruitment ground because of illiteracy, poverty & desperation caused by mostly Northern leaders who have ruled for almost 40 years? Now I can see why Jonathan's hundreds of Almajiri schools & Fed universities all over the place is never mentioned. Because your masters loathe educating the masses.

But what can one really expect from a product of a failed education system where lecturer sorting, pamphlet buying & secret societies hold sway? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by AreaFada2: 10:56pm On Mar 01, 2017
Xbee007:

Have you ever for once, in the middle of your hatred, paused to ask yourself these questions.
Why do investors run away from the SS and SE?
Why do rich indigenes of ur region fear to go back home.
INSECURITY! Simple. With all the potential in Nigeria, every one run away from it. (I am not blaming your kidnappers brothers, human traffickers sisters or drug pusher relation of yours for destroying the country's image). I blame our security officials for not being proactive enough and the FG for not buying enough security apparatus to catch POTENTIAL INDONESIAN FIREWOODS.

Have you asked yourself if Calabar had remained Federal capital & oil money had been used to develop Calabar instead of Lagos, that Calabar would be the commercial centre & attract more people? Or if Ikot had been chosen & developed with oil money as a new Fed capital instead of Suleja turned Abuja, that all the three arms zone, ministries, foreign embassies and more would be in Ikot?

I know you're a very slow bigot but I will help you. People go where the population and consumer strength is. It is global, but how can you know that?

Anyway, Innoson operates in the East, so are Aba shoemakers and more.

Since you want me to be Igbo, I will gladly be an honorary Igbo. If that's the only thing that gives you orgasm. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by Emycord: 11:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
BUHARImyDOG:
MY DOG SHALL NOT DIE HE MUST DECIMATE BOKO HARAM
i thought trump called ur dog and promised him weapons why russia and uae now apc no sabi lie o. The same trump that ask just few days before the call why have the chibok girls not been found
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by doublefreez(m): 12:02am On Mar 02, 2017
ARABS COMING TO FIGHT FOR US. I HOPE ITS NOT THE PROPHESY OF TURNING NAIJA TO ISLAMIC STATE THAT HAS STARTED.
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by 234ng44uk(m): 12:51am On Mar 02, 2017
UAE? I was at a gas power plant in one of the Emirates in 2013 or thereabout. One of the engineers on site was happy to announce that they're gradually phasing out a particular gas turbine for a more efficient one. Out of the two due for replacement, one had already been sold, ready for shipment to a developing country (as if they are developed country). I instantly knew we (Nigeria) were the buyer. We buy scraps at the price of new to maximise proceeds of corruption.
For the record, UAE is not a weapons manufacturer. Alas! The APC we voted for aren't the messiahs after all.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by EmekaBlue(m): 6:47am On Mar 02, 2017
D stealing going on now no b joke o
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by Adminisher: 6:56am On Mar 02, 2017
234ng44uk:
UAE? I was at a gas power plant in one of the Emirates in 2013 or thereabout. One of the engineers on site was happy to announce that they're gradually phasing out a particular gas turbine for a more efficient one. Out of the two due for replacement, one had already been sold, ready for shipment to a developing country (as if they are developed country). I instantly knew we (Nigeria) were the buyer. We buy scraps at the price of new to maximise proceeds of corruption.
For the record, UAE is not a weapons manufacturer. Alas! The APC we voted for aren't the messiahs after all.

UAE is the fastest growing weapons manufacturer. They are now no. 5 in UAV production and they are making MRAPs and LAVs. They are planning a lot of high tech weapons manufacturing and they have the cash to attract Turkish, Pakistani, Egyptian and even some European engineers
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by Adminisher: 6:59am On Mar 02, 2017
234ng44uk:

For Nigeria it is a power emergency. To build a new gas turbine from raw material to mould to casting to sourcing other par5s from 1000 suppliers takes 3 years. There are so many scenarios that make buying second hand so attractive if you are a GENCO owner and you have customers waiting.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by Cannonleo(m): 7:32am On Mar 02, 2017
whitebeard:
cool it INNOSON and INNOSON does not produce MILITARY equipment..!!
proforce and mekhog does
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by whitebeard(m): 9:02am On Mar 02, 2017
Cannonleo:
proforce and mekhog does
pro force is not Nigerian Mekhong is Thailand first domestically produced golden branded spirit
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by Xbee007(m): 10:18am On Mar 02, 2017
AreaFada2:

So anyone who disagrees with you is an osu.

