Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,262 members, 7,811,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram (29862 Views)

EFCC Detains Senator Albert Bassey Over Receipt Of N1.1b Vehicles From Oil Baron / EFCC Recovers 17 Vehicles From Abdullahi Dikko, Ex-Comptroller Of Customs (pics) / Nigeria Buys New Aircraft From Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by mmsen: 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2017
zlantanfan:
ftc for once, after all the hype I dare say this pop is just overrated, just a bunch of lazy bored Nigerians battling on who first add more money to oga seun wallet.

By the way the government should focus more attention on the new Boko Haram that affects all which is the economy

They need to ensure that every child in the north east has an education so that they can participate in the economy. That would mean challenging the crooks in that region who are intent on ensuring that the people remain dependent and in poverty.
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by castrokins(m): 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2017
Which Boko Haram Are We Talking About Here?

They One I Knew Had Been Completely Decimated According To One Mohammed.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by burkingx(f): 6:43pm On Mar 01, 2017
cheesy
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 01, 2017
nNEOo:
All the way from Russia uae etc....why didn't you place other on innosence.....
...........keep buying Oyinbo made cry
Innoson makes cars, not weapons of war
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by tomakint: 6:46pm On Mar 01, 2017
Aare2050:
We were told that Bokom Haram has been conquered, why waste our money again
This is exactly what I wanted to ask, now I can authoritatively conclude that this APC govt needs to DIE for Nigeria to have PEACE.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 01, 2017
Which Book Haram again?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by whitebeard(m): 6:47pm On Mar 01, 2017
nNEOo:
All the way from Russia uae etc....why didn't you place other on innosence.....
...........keep buying Oyinbo made cry
cool it INNOSON and INNOSON does not produce MILITARY equipment..!!
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by nNEOo(m): 6:48pm On Mar 01, 2017
AnonyNymous:

Innoson makes cars, not weapons of war

Actually they make weapons of war ,...all the government need is to sign contract with them...That's all or...?
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by nNEOo(m): 6:50pm On Mar 01, 2017
whitebeard:
cool it INNOSON and INNOSON does not produce MILITARY equipment..!!

Is your eye paining you?
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by berrystunn(m): 6:53pm On Mar 01, 2017
ALAYORMII:
Boko Haram that's been "technically defeated"

Scam
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by dayod247(m): 6:53pm On Mar 01, 2017
DESTINY41:
Nah waoh. Nah real wah

I thought they are done with this boko people ?? undecided undecided undecided

Abi o, which bokoharam again. Na herdsmen dey now. Scam government

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 01, 2017
nNEOo:

Actually they make weapons of war ,...all the government need is to sign contract with them...That's all or...?
See, the government already gets some military trucks from them. But the weapons purchased from Russia are high grade top quality. Innoson cannot make the things purchased from Russia.
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by cstr55: 6:57pm On Mar 01, 2017
I have seen this news on nairaland up to ten different occasions throughout last year.
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by davidif: 6:57pm On Mar 01, 2017
holamiday:
Una sabi use those things? Una sabi use them? No be to just buy am o. I no wan hear say una use am kill civilians again o. If una no sabi use am make una go learn am well before una launch am o. If i hear pem, i go carry cane flog all those service chiefs.

I don tell una.

E go be.

Dude what you should be asking is why Russia should sell weapons to a careless military like Nigeria's.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by whitebeard(m): 6:58pm On Mar 01, 2017
nNEOo:

Is your eye paining you?
no vex i understand ur situation
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by zlantanfan: 6:58pm On Mar 01, 2017
mmsen:

They need to ensure that every child in the north east has an education so that they can participate in the economy. That would mean challenging the crooks in that region who are intent on ensuring that the people remain dependent and in poverty.
there is a deliberate move by the elite of the north to continuously use it's people ignorance and population for its benefit, some things would never change.
The day they get knowledge is the day they start questioning the benefit they have gained from there blinded massive support.

A lot is spent to keep them that way even to the extent of using religion as long as the deception sinks.