Your people are the most ignorant in Nigeria. They would have been better informed due to education but tribalism and bigotry did not allow it. I see them everywhere, they brag & talk loudly but have little knowledge of Nigeria generally. Hence everybody not licking Fulani ass with them is an Osu. grin grin

So you mean you want to defend dead & dying people? To what end? In their graves? You're are slower than I thought. A country where life expectancy is a mere 52 years.

So it never occured to you that Boko Haram got a fertile recruitment ground because of illiteracy, poverty & desperation caused by mostly Northern leaders who have ruled for almost 40 years? Now I can see why Jonathan's hundreds of Almajiri schools & Fed universities all over the place is never mentioned. Because your masters loathe educating the masses.

But what can one really expect from a product of a failed education system where lecturer sorting, pamphlet buying & secret societies hold sway? shocked shocked

U are just manufacturing claims I didn't make. Just digressing aimlessly like a kayyack lost in the storm. I have been to the north and I have witnessed first hand what ignorance can do to the human mind. There was no where that I mentioned education is not vital in my comments even though u wished I did. But the reality is the north are not gonna change overnight. That is the fact!

The well travelled (informed) ones among you know that TRIBALISM and BIGOTRY is as ALIEN to the Yoruba race as HATRED and BITTERNESS is as deeply rooted in your culture.
The world knows quality education, which most Nigerians lack, is most crucial to the development of a country and I don't dispute that. However, the bitter truth is Nigeria has digress from the straight path hence the current situation we are in. As long as Nigeria remain one we will be in this together till the time we go our separate ways.
It is therefore crucial that Nigeria deal with the issue of insecurity, education, health amongst others simultaneously.
Therefore, the defence hardwares procures is justified.
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by AreaFada2: 5:10pm On Mar 02, 2017
Xbee007:

U are just manufacturing claims I didn't make. Just digressing aimlessly like a kayyack lost in the storm. I have been to the north and I have witnessed first hand what ignorance can do to the human mind. There was no where that I mentioned education is not vital in my comments even though u wished I did. But the reality is the north are not gonna change overnight. That is the fact!

The well travelled (informed) ones among you know that TRIBALISM and BIGOTRY is as ALIEN to the Yoruba race as HATRED and BITTERNESS is as deeply rooted in your culture.
The world knows quality education, which most Nigerians lack, is most crucial to the development of a country and I don't dispute that. However, the bitter truth is Nigeria has digress from the straight path hence the current situation we are in. As long as Nigeria remain one we will be in this together till the time we go our separate ways.
It is therefore crucial that Nigeria deal with the issue of insecurity, education, health amongst others simultaneously.
Therefore, the defence hardwares procures is justified.
I am not surprised by your justification.

A well-ravelled & educated kinsman of your was defending Buhari's coup of 1983 thus: Yes that coup was justified because there was corruption." And he was probably a baby then. In his mind, corruption justifies coup. Then it means that every regime since 1960 deserved to be overthrown.
He forgot that all systems in history were corrupt in the beginning. But corrected and balanced the errors over many decades & centuries largely democratically, not through incessant coups.

In my place, a non-indigene (an Urhobo heritage person) is the current (2017) non-hereditary Traditional Prime Minister (Iyase), who is next in power to the Oba and in ancient times he was the head of government, and most senior representative of the masses before the King. Even an Izon, and two Ado-Akure people have filled that role in the last 250 years. So which culture with bitterness & hatred appoints non-indigenes as the most powerful govt official, and that since many centuries? cheesy grin

All that was to get an experienced, accomplished & well travelled person without ties to the local powerful nobility, so that he can fearlessly & dispassionately represent the common man, instead of the nobility. Without fear or favour. Does that look like the way of bigoted & tribalistic people?

Cross-check all the facts mentioned above. If you want I can even direct you to the palace and get your info right from the source. But as it is typical of you lot that have no interest in the truth but just to keep defending even the most useless and ignorant position, you will sooner dismiss it as completely made up instead of taking the pain to cross-check.

So once again, your ignorance of other people has exposed you again. The sooner you accept that assumption of knowing it all means that you lot are too ignorant to learn, the sooner you can correct your ways. .

An intelligent person is one who wakes up everyday and assumes that he knows nothing and be hungry for knowledge afresh. Not even degrees or education can replace that. One who doesn't wake up hungry for knowledge has already set a limit to what he can learn in life.
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by Xbee007(m): 12:11pm On Mar 03, 2017
AreaFada2:

I am not surprised by your justification.

A well-ravelled & educated kinsman of your was defending Buhari's coup of 1983 thus: Yes that coup was justified because there was corruption." And he was probably a baby then. In his mind, corruption justifies coup. Then it means that every regime since 1960 deserved to be overthrown.
He forgot that all systems in history were corrupt in the beginning. But corrected and balanced the errors over many decades & centuries largely democratically, not through incessant coups.

In my place, a non-indigene (an Urhobo heritage person) is the current (2017) non-hereditary Traditional Prime Minister (Iyase), who is next in power to the Oba and in ancient times he was the head of government, and most senior representative of the masses before the King. Even an Izon, and two Ado-Akure people have filled that role in the last 250 years. So which culture with bitterness & hatred appoints non-indigenes as the most powerful govt official, and that since many centuries? cheesy grin

All that was to get an experienced, accomplished & well travelled person without ties to the local powerful nobility, so that he can fearlessly & dispassionately represent the common man, instead of the nobility. Without fear or favour. Does that look like the way of bigoted & tribalistic people?

Cross-check all the facts mentioned above. If you want I can even direct you to the palace and get your info right from the source. But as it is typical of you lot that have no interest in the truth but just to keep defending even the most useless and ignorant position, you will sooner dismiss it as completely made up instead of taking the pain to cross-check.

So once again, your ignorance of other people has exposed you again. The sooner you accept that assumption of knowing it all means that you lot are too ignorant to learn, the sooner you can correct your ways. .

An intelligent person is one who wakes up everyday and assumes that he knows nothing and be hungry for knowledge afresh. Not even degrees or education can replace that. One who doesn't wake up hungry for knowledge has already set a limit to what he can learn in life.

Well I am not my kinsman and he doesn't speak for me or my race, but I am sure everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. That is the beauty of democracy.

The truth is the hatred and ill-informed stereotypical comments you were making made me mistake you for an average IPOD youth. So that has guided my comments against you.
Cos, it is an average IPOD youth that wish Yoruba race is scared of Nigeria breakup when in reality they can wait for that day.
They wish the Yoruba are jealous of their progress while in reality they are not.
They wish we would treat them with discontempt when they take up business in our neighbourhood but we welcome them with open hands.
Lagos state was the first state in the whole of Nigeria to appoint Reps that don't speak the host community language.

I know u wish I wouldn't believe that The Edo Kingdom is a progressive kingdom who doesn't judge people base on the language they speak or the God they worship. SHOCKER! I DO! Because I believe that any tribe with solid link to Yoruba culture such as the Benin kingdom itself are always objective. Fact!
But u are one confused strain of Edo blood. I am sure you have been to the SW and have witnessed firsthand the wonderful nature of the Yorubas. The genuine love they showed you irrespective of the language u speak or your religion. Yet, you lots come online to say nasty stuff about Yoruba race. It is a big shame on you guys that u will bite the hand that feed you.

I can't help you with your hatred with the Yoruba race but if you continue this way it will consume you whole.
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by AreaFada2: 1:19pm On Mar 03, 2017
Xbee007:

Well I am not my kinsman and he doesn't speak for me or my race, but I am sure everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. That is the beauty of democracy.