So u see we have to talk of our progress and leave those that are destined to remain behind.

I remember gowon in the 80s saying the education and progress in the south should be stopped for 30 years to allow the north catch up, this was in the 80s
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by mmsen: 7:00pm On Mar 01, 2017
zlantanfan:
there is a deliberate move by the elite of the north to continuously use it's people ignorance and population for its benefit, some things would never change.
The day they get knowledge is the day they start questioning the benefit they have gained from there blinded massive support.

A lot is spent to keep them that way even to the extent of using religion as long as the deception sinks.

So u see we have to talk of our progress and leave those that are destined to remain behind.

I remember gowon in the 80s saying the education and progress in the south should be stopped for 30 years to allow the north catch up, this was in the 80s

I didn't know he said that.

I hope he didn't...
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by mmsen: 7:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
cstr55:
I have seen this news on nairaland up to ten different occasions throughout last year.

It does seem to hit front page every week.

I wonder what kind of security apparatus announces its every move to the world.
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by ibnidris(m): 7:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
Aare2050:
We were told that Bokom Haram has been conquered, why waste our money again

Which money...... ipob use naira too
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by seguno2: 7:03pm On Mar 01, 2017
Why did Buhari not buy from the USA despite all his initial gra gra?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
is this also Osinbanjo's miracle and good governance ?
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by Chelseafan1: 7:04pm On Mar 01, 2017
Pearly255:
Adupe smiley

No be u I dey follow talk undecided
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by AreaFada2: 7:07pm On Mar 01, 2017
When you lie to much you begin to lie to yourself even. After they told us that only ragtag remnants of Boko are launching sporadic attacks here and there, that Boko has been technically defeated, they want to import weapon from several countries to fight Boko.

Abeg where dem wan see remnants they said have melted into civilian population to attack?

Is it those suspected to be among IDPs that they wanted to kill that they decided to carpet bomb the IDP camp? shocked shocked

Because in this country truth from govt is a very scarce commodity indeed.
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by AlphaStyles(m): 7:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
more ak47 fr 1nce make una buy another weapon
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by PatriotTemidayo: 7:14pm On Mar 01, 2017
Coming after BH was defeated with Jonathanian Weapons.
Issokay. undecided
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by softheart4love(m): 7:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
Islie:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/nigeria-buys-helicopters-vehicles-from-russia-uae-to-fight-boko-haram/187451.html

Someone said “Everytin just missing in this country. 

Our girls 

Our Money

Our budget

Our President now!

One similarity is that we always see their pictures. For hope”
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by realnas(m): 7:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
It's quite commendable to know that the govt is purchasing hardware for us in the north east but my reservation about nigeria 's defense sector is the unwarranted secrecy that accompanies procurement of arms, nigerians weren't informed of the cost of buying these drones, vehicles and attack helicopters ,companies weren't even invited to submit tenders for the procurement of these hardware.

What I am trying to emphasize here is that we are in a new administration, one that promised change but it's behaving like the previous administration when it comes to arms purchase, let us forget how Dasuki and his friends adopted this method of secrecy and looted a huge amount of money from govt coffers under the guise of national security I hope that this is not repeated in this dispensation .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by Olajay3700(m): 7:16pm On Mar 01, 2017
Does that mean I can now worriless abt this recession?
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by oyeb15: 7:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
That's why d war may never end cos some people are making money from it.
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by MozB: 7:51pm On Mar 01, 2017
where are the pictures?
Re: Nigeria Buys Helicopters, Vehicles From Russia, UAE To Fight Boko Haram by NwaIgboBoy(m): 7:52pm On Mar 01, 2017
Helicopter dey fly our money dey wast

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adebayo Shittu: I Want To Be Oyo Governor Because 2 Of My Wives Are From Ibadan / 57 Lagos APC Chairmen Back Sanwo-olu’s Governorship Ambition / Sheikh Dahiru: Nigerians Didn’t Elect Buhari To Be Sold Like Animals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.