The truth is the hatred and ill-informed stereotypical comments you were making made me mistake you for an average IPOD youth. So that has guided my comments against you.
Cos, it is an average IPOD youth that wish Yoruba race is scared of Nigeria breakup when in reality they can wait for that day.
They wish the Yoruba are jealous of their progress while in reality they are not.
They wish we would treat them with discontempt when they take up business in our neighbourhood but we welcome them with open hands.
Lagos state was the first state in the whole of Nigeria to appoint Reps that don't speak the host community language.

I know u wish I wouldn't believe that The Edo Kingdom is a progressive kingdom who doesn't judge people base on the language they speak or the God they worship. SHOCKER! I DO! Because I believe that any tribe with solid link to Yoruba culture such as the Benin kingdom itself are always objective. Fact!
But u are one confused strain of Edo blood. I am sure you have been to the SW and have witnessed firsthand the wonderful nature of the Yorubas. The genuine love they showed you irrespective of the language u speak or your religion. Yet, you lots come online to say nasty stuff about Yoruba race. It is a big shame on you guys that u will bite the hand that feed you.

I can't help you with your hatred with the Yoruba race but if you continue this way it will consume you whole.

Everything I say are things I have witnessed frequently. Not made up. Sure, I have not personally dealt with the odd 40 million of your kinsmen. But of those I have dealt with, to your face all seem mostly nice. Finding out things later behind the back is very different.

Sure I know decent ones.

If I was writing this even 7 years ago, I would have called them my kinsmen. Yes, that may surprise you. Edo actually has a sizeable number of Ado-Akure people. United with Edo people not necessarily by tribe/origin but a common culture, overseen by the King.

Benin is not necessarily a tribe, it is a culture. That is why anybody immersed in Edo culture can reach most high positions even in traditional institution.
Yes some Benin people may not even know. You may have to be from a certain level of traditional society to know these things.

In Mid-West, we had no problem letting Dennis Osadebey become the first Premier. Oba Akenzua did not insist that because he led the campaign for Mid-West, a Benin person should rule.

75% of my people had Yoruba language as first language for centuries. Until the 1980s when most died. Some still alive. We straddled Eastern Yorubaland & Edo in imperial times.
All the people I learned my history from were bilingual: Benin/Yoruba. Some were born & lived half their lives in Eastern Yorubland. So no Yoruba mysticism they didn't know. All had personal reasons to be historically objective.

So when people who only ever lived a one-tribe life, with little exposure to others come to claim they know all, I just laugh.

My problem with your modern kinsmen (especially social media ones) is inability to step back and objectively see other people's point of view.
They turn up with this arrogant and condescending attitude of "we are the majority, we know it all".

Whereas the person you are talking down on might even have a better historical evidence of descending from Oduduwa, not like those claiming they are his children without any evidence of descent but maybe Igalla or Hausa originally. grin cheesy

I once argued here that Yoruba people should not claim Oduduwa alone. That through Benin monarchy, Oduduwa's children sit on thrones in Delta (including Anioma), Bayelsa & Rivers state. Is that the idea of somebody with a natural hatred for Yoruba people?

Naturally, it would be easier to ally with you guys, like in fact used to until I found that objectivity has no place there. Jonathan's issue put me off completely. I criticised him bitterly initially, until I saw the efforts he was making. When I tried highlighting those things, I was suddenly labelled Ipod, Tanoid. Haba! Me that has never voted or supported any party?

Yoruba people should not feel that because of modern numerical supremacy, they can afford to alienate their natural allies. And that includes the Igbos & all of SS.
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by Cannonleo(m): 11:38pm On Mar 04, 2017
whitebeard:
pro force is not Nigerian Mekhong is Thailand first domestically produced golden branded spirit

Smh
Am talking weapons ur talking spirits
Google is ur friend
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by Vikkie14: 12:11am On Mar 05, 2017
Cannonleo:

Smh
Am talking weapons ur talking spirits
Google is ur friend
Buddy, You should know that unlearned fellow full this forum.
Not every comment worth a response.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze / Fayose Meets Ayodele Dada Daniel At An Event In Lagos. Photos / Lagos LG Election: Protest Over Ballot Papers Found In Bus At Agege

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.